Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    Correction on #464 above, I meant to write "....I had drove by ..." NOT " .....I had drove ny....." apologies. Also to add, Lexus of Seattle gives unlimited car wash, something I didn't know before, but then, maybe every Lesux dealer offers that .....
  • deekay18deekay18 Guest Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a second vehicle most likely a SUV.

I like the RX 350 FWD but I do not want any options with it, just the base.

Is it realistic to be able to get one with no options and at invoice or better?

Thanks.
  • lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    You might want to ask your dealer for a used corporate vehicle. My understanding is they have these as loaners and as vehicles for their executives to drive. They go in service for a year and are then sold through the dealerships. I bought an '04 330 this way and am very happy with my purchase. Just be sure it is CPO (certified pre-owned) so you get the full warranty.

--L
  • tomtom6tomtom6 Member Posts: 1
    I have in writing a deal on a '08 RX 350 AWD with Nav. for $41,500 TOTAL. Is this a good deal? Have until Saturday to decide.

Can You PL let us know which dealrship is offering this price. Thank you
  • robin94539robin94539 Member Posts: 5
    My friend got an 07 AWD with Nav for $38600(plus Tax+Lic+Doc) one month ago in San Francisco Bay area. There is no big difference between 07 and 08 models.
  • glk2glk2 Member Posts: 13
    '07 RX 350 w/AWD, Prem+ pkg/luxure features and Nav., is availabla for $2000 below invoice ($40,769) - making it $38,769 + doc fee ($55). If anyone is in the market, try South Bay Lexus (initials of sales person - GR) or Lexus of Riverside (AG). Your only challenge will be getting the color you want due to diminishing supply since they are no longer being manufactured. However, these sales people will do their best to locate the color.
  • eastwingeastwing Member Posts: 78
    Thank you for the info. I am in Minnesota but am interested in buying from CA (the price is very competitative). Do you know if they deliver out-of-state and approxmitely how much is the delivery charge?
  • twoptwop Member Posts: 1
    in market for 07 Rx35 in nw suburban chicago. looking for any good deal expected price to pay info.

Also, when are the 08's coming out?
  • mememe2mememe2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the South East. The Carolina's, and from what I've read CA has the better deals for sure! That's just not an option for me...too far away.
    Delivering out of state is not a problem. The price would depend on your location, of course ($750 to Colorado). California is not an AWD environment, so these sales people are willing to work with you, are very professional, courteous, and do a great job. Good luck!
    Thank you glk2. Even for a 1K delivery, the price is still good. (But I might consider driving it back....) One more quetion: did you buy out-of-state? How did you pay the sales tax? I think you need to pay the sales tax for the state where you live, not where you buy from. Is this correct? Thanks.
  • metfan4lifemetfan4life Member Posts: 3
    purchased an AWD RX350 with prem plus + NAV in central NJ for 39K + TTL. MSRP for 47560 + TTL. was expecting to pay 40+ but the dealers are ready to deal. ray catena and warnock were very ready and willing.
  • webguy714webguy714 Member Posts: 2
    What's the best deal u guys have seen for an RX350 FWD w/Premium Plus Package here in the LA/OC area? The best price I've found thus far is thru carsdirect.com @ 34,360...with Mission Viejo Lexus coming in at $34,411..
  • webguy714webguy714 Member Posts: 2
    What's the best deal u guys have seen for an RX350 FWD w/Premium Plus Package here in the LA/OC area? The best price I've found thus far is thru carsdirect.com @ 34,360...with Mission Viejo Lexus coming in at $34,411..
    Eastwing ~ I ended up buying out of state because I couldn't find a good deal in Colorado. This is definitely an AWD state, so the dealers aren't willing to negotiate even close to the invoice price, and I wasn't willing to pay their additional "fluff" fee, either. You are correct ~ the sales tax needs to be paid in the state you reside in. My car is enroute, so I will take care of that when it arrives. I don't know yet if CO requires the MSO before registration can occur (this is equivalent to a "birth certificate" for the car, provided by the manufacturer, and requested by the DMV). I will probably get a temporary reg. until that arrives, but it's all part of the process, and "do-able". Hope this helps!
    This helps. Thanks!
  • gtophgtoph Member Posts: 22
    I had the same problem (only for a 400h). I'm in the process of getting it registered and just FYI Colorado does need the MSO and a VIN verification which I have to get still. I did get a 90 temp though with no hassles. Just show them a copy of the paperwork.
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    Great deal! I'm considering the RX or Acra RDX. I hear the ride of the RX is much better. Di
    Have you purchased your RX yet? If so, did you buy at Bellevue or Seattle ans what did you end up paying?
    Thanks.
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    I test drove the new 4Runner. A week later, I test drove the RDX and MDX within an hour. Then I got out of the Acura Dealer and drove straight to the Lexus dealer, and test drove the RX350.

RX350 is a much more superior driving machine, and I liked it so much that I ended up getting it the same day. But do test drive everything else before you test drive the RX350.
    Thanks, gtoph. Appreciate the info on Colorado DMV requirements. My car has still not arrived and I'm hopeful it will today prior to the predicted blizzard! I was told no less than 5 days, and no more than 10, so it should be soon.
    Thanks. I've just been told by the Lexus dealer in Seattle that they have no more 2007 RX 350, only the 2008 models. I'm afraid I'm going to be socked for full MSRP. I may try Portland or California, where a Lexus is like an Accord - everywhere.
    I'm sure if you spent 5 minutes talking to them you could get at least a 1000 off of MSRP. Take another 30 and you could probably get a couple off. Don't fall for the line of "their popular and they are selling for MSRP"... or "look, KBB says their selling for over MSRP". (I got both lines by the way) That's just BS, only a fool would actually pay MSRP+.

Some areas are better than others, so if they don't come close to the figure you have in mind (as long as you have done your homework and your number is reasonable), shop around... even with shipping it might be cheaper. Just don't forget to go back to your local dealer with the other offers you might have and see if they'll do any better.
    You're talking about the 2008 as well as the 2007?

I certainly wouldn't pay more than MSRP, no matter what they say. Yes, I am in the process of getting regional quotes now. Thanks.
    I talked with a friend who bought his car out-of-state last year. he said that the MSO was prepared by the dealer, and all he did was going to local DMV to pay the sales tax and get the car registered. It was easy - according to him.
    Both. Like I've said before, I got the 400h, (that forum has been dead for a while so I've been lurking here. :) ), but same principle.

Anywho, I wanted the 2007 and contacted the local dealers via the phone/net. There is only one dealer that is fairly close to me so after emailing them, I went in and talked to them as well. When it got down to price, they said something like our internet offer is which was something like 1000 off MSRP (if that). I had a target figure in mind and that wasn't even close.

This is when I got the line of "it's a new car and people are paying MSRP blah blah blah". After 30 minutes or so, I did manage to get around 2500 or so off, but still not around what I wanted to pay. So we left. The other "local" dealers did do any better.

Long story short, found a dealer in So Cal that ended up doing around 4700 off which was pretty darn close to the numbers I had come up with.

If you haven't found the holdback, wholesale and TDA number for the specific one you want, I would advise you to do so, so you know where abouts you should be for a final offer.
    Ya, a little more involved, but not that big of deal. There's really nothing to prepare on the MSO. It's basically like a title transfer.... all they do is fill out the addresses and sign their name.

Dunno about your friend, but at least here they require a VIN verification as well; no biggie, just a matter of finding time to get it done. :)
  • pablo651pablo651 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a 2008 RX350 2WD with Navigation & Premium Plus yesterday in Las Vegas. MSRP $44,146 I offered $40,700 and they snapped it up without any haggle. Picking up the vehicle Wednesday and my wife can't wait.
    What is TDA?
  • pk2949pk2949 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to buy a RX 350 (2007 or 2008) from one of the california dealerships. Which one is giving a good deal at present. I contacted putnam but they are only offering the MSRP price.
  • robin94539robin94539 Member Posts: 5
    You can try Coliseum Lexus of Oakland and speak to Jeremy from whom I got my RX350.
  • harapaharapa Member Posts: 6
    Intrested in knowing recent sale price for 2007 RX350 with premium plus package(and standard NE zone options) but w/o Navigation in central NJ. Thanks
    Try Southbay Lexus (initials of salesperson is GR)....giving $2000 below invoice on an '07 RX 350 w/prem. plus pkg & nav.
  • pablo651pablo651 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted by Lexus of Westminister for a 2008 RX350 2WD with Nav & Premium Plus MSRP 44146 for $40340.
  • hbc75hbc75 Member Posts: 37
    Try Southbay Lexus (initials of salesperson is GR)....giving $2000 below invoice on an '07 RX 350 w/prem. plus pkg & nav.

What is the invoice on this vehicle?
    Toyota dealer advertising. I haven't been able to find out if it's a percentage or a set amount, but basically the dealership gets that back as well. It's supposed to help with local advertising and such.
    You should really find out the true invoice and haggle your way up from there. If that was their first offer, you could probably still do a little better.
    Invoice was $40,769 (prem +; navigation; towing pkg; wheel locks; 18" wheels; wheel locks). MSRP was $45,706.
  • rosco007rosco007 Member Posts: 1
    I've seen several requests for info on good deals in the SE and Atlanta but few responses. Has anyone received a good deal on an RX in this part of the world? I'm looking for FWD with Nav & Premium Plus and have been told that there are few 2007's equiped like that available and dealers aren't willing to give much of a discount on 2008 models.

Can a dealer install a Lexus nav system in a model that didn't come from the factory with one?
  • gatortalegatortale Member Posts: 4
    I am w/ Rosco, where to buy for a great deal?. My local Lexus of Jax internet price on an 07 was $1100 over invoice, $1000 under MSRP for 08. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Sorry, but I'll drive anywhere just not to deal with this Stealer.

Also, what is true invoice? I have Invoice costs at Carquotes.com, much higher than Edmunds! Which should I use?
  • msrkumarmsrkumar Member Posts: 8
    I bought an'07 RX 350 AWd w Navi at Woodfield Lexus in Chicagoland area today. There was a $500 sales certificate from Lexus for visiting their display at the autoshow and the dealer promised to match the discount for a total discount of $1000. After all discounts, the final price was $39,116 + TTL. The internet sales guy was great. pm me for more info and the salesman's name if you need it. Had a Carmax appraisal of my trade in; they could not quite match it, but came close and threw in freebies to seal the deal. Would recommend them. Other dealers in the area could not match this deal. :)
  • yrx300yrx300 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a good deal in the New York Tri-State area? Would anyone share they final cost to purchase either a 2007 or 2008 RX350 and where did you get it from. Also what is the true invoice for RX350? Any reply would be appreciated!
  • rivergirl2rivergirl2 Member Posts: 9
    If you need an upstate NY dealer, contact me. I have bought 6 cars from him(can you believe I am on my 6th Lexus(3rd SUV)? Obviously I like his service enough to go back 6 times - that says it all.
  • freebird4freebird4 Member Posts: 2
    Nice. Just purchased '08 RX350 AWD, Nav, Prem+ for $42,206 from Lexus of Naperville..$3,500 below sticker. 'O7s were going fast and wife wanted white ext. so had to do the '08.

They tried hard on the ext. warranty, but just couldn't do it. Offer $1,300 for 6yr, 70,000 platinum with $0 deduct. Since mfr warranty covers drive train 6/70,000 just couldn't see the value for the money. Great sales guy.. first name Ovid. Dealership is also nice.
  • freebird4freebird4 Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased the '08 AWD w/NAV, prem. plus. We checked Arlington Lexus in Palatine, Woodfield, McGrath and Naperville. Woodfield is largest in area, and they started with offer of $2,500 below sticker. Arlington offered $1,500 below sticker and balked at moving further. Naperville gave us $3,500 below sticker and they were great to work with. We had also purchased same car there 6.5 years ago. Good luck.
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    Closed deal last night -
    2007 RX 350 AWD with standard packages (leather, etc.)
    MSRP - $41,746
    Added XM Radio, Cargo Mat and some security thing that was on the car that I don't even know what it was - price was $295
    Paid $37,500

Probably could have haggled some more, but they wore me down :)
  • msrkumarmsrkumar Member Posts: 8
    Freebird4,
    That's a good deal as well. My salesman at Woodfield told me that they were dealing '08's at only 1500 over '07 prices- but I did not dig deeper. They were not pushy with the Extended warranty- but quoted me $2200 for a 7 yr platinum 0 deduct/100000 miles. I have emailed a few dealers- so far the best offer has been $1605 for the same. I think I will buy the warranty after 3 years if I think I need it at that time. Enjoy your RX! :D
  • ckigerckiger Member Posts: 4
    Drove home with a Lexus RX350 that I purchased from Lexus of Tulsa. I live in Texas, but this was the only dealer in TX or OK that had the color I wanted. The OKC dealership was nice, but had the attitude of "we get 1200 cars a year from Lexus and we sell every one of them"

In Tulsa, the internet manager (initials AF) gave me a very reasonable quote right off the bat. They were over $1000 less than same dealer in OKC. They even paid for my one way plane ticket out there.

Had a wonderful experience with this dealership and my wife absolutelyu loves the new car!
  • billy2jonebilly2jone Member Posts: 15
    dear sir, I am just curious if you put a deposit on the car? If you did it would not have sold. Get with it sir.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats Ckiger on your new car purchase.
    If possible can you please tell us about what package you got, and what was the MSRP and how much you paid for it?
    Thankyou