Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yhe49yhe49 Posts: 1
    I am in Albany NY. About 3 hours to Boston. Can you let me know the place name you buy the 2011 RX350.
    Thanks.
  • I am currently in the market for a used 2010 RX350, can you please tell mewhat you ended up paying for your RX350? I just want to know what is reasonable to pay.
    thanks!
  • cubescubescubescubes Posts: 10
    2010 or 2011 model? If it is the latter, my experience has been that currently the dealers are charging about $1000 above invoice and are not particularly interested in coming down in price by much. The most common excuse is shortage of inventory. I have decided to wait it out until inventory reaches more normal levels (perhaps until sept) and dealers may be more flexible. Given what has gone on in the past as posted by many on this board, patience might get us an RX below invoice...
  • I have been trying to find a 2010 RX350 and having a hard time getting them to come down much more than $38,000.
  • jsun2jsun2 Posts: 1
    Hi shoppingarnd, Could you share with me the dealership name? I am in Chicago too and looking to purchase the same model very soon. Thanks.
  • Thanks to everyone who has posted to these boards. These posts here and on other boards gave me some more ammo and confidence during negotiations. My turn to give back.

In So Cal, 2011 RX 350 FWD, No Navi, w/ Premium Pkg (Perforated heated & cooled leather seats, b/u camera, power lift gate, etc.) MSRP 43232, Invoice 39637. (Cars Direct Price 40994)

Had been shooting for $500-1000 under invoice or 13% under MSRP. Didn't get it. Settled for ~11.7% under MSRP or $489.95 under invoice (or $1489.95 under invoice if you include the $1000 Lexus Loyalty cash) BTW, walked away from 2 deals (500 above invoice and 200 below invoice) before I got to this one (came close here too).

Working Backwards, OTD price (42600) - tax, license and fees = Price of car (38147)

Can't help but feel that I could have gotten almost $800 below invoice (or better) + the $1000 Lexus Loyalty. Buyers remorse, right? Can't complain much though, the RX is nice and the family loves it.

Good luck, never pay retail...
  • mrd4mrd4 Posts: 27
    congratulation. I got some $600 under invoice offer recently, but ends up didn't take it. First, the best offer end of 2010 is $2000 under invoice (old price); second, the lexus RX MSRP increased twice this year, which adds up about $1100 on top of old price; third, the finacing rate is not competive with 2.9%. So I figured out I need pay $2500 more than the best offer end of 2010 to buy a same vehicle, I gave up.

Alternative, I found an offer with MDX, which offers similar price compared to end of 2010 and get it, I'm also happy with 0.9% financing.
  • wasabi4wasabi4 Posts: 2
    Familymanx2,

Can you disclose the dealership? I'm in socal and also looking to get a good deal on the rx. From Van Nuys to San Diego, no one seems to want to deal as much as the dealer you went through.

thanks in advance.
  • cubescubescubescubes Posts: 10
    familymanx2: Congrats! I think you did well! At least much better that what I could. The best anybody did here in Nor Cal was about 400 above invoice and I gave up. Inventory shortage is the excuse. I am thinking of waiting for at least 2 months before I try again. Perhaps I will have better luck.

Congrats again on your new car. Enjoy it!
    Cheers
  • Contact me at pubx100@yahoo.com.
    It's easy to get $500 under invoice deal. Check Lexus Escondido. I got such deal last month, but I didn't jump.
  • Cerritos, went in on a lark, had shopped 2 other dealers and was going to buy at Glendale because they were going to do better than the 200 under invoice that Longo offered. If I were to do it again, I'd give Keys in Van Nuys a try, they seem to have a large inventory. Go in with the idea that $500 under invoice is good $1000 under invoice is excellent. The loyalty bonus should (IMO) be on top of that even. In the end, I think it's all timing, it's the end of the month, this should be a good time to buy. Be Ambivalent and willing to walk away if the deal turns south. Good Luck... never pay retail. :)
  • wasabi4wasabi4 Posts: 2
    I am truly surprised to hear that you scored at Cerritos. I have been yanked around by them for the past month and a half. They were totally disappointing.

Granted, I was looking for an almost loaded AWD.

So luckily, I pulled the trigger today and bought the car. Went to Longo and they bit on 600 below invoice. I got my first color choice too! I guess the last day of the month helps. I literally queried dealers from Oxnard down to San Diego. No one came close to Longo. No wonder they sell so many cars there.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • dmkampdmkamp Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2011 Rx 330 with nav, premium pkg, cross bars in S. orange co, Ca for $41,500 minus 1,000 Lexus loyalty cash ($40,500) Tax was $3636 and lic and fees were $571, and a $55 doc fee for the dealer. 2.9 % financing.
    I was torn between nav and no nav...the best quote I received for no nav was $39,711 minus $1,000 loyalty discount ($38711) pushed a little harder they came down to $39,400 on certain inventory (silver with light gray) for what would have been ($38400 plus ttl) the $2100 extra in nav was worth it to me because of my job, but with less expensive nav options (phone apps) out there, the basic package is pretty well equipped.
    I recommend going to each dealer web site and getting individual quotes emailed to you. It saves a ton of time and you can see quickly who is ready to deal, and who has no inventory. Made the
    entire process very simple.
    Right now the Lexus pricing is ~ $1500 higher than pre-tsnuami. 2011 RX350 w/ nav used to be just below $40000. So the lexus dealer tries to make advantage of tsunami while Acura still offers pre-tsnuami pricing.
  • dcmacheaddcmachead Posts: 13
    I got pricing of ~$500 over invoice+taxes & tags. The only dealership I've set foot in (just to check out the car and test it) is Lindsey Lexus in Alexandria. I've used online buying services to get offers shown to me. The PITA part of dealing with the online buying services is the salesman call you. I much preferred buying a Honda Accord several years back with the online buying services because the dealers sent an e-mail with hard numbers so I didn't have to play patty cake on price with them. Online buying services are still simpler than driving around to dealers and dealing with salesmen in the lion's den ;)

Good luck to you! I'm hopefully picking up a new RX 350 next week :)
    why not try Acura now unless you want to stick with Lexus?
  • kalyan1kalyan1 Posts: 6
    What price did he quote?
  • dcmacheaddcmachead Posts: 13
    I went to an Acura dealer many years ago and the salesman hounded me to the point I was creeped out. He called 5 times in one day after I poked my head I to the dealer to take a peek at an MDX. That experience soured me on the brand.

I picked up my RX 350 with package C (Nav, Comfort, Premium, Tow Prep, etc). The dealer I went to lowballed me on my trade. I showed him pricing that I'd gathered on my trade and the salesman agreed it was a lowball offer. He guaranteed me a slightly higher price on my trade with 5 days to shop. I ended up getting $4,000 more on the trade going to CarMax.

Thank you to those who contribute to this forum. I got a great deal on a great car.
  • kalyan1kalyan1 Posts: 6
    I got my RX during July 4th weekend @1500 below invoice!! in NoVA