Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2012
    As we said earlier, those extra policies are all about risk, and piece of mind I guess. I bought one on a Prius, I bought new in 2008. The factory warranty ran out on it last year. Since it is a hybrid, and I live in a hot climate, and it covered the main Battery($3000 to replace) plus lots of other hybrid stuff, I went for it, and I have an additional 5 years on top of the 3 years the factory one had. So far so good ..no issues where I had to use it ....yet.

As you say, how many miles do you drive, and does the extra warranty cover all the items the Certified does ? Any exceptions ?

I'm sure you'll do some reading on it. Maybe how many miles/age were on your 2010 trade or your other cars might help to decide. And how long you keep a car of course.
  • rahulbrahulb Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

All the discussions in this forum have helped me a lot in negotiating the right price for the car. But I am now stuck in the middle of negotiations. I shall be thankful if you guys can help me out.

How much should I pay for a 2012 Lexus RX 350, invoiced in feb end with the following specifications:
    AWD
    Navigation Package
    Premium Package
    Comfort Package
    Intuitive park Assist
    Towing Package
    Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Key Gloves.

MSRP: $49,598
    Dealer Invoice: $46,783
    KBB Fair Purchase Price: $46,503
    Edmunds TMV: $47,761

My initial offer was $45000 + TTL based on posts here: 90.7 % of MSRP: 45,000. Best dealer can offer is $46,000 + TTL and he is negotiating no more.

What should be the right price to buy this car?

PS: I am in a mid size midwestern town with no other Lexus delaerships in town. I have chaeched near by towns (as far as 300 miles). $46,000 + TTL is the best offer so far.
    edited March 2012
    You're very close.

I'd offer to split it with him, if you are really ready to buy it right then = $45500.00. Best not over the phone.

Is the actual car on the lot ? Or a dealer Trade ?

I think his invoice is $45300. Just my opinion. As you said, this is a newer invoiced car. Where did you get the invoice of $46783, from him ?
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for replying. His invoice is 46,277 + $ 506 (LDA = Lexus Advertising Fees). Dealership is in Des Moines, IA and they are not ready to reduce a single dollar below $46,000.

Any thoughts how prices are going to change for 2012 model after 2013 hits the showrooms?
    edited March 2012
    Did he show you that invoice ? I'm guessing he did of course.

These guys have a invoice they plan on showing, and it is not the real actual invoice price(cost) paid for the car. It is meant to be shown during negotiating. They know most shoppers want deep discounts. Thus they 'pack' the shown invoice.

I imagine that 2013 will not effect the 2012's a whole lot in the beginning. Since its' only a grill/bumper change, you might get a tad more off on the 2012, IF they even have much inventory for a while on the 2013's. Options prices on the 2013 I'm told , will be up again. But, there is a possibility, Lexus will come out with another coupon or buyers incentive offer when the 13's hit. Could be for the 12's or the 13.
  • tombustertombuster Member Posts: 2
    Any thoughts on 2010 Lexus RX 350 cpo for $33.5k?

27k miles, Original MSRP: $43k, non-NAV, 1 owner.
  • billylogan1billylogan1 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    They can do better than that.

I got $4480 off my new rx with MSRP of $45680 today in a midsize town. I neogotiated price between two dealers on phone, one in town, one 100 miles away. Talked to both for a week an got an offer at $41500 from the out of town dealer this morning. I knew there were a few hundred dollars room to squeeze. I called and offered 41k to the dealer in town and told him I will drive to the other dealership if he didn't accept it. He said he couldn't do it and counteroffered $41200. I called the other dealer and they couldn't match. So I knew it can't do any better and I walked in the dealership and picked up a color my wife likes.

With a bigger msrp, I'm sure you can knock off another several hundreds dollars. Good luck!
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. Did you get $1500 discount for having another competitive brand registered in the same household?
    No, I didn't own any vehicles of luxuar brand. I doubt I would get another $1500 off even if I had one. This incentive may not be very strict and they can offer to others.
  • myra326myra326 Member Posts: 1
    Should I not discuss whether or not I will trade my present vehicle until after I negotiate the price of the new car?
    Tombuster:

That actually sounds like a decent tprice for a 2010 CPO. What part of the country are you in ? That matters too.

Is that what you negotiated down, or asking price ?
  • tombustertombuster Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the NY/NJ area. They were asking $36k.
    May I ask, if you don't mind, what all cars were registered at your household before you bought Lexus? Thanks for your help.
    A jetta currently, once owned a civic and a taurus. Hope this helps.
  • sailakfansailakfan Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2012
    Hello everybody,

The asking price for a this is $38,900. What is a fair price I can negotiate. Do not want to low ball too much and hurt the relationship with the dealership as well. Thanks in advance.

These are the installed options and I could not find out the original msrp.

COMFORT PKG -inc: Bi-xenon high intensity discharge (HID) projector headlamps, adaptive front lighting system, auto high beams, rain-sensing auto wipers (REQ: PM Premium Pkg or LL Luxury Pkg) (CP)
    PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM -inc: auto sound levelizer (ASL), (12) speakers (REQ: LL Luxury Pkg or PM Premium Pkg) (EK)
    19" ALLOY WHEELS -inc: mud/snow tires (FT)
    LIGHT GRAY, SMOOTH PERFORATION LEATHER SEAT TRIM (REQ: CP Comfort Pkg or HS Seats) (LB10)
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST (PA)
    PREMIUM PKG -
    TOWING PREP PKG
    WHEEL LOCKS
    WOOD & LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL & SHIFT KNOB
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    There's no real reason to avoid discussing your trade unless you really are NOT sure if you're going to trade. You just need to be aware of both numbers - what you're getting for your trade, and what you're paying for the new vehicle. If the trade offer is much higher than you anticipated, you can probably expect the selling price of the new vehicle to be higher than anticipated.

Your best "weapon" is information rather than playing a game. Figure out what it will take for you to get the deal done - that is, negotiated price of the new vehicle - negotiated trade-in value = your final cost that will get the deal done for you.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• coconsumercoconsumer Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Bought a new 2012 well equipped RX350 on 3-30-2012. Sticker was $54,468. Paid $48278 plus 499.50 in dealer handling. Price included $1000 dealer rebate for customer loyalty, (repeat Lexus customer). $6190 off MSRP.
    Options included: Comfort Package, Heads Up Display, Luxury Package, Mark Levinson Premium Sound, Navigation Package, Intuitive Parking Assist, Towing Prep Package, Cargo mat, Floor Mat, Wheel Lock, Key Gloves and Roof Rack Cross Bars.
    Seemed like a reasonably good deal, love the car and really like the Mark Levinson stereo system. Dealer said 2013 model expected on dealer lots in 6-8 weeks.
  • coconsumercoconsumer Member Posts: 2
    Should have mentioned it is an AWD model.
    edited April 2012
    That asking price is what most dealers are asking on a 2011 , same equipment.

He's high, but, it is only a asking price.

You should be able to buy that car for $36000-37000, depending on your skills negotiating. It will be 3 years old as soon as a 2013 hits the lot. Which is very soon.
    Also, remind him that lots of 2010 two- year lease returns are now(true) starting to come back at various dealers. That's in your favor price wise.

He has it marked too high, probably because it does have low miles for a 2010, but, it's still too high. Remember, he's made money already on that car if it was a lease return. It is now a used car. Certified yes, but still a used car. Dealers mark up used cars a bunch. He probably has that one marked up at least $4000.

Let us know how it works out.
  • dallas_planodallas_plano Member Posts: 1
    It looks a great deal...Did you pay $48278 +500+TTL or just paid $48278+500 ?
  • uncleninjauncleninja Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2012
    Friends,

How much should I pay for:
    2010 RX 350 CPO
    v6, AWD
    14K miles
    Comfort package
    NO Navigation package

Asking price is $37K. Need to make an offer today.

Thanks !!
    Any help is appreciated. The range is too wide on the CPOs. Thanks!
    Hello nazzy100,
    Thanks for the reply. He did not budge and after a day the vehicle was sold. Well, thanks for the detailed reply and will keep it in mind while I am back to shopping. Not in a hurry so will wait to come across the right deal.
    sailafan- dont feel bad. Same story here. 2010 RX 350 14K CPO (non-Nav), asking for 37K. Did not budge. Wondering if 37-38K for NAV [and 35K for non-Nav] is really possible?

Thanks!
    edited April 2012
    As you say, you are not in a hurry, so another will come along.

These prices are different on CPO's all over the country. Supply and demand.

But, it is extremely unusual that a dealer will not budge from his initial asking price, as they do want to sell the car, and price them knowing they will have to discount. Most of these are at least $3000 -4000 over his cost at the first listed asking price.
    You might have a dealer that just might, need to have a $2000 deal on a 2010 , for now. Some dealers roll them for $1000 over, some $500.

The unknown of course is if that dealer has another offer or two in the works like yours,, and for what amount.

Also as we said, the 2010's are now rolling back to dealers from 2 year leases. So keep at it as those supplies roll in. The 2010 of course is a popular year, as that was the new body style. I'll bet you can really work some great deals in your area on a 2009 or 2008 CPO.

Keep us advised, and good hunting.
    hello lexusiest
    This is helpful info as I am look for my 2010 CPO.

did you pay $2000 for the warranty on top of the 39K price, or it was included in the 39K deal (i.e. 17K trade in + 20K payment + 2K warranty)?
    Thanks!
    hello nazzy100

My dealer is not ready to go below 36K+tax for the 2010 RX 350 14K CPO premium package (no comfort package, no Nav). Asking price was 37K in Chicago.

Based on the last few posts, it looks like I should be able to get this configuration for 35K.

Any thoughts/suggestions please?

Thanks!
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Rx3250 awd, with:
    backup camera,
    heated/ventilated seats
    intuitive park assist
    premium package
    cross bars
    door edge guards
    cargo mat,cargo net,wheels lock,key glove
    $46199....reduced to $43,000
    thrown in:
    mudgards,bodyside moldings and remote start...
    How does it sound?....2013 around the corner..good deal or bad?....ah Acura MDX 2011 base trade in $30K...
    About to make deal...
  • nm4710nm4710 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

Trying to purchase an RX350 for my mom as a gift...I know she will love it. Is there any way I can order the AWD model with heated seats and xenons without getting the entire navigation package? It looks like the convenience package is listed for $2000 or so on the Lexus site and has the equipment I want...can I add that to the base car or do I have to get everything with the nav as well for the $7k+ add-on?

Thanks,
    NM
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I went to Prestige in Nj and they are, as far as I am concerned one of the best around, in treatment,pricing and inventory.....
    2012 RX 350 AWD
    backup camera
    heated/ventilated seats
    Intuitive park assist
    Premium package
    door edge guards
    cargo mat,net,wheel locks and key glove
    wood & leather trimmed steering and shifter
    price:$45,940.00 sold $43,400.00
    ACURA mdx 2011 TRADE IN AT $32.500.....plus additional closing certif, (?)
    (they said that they hVE 1 LEFT?)
    thrown in bodyside molding,mudflps and remote starter.

Great people and no pressures just plain business.
  • lexusiestlexusiest Member Posts: 5
    $2000 for warranty was on the top of $39K car price. So the total was $41K.

Hope that helps. I went to 3 dealers with 2010 RX and none were ready to budge on the price. But be firm and walkout if you are not in hurry.

Hope it helps!
  • speedracer524speedracer524 Member Posts: 3
    I'm trying to purchase a 2012 RX350 (base model, no naviagation) and all 4 dealerships are wanting $45-46k (drive out price). It appears they won't negotiate much. Do any of you guys have any recommendation in lowering the price?
  • liza3liza3 Member Posts: 1
    Is tax included in this price?
    Yes, $45-46k does include taxes and fees. I am hoping to drive out for $40-41k. However, no dealership will accept my offer as of yet. Therefore, I am open to suggestion how to convince them.
  • gqscholargqscholar Member Posts: 18
    Lexus seems to have a interesting strategy this time around.

Think about it, when was the last time Lexus raised the invoive on the prev year model around 1.5 k, a few months before they ship out the new model year?

From what I am hearing, and have researched is bc of the declining dollar etc Lexus is holding a hard stance on keeping the value of their RX's around MSRP.

Rather than greatly increase the price of their 2013 RX to absorb the costs of the upgrades, they rather just keep the increase minor across the base and options, and just increase the invoice sold to the dealer and reduce the dealer incentives. Now buying the 2013 RX close to MSRP isn't that big of a deal, because your getting x, y and z which the 2012 didn't have.

Feb of 2012, they raised the invoice price (around 1.5 k) on the 2012 Lexus RX despite knowing that the 2013 will be out soon. From what I am hearing Lexus will make a strong push to sell the new 2013 close to MSRP, while allowing the 2012 RX's to be sold for a few K off of MSRP.

This will create the price difference needed between the two vehicles to get rid of the remaining 2012's.

Now of course if the market is flooded with RX's much like it was back in 2010, they would have no choice but to add more discounts, but they did smartly decrease the number of RX's produced which in most markets could really help in the supply and demand compartment for Lexus.

For example even with the release of the RX 2013 coming next month, Lexus is keeping to their new invoice prices (Feb 2012), and isn't giving much discount on any of their 2012 RX's.

Great deals were happening prior to the invoice increase and now the deals seemed to have decreased as the vehicles brought by the dealer prior to Feb 2012 are removed from the market.

Things are getting interesting, and I have no clue what price Lexus will offer their 2012 and 2013 for, but as of right now, it looks as if Lexus isn't panicking to get their 2012 off the lot, like they did in prior years like when the 2010's were coming out.

With all that said, I'm not sure you will be able to get some of the better deals others have got, for a 2012 at this time?

I'm really interested on how many 2013's will hit the floor, and how close to MSRP they will sell them.

Like I said before, if 2013 are selling close to MSRP, and 2012 are selling close to the new invoice (mid Feb 2012), than Lexus will create enough price differences to seprate the two vehicles wiithout having to actually up the 2013 MSRP price.
    I did some research on the 2012 rx350 and found out that in LA and San Diego, they sell the car for $3-4k less than Houston! I contacted the houston dealer to match their price, but they won't budge.... I'm wondering when the 2013 are coming out so maybe I can get a better deal on the 2012.

I also wonder why the lexus dealership in houston won't lower their price...I contacted all 4 dealerships and none of them will lower. :(
    I think the backlog of parts due to the Tsunami, to build enough cars to meet demand, is part of the reason for higher prices also. After all it has only been a year since that disaster. They are still behind.

The old supply and demand, causing dealers to hold tight on reducing deep discounts, along with the higher invoice prices as you say also.
    Seems a sort of 'pact' of all the Lexus dealers has begun, to keep the prices up there. Along with the sort supply of inventory, of even CPO 2010's, and folks holding on to their trades longer now, reducing those 10's and 11's, is another supply/ demand issue.

Also, lease returns to the dealer, affect how much a discount we can get on a CPO , 2010 or 2011.
    When those cars are leased originally, each one has a different actual cash value when it returns back to the dealer. That is because it all depends on how much discounting they did to make the lease. If you take two identical new cars and each go out on a lease, for identical down payments, each one can have different payments for the same lease period.
    The difference is, how much was discounted off the original MSRP when the car was leased. The dealer will use that amount just like his now- invoice on that used car, when he decides how much a deal you get when you are there to buy it as a used CPO.
    So, book value guiding him, and his (used)'invoice', plus mark up = ASKING Prices on the windows. Lots of variables here.

With the tough economy, these dealers had to do some deep discounting on their new cars leases, to get monthly payment down for those customers, and to make their down at time of lease minimal.

Again, lots of factor going on it seems .
    Another reason cars are discounting more in Calif, is the amount of inventory there, compared to other states. California sells many more cars, due to population.

Because of that, they get much more allocation from the factory.

More inventory means better discounts.

But, what doesn't change from state to state, is the invoice for same car...other than destination charges.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    Hello everyone
    I am planning to buy new 2012 rx 350 awd with premium,comfort, and navigation. 19-inch wheel,$47000+ny tax and doc fee=$52118 What is good deal anybody getting.
    Please let me know. Thanks
  • stock786stock786 Member Posts: 7
    2012 RX 350

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 39075.00
    Comfort Pkg: Rain Sensing Wipers w/Mist Contr 1950.00
    HID Headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting (AFS),
    Driver & Passenger Heated & Ventilated Seats
    12-speaker Premium Audio System ............ 110.00
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tir 660.00
    Navigation System with Voice Command, Lexus E 2465.00
    w/Destination Assist & eDestination (1-yr sub
    included), Lexus Insider, XM NavTraffic & Nav
    Weather (90 day trial subs included), Backup
    Camera & Remote Touch Controller ...........
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Premium Pkg: Leather Trim Int., One-Touch Ope 2400.00
    Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming Electrochromic P
    Heated Outside Mirrors, Pwr Rr Dr, USB Audio
    Driver''s Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settin
    Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy D 238.00
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove 255.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 8908.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 875.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 48858.00
    Your Pricing: $43595+TTL.
    additional 1500 rebate 1000 rebate and 500 discount so total price 42095 +TTL 1.9% for 60 months
    what everybody think is the deal good or is there any margin for negotiation want to close the deal on monday
  • jbmcelyjbmcely Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2012
    I bought my is250 here in Houston last July and couldn't get them to budge either think I got 2k off msrp and that was it. They gave me every excuse in the book and my sister bought the same car in CT for 4k less than me. I think it has to do with the fact there is about 6million people in and around Houston with only 4 dealerships. Drive around downtown, med center, rice, montrose and pretty much everywhere and you will see that they have no trouble selling their cars at their price so why would they budge. If you don't buy it the next person will. Sucks but unless you want to fly out and drive back we are stuck paying inflated prices.

edit: Just noticed your name, are you the same speedracer from l4p?
  • sjr200sjr200 Member Posts: 8
    Just as a follow up post, my wife absolutely loves her 2012 rx350 that I got her a few months back. This was our first Lexus and I am so impressed with the quality of the vehicle that I will be getting my own Lexus here in the next month or two, the 2013 GS 350 FSport ;)

The details of my deal were posted here sometime in Jan. However, it seems that I think a few of us that have posted can agree that living in Southern CA gives us an advantage as far as getting better prices over other parts of the country. The market here is extremely competitive. Just food for thought for all of you who don’t live in CA, you may just want to see if coming here and buying is worth your while.
  • star555star555 Member Posts: 1
    This deal looks good to me, I am in Dallas, where is this dealer located if you don't mind to share? Thanks.
    Its sewell, I think it will be more down if you wait alittle(depends on time you have)till the 2013 is out as I got a call from another dealership ready to work
    Thanks
    Hello,

Thanks for sharing the info. Is it Dallas or FW Sewell and could you please explain the rebate info in your original post. Is there any requirements for the rebate and what is the 500 discount. Congrats on the purchase.

additional 1500 rebate 1000 rebate and 500 discount so total price 42095
    +TTL 1.9% for 60 months
    edited April 2012
    dallas sewell 1000 rebate for lexus owners 500 is discount. , as i just ask a better deal then what they offered and no pressure,so 43595 -1000rebate , and 500 discount so 42095 +TTL the other figures i got without any negotiation, so I think we can get more then 500 if you negotiate
  • gqscholargqscholar Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2012
    Do you know the dealer or is their used website just way off?

They have a 2011 Lexus RX posted with 11k miles for around 42k.

http://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2011-Lexus-RX_350-FWD- _4dr-Dallas-TX/1720338483

They have another posted 2011 around 41 k

Your getting a new 2012 for less than that.
    I have a confirm deal, i have contacted the dealer by website and then dealt personally, Checked the forum i Think the price should be less
  • audioguy123audioguy123 Member Posts: 1
    Base price plus options is approximately $45,300 including delivery plus tax. I would like to get close to $40K plus tax. I am in no hurry so I can wait until the 2013's come out if it will help.

comments? (I live in Atlanta)
    I picked today, it seems 2013 are in by next week,few changes in navigation additional Apps, A little Facelift in front new userinterface but paid apps
    I think you can expect more 1000 down if you wait