Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jackiethomasjackiethomas Member Posts: 1
    Is the $43K you paid out the door or is it excluding taxes and fees?
  • totowatotowa Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I am also looking for 2010 AWD w/o navi.
    I assume you car has more than premium pkg, right? Could you elaborate more please?
    Could you tell me which dealer you had used?
    Most Lexus dealers in NJ I've dealt were very cocky.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    James
  • gferguson3gferguson3 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a great deal! $42,925 plus tax and license and another $1,000 for cash incentive. I only drove it home and it's awesome!!!! Love the luxury - going to love the Navigation and the other bells and whistles. Has premium package, comfort package, navigation, 19" wheels....wow...can't wait to wake up and drive it tomorrow.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    edited December 2010
    The inventory in Boston area is building up. If you don't mind driving, you could get a good deal at Herb Chamber.
    Nobody wants to buy a Lexus anymore. Overpirce & under quality.
    Their quality & design suck.
    I own a GS which has too many recalls. They can't even fix the brake squealing noise.
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2010
    Looking for the 2008 RX350 w/ navi in the tri-state NY-NJ area. Found one that I thought with a good starting price posted on the dealer's website. I thought that it was a good starting price to negotiate. However, by the time I got to the dealer, they wanted $1800 more than the price that they posted with the lame excuses that those prices were subjected to change to include the internet advertising and another fee. WTF..... I asked them what's the lowest price that they could give me, that's when the sales guy brought the "big gun" out (the manager) and after much talk abt nothing... they told me that they could settle on the initial price that they posted on the internet. They told me that if I would have walked in to their dealership, their price would have been $5k more than the internet price.

AM I BEING HAD? I feel like I am, but I'd prefer to think that I'm not.... (female in my early 30s, walking into the dealership by myself) My coworker got the similar vehicle (the same color, same option) from this dealership with 10k miles more than the one that I want for about $25k. 2008 RX350 AWD w/ Navi. So I'm hoping for around the ballpark...
    btw, this is the lexus dealership around the North NJ area. I was so pissed, I walked out and told them that if it weren't this RX350 there would be another one given that this is such a popular car. It's just a basic supply and demand... and for now, the supply for used car seems to exceed the demands. Nobody will buy a used RX350 if the new 2011 or 2010 is being given away, am I right?

The ones that I'm looking at is the 2008 w/ Navi. Carfax doesn't show any records on the car passed the time when the car was delivered to the buyer. I've been asking for the service records and they've been holding back.... :mad: Does anybody know why carfax doesn't show anything?

Any advises will be appreciated. If you guys can give me the "going rate" for the 2008 RX350 AWD w/ Navi. Does color drive prices up/down too?

TIA :)
  • briank84briank84 Member Posts: 7
    What options are on the car, you say with Navigation, but there are so many other options which really changes the cost of the car. How much more was he quoting you than your coworker, 10k miles is a lot. Lexus retains it's value very well still.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    are you saying you have paid $41925 with cash or $42925 plus tax, pls clarify

thx
    Hi, thanks for replying to my post. Their internet quote vs my coworker's price is about 6k more (at $31k), but their "dealer price for walkins" is about 10k more ($36k). The car that I'm eying on the lot has 10k mileage less than the one that my coworker bought (15k vs 25k). I asked them to give me the options on the car (premium or premium plus or etc...) and the only answer that I got back from the sales rep was that "the car is fully loaded with the nav, there is no more options that could have been added". I know it was a total BS answer and continued to ask for service records, pre-certification check list, etc.

There are 3 competing dealerships in the area: Prestige Lexus, Tri-county Lexus, Lexus of Englewood. I walked in 2 dealerships out of 3 by myself. One of them had the audacity to tell me "politely" to come back with my husband. I wish I could slap them silly right there and then....

What bothers me most is that carfax doesn't show any records beyond the 25th mile (which is probably the time when the car was sold) and asking for a service record is like pulling teeth with them. If the car has been into accidents, there is no way for me to find out about it then?

Thanks again for your help.
    Totowa/James, I meant to post a separate message and reply to you but I think in the process, I've gotten all mixed up.
    Which dealers that you went to? Given by your nickname, it sounds like you live in the Totowa area which means that the first dealer that you went was probably Tri-county Lexus. I went there and the Prestige Lexus. I didn't go to Lexus of Englewood but went to Warnock Lexus (by Parsippany area). It seems that Warnock had the best prices for brand new lexus. And their sales people are more motivated than Prestige and Tri-county. Last I checked (few weeks back), their leftovers were 2010 w/o Navi.
    I have since changed my mind and decided to buy a used one....
  • jerryandmindyjerryandmindy Member Posts: 1
    We just signed a lease Sat on a 2011 RX350 with:

* Navigation System
    * Comfort Package
    * Premium Package
    * 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels w/All Season Tires
    * 12-Speaker Premium Audio System
    * Intuitive Parking Assist
    * Towing Prep Package
    * Wood and Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
    * Cross Bars
    * Accessory Package

MSRP $48,004
    Selling Price $43,289 (a bit above invoice; however a little below our calculated Edmunds $44,849 TMV)
    36mth/12k miles yr lease
    Lease fees $700 (I knew it would be there so negotiated it out with lower selling price)
    59% Res, .0017 M/F
    $0.00 out the door
    Monthly Payment (with FL 7% tx) $597.19 ($13.10 more than our 2008 RX350 lease that was turned in with only 25k miles on it) .

Not the best deal I've ever done; however we wanted a white RX350, and they were moving them fast.

The dealers Finance Director showed me Lexus Dec Lease rates when I said to everyone that I've read DTR (Dec 2 remember) rate of .00155 was being quoted on the web. I guess the .00155 M/F was a special in some areas.
  • dlcole76054dlcole76054 Member Posts: 21
    Thats about the $5k off MSRP that several have reported. Lexus is pretty consistent, aren't they? I got a 3.9% for 60months through Lexus Finance. Strange that certified pre-owned vehicles are going to 2.9% now...
  • draghunadraghuna Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Make sure if you run through the other private banks loan section as well. Lexus does a APR match in case any other banks offer you a competitive APR quote. When I purchases mine 2 months back, I was offered no less than 4.35% and when Bank of America offered 2.9% based on my credit history, Lexus Financial matched it and offered a 2.89% for 60 months. Not sure if this is any different between Lease Vs Buying.

Check out BOA website before negotiating with Lexus.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2010
    for Lexus, BMW, Audi or Mercedes Benz, call any dealer franchise, preferable local dealer and ask them about Vehicle Service History apart from car fax. Based on the state, car fax will disclose some info but not all. However Vehicle service history should be able to tell more. I will not buy a luxury used vehicle with out service history and sale people have furnished that report when asked if sold by corresponding dealerships. If there is accident and has a police report, you get that from the station and then could get more info from corresponding insurance or a dealer who fixed it.However problem with lexus is that since the services are not covered, leased vehicles may be serviced outside the dealer ship. Good hunch and good luck should get good vehicles. Also most of them are under warranty anyway. My first choice is that will buy a vehicle that was bought and leased and sold at the same dealership.
  • briank84briank84 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    I just bought a 2011 RX350 AWD for $39,200 + doc fee + TTL. The MSRP was $44,450, the odd thing is the guy didn't want to go lower on a car with a different option like Navigation, he wanted to add all extras on at MSRP. I could have probably found another dealership, but I didn't think Navigation was a big deal anyway.

They also matched my bank's financing rate.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    the odd thing is the guy didn't want to go lower on a car with a different option like Navigation, he wanted to add all extras on at MSRP

it is not odd at all.. Car price are driven by supply and demand.. In some area a particular option may be very popular (e.g. AWD in NE) and dealer can charge a much higher price that the car without the same option.. Hence the price difference...
    edited December 2010
    We decided to go with the BMW instead. The Lexus salesperson came back to us after stalling us for 3 days with "Sorry, the car has been sold. Perhaps I may interest you with another car?" AS IF!!! I laughed so hard because this was expected. They didn't want to show the car service record from the get go although like you said, it's just a matter of calling the service department and providing the VIN.
    The only Lexus dealership in North Jersey that has been descent to us (compares to the others in the area) is Warnock Lexus in Parsippany/Whippany area. Straight to the point, no haggling type of BS. Avoid Prestige Lexus unless you can speak directly to the Sales Manager who was more descent than those reporting to him, and certainly avoid Tricounty Lexus at all cost. Aside from the fact of their jerking around, a friend of mine purchased 2 CPOs from tricounty lexus and it was a nightmare. The sales people put down that they would fix all the dents/scratches on the car upon delivery in the purchase contract. When my friend picked up the car, not only it wasn't preped .... The sales manager screamed the heck out of the sales person in front of my friend to the point that it was embarassing for all parties to be around. Why would an employer put their employees' dignity at a cross line in public, especially during a professional business transaction is certainly beyond me. This just goes to show the type of PROFESSIONALISM that this dealership shows.
    I hope that I've saved whomever reading this post some time and set his/her expectation over these North NJ Lexus dealerships.
  • bujatokibujatoki Member Posts: 5
    Just got a killer deal on 2011 RX350 in the Bay Area. Coliseum Lexus. Ask for Internet Manager / Fleet Manager (initials J.S.). Tell him Eric sent you and he will take care of you.
    Just got a killer deal on 2011 RX350 in the Bay Area. Coliseum Lexus

If you want us to call Eric, at least give us a sense of what the deal looks like? It almost sound like a mid-night TV commercial.. buy, buy, buy.. but no discussion of buying what?
    2011 RX350 4x2 with premium, comfort and navi. MSRP $47,500. Paid about $41,000 before tax and fees. I am Eric, ask for Internet/Fleet Manager with initials J.S.
  • jbillottijbillotti Member Posts: 1
    My name is Joe Billotti and I am the General Manager of Prestige Lexus. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Whether someone deals with a sales manager or a sales consultant, we'd like the experience to be consistent; polite, professional, informative and low-pressure. I regret that that was not the case for you, but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless.
  • keepsmilinkeepsmilin Member Posts: 1
    I hope I wasn't fed some BS. I just went to a dealership in the northshore area of Chicago and was told the 2011 Lexus RX350 Base model comes with the Comfort, Premium and Tow Package. If memory serves me, the MSRP was $44,495 (or $44,xxx). Is this accurate? They also mentioned they've never heard of the "Sport Package" on the RX350 when it clearly states in the manual if this is available. Is this true?
  • newcarbuyer10newcarbuyer10 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    The base model I have seen at most dealers includes the premium package and is at $41xxx. So, the dealers talk about base model including comfort package is BS.

You might want to check at edmunds and KBB (Kelleys blue book) websites on dealers inventory to check if they have the type of vehicle they want.
    One thing I found very frustating when buying Lexus in that there is no convenient way to find dealer inventory. However edmunds and KBB can help some. Try taking to multipl dealers, and do no go by information from just one dealer.

The dealer I brought my Lexus from was JM lexus in Florida. They claim to be the largest Lexus dealer in world and they do have a huge selection. They also have separate website that lists their inventory ... http://www.jmnewcars.com/
    I had a very positive experience with this dealer and even if you are out side Florida you could check their website to see want type of vehicles are available and hopefull find the vehicle u like at a dealership near you.

All the best.
    2011 RX350 4x2 with premium, comfort and navi. MSRP $47,500. Paid about $41,000 before tax and fees.

Thanks for the head up.. I will try Coliseum...
  • openedopened Member Posts: 10
    This is reply to "2010 RX350 AWD with premium package (MSRP $44090). The best I can do was $37.3K" What dealershop in NJ did you go? Thanks
  • coatie1coatie1 Member Posts: 6
    I recall that there is a sports package available but it might be that there inventory is so low that they dont have one equipped that way I bought my 2011 rx listed for about 48600 and 3800 off list from the salesperson,who I liked< at Lexus of Highland Park couldnt stand the guys at one of the other dealerships Just beware of the bus Mgr bs;ing you about addtl plans to but Send mean email at ejg123456v@aol.com and I'll gibe you his name and more info
  • seaside3seaside3 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Mr. Billoti, while Prestige has a great inventory, your sales managers treat prospective customers with arrogance and with the attitude that Prestige is the only game in town. Thanks to forums like this, we are able to compare prices in different regions. My dealings with your sales manager were insulting and I got my car from a dealer that appreciated my business.
    mar1an1, Thank you for the reply. I will try Warnock as per your suggestion. When I was in shop for IS250 2 years ago, I didn't think Tri-County was helpful at all. Thanks.
    Does anybody know if Lexus Financial Service offer special purchase Finance rate with this promotion? Also, is there any special incentive like Lexus Owner Loyalty or Incentive to Dealer amount that dealer might want to pass it on?

I need to shop a car this week, and I don't have much time.
    Thank you for your help.
  • maresidentmaresident Member Posts: 4
    i live in ohio, I had the same deal from Ohio dealers, but ,Yesterday I got the this 2011 Lexus RX 350 from the Boston , stcker price 44825 - Buying price includng lexus cash back for $37,250 wo taxes and registration.
  • pdswaypdsway Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2010
    Purchased 2011 RX 350, AWD, NAV (etc)
    MSRP ~ $48k
    Paid $43,450 (plus Virginia ttl)
    Minus $1,000 (Lexus Loyalty Rebate)
    Out the door under $44k

To get the Loyalty Rebate:
    - Own a Lexus
    - Purchase new 2011 Lexus before Jan. 3, 2011
    - Finance with Lexus (they will match other finance deals)

Good deal but pretty sure you can do better this week.
    Go get em!
  • saki1saki1 Member Posts: 11
    what dealership you bought it from? how much was shipping? what options do you have on the car? and the total price was then $38250 without the cash back? what was the cash back deal?
    I am considering buying ,Hope to get it by yearend as time is running out.
    I got it from Herb chambers of Lexus, Sharon, MA, They were not really pushy and it was a really positive experience ..

1000 Cash back deal is :
    1. You need to be a current lexus owner
    2. Need to finance thru lexus.
    3. it expires this friday Dec 31st.
    Here are the features..

2011 Rx 350 AWD, Premium package , Back up camera, heated ventillated seat , Towing prep package, wood and leather trim , Remote start , cargo mat and wheel locks..
  • sallen31sallen31 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Help everyone I'm a single female buying a car & need help knowing if this is a good offer. 2011 RX FWD, Premium Package (the middle package) with Navigation for $40,500. I went through the Costco buying program & the invoice price is $41,557, so its $1,000 below invoice. Should I take it?
  • muimuimuimui Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase an 2011 RX 350, AWD, comfort pkg + Premium pkg + Navigation. Does anyone have or know of any good deal in the san francisco bay area? Thanks a lot!!
    Try Coliseum Lexus in Oakland. Ask for the Internet Manager.
    Thanks for quick reply. Did you pay to transport to ohio, and how much did it cost ?
  • ferrari007ferrari007 Member Posts: 14
    Dear Friends,

I am looking for the below Package. I really appreciate if you could advise me good dealership in Long Island or NY where I can get competitive deal.

1. RX 350 2011 - AWD
    2. Premium Package
    3. Towing Package
    4. Back up camera
    5. Heated Ventilated Seats
    6. Wood & Leather Trim
    7. Remote Start
    8. Cargo Mat
    9. Wheel Locks

As well, could you please let me know how low we ask below the invoice price?.

Thanks for your time & help.
  • jackandjack73jackandjack73 Member Posts: 4
    We bought the same car in CA but with 2WD. MSRP was about 48K. We paid about 42.5K before TTL. It was about 1.5K under invoice. Hope this helps.
  • pdswaypdsway Member Posts: 14
    I think $1000 below invoice is a good deal. Some have gotten $2000 under invoice but they were 2010 models. I think it also depends on your region. In any case there's no way its a "bad" deal.

Your car sounds the same as mine except ours is AWD and we paid $42.4 (essentially).
    Thanks so much for your inputs, I will try to negotiate the deal between $1,000 to $2,000.

I appreciate it.
    Maresident/ I am also in shopping for RX350 before year ends, and your recent purchase price was very tempting for me to drive there.
    Did you get that price through Edmunds? Would you share your contact points we can get similar deals? My biggest question is did you get your vehicle delivered? How much?

Thanks in advance.
    Could you please let me know the contact person over there in Herb of Chamber's?. I am also looking with the same exact options.

I spoke to a Sales person, she says they can give better deal if we are there in person to the store.

Thanks!.
    please tell me how you transported the car. I contacted Sharon dealer. for $44825 car 38546. they need bank wire since end of month is tomorrow.
    Any info will be appreciated about the transport. Thanks.
    pleas reply imme if possible
    Saki1, I spoke to Herb of Chamber's, Sharon, MA today, they gave me 38,173 with three day price guarantee till saturday evening.

She insisted me that they can do better pricing if we walk into the store.

I don't know how far is this true?.
    If I was near MA, I would go to the dealership. A dealer said it's impossible to sell a car at that price because invoice itself is $40,521. I don't know what to say. I have never done long dist buying. any help ?
    I also contacted Herb Chambers Lexus, MA, and asked for price that Maresident purchased. The lady who took my information down, told me she would call back right away after talking with sales team. I haven't heard from her since then. It looks like the deal is dead. If anybody success with same deal, please let me know. Thanks
  • muimuimuimui Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I just tested drive a 2011 RX350 AWD today. Found out the VIN number starts with a "2", which means it is made in Canada. Anyone has any comment between the Canadian made and Japanese made RX350? I'm in SF Bay Area, do the dealers here not import RX from Japan anymore?

Thanks.
    Please reply to our posts. Thanks.
    edited December 2010
    Saki1, I spoke to Sharon dealer once again today, the person who gave me the offer yesterday was not there.

The revised offer they gave me today was $38,790 for MSRP $44,825.

For transport I checked in a Transportation company for Sharon, MA to NY it costs $350 for open Truck and $650 for closed container.