Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ivadaivada Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I got told the same thing. A 3rd part remote starter will void the warranty since it can/does interfere with the Car's electrical system. Why don't you just get the Lexus remote started option? It's about $850 or so MSRP installed but as part of the sale they might be able to do much better ($550 or so). I negotiated mine as part of my sale yesterday. Going next weekend to get it installed, and since it is a Lexus part it does not void the warranty. Plus it gets integrated right into the Lexus key fob.
  • badnjgalbadnjgal Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the information. Can you please tell me which dealership gave that deal, I would like to go there.
  • lex999lex999 Member Posts: 4
    Herb Chambers lexus sharon ma
  • artsnew350artsnew350 Member Posts: 4
    Sooz,

After Germain tried to sc**w me on a couple car deals, I test drove there but bought my 2000 RX 300 at Scanlon in Ft. Myers and they were a pleasure to deal with. The last time I did a Google search of Germain ( a few years ago now) I found the same experience related by many other posters.
  • terry89terry89 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Does anybody know what are the changes year 2011 model over 2010?

What are the feature changes, and are there going to be a price change?

Just a bit information to help me make my decision of to wait or buy it now.

Thanks
  • ivadaivada Member Posts: 5
    Per my understanding the only difference is the phasing out of some earlier colors and being replaced by newer colors. There are no other noticeable changes in the body, styling, or options. Hope this helps! Here are the changes expected:

Price increases:
    RX350 FWD: $350
    RX350 AWD: $350
    RX450h FWD:$550
    RX450h AWD: $550

Exterior Colors: Satin Cashmere replaces Golden Almond, Stargazer black, Black Opal Mica (RX450h) added, while Truffle Mica, and Black Saphire Pearl, Aurora White Pearl (RX450h) discontinued

Some more links: http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2011-lexus-rx.htm

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1047275_lexus-reveals-updated-2011-li- neup-small-changes-for-all
  • ram7088ram7088 Member Posts: 4
    Hello i am in process of signing a lease in VA. Here are my numbers. please suggest if this is a good reasonable deal.

MSRP 47K

Down- $3000
    Monthly- $540
    Miles- 12K per Yr
    Duration- 3 Yrs.
    Residual- $28000
    First 2 Services Free

Please help me if i can go for it.

Is there anything else i should be asking for
  • roderangerroderanger Member Posts: 2
    Your numbers seem about right, but the equipment configuration is critical in determing this because it can add thousands to the price. $47K for an AWD seems very low, depending on what's in it; i.e does it have Nav, Premium, Comfort, etc. We picked up a new RWD on 8/28/10, completely loaded, with an MSRP of $47,644 - the high end "South Florida build", with the same $539/month and $2,700 down, 36 months-36,000 miles.
  • ram7088ram7088 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response.... Its about the same. Let me recheck the options and will keep in mind your numbers...
  • cassieinvacassieinva Member Posts: 1
    Working several dealers and best we can come up with here in Northern Va for a fairly loaded (no DVD Entertainment) but has NAV, Comfort, etc. 2010 MSRP $47,625. Final offer was $3150 down, 565/month for 3 year 15K mile lease. Residual was just under $27K. I would love feedback/thoughts? This is including $500 rebate incentive, etc. Down payment seems high but actually less than what other dealers required for same payments. Thanks, Steve
  • lex999lex999 Member Posts: 4
    Steve
    Leased one in Ma this week Msrp $48259 ,$2000 down ,15K per year $535 per month about the same residual, 56%. I would say you should be able to do better
  • sooznaplessooznaples Member Posts: 13
    What is the best price for this vehicle with a navigation package?
    Who has gotten the best deal and where? I live in S. Florida but will drive wherever it takes for the best price. Thanks , Sooz :confuse:
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    Michael!
    I did the same thing.....purchased a 2010 RX loaded with nav,19"wheels,starfire pearl with beige interior. Price was $40,000. I am exporting it to Canada so the savings are pretty good. These sell for $58,000. similarly equipped in Canada as new. I love the vehicle and the build quality is great. My particular model was Canadian built, so there is no import duty to bring it to Canada.
    The stock tires are michelin tires, which I have not had any good luck as far as tirewear. My last vehicle had michelin cross tour tires which lasted just over 25000 miles. My 2005 Avalon also had michelin tires and they lasted just about 30,000 miles. Once these tires wear out I will probably put on a set of good year triple tread fortera tires which are winter rated and are all season tires.
    I would find out if your dealer can install a remote start for you and still maintain your warranty. There should be a book that outlines the roadside assistance program for you, if not your dealer should have all that info.
    Enjoy your new ride. How much did you have to spend for this vehicle?
    Cheers,
    JB
  • ripboardripboard Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased the same vehicle for 43,375.00 Added DVD 2000.00 what a deal!!! Would recommend shopping at one of the Three MASS Stores mentioned here. Timing is everything. I actually got to pick out any new car color and Options I wanted.
  • iphonegirliphonegirl Member Posts: 1
    I just saw this message, probably too late to join :(

Can you post the deal you guys ended up getting?

Is this a good deal for the Bay Area?

2010 Lexus RX350 AWD with navigation system $44K + tax & fees
    With package B

Thanks!
  • artsnew350artsnew350 Member Posts: 4
    This is an update on the auto transportation from MA to SC. The company I had used before with the quote of $650.00 was Direct Express Auto Transport who gave me nothing but a run around. After initially saying they would be at the dealer on Tuesday August 31st, they claimed that was the release date and they had 1 -7 days to pick up the car. On day 7 they then claimed their pick ups were 97 to 90 percent (depending on who I spoke with) within that time frame. I canceled the order and called the company recommended by Lexus of Watertown (American Auto Transport), who quoted $800.00 for the delivery. AAT picked up my car the next day, and will deliver it tomorrow, 2 days later. During the time awaiting pickup, the Lexus of Watertown salesman had the car stored inside a building and kept the keys in his desk. Great service.

Side note: I didn't opt for the Simonz glasscoat offered by the dealership for $695.00, but a local detailing shop recommended by my mechanic will apply an equivalent sealant for $110.00.

Art
  • shopper_100shopper_100 Member Posts: 6
    I am in Houston, Texas. The Lexus deader offers me the 2010 RX350 with Premium Package, MSRP $43,850. The dealer’s price is $40,648 and drive out is $43534.

Can someone tell me it is a good deal? Did anyone recently buy with a better price in Houston? Thanks,
  • defunct00defunct00 Member Posts: 4
    Just leased a 2010 RX350

12k mi per yr
    42 mo lease
    AWD
    3850 down includes taxes, titles and fee's
    505 per mo

residual was 52%
    money factor .00175
  • paulallanpaulallan Member Posts: 1
    I am negotiating an RX now and the money factor is 57%.... list of $48293 and mo. nut is $519 + tax. 12K/36mo
  • novawildcatnovawildcat Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2010, but am wondering how long I can wait before inventories become depleted. Does Lexus typically offer any financing or additional cash incentives as a way to move the remaining inventory (I want to purchase, not lease)? I'm aware of the incentive on CPOs which is tempting but would prefer to have a new one if the numbers work out.

Thanks for any advice!
  • terry89terry89 Member Posts: 2
    The Lexus dealers I spoke to are refusing to sell to Canadians, how did you manage to buy one to Canada? help needed sice I'm also looking to import one.

thanks
  • 2stones2stones Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased in Dallas 2 weeks ago - deals from both Sewell and Park Place - $41,400 +TTL - Nav, Comfort, Premium.
  • gx470818gx470818 Member Posts: 16
    I have about another month and half left on my 07 GX470's lease and thinking about pulling the trigger on a RX450H or another GX. The residual on the 470 will be about $25,000.00 and according to blue book the trade in value for a good conditioned one is about $32,000.00. I have called the dealer's finance guy but was told there is no equity left on the car whatsoever. Has anyone has similar experience with an end-of-lease trade in? Anyone have any idea what is a fair trade in value for a loaded 07 GX47 with 60K mile on it? Is the dealer try to screw me?
    How much is the MSRP? Are you in Dallas?

So far the Lexus dealers in Houston are still firm on the price, about $4000 off the MSRP.

Thanks.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2010
    Are you sure? Bought one 3 months ago at Sterling McCall for 42.5K at MSRP 47.7K; all options are factory with absolutely no dealer optiond added. I believe the same vehicle can be had for 42.0K even. Many folks in Houston were paying 5K to 5.5K off MSRP.... Good luck.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    No, I don't believe it was a good deal. With a lower end of RX, you should be able to get at least 4K to 5K off MSRP - make sure all factory options with no dealer added options. Realistically, 4.5K off MSRP is easily doable.
  • 2stones2stones Member Posts: 3
    MSRP 47,385. Pd $41,400 + TTL. Fwd, Nav, Comfort, Premium, Parking Asst, upgraded speakers, wood shift know, cargo mat, etc. Park Place Plano and Sewell Dallas. Shopped all over Texas and didn't get Houston to budge as much. Sewell and Park Place show a lot of inventory online.
  • jsungjsung Member Posts: 3
    Dear friends,

I live in Socal, dealer offered 47500k OTD for 2010 RX350 AWD with package b. The MSRP is 49000. Is it a good deal? How much is the tax and fee I'm looking for? I only ask OTD price so I don't know the before tax price. Your help is much apperiated.
    Hi Terry!
    The RX350 that I purchased had 14k miles on it and it was a service loaner vehicle. Lexus dealers in the US usually will not sell a new vehicle to Canadians. You can always buy a low mileage demo or used vehicle and then import to Canada. Just make sure that you get a Canadian built vehicle. The VIN # on Japanese built models start with a J, whereas Canadian built models start with a 2t in the VIN. You must have a sales invoice, title document, and a recall letter from the Lexus head office. I got a recall letter from the dealer, stating the vin # etc, signed by the sales manager and the dummies at RIV would not accept it. So I called Lexus of California and they got me a letter out the next day stating the same damned thing and it was accepted. RIV sure knows how to piss off the Canadian public. After getting all the documents I went through the border ok.
    You will have to get the daytime running lights wired up with a relay so that they cannot be turned off. These lights must be on when the engine is running. Then you will pass the Canadian Tire federal inspection.
    Hope you find a vehicle you like. The 2010 models will be selling for a better price now that the 2011 models are out.
    Cheers
    JB
    Hi!
    Looking at clearance pricing on 2010 RX 350's you should be able to get at least 5000. to 6000.$ below the MSRP. They have lots of room to move from list, so I'd make them an offer of $43,000. and walk away if they don't at least counter your offer. The market is slow for new vehicle sales and the dealers are hungry. Taxes would be extra of course. Check with the dealer for that figure.
    Good luck. Do you intend to lease or pay cash? That may make a difference on your final price?
    Cheers,
    JB
    Hi JB,

Thank you for replying so quickly for my question. I believe the befor tax price is 42800, about 6000 off the MSRP. My ask price is 42000 and I was told its too much to lose for them, plus there is no special incentive on this car. How do you think? Good price or no?

PS. I'll pay cash for the car.

Thanks a bunch
  • rachelwurachelwu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Which dealer did you go and what price did you get? I am also interested in RX 350. Thanks for sharing.
  • rx_350_shopperrx_350_shopper Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an RX350 - very similar to the one you are looking at. MSRP $44,160 for $36,999 in South Florida
  • drknowdrknow Member Posts: 1
    jwong1
    I would also appreciate if you could forward me the contact info of the sales rep at Lexus of Rockville (MD) who helped you to get your deal on the RX350 AWD + Navi for $40k + fees.
    Thanks!
    Hi isung!
    Have you checked with any other dealers? If you can't find any similar vehicles for less I would offer them $42400. and write out a cheque for that amount and see if they take it, Tell them that is your final offer and insist that include the documentation fee if there is one, as they will try to stick you with a doc. fee which can sometimes be $150.00 to $400.00. They won't let you walk for $400.00.
    Good luck. You will love the vehicle.
    JB
    Hi JB,

I end up bought the FWD version with Navi + comfort + perm for 41500. I think it's a decent deal. I also noticed that they don't have much 2010 model in stock, for people who want to take advantage on 2010 model should act fast at this point. Dealership is longo Lexus, largest Lexus dealer in west. Thanks again for the suggestion.
    J
  • srdvsrdv Member Posts: 5
    Anyone with FWD with Navigation but without Comfort Package?
  • yogartyogart Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

We just bought a 2010 AWD RX with Prem, nav, comfort with msrp of 49317 for 42500 + TTL. I think I could have done a little better but they ended up giving me 4k more for my GS trade than CarMax offered so it was a fair trade off I thought.
  • joycele83joycele83 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing a 2010 RX350 w/the luxury pkg navigation and mark levinson system. The sticker price for that car is a more than $51,000. When the dealer add tax and license the car came out to be a little more than $57,000. So they offer it to me for a little more than $50,000 out the door including taxes and everything. Is this a reasonable price? If not can someone please tell me what's a reasonable out the door price for this particular vehicle? Thanks for all the help
  • houston2011houston2011 Member Posts: 1
    We went to the Northside Dealdership and we were offered 43,900 on a 2010 RX350 with prem package + comfort package+19 inch wheel + navi + wood trim + fwd. The MSRP for the car is 47,900. This dealder puts invisi shield, hand painted stripes and tinted windows on all their cars automatically so our car is coming with that (our sales told us we are paying about $500 for it). The current incentive is 1.9% finance for 36 months, free maintenance for up to 25k, bumper to bumper for up to 60k and power train up to 100k.
    Is everyone getting the same bumper to bumper warranty and powertrain coverage?
    They didn't tell us anything about the lexus GC for 1k though. They told us the free maintenance for up to 25k is the extra benefit we get from them (Dealership specific bonus).
    We have a POS trade in and they are willing to give us 1,500 for it which brings the price down to 42,400. Originally they wouldn't budge anymore but we brought up the posts we saw on this website, and now they are offering us 41,400.
    However, that's with our trade in value...I think we should be able to get it lower from the posts I see from everyone else?
    I should be able to get 42,400 before the trade in and TTL?
    please help!
  • denver5524denver5524 Member Posts: 1
    I have narrowed my search down to a 2010 used or new Lexus RX 350 in Colorado. Does anyone know a dealer which will deal with me? What are the best prices in Colorado? Where can I get the best deal?
    Impressive price! The Lexus dealers in Houston are still firm on the price.
    Are you at Dallas? If you are in other city, how did you manage to pick up the car?

Did you get the $1000 coupon in the purchase?

Thanks.
  • brachabracha Member Posts: 1
    Where in South Florida did you find this price? I'm in South Florida looking for the same.
  • virchowvirchow Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a new 2010 RX 350 AWD with Nav, Premium, Comfort package. I see that it comes as a 7 option package( at least that is what I being told by the dealers: PM, CO, NV, TO, EK, Z1, WU). I see that sometimes there are more options added which I may not want( example crossbars etc.,). I am being quoted 42.5. I live in the tri-state area. I see Adam and the others are very active on this forum. I think this is wonderful forum for buyers. And did any one get the car below the invoice price? And if so, for how much? Is there a dealer hold back and are there any incentives? Appreciate any suggestions and input.

Thanks
  • gvolvogvolvo Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone shed light on lexus rates for this vehicle? I am looking for 60 months or more.
  • angkorakangkorak Member Posts: 2
    just got my rx350 2011 today msrp 47,425 for 42,500+1000 for the grom wheel+tax+fees from Keye dealer in Van Nuys, California. i hope you guy can get a better price than this. i also hope that this information is helpful.
  • hfnaanayhfnaanay Member Posts: 2
    please please tell me where you got that price and at what dealership
  • hfnaanayhfnaanay Member Posts: 2
    Please tell me the name of your dealer thanks
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    Dealer wouldn't budge on a 2010 RX 350. But, he called me and offered me a deal on a 2011 RX 350- last day of the month special. I got the RX 350 MSRP $47,700
    for Invoice plus $300 (no extra doc or dealer fee).

So, remaining 2010 inventory should be purchased for at least $1,000 under invoice or just get a 2011 like me for a few dollars more.