Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dave2001autodave2001auto Member Posts: 20
    Tonyca,
    On your #3, what discount did the Costco auto dealer offer (% off MRSP) even if it were only for a day.
  • bgmonbgmon Member Posts: 7
    Sorry been out of town. I've got a FWD. The AWD should be about $1500 more. I think towards the end of the month, some people were getting AWD for what I paid for FWD. I bought mine in the middle of the Aug.

I feel like I still got a good deal considering that I paid below invoice and had the car delivered to my front door.

Sewell out of Dallas is who I used.

Hope you get a good deal
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    On this model you could go $2000 below invoice.

For most cars, buying at or close to invoice is usually not a good enough deal. Drealers are still making a large profit if you buy at invoice.
    Steve
  • ckla2ckla2 Member Posts: 6
    Well, I bought the new RX 350, and was told by dealer that it would easily get 18 MPG in city. Been saddened to see in the first fill up we are getting best at 13.5 MPG and average 12 MPG.

Is this unusual? Really disappointing, especially as we did not go for the 450 which we were considering.

It has been normal city driving, and even some highway. What do most of you get?

We were told that Lexis usually gets above what government reports.
    Congrats on getting your car! I'm getting an average of 21.5 mpg combined city/hw.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    Question:

Ae you using top octane, or mid ?

Is it AWD or FWD ?

I get 17 city on my 2012FWD, and highway 23-24 when I use the middle grade. I never use regular in it.

When I use the top high octane, I get 18.5 and 25 .

If your poor mileage keeps up, I sure would have it back in the Service dept, so they can put the analyzer on it.
    Saz25, thanks for the reply,With the new promotion for the dealer of $2200 rebate, should the price for a 2012 be $4200 under the "invoice" price?
    Bgmon, thanks for the reply,With the new promotion for the dealer of $2200 rebate, should the price for a 2012 be $4200 under the "invoice" price?
    I'm not sure how much under invoice ... Whatever you're comfortable with. I own a business so I understand that other businesses need to make profit. I think I got ~$1500 under invoice. I'm totally happy with that.
  • la124la124 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to you guys for all the price information. Here is mine. Hope it will be helpful.

Date: mid September
    Model: 2013 RX 350 FWD with the following packages: DA HS PA PM WU
    MSRP: almost 45K
    car price (everything except TTL): 40 K, 5K off MSRP
  • adjohnadjohn Member Posts: 8
    Hi la124-

I'm looking for the same RX as you and seems like your deal is pretty solid.

Can you email me the details of which dealership you talked to? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks...
    Not sure if it is appropriate to post dealership name here. If you leave here a temporary email address, I will send the dealership name in email.
    Dealership names are approved on the forum to leave , and most helpful to others.

No problem so post the names.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Just concluded an excellent experience with Daniel at Sewell in Dallas. Although I live in Houston, the folks at Sterling McCall, Westside and Clearlake just didn't seem eager to move their cars. (Sewell will pick you up at LUV field in Dallas).

Daniel found me exactly the RX-350 my wife wanted at a very fair price. Having researched on edmunds, the entire transaction was a simply an exchange of emails on the vehicle, the price and a couple of phone calls to confirm when the car would arrive, windows tinted, washed, fueled, etc. Daniel even delivered the vehicle to my office in Houston together with the paperwork with 2.9% financing. An absolutely seamless transaction!

Message me if you'd like Daniel's contact information.

John
  • routenineroutenine Member Posts: 1
    Hi, folks.

I noticed that some people used the term invoice price, while others use MSRP price in their respective posts. I assume both meant to be the sticker price, am I wrong? (b/c, according to edmunds.com, invoice price is the price that is much lower than MSRP price).

Also, I plan to purchase a 2013 RX350 (AWD + navigation) within next a couple of weeks, any suggestion about a fair dealership would be appreciated. I am looking for a local dealer that can accept an offer that is ~9.6% off the sticker price.

Thanks a lot,

Don
  • ron9999ron9999 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys

I am new to this forum,I bought a 2013 rx350 FWD for 5500 below msrp(46,560) +ttl, no nav and had rest of the std features,also bought addl 7yrs and 100000 warranty.lexus offers 4yr 50,000 by itself.do you think this is a good buy? and do you suggest me holding on to the addl warranty.please advise as i am running out of time to cancel the addl warranty

Thanks
    Ron
    jax,fl
    Never buy the ext. warranty at the time of purchase or from your dealer who sold you the car.

$5500 under MSRP is great.

If they only gave you $5500 off because you bought the warranty, then it is NOT a good deal. The dealer makes a lot of profit on the warranty. You can get the same Lexus warranty elsewhere.
    Steve
    BIG difference !

MSRP is that FULL retail price on the sticker/window. Nobody should ever pay that on a LexusRX.

REal Invoice is the price the dealer pays Lexus for that car.

The problem is these days : There are two invoices, the one a dealer may show you during negotiations, and the REAL ACTUAL INVOICE you will not get to see.

No matter what your sales guy says or shows you, it is not the REAL invoice.
    For a 2012 or 2013? The $5500 off is good. How much was for the extended warranty? One of my friend found the warranty for much less $1100 vs $300 and called the dealer back to cancel the extended warranty. The dealer offerred to refund the difference, which he took.
    la124,
    Which dealer did you use and did you need to haggle?
    I hate to haggle and will usually just walk.
    dave2001auto,

Where did you hear about the 2200 dealer rebate? I couldn't find anything about this.
    That's here on the edmunds car information on incentivites.
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-incentives/

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx-350/2012/car-incentives.html?style=101405744&irr- _section=marketing_support_irr
    That's for dealer incentive. Miltary also incentive are also available.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Hi John

I live in Sugarland tx and I also went to Sterling and could not get a deal done..how can I contact you for more info on your purchase?
    In most cases I don't go to the dealer in person to negotiate. However, I do go to dealers to test drive cars I'm considering. I don't negotiate at the time. My visit is made clear up front; that I am test driving in order to decide what make and model I want. Then after I decide on a particular make and model, I do my research and determine my "price". Then I start calling dealers on the phone. I make it clear that I would only come in if we agree on a price. Sometimes, they refuse to talk price on the phone. In that case, I tell them that they lost my business. This only happened to me once.

Steve
    Sorry dave. I was offline in the past several days. The dealership is South Bay Lexus at Torrance, CA. I get the price over email. No haggle. The guy didn't push the deal when I showed up. I was given enough time to make up my mind. I think this was a nice experience.
    Ahh, thanks. Didn't see this was for a 2012.
  • thunguyenthunguyen Member Posts: 9
    I bought 2013 RX AWD 350 last week-end at Steven Creek Lexus/ San Jose for $42K (MRSP:$47.049K / Invoice $43.815K). I also look at another car without :PA,D5,DA, is for $41K (MRSP:$45.564K / Invoice $42.487K).
    (PA: Park Assist, D5:Door Guard, DA:Display Audio)
    Hi Don,

I just bought 2013 RX350 AWD Nebular Gray exterior last weekend in San Jose/CA for 5K less than MRSP price:
    Paid $42K (MSRP:$47.049 / Invoice:$43.815K).
    Depending on accessories,price should be at least $1.5K below invoice).
    You need to bargain price before you step foot in into dealer's door.
    have fun.

thu
  • tcbtoddtcbtodd Member Posts: 1
    Can i ask who you dealt with over at Steven creek lexus? Im looking to pick one up and would love to have it be no hassle. Thanks
  • suxulsuxul Member Posts: 2
    Premium package, comfort package, navigation, BSM, IPA, Backup Camera $4400
  • suxulsuxul Member Posts: 2
    I meant 4400 ten dollar bills :)
    Better yet, don't even ask to see the invoice. You can get the invoice right here on Edmunds. Then you subtract from that.

Again, it comes down to one simple rule. Don't trust anything the sales rep gives, shows, or tells you.

Steve
    Instead of haggling, just give the sales rep the price you want to pay (after researching the invoice, hold-back, incentives, etc.) and stick to it. That turns the whole process around. They then try to negotiate with you; asking you to come up on your price. I rarely do so.

Steve
    This is exactly what I paid for almost the same vehicle and options. Besides that, mine had the floor mats, cargo net, and wheel locks. Total MSRP was a little over $49,000. My price was $44,000.

When I buy cars, I usually use nice round numbers, such as $44,000, $32,000, etc. Instead of $34,526, etc. It makes it easy to work with.
    Good luck. Hope it works out. If they don't accept your deal, call another dealership.
    Steve
  • shane2012shane2012 Member Posts: 2
    Is $44k out of door price for rx350 with many options? Where did you buy the car? I am in NC and plan to buy MDX because I can't get a good deal from Lexus. Thanks!
    I never refer to OTD price since its not a good comparison since every state has dufferent tax rates. Plus you can't negotiate that.

I also looked at the Acura MDX, but prefer the RX after I test drove both several times.

I bought the 2013 RX350 last month in MA.

It was loaded with MSRP of $49,000+.

Stick to your price or call another Lexus dealer.

Steve
    hi,

I was dealing with Lisa Burton @ stevek creek. Here is best way to handel it.
    1) You need to work with 2 dealers to have them competing against each other. I suggest contact Chris Lin @fremont Lexus and Lisa @ Steven Creek.
    2) You should pay $41K for the AWD model with MSRP :$45.564K. This is price that Chris wants to sell. And I paid $42K for the one with $47 MSRP @ steven creek.
    3) If you're able to close the deal, they will try to sell paint protection and
    service. Forget about paint protection. And the 5 yrs service can be
    bought as low as $1720.00. At first I just ignore it and they begin to
    lower the offering price. I bought it when he lowers it to $1720.00 for 5
    yrs.

good luck,thu
    Is the $41k with sale tax or with lic.?
    hi dave,

are you kidding me? pls. tell me where you can buy it for 41K out of the door and I'll get another one for my wife?

$41K + tax and license.
    Just asking. I just don't know. One dealer offered $5200 off MRSP over the phone. I didn't know if that was good or not.
    Does Lexus have special promotion like Toyota (Thanksgiving dealer incentive and rebates $6000 off years ago, but sold a bunch of needless options to me). Would of been a great deal without all the extra options at MRSP and extended warranty purchase. Live and learn.
    I guess that they must have some kind of rebate from manufacturer because dealers are selling cars at $1.5K-$2 below invoice which is new to me.
    I do not think you need to pay for extended warranty. The question is do you want to prepay at lower price for scheduled maintenance?
    I paid $1720 for 5 yrs scheduled service.
    $2000 under invoice is not that uncommon if you play the game.

Just gotta be firm and control the conversation. Contact several dealers by phone.

Never buy prepaid sched maintain.
    Steve
  • bbb1001bbb1001 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I was offered a 2011 RX 350 with luxury package and has 7K miles for $36K before tax. Is this a good deal? TIA.
    1) Be aware that 2011 model requires premium gas, while the 2012 or newer
    models take regular unleaded gas.
    2) You need to compare how much $ off from invoice or MSRP. The brand new
    2013 model was offered ~$5K off from MSRP or ~ $2K less than invoice.
  • arvindpopliarvindpopli Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    I bought a 2013 RX350 AWD (with comfort pkg, premium pkg, nav, blind spot monitor, remote start) for $45400.

$49075 with tax + doc fee $399 + dmv fees.

Is that a good deal ?

And does anyone have any experience with good deal for financing ?
    And extended warranty and pre-maintenance packages ?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arjun
    Dealers love buyer like you: buy a lots of options. Here is bottom line:The more options you add to the car, the more $ they make. So there are more room for negotiation. I do not know all details,but your price should be $6K or more below MSRP.
  • arvindpopliarvindpopli Member Posts: 2
    The MRSP is $49565 (including options and destination charges), so 6K less would around be $43500 + $500 (for remote start), so should be around: $44000

I paid $45400, about $1400 extra. But still I consider this as a good deal, as no dealer in the tri-state area is willing to go below $47000 !!!
    Everything is relative. As long as you feel good, then it's good deal.
    Just do not buy paint protection and prepay for pre-scheduled services.
    If you did, they allow you to cancel deal without charge within 60days.
    have fun with your new toy.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Can You guide us who is giving $6000 off on the 2013 RX?
    I am willing to fly and buy from there, as my dealership is only offering $4000 off.
    Thank You.