Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• appa531appa531 Member Posts: 10
    Please check your pricing here. I called Sewell Lexus inquiring about this config and pricing. The sales guy laughed at his [non-permissible content removed] on the negotiated price for this config. However, he came close (43200) to this price on a 2013 RX 350 with no navigation. Was that your config? I do see a Nav package in your post.
    Dear Hosts,
    Did you get any data on a great deal on 2013 RX 350? Please post it here. I see a road full of RX 350s here but nobody seems bothered to enter their experience here.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    This is in Northern California. I will be visiting the dealer soon and would like to go with a pretty good number. Would appreciate your feedback...

2013 RX350 AWD NAV, Premium, comfort pkgs, parking assist, and other goodies..

thanks
    Swamy
    I am hitting the road tomorrow for shopping. My target price is $42,500 or less with no NAV. Good luck and please do post your experience.
  • sveomasveoma Member Posts: 4
    Hello There !

The best price i was able to get on 2013 RX-350 lease for 33 month / 10k a year was $565 with about $1800 out of pocket. I am in New York though
  • sam_gaptonsam_gapton Member Posts: 2
    I am not able to find any 2012 rx350. everybody is running out of it. One I found in detroit area is a demo car at the dealership. It has 2800 miles on it. he is ready to sell it for 42500 + tax is it a good deal ?
    it come with Nav, some other options, remote starter etc ..
    pls advise
  • northernplusnorthernplus Member Posts: 4
    What are the other options on the car? What is the MSRP on the car? Is it a color you will be happy with? Are the options that you really want to be on a car you purchase that are not on this car.

Norbert
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2012
    Ask that dealer to show you the original MSRP sticker, AND ask him if it was a 'loaner' car' not a demo. Not that 2800 miles is a bad thing. I assume he is selling it with a factory full warranty ? It's not a CPO car(never Tagged) .
    Since it was not previously owned, it may carry the standard new car warranty minus 2800 miles and time used , but not a CPO warranty. Find out for sure !

Price- wise I haven't booked it, but as another said here, we need that original MSRP from the sticker..not one made by the dealer..only the msrp, and then we can help you with price.

Let us know.
  • overland0715overland0715 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I am new to this discussion forum. And I like to seek your opinion on the offer ($40,900 + TTL, MSRP: $44,775) got on 2013 RX350 FWD with following options:
    - Premium pkg,
    - Lexus display audio pkg,
    - Heated ventilated front seats,
    - Wood leather trim steering & knob

FYI - I am in Southern California.

Do you think there is any wiggle room for further price cut?
    And I have a car to trade-in. Should I make a deal on the trade in value first or later?

Thanks much,
    Overland0715
  • mrsunnymrsunny Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Hello friends,
    Just bought a New 2013 Lexus RX350 FWD(Ext:Starfire Pearl) with Lexus Display Audio / Back Up Camera Package(No Nav) for $42.5K Out the door in Bayarea, California. The combined TTL fee for my county is 8.75%. So, I pretty much got it for the MSRP. My car's sticker reads the following.

Premium pkg,
    - Lexus display audio pkg,
    - Heated ventilated front seats,
    - Wood leather trim steering & knob

The dealer said that the 0.9% apr offer applies only to 2012 models and finally agreed for 2.09% loan rate as I have a good credit score. I also bought a 5 yr, 50,000 miles maintenance package for around $1895.00. So, the total cost was $44,500.00 including everything. The new car runs like a champ...I am loving it so much. Good Luck folks!!!
    Just bought 2012 RX 350 w/Premium Package. It costs me $44550 out the door and I got 0.9 APR. Did I over pay for it?
    Did yours include the Nav package & AWD?

If it is with the above two options then it is definitely a great deal given the fact that you are getting the 0.9% APR.

My thoughts are...the interest rate itself saves you a minimun of $1500 over the loan tenure of 60 months.
    AWD and the Navigation package combined another $3000; So, IMO the deal factor(or Over pay) depends on the above criteria.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    Can you please tell me which dealership in Bay area? My deal to get 2013 fell thru, and I need to find another dealer..

thanks
    Hello Swamy,
    It's Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA. My earlier post with all the details has been removed by the moderator yesterday as it included my email address I guess.
    The quote that I got from this dealership for the model you are looking for with all the options is $44837 where as the MSRP is $49619; The options on this model are:Nav Pkg; Premium pkg;Towing Prep Pkg; Cargo mat accessroies; Cross bars; 19" wheels; if you bargain nicely they may even lower the price by one more grand; Good Luck!!!
  • hemi57hemi57 Member Posts: 11
    I have been working with Lexus of Escondido for nearly a month on this purchase. I finally closed the deal and received my vehicle yesterday here in Michigan. They gave me a great deal and worth the wait.
    2012 RX350 Starfire pearl/Parchment
    AWD, Nav, Appearance package
    MSRP 49.3k
    Sale Price 42.6 +TTL +Shipping to MI
    I financed this purchase at 0.9%. If it was a cash sale then the process would have been lot quicker. The internet sales manager and his associate have been very patient & quick in responding to phone calls and emails.
    Thanks to all forum members & especially "Sailakfan" for providing the lead.
    -bye :)
  • northernplusnorthernplus Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great price for sure. What were all the options on the car. One doesn't go from AWD, Nav, and appearance package to $49K plus.

All the best on a great deal...

Norbert
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    Hi all,

Am looking at leasing a 2013 Lexus RX with all the bells and whistles, minus the remote start. So would have navigation, leather, fully loaded options. Looking at a price tag of $47,895 as the listed cost of the vehicle.

For the lease it looks like $636 a month for 36 months. Will be paying that all up front, so looking at a price of $22,909.80 (total of monthly payments). Looks like the residual will be $31,781.75; now I am confused because my monthly payment total of $23k plus the $32k residual I would have to pay if I decided to own after 3 years puts the price tag of the vehicle at around $56k so it seems to me dealer is getting off really well and I am losing money (and or paying more than I would if I just bought the car outright)

Does anyone have any input on this? Because $56k if leased and purchased after 3 years vs. $48k if purchased immediately seems ridiculous and or a bit off.

Thanks for any and all help.
    edited July 2012
    That 47, 800 must be the MSRP ?

Why not buy it with that hugh down or less ? Or do you need a tax break IRS..business ? That's a mighty large down certainly for a lease.

When you lease, you need to negotiate the price down just like you are buying a car, so you need to do that if you must lease. You will get then a much better Monthly lease payment, and don' t let them play with that bring back value. You may not even want the car at the end of three years.

You can buy that car outright for about 10% or better off the MSRP with some strong negotiating on your part..that makes the car about 43000 plus T&L, minus whatever you want to put down...and get that 0.9 APR financing(that's cheap money) to boot with good credit and maybe under $10000 down. I think on financing, a loan of EACH $10, 000 at 0.9% =$170 month payment.Multiply x 3 for $30000, etc. You can finance $35000 for under $600 a month payment at that %0.9. Put the cash savings into a Vanguard fund, and make some money on it or put it in your 401K/IRA.

What city are you in ?

Just my 10 cents worth..you asked. Hope others will chime in here.
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for your input - am putting down the money upfront because it would be easier for me to do so, no real reason - just want to get payments out of the way. Basically I want the ability to have the car for 3 years and either move on to another car or if I love it - buy it. The 47,800 isn't MSRP, dealer brought that down about $1,000, so was originally more like $49k which for a 2013 didn't think would happen. I am looking at Ira Lexus Danvers, MA - thanks again for your thoughts.
    Hope this info helps others in their Lexus purchase.

I just bought 2013 RX 350 FWD with following options:
    - 19" alloy wheel
    - Heated, ventilated front seats
    - Navigation
    - Parking assist
    - Premium pkg
    - Wood, leather steering wheel & knob
    - Cross bars
    - Cargo mat, net, wheel locks & key glove

OTD: $46,357.
    I hope this is a good deal.
    FYI - I am in So. Cal.
    -overland0715
  • sam_gaptonsam_gapton Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the inputs. the Original MSRP is 49789. Yes it comes with new car warranty.

But I decided it pass it on. I would rather pay 1-2K more for a 'real' new car.
  • 12thmonkey12thmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

The options you chose are pretty close to what I am looking for in 2013 .

Your OTD price of 46,457 was that including taxes and other charges ?

If so can you post what you paid excluding sales taxe.

Thanks in Advance
    Yes, my OTD price of 46,457 includes tax, title and fees.
    Selling price is $42,783 + fees of $109 not including the sales tax. Please let me know if you need name of the dealer.

-overland0715 :)
  • 12thmonkey12thmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Thats a great price , seems like its 2K less than invoice I will see if I can get close to that..

Thanks
  • shawn123shawn123 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased 2012 Rx350. The M.S.R.P was $49117 and i got it for $42000 plus my trade and difference on taxes, So did i get a good deal or Not so much of good deal?
    No way to tell since you have a trade involved and we don't know the real actual cash bank value(appraisal) of it.
  • chughmanishchughmanish Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Sorry for late response. I did buy this vehicle and just wanted to update the post here for closure of the loop.

Dealer did drop price at once as it felt in the posting on forum. It took few hours with multiple calls. From 38500 to 37500 bottom he took 1/2 hour. Initial drop from 40,800 to 38500 was really tough.

I finally end up buying it on the same day at 37500+tax+$55Doc fee = On road around 40500. I got 0.9% for 48 months and 3 year 100,000 mile CPO.

I am not sure whether it was the right deal, but at the end I got a closer to very new and cleaner vehicle which was regularly maintained and show it in car fax.
  • chughmanishchughmanish Member Posts: 7
    Nazzy, I just updated the posts here with above message that I end up buying that vehicle. But i would interested in hearing your comments on it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance.
    Just for those who are interested to knowing the pricing, equipment and options for the car I bought just couple of weeks ago here in Bay area, CA. My car's sticker reads the following...

Vehicle Base Model ..........................................:$ 39310.00

Lexus Display Audio package includes................$860.00
    [7-inch display screen, HD Radio with iTunes tagging
    advanced bluetooth technology, Backup camera,
    Single CD player, 12-speaker premium audio system]

Heated and ventilated power seats...................$640.00
    Intuitive Parking Assist ...........................$500.00
    [Premium Pkg includes Leather Trim Int, One-Touch....$2400.00
    Open/Close Moonroof, Power folding electrochromic heated outside mirrors,
    Heated Outside Mirrors, Pwr Rr Dr, USB Audio
    Driver's Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings]
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift knob..$330.00

Sub-Total = $43,900.00
    Delivery, Processing and handling fee.............. $875.00
    Total $44,775.00

But I paid only $42,500.00 Out the door inclusive of all Taxes, Title & Reg. I bought it on June 30th which was month end, quarter end and weekend :)
  • chimel07chimel07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi overland071. The deal you got seems good. I am thinking of getting the same vehicle. I also live in so cal. I own an MB, but don't plan to trade. Would I qualify for a 1,500. for opting for Lex vs. MB. ? Like everyone else, i like to lower the sticker price. What were some of the stadard feature, lik sound, tc.
    Hi Chimel07,

I did not hear about $1500 for going for Lexus over MB.
    I got my purchase price negotiated over the e-mails before signing any documents. Name of the dealer is Lexus of Valencia - visit their website, contact the internet department sales manager.

-overland0715
  • growingfamilygrowingfamily Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    I am looking to buy a basic 2012/2013 RX 350, I don't need much just a basic, is there anywhere I can get it OTD for $40K ? My car was totalled last week and I need to buy one asap. I am in Los Angeles area. Thank you.
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    Hello overland0715,
    What is the MSRP of your 2013 RX350? I just want to figure out your total discount off the MSRP. Does your selling price of $42,783 include Destination (shipping) charge? I am also from southern CA. Thanks.
    Hi bwmc,

MSRP is $47,974 and my selling price of $42,783 includes the destination charge. Give the Lexus of Valencia a call for a good deal. I contacted at least 5-6 dealerships around los angeles & ventura county areas and the dealer at Valencia was the only one who was upfront about their invoice prices (with breakdown of all the options/packages included).

Good luck in shopping for your new ride!

-overland0715
  • hungtlamhungtlam Member Posts: 5
    Hello Mrsunny,
    I am actually looking for the exactly model and package as your car. The dealer in Concord CA want $47,600 + TAX. I know that is too much, I did not give them my offer. Can you please let me know, which dealer you purchased from? Your purchase of $42,500 is a very good buy. Thanks.
    Hello - So i visited a Lexus dealer in Concord, California. I am looking at a 2013 FWD, with premium package, plus HID/Navigation. Dealer wanted $47,500 + TAX. Dealer said their invoice is 47,500. How much should even offer OUT THE DOOR price. Thanks.
  • iheartcars2iheartcars2 Member Posts: 1
    I find this hard to believe. If you check Truecar.com you will see that the dealer invoice on the vehicle you bought (2013 RX 350 FWD w/o navigation) is $42,477. If you live in CA your total fees are about 9.5% (tax & license). Simple math tells us that you actually bought the car for $38,800. This $3,677 below dealer invoice. Unlikely! or should I say impossible. Unless you live in a state that has no sales tax and just DMV fees then that makes sense. Otherwise you are either not telling the truth or there is something you are missing. Thank you and have a nice day.
    Please see my previous post for complete dealer information. It's Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA in Bayarea. :shades: Thanks and Good Luck!!!
    I don't see a benefit in lying however, I posted all the details so that someone can be benefited from the pricing after all we are here to help each other. Anyway coming to the details my base price is $39,025 and all the other taxes, Reg, license fees etc summed up to 3474.70. I live in Sacramento, CA where the Sales Tax is 7.75%. I was in contact with the salesguy online for about 2 weeks and spoke to him few times over the phone before I drove 150 miles to close the deal on a month end, quarter end and also a weekend on June 30th. I guess I got lucky but it took a great deal of patience, research and persistence. The dealer also sold me Lexus prepaid maintenance plan(5yrs 50K) for $1900 but am canceling it this week as I decided not to keep it. Please check my previous post for other details. Good Luck :shades:
  • coolagentmi6coolagentmi6 Member Posts: 5
    I live in Maryland and I have checked with 3 different dealers and the lowest offer I have for a 2013 RX350 AWD + Premium Pkg + Nav Pkg + Taxes + Tag for 50K flat. Is this a good price ? Should I go ahead and buy ?

I am looking for a Black in Black model.
    Cool...

Tell us the exact bottom RETAIL price off the window sticker(factory)MSRP, of the exact car you are talking about and many here can help you.

Not enough info...and sounds like a telephone call price, or a walking in in the lot price with no negotiations ?

Give us more info ?
    The dealer quoted on a 2013 RX350 FWD with premium package, include HID/Navigatiom. MSRP $48,919.00. How much should I offer Out of the door., this will include tax and any fees. I am in the Bay Area.
  • bwmcbwmc Member Posts: 10
    Hello overland0715,

Thanks for the info. You certainly had one of the best discounts here. I will get a few quotes from them. Have a nice week.

bwmc
    hello overland0715,

Your selling price of $42,783, does that include tax yet? Thanks.
  • john_ngusjohn_ngus Member Posts: 5
    I called Lexus of Valencia and Putnam but this posting of $3677 is impossible and probably not true. They are willing to take off $2000 off invoice and $1700 respectively but that is it , No more negotiation which proves these are not true.

2013 RX 350 FWD Nav, premium, comfort
    Msrp 47974
    Invoice 45283
    Your price 43283 + destination + Tax

2013 RX 350 AWD (not accurate) Nav, Premium, comfort, 19", Crossbar
    Msrp 49750
    Invoice 46800
    Your price 44800 + destination + Tax

If you get this deal, you should be lucky. $3677 off is simply not practical or may be a loaner or a DEMO car with some miles, the dealer is in business to make money not just to sell us cars. So i think this may be practical. I am trying for this in my region today, I will post on the outcome tomorrow.
    The selling price of $42,783 does not include the sales tax, license.

-overland0715
    Hi bmwc,

FYI - the dealer at Escondido was willing to match the price I got from Valencia! But I didn't see any point of driving extra miles.

Also try to negotiate the financing rate! If you try, you could get a rate close to 2% or even less.

Cheers!
    -overland0715
    I am only able to get $1000 off the invoice. On an AWD, they are not giving $2000 off as the dealer has to trade to get an AWD with Nav. He has over 30 FWD but only 3 AWD. Max of $1000 off from invoice. Anyone able to get a better deal on a 2013 RX 350 AWD , Nav, Premium, Comfort ?
  • lexusrx350newlexusrx350new Member Posts: 18
    2013 RX 350 AWD (Not 2012, not FWD)
    Premium Package
    Parking Assist
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Heated and Ventilated Seats
    NoNavigation
    Deepseamica, parchment interior
    Saleprice including destination: $41800. OTD including the dealer fees etc: $43700.
    1.9% for 60months
    Tire and wheel protection(not included in above) available for $585 for 3 years unlimited use.

Let me know if this is a good deal.

Should I buy any other accessories. Can anyone suggest? Dealer is willing to throw in anything at their cost price versus the invoice price.
    edited July 2012
    What is the MSRP and invoice. So we can determine how much off the invoice price ? You are approximately a $1000 below invoice.
    Here is a rough estimate of AWD non Nav

MSRP
    $45,175
    Factory Invoice
    $42,809
    Dealer Cost
    $41,994