Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

rajftprajftp Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Lexus
Any one who have recently purchased RX350 with DVD Navigation System with Neptune Blue Color. I am in Bay area and would like to know at what price did you get and from which dealer. I live in SantaClara, California.
I visited one of the dealers and they told me that it would take 4-6 weeks for the delivery.

Any insight to this would be appreciated!

Comments

• chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    36 months, 12k/yr. incl. prem plus, heated seats, navigation. Quoted $1357 at inception, $548/month. From Prestige Lexus in NJ. Includes NY taxes at 8.625%
    Seems fair?
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    I haven't bought one "yet", however, the lowest price given to me was $41.5k + TTT for a White PP+ and NAV.

This is Level 3 per Lexus:

New for 2007 - a 3.5L V6 with 270 horsepower with an EPA combined rating of 22 miles per gallon. Standard features include a 6-disc in-dash CD changer with WMA/MP3 capability, a Dual-Zone Climate Control System, and a Direct-Type Tire Pressure Monitor System.

Level 1 Premium Package, includes Leather Trim Interior, Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory for steering, seat, and mirrors, Illumination entry system, Moonroof, Roof rack, Wood & leather steering wheel and shift knob, Power rear lift gate, 18” alloy wheels, Towing Prep Package, Rain-sensing wipers, Wheel locks, & Cargo Mat. Option codes: FT, PM, RS, TO, Z1

Level 2 Premium Plus Package adds everything in Level 1 plus Multi-level Heated Front Seats, High Intensity Headlights with an auto leveling feature, Adaptive Front Lighting System & Headlight Washer System.
    Option codes: FT, PT, HH, TO, Z1

Level 3 Navigation System Package adds everything in Level 2 plus the 5th Generation Lexus DVD Navigation System with Backup Camera and Bluetooth. This system features voice command for the navigation system & the audio system.
    Option Codes: FT, PT, NV, HH, TO, Z1

The Towing Prep Package includes a heavy duty radiator, heavy duty alternator, & a transmission cooler.

*Generation 5 Voice-Activated Lexus DVD Navigation System-offers the latest in Digital Mapping, provides Superior graphics with 32 Thousand Colors, a Touch Screen Multi-Display, Voice-Activated Destination Input-even while driving. The Bluetooth Wireless Communication System now includes Voice input of phone numbers and dial by name while in motion. This system features a voice-activation button, conveniently located on the steering wheel. The system can understand over 100 commands and controls the navigation system and the audio system.

This is Purchase price, not Lease price.
  • 831cruzer831cruzer Member Posts: 7
    Even though I'm from the Bay Area, I ended up buying in Roseville (out of Sacramento). Got a Bamboo 2007 RX 350, premium plus, 18 inch wheels, tow pkg (everything "according to the dealer" except Mark Levinson sound or back seat DVD) for $41k. I was surprised they were willing to deal since it only just came out.
    Love the car after ten days of ownership. Only beef is with the bluetooth and the phone. Works unreliably. Must have a phone on the compatibility list.
  • rajftprajftp Member Posts: 3
    That is a very good deal. Is this AWD/FWD? Which dealer in Sacramento did you buy from?

Raj :blush:
    AWD! Lexus of Roseville. They only had 4 to choose from (3 black and one bamboo). We went in saying we wanted $5K under MSRP. Had to go back and forth 3 times. First time they came back with MSRP, we got up to leave, said we could look in the bay area. Second time they asked us if we were Costco member and were about $2700 under MSRP then last time we settled. I liked them all in all. No hard sell at the finance time with extended warranty or extras.
    Good luck!
  • mookie18mookie18 Member Posts: 15
    I leased a 350 AWD (PP/Nav) from Pleasanton last month.
    Got it for $41,260, MSRP was $46,583.

But I will be going to Roseville to sell my old car to Carmax since trade-in I was quoted at the Pleasanton dealer was too low.

Had to wait 5 days to get the Breakwater Blue unit that I wanted.
    Drove to SoCal this week-end. It's a sweeeet ride!:D Specially once you do the Nav Hack and can play with all the Nav functions even when the car is in motion.
    Has anyone had success getting the handsfree feature to work? The dealer did not say we had to have certain phone &/or carrier. I just got this phone in April and it works sporadically when synced with the bluetooth. All of a sudden my cell will start dialing the car for no reason.
    Taking it in tomorrow. I told them since they didn't give me a disclaimer AND I haven't filled out my JD Edwards satisfaction survey yet.....
    Other than that I Love the car.
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Works perfectly with my Verizon Motorola E815--had to delete other Bluetooth devices from phone, i.e. my ear piece. So I have Bluetooth whenever I drive this car, but need to reenter my ear piece and delete Lexus Bluetooth from my phone--and vice-versa when I drive the Lexus RX350. I am sure there are better Bluetooh phones out there.
    Is NAV included?
    Nav Included. Neat feature. couldn't live w/o it now. BTW, the dealer (Roseville) made good on the bluetooth phone. They are buying me a new phone that will work with the handsfree (so they say). Haven't rec'd the phone yet. but will let you know. See Aloha Robert if you decide to buy from them. He gave a 90 minute intro to all the features of my car when I bought it.
    Good luck.
    Wow, that's a great price. Too bad, I am far away. Anyway, I am trying to talk to the Dealers near by to see if they want to match.
    Thanks for the info.
  • truff1truff1 Member Posts: 1
    Is it worht waiting to December to buy a new Lexus RX 350 for the "December to Remember" event? Do you really see a savings? If so how much typically?

I am not in a hurry to purchase and could wait until the end of the year.

I have never purchased a lexus before so any input is helpful.
  • hellokitty2hellokitty2 Member Posts: 2
    If you refer to post #3, I purchased the "level 3" Bamboo Pearl AWD in Sacramento, California. (Lexus of Sacramento...they also own Lexus of Roseville). I paid $41,500 plus tax, license, tire fee and $45 doc fee. Invoice is listed at $41,262. This is the 2nd vehicle I have purchase there. So far after 2 days, I still love it :) The navigation is cool. I could do without the DVD Player (which is the Mark Levinson pkg). Figure I could buy a portable one and have the kid hold it or put it between the 2 front seats.
    :)
  • hellokitty2hellokitty2 Member Posts: 2
    The key is that you are in no hurry. I hear the best times to purchase are at the end of the month. If you go in there knowing how much over invoice you want to pay, stick REALLY close to it. They'll do all they can to please you.....and you don't have to wait until December. I bet they are trying their last push to sell more inventory by year-end.
  • patwongpatwong Member Posts: 2
    I paid $39,762 for a RX350 with NAV in bamboo color from Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA. It was $1,500 below the California Invoice and about $6,820 below CA MSRP. Contact Gina Morales 1-650-381-3130. Good luck.
    Patwong: #39,762 is an unbelievable price, I wish I could do the same. I assume this is not AWD, right?
    The lowest I've got was $41,375 for a FWD, NAV and PP+
  • albjdugganalbjduggan Member Posts: 1
    I've heard so many great things about the RX 350, but when I test drove it, the positioning for the arm rest was very uncomfortable. Having it connected to the seat and not part of the center console, made it awkward for me. I'm a 6'1", 230 pound male. Does anyone feel the same? I don't drive leaning excessively to the side, but like to have the option of leaning a little bit on long trips.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I agree with you, Albjduggan. I wish that
    the center console was higher up so it can
    be used for resting the arm on it like most
    cars and SUV's. It slides back and forth,
    which is very nice, but I would prefer having
    no armrest connected to the seat
    (too mini-vanish) and have the center console
    set higher up.
  • texas_rraidertexas_rraider Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Texas Panhandle and am considering buying a FWD RX350. I've gotten a couple of quotes, and the dealers are essentially offering $40,500 for one with Premium Plus, Heated Seats and Rain Sensing Wipers, Tow Prep, and Trailer Hitch (one is coming down about a $1,000 more, but recouping that on my trade in). That's about $1,500 off of MSRP and $3,500 over invoice. Anyone have experience in NM, Ok City, DFW Metroplex, Austin, San Antonio or West Texas to give me an idea on what I should pay?
  • joganjogan Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a RX350 with Premium Plus and Nav0agation. All of the dealers in the Southwest bring in the same accessory pkg for a Navagation equipped RX350.
    I paid before tax $41,200 and was quoted $38,300 for one with the Premium Pkg etc - the base RX350 as above all have the same accessories ie 18"wheels etc. Suggest you go to Lexus.com and send an email to the Lexus dealers in the areas you mention, then get invoice prices from Edmunds.com so you know what invoice is. You should be able to purchase for $1,200 + above invoice. Be sure and email Sewell in Dallas & Northpark in San Antonio. Good Luck. On my purchase the dealer agreed to trade the tires from Goodyear Eage to Michelin which only comes on 4 wheel/all wheel drive models.
  • clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 4
    What is monthly payment? And how much is for lease end purchase price?
    I'm looking for PP& Navi now. Lexus provides special lease now, but i'm not sure yet.

• beemertimebeemertime Member Posts: 20
    don't forget ppl, that your quotes and prices are for the west and south area of teh country. Which means they are most likely FWD.

I got my RX 350 in one of the northeast states. I got quotes from NY ray catena for a RX350 AWD w/nav fully loaded for $41,200. Another one from CT for $41,400.

Those are the range i would shoot for when ur are purchasing one in the east coast.
  • chamya23chamya23 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the RX350 FWD with the following options: NV and PM.

MSRP: $43,705
    Invoice: $38,387

How much should I pay? Anybody have any experience buying in the Chicago market? :confuse:
  • apjmoapjmo Member Posts: 1
    Bought: FWD + Premimum Plus package + DVD NAV package
    MSRP : 45023
    Invoice: 39878
    Paid: 38728 + tax + lic. fee + tire fee + doc fee

I got comparable deals from 4 dealers and went with the nearest one that had the color I wanted (Flint Mica + grey interiors)
  • rajftprajftp Member Posts: 3
    One of the dealers in Bay area is mentioning that Lexus is not releasing its Neptune Blue Color and mentioned that it would take almost 6/7 weeks. I have already been waiting for last 5 weeks with a deposit to the dealer. Is this correct information? The dealer also mentioned that they have 4 people in line for the same color. Does any one have any experience with respect to this.
    :cry:
  • turquoise_e1turquoise_e1 Member Posts: 18
    ragftp,

It is a rare color. Most dealers I talked to wanted to custom order it; it sounded like even then it's a waiting game. I am frustrated as well.

A few days ago, Cerritos showed 3 Neptune Blues (2 AWD Prem Plus and 1 FWD w/NAV) in their inventory, if you are interested. They are not what I wanted.
    Here's the AWD/PP/Nav deal I got mid-May from Pleasanton :

MSRP : $46,583
    Selling Price : $41,262
    Lease Term : 36mos, 12k/yr
    Residual : 59%, $27,484

Money Factor : .00155
    Due at lease signing : $1450 (1st month, etc)
    9 Mos into MSD : $4500
    New Money Factor : .00065

Monthly Payment : $427.41 or $462.67 (with 8.25 CA tax)

Although it looks like some are now getting below invoice on the FWD.
  • lphantom134lphantom134 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Houston area and we just took delivery of a RX350 FWD w/ Premium Pkg from Westside Lexus comparable to the quote you mentioned. The best quote I got from around Houston and the sales consultant, Don Smith, is exceptional. He's willing to work with me to match whatever deal I got from others and work to get my trade-in at better than CarMax and with the tax benefit of trade-in. My wife is so happy now. Should you want to get a Lexus from the Houston area, contact Don Smith for the best quote and service. Keep in mind that the prices for each area/region are different from the other. The best prices in the town you live (and purchase from) are more relevant.
  • patwongpatwong Member Posts: 2
    $39,762 is for the AWD and is with the Premium Package that includes the Navigation System / Mark Levinson Package as shown in the RX350 brochure. It was $1,500 below the sticker price.
  • bm3coupebm3coupe Member Posts: 5
    I was ready to pick up a 2007 AWD RX350 with NAV, premium plus, 18" wheel at the Lexus dealer of Rockville Maryland this afternoon for $42800 out of the door. MSRP is about $46,500. The sale man agreed that price on the phone. He said the car will be ready for pick up at 5pm. They lied and tried to get me to the dealer. When I got there another guy came out and said he is a sale manager and did not want to sell the car to me at that price. He wanted $43,200 out of the door. A couple other dealers in DC area want $41,000 + Tax and Tag.
  • jsevjsev Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying a RX350 (without navigation)from the Pleasanton Dealership. Their current offer is $40,000 out the door. That puts the price of the vehicle somewhere around $36,000+. It seems like a good deal. Any opinions?
    Not sure what the MSRP is, but if 36K is about 4K less than the MSRP it might be a decent deal. Tho if you look at patwong's deal (post#30), it's now possible to get less than invoice price.

I shopped around and showed Pleasanton the lowest price I got from another dealer. And they knew I was willing to walk away if they couldn't better it.
  • bigbadbuffbigbadbuff Member Posts: 3
    Best price I have gotten here on the East Coast so far is 41, 260 for a Premium Plus with Nav. That was the 1st go-round so I'm sure it is no trouble to get it into the 40s, but they don't have the color I want :( All other dealers are so far 1-3k higher.
  • lmcjcaolmcjcao Member Posts: 16
    I checked with one dealer in Dallas area, they quoted me $38214 for FWD/Premium Pkg/18'' wheel... seems the optional packages in Texas (or Southwest) are really limited, eith Premium or Premium + Nav. HID comes only with Nav package or on AWD, I'm hoping to pay $39000 out of door, not sure if I can get a deal in the area. Will keep you all posted.
  • thainguyendthainguyend Member Posts: 8
    I got quoted for $38190+TTL at Sewell in Dallas. I am looking for one, but not willing to pay at that price. It seens like Californian has better price..under invoice. Let me know your result.
  • smartkidsmartkid Member Posts: 5
    WOW. I just sold my 02 Acura MDX. I yesterday received my brand new Lexus RX350 in Crystal White. What a beauty. The engine is powerful and the interior is better than any i have seen. If anyone was wondering about buying this car, i would tell you that there is no question about this car. All the stories i have heard about the car having piston problems and rattling noises, they must have gotten a lemon :lemon: . The lexus is way above the Acura. The lexus makes a joke of the Acura's safety, performance, reliability, interior and looks. :D
  • lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone had any good experiences in trying to buy a Certified Pre-Owned RX 330/350 lately? If so, where? I'm wondering if the mad dash for the 400h and new RX 350's is having a positive impact (at least for buyers) in the market for used RX's that are Certified Pre-Owned. Are people paying retail KBB on the CPO's or are they available for less?

Also... does anyone know if Bluetooth in the RX is new to 2006/07 or if it was available in 04/05?

Thanks for any help!
  • leo11leo11 Member Posts: 9
    Hi lphantom134,
    What price did you pay OTD on the lexus. Looking to buy one and I am in the houston area.
    Any help appreciated
    LS
  • qwiktradeqwiktrade Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying an RX350 in the DC area with the Mark Levinson system but no one seems to have it. I would not mind travelling to pick one up. Does anyone know of a dealer who has one?

Thanks,
    qwik
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone seen the residuals and money factor for July. I understand that Lexus extended its Special Lease terms until July 26. Also looking for any info on lease pricing for awd with nav in the Midwest.
    One sales from Sewell in Dallas quoted me $37,950 + TTL, which is around $600 over invoice. Seems the bargain room is very limited now.
    lmcjcao- Just for your information, the sales person said the invoice is around $37K to 37,100. Not sure to trust the guy or not. I heard if you deal with the fleet manager, you get a much better price. I do not know how to get this information yet. You know what, you are interested in one and I also. I think we many have an advantage here...;-)
  • choonychoony Member Posts: 12
    what was included in the quoted price of $37,950? We are days away from purchasing/leasing a RX350 and I want to know what the going deal is. We just purchased a 2006 GX in December from Sewell, so I"m hoping they give us a good deal considering that we just bought one from them. please let me know what others have paid for RX350, premium plus package.
    thainguyend:

Well, after several rounds bargain, I'm offered @ $37,400 +TTL from another dealer (Park Place Lexus Grapevine), it will be $40,000 OTD, sounds good to me. If you wanna come to the same dealer, I can ask if they can offer even better price with 2 cars
    choony,

The quoted price has Premium Package + 18" wheels + cargo net + wheel lock + Heated seat with sensor wiper, MSRP is $41,718. You can check on KBB to find the right package information.
    Imcjcao

Thanks for the info. :) I"m hoping to get just as good of a deal at Sewell Dallas as you did at Grapevine. Will keep ya'll posted.
    lmcjcao-

I got a hold of a sales person a bit north, Lexus of Tulsa. The first quote I got is $36,969 w/o any nogociation yet.

This person share with me that Lexus deduct $900 off of MSRP this month. I will be a bit patient while look into loan and stuff. Hopefull we can get our cars..together and save a some $$$$..
    Given it that dealer is 250 miles away, I might just go and buy it here in town, but I will double check with the sales person if they have $900 off the MSRP news, ready to go and put a deposit on one already.
    yes, Lexus does have a lease special until the end of the month..also on leases, I've heard that in August and December, there is no sales Tax. Has anyone else heard of this? We bought out GX in December (to Remember ) event and they told us for leases, Dec and Aug are tax free..We bought the GX, but plan to lease the RX so we might wait a few weeks. If anyone knows anything about this, please share.
  • jhan1jhan1 Member Posts: 4
    new RX350 today!!!! love the car, experience was great. Got the car for $38463+TTL. Out the door $41830ish. It was for Nav+pre+FW. Good luck!!!