Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dcmacheaddcmachead Member Posts: 13
    Good for you! That's better than I did (invoice)! They lowballed me on my trade in, but I ended up ditching my old car at CarMax for $2,000 over KBB/Edmunds value & $4,000 over the price Pohanka quoted me. The salesman at Pokanka put a "shop" clause on my sales agreement that guaranteed me a price and enabled me to find a better price.

Which dealership did you go to? I ended up getting the ding protection on the car for 5 years for $700 figuring that would pay for itself when I get a new car.
  • kalyan1kalyan1 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you. I was planning for a trade-in but figured out the dealers are not true and they try to add more numbers and confuse us and there are too many variables from the agreement. It was Pohanka. The sales guy that I got was pretty professional enough. I started at 42300 and then we agreed on 423600 (invoice was ~45100 not include fees, taxes and title) Now I've to see my current car soon.
  • uvawahoouvawahoo Member Posts: 23
    Congrats on the new RX! Would you mind giving some details of what packages are included with your RX as well as which dealership in NOVA you went to? Is is the Pohanka in Chantilly?

Thanks!
  • rbokuschicagorbokuschicago Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the chicagoland area and looking to buy a 2011 RX 350 with the premium and navigation packages. The dealers here don't put their inventory, let alone prices on their websites. Anyone have any recent experience with pricing? I've seen some posts here talk about buying under invoice. What's a reasonable discount to MSRP to ask a dealer for? Anyone have a dealer they would recommend? thanks!"
  • mcsoonermcsooner Member Posts: 1
    I've been trying to buy and RX350 no nav with premium package. In March I received an offer for 40,664, due to a family illness, I just didn't have time to decide. Now I've been trying for a few weeks and the best I can get is 41500 on the same vehicle (MSRP 44,659). I've gotten quotes form Tulsa, OKC and some Dallas dealers. So far Eskridge has been the most upfront and honest, but it's hard for me to pay 1k more than I would have a few months ago. Thinking I should wait and try in September. I also want a headrest DVD's put in but they won't budge of the 2495 price..... Pretty stumped thinking I might look at the Acura or Lincoln MKX, not really enjoying trying to deal with the Lexus dealers. Any help or insight would be appreciated :confuse:
    Here is the Config

Premium
    Nav
    Comfort
    Acc. Pref. Package
    Parking assist
    wood trim

PS: There has been a $700 increase in invoice price by Toyota on RX
  • socallexsocallex Member Posts: 1
    I recently got mine at Tustin Lexus with FWD + premium package with color of my choice - out the door for less than 42,000. Good luck.
  • mrd4mrd4 Member Posts: 27
    What's the price including destination but before TTL ?
  • pureluck2pureluck2 Member Posts: 6
    Looks like a good deal. Does it include the tax?
  • coug1980coug1980 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have buying experience in Seattle or the NW? I am looking for RX with premium, comfort, mark levinson, wood steering; don't really need nav. Where can i get this below invoice? I am willing to travel anywhere on west coast.

I would buy used, but newer ones seem to cost as much as new.

Shouldn't 2012 be coming out soon? That should lower prices for 2011.

Thanks,

Coug1980
  • msheikh25msheikh25 Member Posts: 15
    Congrats on the new rx first of all! I saw the specs but you didnt mention if its fwd or awd? If that's an awd, I'd love to get the dealers contact info from u and maybe go through a referral program if they have one so u maybe able to benefit in someway too? I'm looking for the same exact config and the Chantilly pohanka dealer is closest to me. I haven't done a lot of research yet , but so far from here, it sounds like u got a great deal.
  • tc9897tc9897 Member Posts: 6
    I am currently considering a lease offer for a RX350 FWD with premium package (no navigation, MSRP $43,471). The sale price will be $39,000 with zero down. The monthly lease payment would be around $478 before taxes. The usual MF and RV apply.

The "TMV" indicated on Edmunds.com is $39,579 but since this is not exactly the invoice price, I wonder whether there is any more room for negotiation. Thus, the question:

Should I sit tight and expect more (especially given that this is end of July and the low sales record at the corporate level at Lexus), or is this reasonable enough that I should just move forward? I would appreciate advices from those with experience and expertise. Thanks in advance.
  • sprucebluespruceblue Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Hi, does anyone have buying experience in Philadelphia - Wilmington DE area?

A dealer gave me invoice/MSRP prices for the following model:
    RX 350 AWD
    Premium package
    heated and ventilated front seats
    intuitive parking assist
    backup camera
    wood & leather steering wheel & shift
    accessory package
    invoice: $42100
    MSRP: $45812
    (destination included)

What should be my target price?

The invoice is about $700 more than Edmonds. Is this because of the mid year invoice increase? Would it be reasonable to try to negotiate on the basis of the invoice price before the increase ($41400)?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Spruce
  • rx250fanrx250fan Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase an AWD, Premium, Comfort, Nav & DVD. Our local dealer is definitely not flexible on price and I'm willing to drive to any of our surrounding states (from Ohio). Does anyone have a reference for me that would be a contact willing to sell one of these at or below Invoice?
  • ews10206ews10206 Member Posts: 2
    Just signed to purchase an RX 350 AWD. Tried to do some on-line research and went to the the local dealer in MD. Total MSRP: $40,475 (after $700 increase) + $4,721 options (included a back-up camera; heated/ventilated seats; intuitive park assist; premium pkg; wood & leather trim wheel/knob; cargo mat; crossbars. Some of this I could have passed on but.... Lots of back and forth - these guys do know how to play all the angles. The best I could get was $42,366 - $1,000 owner loyalty = $41,366 + tax. They did match carmax on a trade in (so I saved alot on tax) but still thinking that I maybe could have done better. Any thoughts?
    Sounds like you got a pretty fair deal. Im in the DMV area also and just started researching the RX350. From reading the recent posts here, it seems like kalyan1 got the closest deal a few weeks back. His included Nav (although Im not sure if his is AWD but would assume so) and was about 2k more at 43,600. So yours without nav for 2k less seems to be the same deal. Which dealer did you go with in MD? Would you recommend them?
  • ews10206ews10206 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Makes me feel much better. The dealership was Lexus of Rockville. Honestly, I did not like the way they handled the trade-in - low balling me at $18,000. They seemed genuinely shocked that CarMax offered $25,000. It took me a while to get them up - they attempted to use my interest savings ($1,500) on the offset for the trade as if they were giving me something. Truth is, they probably were (since I would have paid 6% on the full price). Eventually got them to $24K (with $1,440.00 saved in interest) so I guess in the end I did better then at CarMax. It's just that had I not been to CarMax FIRST - I never would have known. I will say this - I have purchased other cars at Rockville (usually get my best price elsewhere and then go into the neighborhood dealership and they match it) and what brings me back is their service dept. I also have a Mercedes and these guys do a better job then Euromotors.
  • betty78betty78 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    thinking that you can hold out and get a better price than the amazing discount you are being offered will end up costing you in the long run..... You are forgetting a very important event if you are thinking that Lexus is "losing" sales as the numbers make it appear. I sell Lexus, the reason discounts are getting smaller even though sales numbers are down for the year is because we have NO inventory. Remember the quake and tsunami earlier in the year, while Lexus factories were not damaged, third-parties who supply various parts were.....Now the effects are hitting the US big time as we have very few cars to sell as compared to normal inventory, so if you think you are going to get a bigger discount because Lexus sales are down as compared to previous years, you couldn't be more wrong, and waiting will mean you will be paying MORE for the car. The demand for Lexus is as high as it has ever been, the problem is the supply. Quite frankly I can't believe you managed to get the offer that you did, because we can't give that much off at the dealer I work at...
  • betty78betty78 Member Posts: 2
    No Lexus dealer is going to give you Invoice or below. If you want to buy a car below invoice right now go look at something domestic....they inflate their prices a lot more so that you feel special when they sell you below invoice. I sell Lexus, NO ONE will let these go below invoice right now. We are far too short on inventory to be giving them away. Salespeople still have bills to pay, and dealers have overhead costs, meaning the only way to make a living is ask a fair price for the cars since there are so few of them right now......Do you so quickly forget about the devastation in Japan? We are all just trying to hang in their until production returns and we can sell enough cars to pay our bills again. A fair price for the car is truly $1000-1500 off MSRP right now, their is no incentive to a dealer to offer more off since the cars just don't exist right now even though demand is very high.
    Betty
  • pureluck2pureluck2 Member Posts: 6
    Betty,

You sounds a bit nervous. We knew Toyota's production returned to normal last month and Lexus kept losing market share in the last several monthes. Early this month, they claimed they still want to sell more cars than last year. Their only option to achieve their goal is to give more incentives.
  • scrapmanscrapman Member Posts: 1
    Again, can we really trust a Salesperson??? Of course, they always have excuses to sell cars at a higher price even they can do lower...
    Kind of hard to belive considering some of the very recent purchase prices people have posted here. Around to $1500 off Invoice seems to be the target to shoot for for a fair price.
    edited August 2011
    ews10206, You are right. I've purchased a AWD. I don;t think for Virginia climate Front Wheel Drive is suitable. It is Pohanka Lexus. I'd no loyalty discount because I didn't own/lease Lexus before.

Here is the complete config
    AWD
    Premium
    Nav
    Comfort
    Acc. Pref. Package
    Parking assist
    wood trim
    backup camera
    prem. sound
  • rupirupi Member Posts: 5
    Answer to your question is - NO.

Tsunami/earthquake has been a car dealer's pretext for months now and hold little substance anymore.

Bottomline is, deals are there to be made. Dont accept a dealer's word for anything. Cross-check with other dealers in the region to get the best deal!
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I'm on my second RX FWD and have never found a need for AWD although I previously drove 4WD vehicles for 30 years. Dealers in this area generally only stock the pricier AWD models, but I special ordered both with no regrets. We live in the Buffalo-Niagara region which is no stranger to that white stuff. If you are going to drive off-road or on unplowed roads, that is a different matter. My 2¢.

Pete :)
    "I'm on my second RX FWD and have never found a need for AWD although I previously drove 4WD vehicles for 30 years."

You are right. I've always driven FWD all my life. But these are all cars and lived in Chicago area. So no stranger to slippery weather. Now that I've kids and wife just want to be on cautious side. The difference between FWD and AWD is not that big :) What you said is right that FWD works well too. BTW it gives better mileage than a AWD.
  • appa531appa531 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I have been planning to buy my dream RX 350 for months now and more I research more I am confused when and where to buy. The closest dealerships I have are McGrath Lexus Westmont and Lexus of Naperville. There are other showrooms also but I read awful reviews about them. My requirement is basic + w/few luxury options, 6 DVD changer, leather upholstery, power rear door to name a few. A friend of mine who bought a new Toyota SUV (not a Lexus) recently suggested to negotiate $3-5k off the MSRP on basic model and add the options later. Can I do it with a Lexus?
    I have Tier 1 credit score and I am not going to trade my current Kia Rio and my plan is to wait until the 2012 model released and then rush to the dealership for 2011 model or wait until December to Remember event at the end of the year. Is this a correct strategy to get a lower price? Some other friends and family members are scaring me on Lexus as the maintenance will be too high..
    Can someone please give me a suggestion and if anybody know a reputable Lexus dealer in my area, pls recommend.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    edited August 2011
    I can comment on the service aspect. I generally take my RX350 to a Toyota dealer for routine service. Same parts and level of expertise at about half the price. No gourmet breakfast, free loaner or quick-and-dirty car wash; but I can live with that!
    In this area at least, most dealer stock vehicles are loaded with much more than you may want, but they can certainly order one with the options you wish. You just need to find a competitive dealer who is interested in making the sale, many unfortunately have a very cavalier attitude. I've always been able to negotiate ± $1,000 over invoice price for Lexus special orders.

Pete :)
  • shunteshunte Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in purchasing my first car (Lexus RX 350 of course). I was able to find a "used" 2011 FWD RX350 for the Advertised price of $42,900. It has less than 1,000 miles, so I felt like this was a great opportunity to purchase a new vehicle at a used price. The dealer states that the previous owner paid about $45K, in which he purchased it for his wife, however, she did not like the color. Please provide me with advice on how to negotiate a reasonable deal with this dealer, and what price should I haggle for. I'm contemplating putting down about $25K for this car. Here are the following included optional equipment on this vehicle:

PREMIUM PKG
    BACKUP MONITOR
    WOOD & LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL & SHIFT KNOB
    INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
    HEATED & VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
    TOWING PREP PKG
    19" ALLOY WHEELS
  • ivy14ivy14 Member Posts: 7
    I am considering to buy a Lexus RX350 (AWD-Luxury,Premium package) in the metro detroit area. Can anyone provide the price based on recent purchase to use as a guideline for negotiation. The price quoted currently is MSRP:$45,308 (Lexus of Ann Arbor), hence the request. Also would help if you can forward the dealer name and your overall buying experience.

Thanks.
  • mi0007mi0007 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2011
    Hey Ivy, I am also in the metrodetroit area and was interested int the rx350. I am going to email several dealerships for quotes but i was thinking of waiting until it gets close to the end of the month and i think you can have more negotiating power, but I am shocked that the quoted you MSRP???????????? :mad: Maybe we can work together and try to negotiate a great deal. Can you wait 2 more weeks
    My timeline is 2 weeks out. The special financing rates offered by Lexus financing expire Sept.6 (FYI).Keep me posted what you find out based on your research.
    If 42,900 is their asking price, you should be able to negotiate well below 40k. I always worry about current year or 1 year old used cars as they may have been abused as loaners. With the specs you listed, you should be able to do a new, 0 mile car for that price (actually would think maybe even a little better). I'm looking for an AWD, premium, comfort, nav, park assist and hoping to get around the price you paid, maybe a little higher. Best I've seen so far mentioned for the car I'm looking for is 43,600.
    I feel the same way that you do. I talked to the salesperson, and he states that the best he can do is $42,500 (claims that his manager will not let him go below that price). I think that I will have to regretfully decline the offer, and wait until the end of the month or perhaps there will be Labor Day sales? What do you think?
    I'm im in the Dallas metroplex by the way.
    I think it might be worth the wait. The low financing rates sound like they are good until sept. 6th (although I'm sure there will be another promotion after that). I also just read this article today which mentions another drop in prices of big ticket items coming due to the new financial issues we have (same as in 2008): http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113286/spenders-down-market-h- as-upside-smartmoney?mod=bb-budgeting

Just depends on how long you can wait. I myself will def. wait until the end of this month but maybe even until end of sept since the 2012s will be out then and should be a good time to get a deal on 2011s still on the lot.
    Hey mi0007,
    Any update in getting a reasonable rate negotiated in metro Detroit.
    edited August 2011
    The best quote so far that I have was $43500 (for an suv with a $45300 MSRP) which is from lexus of lansing. I did not receive a quote from lexus of southfield yet but its not looking too good, i cant see my self paying more than a few hundred dollars over invoice especially when so many people are buying at invoice price. I think I am going to wait another month or so until the new model comes out and the supply goes back to normal. If you need to buy immediately you can use that number when negotiating and i think another dealer will beat it. You should be able to get it for $43000.

good luck, let me know your thoughts.
  • drmd1drmd1 Member Posts: 10
    I got 47000$ from BMW Southfield. premieum plus navigation pkg though. $ 43500 price you got is out of door or without taxes/ title?
    BMW of southfield??? were taking about the rx350. Anyways my price of $43500 is not including tax. Is your $47000 price including tax.
  • cuddcudd Member Posts: 2
    It shouldn't be difficult to get an RX 350 at or below invoice. I visited Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ last week to check out a RX 350 AWD without NAV. MSRP was 45,570, invoice was 41,850. I told the salesman that I wanted the car below invoice. He didn't give me an offer price in writing because I wasn't buying that day, but I definitely got the feeling that they were willing to go below invoice if I was ready to buy. The initial price they threw at me was 43K.
    Got confused as I am looking X3 too. I should have said Meade Lexus of Southfield. They offered 47k without taxes. Does your offer include premium and nav?
  • alexg_fllalexg_fll Member Posts: 3
    I paid $38,946 plus about $3500 sales tax, the "car care" package, and tag and title. I bought the weekend just after the tsunami -- which I think has to have something to do with the price.

My car has no nav -- but it does have some minor extras like super dark Florida window tinting, mud flaps, and door guard thingymagigs.

You should all know though that the car has had electrical issues. They were all taken care of very professionally by the dealer, JM Lexus, but because of parts issues I had a (free RX350) loaner for over a month. However, it's not what I expected for a car with 500 miles on it...
    Did not include Nav. It was based on a car with a $45500 MSRP. I think I could have done better but it still would be more than i wanted to pay. I don't think i am willing to pay more than invoice which is $41350. I think its almost impossible to get that price in Michigan. I am going to start looking out of state for some quotes.
    I agree. May be because Michigan has less dealers and competition. Mine friend got premium plus nav package for 45000$ last year. According to him that was great price.
    sounds like a good plan! Waiting on month end price cuts to increase their sales revenue and clear inventory... I heard from the salesperson that RX350's are flying off the lot. Unsure if the economy has suddenly improved !!

Will keep you posted
    I think I'm done wasting time in Michigan, the dealers can keep their cars. I gave a dealer in Virginia a call and he gave me an offer 5k off MSRP without even negotiating. We all know Michigan is struggling, and for the dealers to expect us to pay MSRP is a joke.
    Can you forward the name of the dealership in VA.
    If you are willing to pick up in virginia i can negotiate a lower price fo the two of us. Let me know but they seem very motivated. There is also a dealer in Boston that I talked to to was also motivated.
    Thx for the offer. Just to let you know that the two of us can negotiate a better offer in MI (RX350+Premium pkg. - No NAV). The pricing currently is $42,200 + Tax/Title and CAN be negotiated (based on 2 purchases) even lower based on month end inventory reduction. Need response ASAP!