Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• natwnatw Member Posts: 2
    I am in Northern CA, and looking to buy the exact same car. Talked to several dealers and all of them mentioned price increase for RX350. Car with older invoice are almost sold out and the one with new invoice price is $700-$1000 more depends on the options. Had anyone heard of price increase? And I was told dealers with older invoice car refuse to trade those cars with other dealers.

I was wondering if I should wait for the facelift in May? Since Lexus is likely to reveal the new RX350 in 2 weeks in the auto show, I wonder what will this affect the price of 2012 model? Should I expect the 2013 be more expensive?

Please comment.
  • upashiupashi Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I am based in Houston. I contacted 4 local dealers and I am very unhappy the way Lexus dealers are responding. All I need is premium package + Nav (not a must), but they keep pushing cars with a lot of extras I don't need or want. Out of the 4 dealers, 1 did not contact me at all. 1 other is about 2 hours away, but the lady did call me. I told her I need at least 10% off MSRP and she said that she is in car business for 20 years and would not deal with me at that price. (It's below her invoice.?)

I looked at RX350 with premium package, navigation + other extras on Friday with 3rd dealer. (He is closest to my place.) MSRP was $48617. I offered him $44,000 + tax, title. The dealer said that I was offering him below his cost & the best he could do was $46,300 + tax, title. I told him to contact me if he agrees with me and walked out. He did not stop me nor has contacted me yet.

Now I got a call today from another (4th) dealer. (about 1 hour drive from my place). This vehicle is without NAV system. (Premium Package, Towing package, 19" alloy wheels, backup camera, park assist, heated/ventilated seats, wood/leather trimmed steering wheel, Z1, 3T) MSRP is $45,582. I offered him $41,000 He said that he would sell for $42,500. I told him pretty much same thing I told first dealer. He would not commit to $41,000 price on the phone or email. So he said that it would help negotiation if I went to dealership personally, so that he could convince his boss. I told him that I am fine with it if he at least agrees to the price in principle so as not to waste my and his time. He said, he will get back to me.

Based on this experience, did I offer way too less ($44,000) in the first case? Is $41,000 offer good one in second case? Do you think they will agree to 10% off MSRP. I am in no rush to buy the vehicle, but would but immediately if the price is good.

Thanks in advance.
  • dyskdysk Member Posts: 10
    Houston dealers do not negotiate a lot. Best of luck.

You may want to try Dallas. All the dealers compete there.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2012
    From what you said here, it's only been a day or so, with your first dealer. Probably the waiting game right now. Give him another 3-4 days, to see if they contact you. Any good sales person would at least contact you and try to get you to talk some more.You can bet his manager is telling him what to do or not do right now.

Perhaps that first dealer has little inventory ? Sometimes they play real hard when so, hoping for a better offer. If you don't hear from him, I sure would work on the next dealer that calls you back. I really think you made him(first dealer) a good offer, and he has profit still in that offer, PLUS he does get his holdback, and any factory to dealer incentives we don't know about. I'd hang in there and wait a few more days with him, and if he does call , be ready to buy, and at least go back in with your checkbook, and tell him you are ready for your deal, right then.

Also, the week days are usually much slower for dealers, and usually a better time to make your deal than weekends.

These dealers in your area sound like they are not real aggressive as many of us have found out here in the west. Especially the Calif dealers, want to move cars, and seem to be overstocked..always a winner for we buyers.They have large allocations, as they sell so many, with the large population.

Keep in mind here also, that the more options on the car..the more mark up % in it. No matter where the car is.

Also in your favor is the 2013 'Refreshing' RX due out in a few weeks. Just a grill and bumper change..and dealers should want to move the 12's.

And , as another said here, perhaps a trip to Dallas would be worth it if the Houston guys don't decide to work with you.
    I traveled from my state of Arizona to Calif, and got my deal there. I saved almost $2400 by doing so, as the dealers here in AZ don't have the inventory, and are tough to deal with, except one..and he was iffy. Glendale Lexus was terrific for me and a couple others on this forum.

Hope you keep us posted.
  • gradybailleegradybaillee Member Posts: 3
    Nazzy100 was the tax you paid in CA delivery the same as you would have paid in AZ. I live in TN and found the car I wanted in CA at a great price, I wanted to fly out and drive back but would have had to pay CA taxes if delivery is taken in CA. Just curious. No one in my area wants to deal much either. Only two Lexus Dealers in Nashville and they are owned by the same person, no competition.
    Yes, I paid AZ sales tax, and left there with all the proper papers for our MVD here, for Registration and licensing.

I was in and out of our MVD here in 20 minutes with a Plate and the new Registration.

Where in Ca you planning on going ?
    edited March 2012
    Here's something important to consider also:

Lexus made a INVOICE price increase on all cars invoiced sometime during that monthFeb). It was a big one too.

So, it's important for those still trying to buy, to see the actual MSRP sticker, and see when that car was invoiced to the dealer. Get the date. If it is a newer invoice, the discounting will not be what many others here have received. You might notice that most of those great deals, where on cars that were invoiced prior to this increase.

This increase means that the mark up from actual invoice to MSRP is much less than previous. Thus, less discounting will be had. And, Lexus Corp also changed the dealer holdback amount...and this will affect the amounts of discounts.

The problems you might be having with your Houston dealers is they have mostly newer invoiced RX's on the lot now.

This increase by Toyota/Lexus Corp, and others, was done to try to keep the retail prices from going up on their cars too much, and scaring away we buyers. By doing this of course, the sales people and the dealers are left with much less to work with.

Best I can figure is that cars made/invoiced in Feb sometime, have about 9.5 % max markup. And we don't know yet how the holdback has changed.
    Vincent:

See post 4803, for some changes on invoice !
    Vince:

Looks like that car, if a recent invoiced car after this new increase, has a invoice of about $43200, only.

So, How much over invoice do you think it fair for that dealer to get is your decision IF, that has one of the newer invoiced dates I guess.
  • vincentbayuvincentbayu Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Nazzy.

I was aware of the invoice increase before I bought the car a week ago. I was able to get one at $1500 below the old invoice. I was told all the RXs come in after 02/08 will have the new invoice (the difference is about $1000-1200). As someone mentioned earlier, the "old" car is scarce now.
    Good to hear , Vincent.

So what was your final price before tax and license etc ?
  • gradybailleegradybaillee Member Posts: 3
    This was last year and I had gotten a great quote from South Bay Lexus in Torrance, CA. The sales rep said if I take delivery in CA I would have to pay CA taxes instead of getting a temp tag and registering it here in TN.
    edited March 2012
    Grady:

Technically, Ca sales tax(8.5) would be required, unless, you have the dealer there put it on a transport, and you don't drive it on the street there. This law has been iffy for a long time. These dealers know how to save you money on transporters.

So don't let me mislead you.....be sure you check the rules at the dealer you might buy it from.And, by all means call your local DMV there and get their rules also.

Sorry I can't give you any more on my particular deal.

Good luck
  • bobbio56bobbio56 Member Posts: 37
    looking at 2012 AWD w/comfort package, nav system, premium pkg., wood wheel and knob, Accy pkg. cross bars - sticker is 46,619

suggestions would be appreciated! this would be third car from dealer in 8 years.

Thanks in advance for the advice!!!! - philly area
  • jc12456jc12456 Member Posts: 4
    Bobbio

That seems a good price - I had been quoted $46,731 in Houston 2012 FWD w/comfort pack, navigation and premium package, wood wheel, accry pack, cross bars and 19" wheels.

Can seem to get much better than that price and the AWD are more expensive than the FWD. Can you share which dealer - maybe I buy and truck it.

Equally anyone that can give me advice on what price I should be aiming for that will be great.

Thanks
    edited March 2012
    If that exact car has a invoice after Feb10, it will have a higher invoice, than earlier 2012 RX's. Ask that dealer what the exact invoice date is on this car.

So, if that is the case, a date after Feb10, I'd say the invoice on that car is $42424.00. If it has a date prior to that, the invoice will be about $1100 less.

So, how much profit do you think it fair for your dealer to make on this car?

Whatever that is, add to that number, and make your offer, ONLY if you are ready to buy right then .Me, I'd offer him $500 over($43000), but if necessary, I'd go to about $850 over. That's just me. And by all means, remind him you are a three time loyal buyer from him, and you want a terrific deal this time, to buy again from him.

As far as 'holdback' goes, he will get it still, but I think Lexus changed it, and only pays dealers quarterly now. It;'s probably still 2% of the BASE price of your car. Not positive if the percentage changed or not. I personally, think the dealer is entitled to his holdback and should not be part of my offer. After all, he has 'flooring' fees on his cars he has to pay. That's why there is a holdback from the factory for him.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
  • gqscholargqscholar Member Posts: 18
    babbio, nazzy am I missing something?

Bobbio you said the MSRP sticker for a 2012 RX AWD, with nav, comfort and premium package was 46???

The MSRP for a AWD is around 40475K, nav (2,465), com (1950), Premium pack (2400) = 47290 and that doesn't include the destination charge.

nazzy you said the invoice with the 810 holdback is 41324?

where did you get that number?

Please provide the breakdown, bc I don't know where you got that number from. Not true car value that I use. Did you add the advertising fee?
    This is what I researched.

bobbio you said you have a 2012 AWD with nav, comfort, premium, wood wheel and knob and accessory package.

MSRP/Sticker is 48,750

Dealer Cost is 37, 846 - Base, 6778 in options, 400-600+ Regional Ad fees, and 600-800+ in Destination Charge.

It has a 810 dollar holdback

So the true invoice including regional adds, destination charge and subtracting hold back is around 44,800 - 45,300 K.

If the vehicle was purchased by the dealer before feb 10 or so the price will be around 1100-1300 less.
    edited March 2012
    I believe he said $46600 was the full MSRP on the actual car he was after. And I said I thought the invoice was about 42300-42400.First Offer was $43000.

Looks like the car you are building in about $2000 higher in MSRP ?

MSRP is the FULL retail price of the car, including Shipping. Hold back is NOT in the MSRP. I don't think I said I was figuring the holdback amount in what I would offer, in that message. The holdback was an 'aside' comment only.

If this(his) car was invoiced after Feb 10, Take 46600 x 90.5 %. Not quite 11-12% anymore.

That is approx only invoice ,if he has listed the MSRP bottom line correctly.

Invoice is what the dealer actually pays for that car, upfront. Holdback is not in the MSRP, and I did not figure it in the above. I believe the dealer is entitled to it, that's just me. Dealer/factory incentives, etc, are not figured here, if any. WE usually don't know what that is.
    edited March 2012
    Got it.

I believe his invoice price was wrong. No way you can have the packages that he listed and have a MSRP of 46K. It should have been around 48k.

Your calculations make sense.

My MSRP was 49780 and I paid 44050 (not including tax and tags). I brought a pre invoice increase vehicle.
    Ok hope you can all help me - first time buyer in the US and really appreciate any assistance on working out price I should actully be paying.

Have been quoted MSRP of
    Base car $39075
    Optional Equipment $9167 (Comfort Pack $1950, 12 speaker stereo $110, 19" alloys $660, nav $2465, park assist $500, premium pack $2400, towing prep $238, wood wheel $330, cargo mat net ec $255, cross bars$259)

Dealer delivery processing fee $875

Total MSRP $49117 plus TTL

Dealer saying best price is discounting MSRP to $47482 plus TTL

Based on above should I be offering $49117 x 90.5% =$44,450 plus TTL

Want to just cut to the chase and get to a fair price without hours of haggling. Hearing all the sob stories about how they are only making $500 per car at the price they are offering and I am just about at the point where I will give up and try one of these car buying services.

Again as first time US buyer appreciate any advice on the correct price to offer into which I need to then add TTL. Wife is desperately wanting a car.

Many thanks
    Aussie
    edited March 2012
    $44,450 plus TTL

is a estimated invoice.

Now comes the fun part.

How much profit do you feel comfortable giving the dealership?

500 or 1000 (start 500 over and work yoru way up to 1000, or maybe max out at 1500, its up to you) IMO 1500 over 44450 (45950) is more than fair.

Is the dealership a top selling Lexus dealership? The bigger they are the better chance you have at getting your price.

Are you fine with submiting a few emails / offers to dealerships as far a 100 miles away? A car buying service might help you reach out.

No need to visit the dealership until the price is 100% agreed on, that way you are not wasting your time driving.

Good Luck
    No me seems to want me to buy a car - they are all sticking to 46500 plus TTL

Any other clues ? Getting to a point where I will be something other than a Lexus.

Appreciate any advice
  • texaspatexaspa Member Posts: 5
    You may want to wait until the end of the month and repeat your offer.
    I live in Houston and had to make a deal with a Dallas dealer to get their attention. Houston ended up matching the deal on March 31, 2010.
  • ekroppekropp Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Hi

I am looking at a 2012 Rx350 awd with a MSRP of 49,360

True Car has an invoice of 46,600 which is higher than what everyone else here is referencing.

The dealer wants to sell me the car for 46,600 - ie true car invoice

less 1500 rebate for trading in a BMW so 45,100.

I am looking at a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/year

Residual is 57% and money factor is .0013

The dealer is quoting me 2000 down (first month, bank fees, title etc)
    then 600/month for 35 months

Is this a fair deal? Can I do better? What about the invoice price does that seem accurate?

Thanks in advance for any input
  • hchiutxhchiutx Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Hi Everyone, I am in the market for a new RX350 for my wonderful wife. Greater Seattle area. I am quite confused by the options as the Lexus website, Edmunds, BestPrice each forces me to select different optional packages. I hope you experts out there can clarify this for me. My wife wants:

Nav system
    Backup monitor
    Leather interior
    wood trim
    moonroof
    6-CD + sound system
    NO backseat entertainment system as that will ruin my kids' eyesight. They can watch stuff at home

Sounds simple does it? Yet some web sites allow Nav system added on individually, some allows moonroof only with luxury package and not premium, some says Nav only comes with rear seat entertainment system. It's very confusing. Which options packages should really be selected based on these?

Can anyone shed some light on this please? I can't get a read on MSRP if I don't have the right options selected. By the way I have not seen any postings on Seattle - anyone know the best dealership for an RX? Thanks!
    Here is the latest development & whole story. As mentioned earlier, I contacted 4 dealers. 2 didn't even bother to show in any interest, so I was left with 2. The one near my house had MSRP $48617. I offered him $44,000 + tax, title. The dealer said that I was offering him below his cost & the best he could do was $46,300 + tax, title. He never called me back.

The one, about 1 hour drive away, was more receptive. He had a vehicle for MSRP $45,587 ( FWD, backup camera, 19" alloy wheels, Heated/ventilated seats, Intuitive Parking, Premium package, Tow Prep. package, Wood/leather trimmed steering wheel, Cargo-mat/cargo-net/wheel lock/key gloves, cross bars) Based on discussions here, I offered him $41,000 (10% off MSRP) He said $42,500. I told him to talk to his manager and get back to me. Next day, he said $42K. I still stuck with $41K. Then I went for spring break for a week. When I returned, I had call waiting for me. He said that he would give better deal if I showed up at the showroom, so I went there. The "manager" said best he could do was $42,500 and showed me invoice saying he was offering $1200 under invoice. I was still asking "he could do better". and THEN my wife blurted out "Why are you being stingy for $500, blah blah blah" AND I KNEW THAT I HAD LOST THE BATTLE. I threatened the dealer that I would walk away & actually did walk away from the dealership. But it was too late. On the way back home, my dear wife "convinced me" how wonderful the deal was & how cheap I am. So we turned back & got the vehicle for $41,500 + TTL.

As a final revenge, I called Lexus and told them how useless their dealer network is and how they were not willing to do business with me. The lady politely told me: they are all independent businesses of Lexus (sort of franchisees) and they "independently" manage the business. Good luck. :)

Not sure if it's a good price. But that is the BEST I could get. (It's about 9% below MSRP). If my wife is happy, then it doesn't matter. So far, my wife LOVES the vehicle & what a fantastic decision "she" made. ;)

Thanks to ALL OF YOU from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful forum and all the discussions.
    There is a typo above.
    The "manager" said best he could do was $41,500 and showed me invoice saying he was offering $1200 under invoice. (not sure if that is correct.)

BTW, my wife got the color she wanted. (Black with Parchment interior).

I got 1.9% financing for 60 months. I told him, my credit union is giving 1.9% for 72 months, but the best he would do was 60 months. I may refinance with my credit union for 72 months.
    edited March 2012
    You did good.

No need to be upset

You held your guns and you got a great deal.

Not to mention that you were able to locate a pre-invoice increase vehicle (purchased by the dealer prior to mid Feb)

Congrads
    edited March 2012
    I say you did very well.

$4000 + off which you got, on newer invoiced Rx's is a very nice deal. I think this was a unit invoiced after Feb 8.

That $1200 under invoice the manager said he was doing is baloney.

I'd say he made about $600 on the sale and will collect his holdback also of 2%. later. My opinion.

I have no problem with a dealer making $500 -$1000 in the end, on a $45000 car.

Again, he's entitled to his holdback in my book for sure. If you think about it, the dealer probably has 25 Rx's in his inventory..maybe. He paid for those , or is paying/ financing(flooring) as they sit. Just that one model on his lot, ties up approx $1 million of his money, until they are sold. He has monthly payments on them himself.

Sleep well, no' buyers remorse' !
    The invoice price increased 1200 -1800 depending on options on all models purchased by the dealer from the man. after mid Feb.

So unless you find a dealer with a pre feb rx, you will have to pay the increase in invoice.
  • rich177rich177 Member Posts: 3
    I would say go lower possibly waiting till the last day of the month or last weekend day at least. Offer 45k before $1500 rebate.

Purchased a 2012 RX end of January for $1500 under invoice. MSRP $49,7xx for $44,000 plus tax, title & registration and 1.9% for 60 months. Granted this was before the invoice increase but you should still be able to do similar. Dealer invoice on our vehicle showed $45,5xx.
  • texaspatexaspa Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if there will be any incentives in April before the 2013 comes out in May??
    I will not be financing so don't qualify for those incentives.
  • erickropperickropp Member Posts: 4
    Does everybody pay a Doc Fee? Dealer wants 300 Doc Fee..is this normal?

thanks
  • nit2nit2 Member Posts: 40
    I have had to pay that on the 4 or 5 car purchases that I have made so far. I have seen it range between $250 and $400 over 20 or 25 years and across different dealers and types of cars. My (limited) experience has been that dealers were not willing to even negotiate on the amount.
    I got hit with a $250 doc fee.

I was told it was the $$$ needed to fed ex my plates and additional temp tag to me (70.00), file my paperwork (93.00), and pay for the empoyee/cleric time (86.00).

I'm sure there might be some fluff in there, but I let it walk. My dealer said they had to charge fees bc the margins are low on the car. More likely its just dealer, talk, who knows. Some dealers lie so much, who knows what truthful anymore.

I also had to pay 235 in registration and tag fees

200 was to register my car for 5 years ($40.00 a year) and 35.00 for title work including adding lien, etc.

Of course the 3.75 tax which came to 1600+ for my car

Hopes this info helps
    edited March 2012
    Yep, those Doc fees are everywhere, and vary depending on the part of the country, and the make of the dealership. Here in the West/SW they run around $350 at a Toyota Dealership, and Lexus dealers about $400.

I also have a newer Toyota PU, and That dealer wanted $350. I told him to buy the truck, I'd only split those with him, after I made my best deal. What he did was discount the sale price of the Truck another $175.00, but had to leave the DOC fees where they were on the Purchase order. I think these dealers have their machines all programmed of that amount, thus won't change them on a individual deal, but, you can try to negotiate them down, as in my case. Bottom line is all we care about anyway, they can show whatever they want, as long as the final out the door total is what we agree on.

Yes, they do make money on those DOC fees, so, that, plus holdback, plus factory /dealer incentives, plus the mark up on the car, left in the deal, is all theirs.

Don't feel bad on on your $200 + Plate/Tag fees, out here they run about $450 on a Lexus RX(Based on value of the car here). And, 8.9 % sales tax !
  • alosmurfalosmurf Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,
    Im a newbie in buying a new car. But i have my eyes on a car rx 350 2012, the mrs price is 39950 and include the option is 45k. So what is the best deal if i want to offer to the dealer ?
    And one more question : som of you said u buy the car for 46k + ttl. so it that mean u pay 46k and still need to pay for the ttl . Or the 46k is the out door price ">
  • coug1980coug1980 Member Posts: 2
    I am dumbfounded by the price being asked for 2011 or 2010 used RX 350s. They are so high, might as well buy a new one.

I want a white/black leather RX 350, AWD, comfort, premium, 12 speaker, wood, backup camera and parking assist. Edmunds says that after $875 destination, invoice is $43,948 and msrp is $46,990. TMV $45,749.

I live in Seattle but travel a fair bit, so I would go anywhere in west to get it. I don't think Seattle dealers are competitive.

Any suggestions on a real obtainable price and where to buy with minimal hassle???

Thanks.
    edited March 2012
    Yep, sounds like Certified RX price's . Usually, very nice cars too. Those are high here in the SW too. And, they sell very well. Especially the 2010, and 2011's as they have the new body style changes.

Keep in mind, there is room to negotiate in those too. That Factory/dealer certified warranty is a good one too,three years from your date of purchase, or 100, 000 miles. If you drive a lot it's a winner. You say you do.

Check the blue book value, both trade value, and retail, and you'll get a rough idea how much room to negotiate in these cars. plus add another $500 to wholesale value, probably $1000 added on to the retail by the dealers.. It does cost the dealer to 'Certify' a Lexus( probably about $300 +). Keep in mind too, that not all Used Lexus cars will qualify to be certified either. Only the better trades or leased returned cars are. Some were dealer loaners also. Those are usually low miles also .

When checking the blue book on these cars, you'll also notice they have them priced right up there at full dealer retail book. They will negotiate. These cars really keep there value, thus they get a bunch for them. Especially if the dealer has low inventory on new RX's .

You should be able to buy a nicely equiped with NAV, certified 2011 RX, low miles( under 15000), for around $37-38000.00 by negotiating. Thus about $5000 to 7000 less that a new one. A 2010 probably another $3000 to 5000 less that the 2011.

Regarding the 2012's , read back the messages here, and you'll see how the invoice on recent 12's was increased, quite a bit too. The great deals in the past are not possible now, Unless Lexus offers dealers some real incentives again.

Several on here have traveled to buy. A few have bought from Glendale Lexus, and done very well. Don't expect their best price over the phone though, so you will have to travel some. I suggest you go to one if you can with lots of inventory, and do your homework first. Know how much you are willing to buy the car for. And be ready to buy if you get your price, right then. These dealers aren't going to do much for you, IF you aren't ready to buy right then, if you get your price. Be(really) ready and tell them you are, and tell them what you will pay, or you will go elsewhere.

Important: If you are considering buying out of state..be sure to check with your state on Taxes if you do. And rules by law for the state you are buying in.
    Many thanks ggscolar and texaspa for all the advice. Ended up just under 45k plus TTL. Car arrives his week. Best I cold o with short time and banks to the forum for saving me a couple of grand.

Aiming for 10% off MSRP is a good start - think I need up close to 9% which is makes better than the opening gambits.

All the best
  • navionavio Member Posts: 8
    We have a 2012 rx350 AWD, 3500 miles. The steering appears to drift/pull to both sides, left and right. The dealer said the cars steering/suspension is designed to follow the crown of the road and that is why it pulls. This is our first Lexus and we wanted to know have any of you heard this and is this the typical driving characteristic of a Lexus. Thanks ahead for any imput
  • lexusiestlexusiest Member Posts: 5
    $39,200/-. Please let me know if this is a good price for the following config:
    a. 2010 RX350 AWD
    b. Comfort Package
    c. Navigation with dual DVD
    d. Premium Package
    e. Warranty 3Yr/100K

Extended warranty for 6 years / 100K = $2000.

Thanks for your help!
    I need a little more info on this car:

How many miles ?

1. Was it a 2 year leased return car ? If not, what ?

2. If it is certified as you say, there will be a copy of it's original MSRP Window sticker...So...
    ....What is that exact amount when new from the factory?

All the above will help to determine the Dealers ACV(actual cash value) he brought it back in from the lease . Most important on the deal you might get.

The $2000 for extended warranty, Is up to you. NO way for us to determine if a good deal or not, or necessary. Just like life insurance.
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    In SoCal you could get a new 2012 with those options for $5-$6k off MSRP. Don't know what part of country you are in but I would try that first especially since its the last few days of month.
    Hi Nazzy100,
    I am sorry about incomplete information. The car has 24k miles and the original price in 2010 was $50,500/-. The carfax says that it was leased car. I am in MA.

Thank you very much for your help!
    edited March 2012
    The $39000 asking price is right at max full retail /high book.

Most dealers start at that price on nice certified RX's.

If that car had a original MSRP on it of $50000.00, it is real well equipped for sure.

I 'd say you should be able to buy that car for about $36000 -$37000, at that dealer, if in the Boston area ,with some strong negotiating.

Since it is a certified Lexus, it is worth more than a non certified for sure. That warranty is a good one.

I don't know if it's still on or not, but Lexus had some nice financing offers recently, new or used/certified. 1.9 on new or 2.9 % APR on certified. Not bad these days.

Keep us advised.
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Nazzy100 for the information.
    I ended up buying the RX350 I mentioned for $39K. The dealer was not ready to negotiate the price down. In any case, I ended up trading my 2010 Forester 2.5X premium with 30K miles for $19K. Initially the dealer offered 16K but then increased it to 17K without me saying anything for the Forester and asked for a difference of 22K. I started at 19K difference and we agreed at 20K difference. Plus we got a 2.74% financing for 63 months.
    I don't know if I got the best price, but certainly the dealership people were very nice and kept up Lexus customer service expectations. Also, the car is awesome and we love it.
    Thanks!!!
    edited March 2012
    Congrats on your purchase.

When trades are involved it is really difficult to figure best deals. You'd have to know what the REAl (ACV) of your trade is to know. And dealers don't tell you that number. We do know that you can't get a real big discount on the car you are buying, and still get max retail for a trade. It's one or the other. Yours sounds like you probably did get a decent discount off the Lexus in the end total. The bottom line is all that counts, as you know.

You've got a nice car that we know. If it's your first RX, you're going to enjoy it. I've had two so far, and both have been great. Low maintenance, very comfortable to drive, and decent gas mileage for a SUV. And, a Lexus dealer treats you well too, when you are in for service or whatever. It's in their 'code'.The way a luxury car dealer should be. Too bad the others usually are not.

Did you spring for the extra $2000 warranty they were trying to sell you ?
    Yes, I did purchase the warranty for $2000 but I have 30 days to cancel it. I asked them if I can buy this later and they said no I can't as this is a CPO. If they had said I won't be able to cancel it, I don't think I would have bought that warranty.
    Without extra warranty, the car is covered for 3 yrs/100K miles
    With warranty, its covered for 6yrs/100K miles.
    Still trying to decide how much I would drive in 3 years given there are 75K miles remaining on the warranty.