Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tonycatonyca Member Posts: 12
    lexusrx350new:

Congratulate on getting your new RX350.

My one at MSRP48,494 has similar package as you had. It inlcudeds Premium Package with Blind Spot Monitor, 19" Alloy Wheel, Navigation, Cross Bar, Heated and Ventilated Seat, Parking Assist, Wood Steering, plus Preferred Accessories Package. Display Audio should be included in Navigation Option.
    $5500 discount is definitely the best I saw. But your final discount at $4000 is also pretty good.
  • puneetbpuneetb Member Posts: 1
    Hi:

I am also planning to buy a 2013 AWD in the NJ/Philly area. Can you suggest the dealers which offer the most competitive pricing?
    Thanks.
  • chimpi99chimpi99 Member Posts: 15
    dealornot,

can you let me know the dealer you worked with DFW?
  • winglcoudswinglcouds Member Posts: 7
    i got mine at tri state lexus because they are close to me and they are the first one that offer me the cheaper deal.but Prestige Lexus do offer around the same after i got mine. because they call back a week later after i already got the car
  • dealornotdealornot Member Posts: 8
    Sewell Lexus.. quote was $4k of MSRP.
  • sam4unc1sam4unc1 Member Posts: 4
    the best they will do is 43,300. They are not very generous in North Carolina
  • rx350lesseerx350lessee Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2012
    Folks,

I've been lurking around here and find this forum very informative. However, since this is also a very active forum, I didn't exactly find the answers (they might be out there, probably just don't know how to find them) to the questions I have.

I live in FL and am planning on taking advantage of the Golden Opportunity Sales Event to lease an RX350 (FWD + Premium Package - ~43K or AWD + Nav/Backup Camera Package - ~46.5K) for 24 months/10K miles. Here's the list of questions I have:

1. What would be considered good deals as far as the selling prices for the aforementioned cars go?

2. What would be considered good residuals?

3. What are LFS's tiers (along with corresponding MFs)? Putting ~$4K down, i.e., $2,995.00 + other fees.

4. I'm asking the question above because I've been using FreeCreditReport.com to monitor my CR for at least 4 years now. However, after speaking with a myFICO.com rep I found out that they, i.e., myFICO.com, are the only ones who actually calculate scores lenders use to make decisions. According to that rep all others do is simply report data they get from the bureaus. Is that true? I hope not because there's a huge gap between scores. FCR.com: 725(EX)/709 (EQ)/719(TU) x myFICO.com: 637 (EQ)/663(TU) x WM FICO: 681... :cry:

5. If what the myFICO.com rep said is true, would someone with those FICO scores get approved? My scores used to be a LOT higher than that (well, at least according to FCR.com), but due to illness in the family late last year I was forced to make (4) 30-day late mortgage payments. :( The account has been in good standing for at least 6 months now, but those late payments really did put a dent on my score... :(

Thank you all very much in advance!
    I have freecredit.com and my score is 690. Lexus used the 690. They also seem to have some wiggle room on it. They came back with 3.01 and I said no and it came down to 2.59, so even though I didn't get the 1.99, it's still pretty good.
    Hello dealornot,

Thanks much for that!

Yes, I had already checked my TU score. I mean, directly from them - 714 (a little lower than the 719 I saw on FCR.com). I'm glad LFS will likely use these higher scores.

To be honest with you I think that even 3.01 is not that bad - I did some research and saw that the average rate is ~2.92% (36 mos). I'd say you got a decent rate @ 2.59%... Congrats!
  • bgmonbgmon Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Just got my car delivered from dallas. Here's my thread from club Lexus;

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/649288-2013-fwd-rx-for-44-39- - 8-good-price.html
    Finally got my RX350 FWD Nebula Grey with:

Parchment Interior
    Premium Package with Blind Spot Monitoring
    Sports Apperance
    Navigation
    Heated and Ventilated Seats
    Wooded Knob
    Parking Assist
    Cross Bars
    Preferred Accessories Package

MSRP $48,824 and Offer is $43,992 plus TTL. Also bought extended 4-year warranty/75k for $2K. Financed at 1.9% for total price.

Only thing not so perfect is it comes with Dunlop.
  • davisesq212davisesq212 Member Posts: 6
    Just looked at the 2013 RX AWD. Love it. Price not sure about so I need advice. I got written up for $47,850. This is for Obsidien/black interior AND
    1) comfort package (xenon headlights)
    2) navi
    3) Intuitive park assist
    4) Premium pkg (leather, etc)
    5) wood/leather steering wheel
    6) Accessory Pkg (cargo mat etc.)

Most of the optionals I do want especially the Navi, Comfprt pkg, and premium pkg they are low in inventory as are several other dealers in the area. I can do without the parking assist, accessory pkg and wood/leather trimmed steering wheel but obviously, they cannot be removed.
    (I do have a trade in valued at 19K but right now, I am just concentrating on the car price as they checked my car 2 times already). I have visited twice already plus today for a test drive so he knows I am serious but the price went down a mere $50 from my last visit! Tell me what's a good price!!!!

I called one other dealer 2 weeks ago and met with them and the price was virtually the same. They called me again today to ask about my status (I said I was ready to buy) and I asked for their rock-bottom price; I have yet to hear back.
    This seems like an INCREDIBLE deal. I am looking at the 2013 Obsidien/black AWD with: 1) Comfort 2) Navi 3) Intuitive Parking 4) Premium Pkg 5) Wood and Leather trimmed Wheel 6) Preferred accessories include Cargo mat and Cargo net and wheel locks. The Delivery processing and handling is 875! I am trading in my car that will give me 19K. The salesman is stuck at 47,850. It seems like the car I want to buy and you ought are almost identical so what am I missing?
    Where was this dealer? My sticker price is 49,045 and he is sticking to 47,850. :( I am wondering if this has anything to do with the dealer being in NYC. Maybe costs are just higher here (rent etc.).
    What's the MSRP? Take 8.2% off that.. That's what I got which was $4k off MSRP but some people are getting up to 5200 off MSRP. I just got mine on Monday. I love it!
    The MSRP is 49,045. It seems from these boards that I should try for 4k below MSRP but I cannot see that as realistic here in NYC as he just seems stuck at 47850. Is it because of my trade in or where I am located? I am paying cash.
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    daviseq212 - I believe everyone gets the 875 delivery/processing fee; some dealers include it in the price they give you, while others will tell you the price minus the 875 charge, and then slap it on when you go to purchase it.

It was definitely a long road dropping $5k off MSRP - not sure of your location but that may play a role for you. Also, I was initially going to get a nebula gray w/ black leather car w/ no nav - however IRA did not have one, so I began looking at Herb Chambers - however my sales man at IRA was very persistent - and being the end of the month - was able to get me on board to the fully loaded car at a great discount.

In the end I basically narrowed it to the two dealerships and then who would give the best deal. Honestly Herb Chambers Sharon matched the IRA price, and probably would have gone a tad lower, but I really liked who I worked with at IRA Lexus, so I took the plunge - also payed in cash so no financing. Best of luck to you!
  • hot_javahot_java Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    I am looking for a base model Lexus RX350 AWD without Nav in DC/Nothern VA area. Can you please suggest what would be the good price / OTD price?
    I never tell them I have a trade in until I negotiate the price, then I can decide if the trade in price is good enough separately. I didn't do a trade in this time. I am in Texas. Maybe you need to go outside NYC for a better deal. My MSRP was 48,660, 4k off but some people on this board have done a little better.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi,
    Who did you deal with at IRA? I plan to go tonight. The model I'm looking at (RX350 AWD) has a total MSRP of about $48,500. I was planing to start negotiating at $43,000. Being the end of the month, I also assumed it would help me. Correct?

Also, as I do with all my purchases is that I refuse to pay so-called Documentation fees, which usually tacks on another $250-$350. I always just say NO to that after we agreed on a price.

If IRA doesn't agree with my deal, I will consider Chambers.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Hey Steve,
    Unfortunately can't give you the name of the dealer on the forum - you can message me on here if you know how - have never messages anyone before so not sure how to go about it!
  • xjharshipxjharship Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Just purchased a 2013 FWD RX 350 from a dealer in Austin. I shopped around Texas/LA/OK for the best deal. Final price was $43,990. MSRP was $48,680. 9.6% discount. I was also able to get tint ($195 value) thrown in as well. I was buying this/negotiating for my mother and was not able to be there when she took delivery, but I can say that these guys are very professional and my mother found the whole experience at the dealer enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 39310.00
    Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensin 1340.00
    Wipers, Driver/Passenger Heated & Ventilated
    12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Play
    HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tir 770.00
    Navigation System w/Voice Command, Backup Cam 2775.00
    Lexus Enform screen multimedia display .....
    & Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and .
    eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic,
    NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-ye
    trial subscription included) ...............
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi 2260.00
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding
    Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver
    Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings .....
    Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy 245.00
    Alternator/Radiator (does not include ball mo
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove 255.00
    ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 8475.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 895.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $48680.00
    I am batting 0 for 2. I went to two dealers today in NJ and both sales people low-balled me on my trade in by thousands. Sure, their sales price on the car was amazing but the trade in was so law that it was insulting.

Tomorrow I am trying 1 or 2 more dealers somewhat close by but I have a sinking feeling, this trend will continue....that is, a very good sales price and a very BAD trade in price. If that happens, I might end up back at my local dealer with a mediocre deal (hardly a deal in fact). I thought, especially from reading others deals, that I would be able to get a great deal as well but with this trade in, its not working out as I thought.

Let's hope tomorrow brings a better overall deal.
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2012
    Just closed deal Yesterday:Heading to Michigan from HERB CHAMBERS LEXUS, SHARON, MA

2013 RX 350 AWD: MSRP Including Delivery processing & Handling $ 49,995.00. STARGAZER black with Black leather Interior.

DETAILS: comfort pkg, Navigaton pkg, IPA pkg. Premim pkg with BSM, 12 speaker audio , wheel locks & cargo mats, wood & leather trimmed with remote starter

Deal: $45,495k plus doc fee $ 280 plus tax & title charge:

savings : $4500.

Excellent Professional experience with dealer and email me for the sales agent info at HERB.

IRA LEXUS in NH, was a joke (slang here) & unprofessional, met this joker salesman, slammed the phone on his face as he tried make a fun of the situation. Stick with HERB.
    edited August 2012
    I believe who you deal with is all personal opinion. Who I dealt with at Herb Chambers tried to sell me a pre owned certified 2011 for basically the same price as what I got for a new one. One of the managers I dealt with was extremely pushy and I just didn't like how they acted. At IRA I worked with a great salesman who was NOT pushy and gave me the same deal HERB did, although like I said in an earlier post it seemed HERB probably would have matched IRAs deal. However, I chose IRA because I felt they were more professional. In the end everyone will have different opinions on who they deal with, so I urge everyone looking in MA to look at both dealerships and decide for yourself!
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    If you have a trade, don't mention it during negotiations on the new car. Only after you agree on the new car price, then bring up the trade and ask for a price on it.

Otherwise, they confuse things and make the deal look better than it really is.
    Good luck,
    Steve
    I never mention the trade until after and the price of the car is negotiated. The price f the car so far has always been great. The trade in is always so VERY LOW.
    If you got a good deal on the new car, don't let the trade-in stuff ruin the deal. Get an appraisal from a third party such as CarMax and tell them that's the least you'll take for your trade-in (if you are comfortable with the third party's appraisal, of course)...

See, I went through the exact same thing last week. According to KBB my trade-in was worth 24.5K (excellent condition). However, the car was going to need 2 new tires soon. At first the dealer said they wouldn't replace only 2 tires and that's why they could only give me 21.5K for my trade-in - tires alone would cost them 1.5K (sales person said their service department charges the used car guys full retail for things like that).

So, I went out, got an appraisal from CarMax (24K), called the sales person and said that was the absolute minimum I was going to take for my trade-in. I also told him that the trade-in value was the only thing preventing me from closing the deal... They gave me the 24K I wanted... ;)
    Martin,

You are right who you deal with, i guess you are local, but myself, i am not. I was making the deal from Missouri to ship to Michigan, sale person at IRA failed to understand and taking advantage of the situation. I felt it was waste of my time even to talk after first few sentences. It is relatively easy to buy a new vehicle if you know where you wanted be in the price point. I don't penny pinch and expect the sale person to make money on the deal. Bottomline, when you are paying 45k , few hundred dollars won't break anybody bank either to make the deal happen.
    Yeah I can see dealing with a dealership over the phone is difficult but you seem to have gotten a good deal so congrats! Wish I had been able to get blind spot indicator! But was just happy with the price. I am loving the car - enjoy!
  • mutley6mutley6 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Thanks to all that posted on here...it really helped me prepare for today's negotiations. I wanted to share deal I just got on a loaded RX 350 in the Bay Area, CA

MSRP: $50,954
    Paid: $46,360
    Saved: $4,594
    Disc: 9.01%
    Financed at 1.9%

Things to consider:
    1. End of Month is this coming Friday
    2. Lexus Golden Oppty incentive ends Sept 4th. I figure the Lexus to dealer cash incentive is $2-4K on top of the hold-back.

Based on this thread and other research, I went in with the following mindset (based on Golden Oppty incentives):

8% or less - walk away
    8-9% - good deal
    9-10% - great deal
    >10% - Outstanding deal

More than happy with just over 9%. Great buying experience.

Note: I did not do as well as others on the Extended Warranty discount, but happy nonetheless.
  • winglcoudswinglcouds Member Posts: 7
    i recent just buy the new lexus rx 350 have about 450 miles on the car and i start to notice the engine start getting louder sound and have tapping sound it's that normal?
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    One more thing to consider is the dealer fee/prep fee. This is pure profit for the dealer. So $4500 off MSRP with No dealer fee is better than $5K off with $700 dealer fee.
  • ryan_gingerryan_ginger Member Posts: 1
    Which Dealer in Austin did you buy from? Do you have sale's person name? That looks a good deal, I was looking at same features.
  • matty45matty45 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I've decided on purchasing a pre-owned RX 350 but am stuck deciding between two vehicles. Both are 2007 AWD, similar condition...one has 66k miles and is $22,900 with no Nav or back up camera, and the other has 97k miles but HAS the Nav and back up cam and is $18,950. Are the RX 350 that reliable that I can drive either to 200k mi with good maintenance? Which would you take assuming similar condition? Thanks!!!!

Matt
  • ckla2ckla2 Member Posts: 6
    We are about to buy a 350 Rx 2012 from a dealer who says the sticker is 48,020 and he is offer this for 44,900. I know this is not bottom barrel, but we are told it is one of the last 2012's left and would have to go to 2013 which would be much more. He also is give us a fair price on trade in.

OTD is 48,243. Minus trade in 5700 total is 42,144. I don't know exactly how to get it any lower-- know we are in the 6-7 percent, but would appreciate any suggestions on how to get lower. Seems to have everything my wife wants but remote starter and hitch.

We do have an out of town dealer who says R 450 H which is out the door 50,100.

But we are leaning towards the 350 Rx.
    I just got a 2013 rx 350 msrp 49805, paid 44400 + ttl, 47xxx OTD from a dealer in Dallas.
    In state of Massachusetts, you can't get Temporary tags or dealer tags to ship the vehicle. You need permanent plates even to transport the vehicle unless you can get Temporary tags from the state you live in. Still trying to find to way to ship the vehicle. Big hassle and pain in you no where.

So please be aware to rush to make a deal on RX 350 unless you are from State of Massachusetts or Neighboring state.

Dealing now with this Headache, wouldn't have made the deal had the agent told us prior.
    Bgmon, sounds like we are paying 2013 price for 2012 car. Was yours with Navigation and all that stuff?

It is confusing since 2012 and 2013 seem to list for same price MSRP.
    Yes, I got a 2013 rx350 with :
    -premium package with blind spot monitor
    -navigation
    -19" wheels
    -comfort package
    -wood/leather steering wheel
    -park assist
    -tow prep package

I got 9.2% discount off msrp. If I were getting 2012, I would aim for higher discount. They also delivered the car to my home 10 hrs away and programmed the garage door and connected my Bluetooth.
    How was the car delivered? Did they flat bed it or drive it? I have been talking to a dealership in another state as well.
    Did you have a trade in and did this price include the 875.00 delivery processing and handling fee?
    Wow. I just can't seem to get anywhere near 9.2 discount off MSRP-- even for a 2012.

Our car has the premium package I believe and is AWD but we are at 48,243 out the door. (Sticker was 48,020, then discounted to 44,900 plus TTL)

Could it be we are in Pittsburgh and Northeast just is not dealing like Dallas?

We called Akron and they offered 43,900 for a car with 5000 miles. But 450 H hybrid was 54,000 OTD.

It looks like best we can hope for is to get the tow prep included as my wife wants that. We are going today so any advice appreciated.
    They drove it. Delivered with 645 miles to my front door. They paid for gas coming out and they paid for their rep to fly back. I estimate that it cost them ~$500. I liked the personal service.

They could have delivered via truck for $500, I checked on a car delivery service and it was $530.

So I just looked at my sales bill:
    Msrp=48905
    Price paid=44398
    Sales tax(6.25%) 2774.88
    Dealers inventory tax 100.30
    Doc fee 136.19
    State inspection fee 23.75
    Lic fee 52.75
    Title fee 38
    Road & bridge fee 10
    Total OTD 47533.87

Hope this helps
    Sorry to bother once more, but the only thing we could think of is that you being in Dallas, it may be front wheel drive and we being in the north, are looking at All wheel drive.

Is yours FWD or AWD?

Thanks so much.
  • lifulifu Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    a great info. I am just looking for a new RX350 with the similar features and options for my daughter and could not find a dealer in her working area (a small town in Texas). could you forward me the dealer contact info ? I would like to contact him and get a RX350 to deliver to my daughter. greatly appreciate your help.

by the way, does the standard model have the navigator or we must purchase the navigation system?

lifu
    So, we are leaning to the 2013 RX 350 as the discount for the 2012 was 3120 and the salesman says that the discount on the 2013 Rx 350 is 2000 K which seems to be the going discount. Some people here seem to say that they are getting 4000 K off-- but no one here seems to be going for that.

We are looking at a AWD with Nav, Premium, and Blind Spot-- basically everything but the entertainment package and Mark Levinson. The MSRP is 49,345. The discount is 2000 K. Somehow we end up OTD at 50,744.

I guess we just don't have the touch. The dealers all say the 2000 K off MSRP is the "best price" (even with car broker), but we just can't seem to get near what some folks here are getting in terms of the 9 percent deals.

Anyone know a dealer who can do better we will go to them. But this is where we are.

Anyone in the Northeast who can recommend what the difference is, would appreciate it. Maybe we are just giving in too easily.

$46,360

$44398

You all have my respect.
  • garden54garden54 Member Posts: 27
    can someone tell me what a fair price is, dealer or otherwise for a 2008 RX 350 with Nav, new tires and brakes and 70,000 miles??
  • amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    19.5k.