Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• what2getwhat2get Member Posts: 2
    just took delivery today of a 2007 rx350awd, white/beige. 18 inchwheels, heated seats/rain sensing wipers, navigation, premium plus, towing prep package, cargo mat, wheel locks, msrp 45706, for 38796+tags/tax--40,132 out the door.

From Len Stoler Lexus in reistertown, maryland. Bought the car over the phone with the internet manager---walked into the dealer, signed the paperwork, was given a tour of the car, and was out of the dealership within an hour. Great experience.
  • ckigerckiger Member Posts: 4
    2007 RX 350 AWD, Premium Plus, 18" wheels, navigation, towing, cargo mats, wheel locks
    $44306 MSRP
    Paid over $4500 less than MSRP
    This car was the only Millenium Silver with the options I wanted in TX or OK
    Correction it is a FWD and it also has heated seats
  • glk2glk2 Member Posts: 13
    Sorry for the delay in responding...the invoice was $40,769. So I paid $38,769. It was delivered a week ago. In addition to awd, prem. plus, nav., it has the 18" wheels, htd seats, towing prep pkg., cargo mat & wheel locks. Hope that helps.
  • amh4624amh4624 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for an '07 RX 350 in the Texas/OK area. Anyone know where I can get a good deal? I want leather, heated seats, 18" wheels, nav. sys.
    Good luck finding it. I was looking for that exact model last week. There was one in Dallas at ParkPlace (grey). One in OKC (white) and two in Tulsa (white, and I bought the silver one). One in Houston (black). If they are still available, you might be able to get a great deal although if you wait till end of month get a better deal. However, if you wait much longer there will be no 07's left.
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    I received a quote from fleetrates.com of $40,269 on a 2008 RX350: AWD, Nav, prem plus, 18", heated seats, etc. MSRP $45,706. Has anyone dealt with these folks before? Most of their cars come from California and can either be picked up or shipped. I live in Washington and have not been able to get even close to this price. Portland may come in close, I'm still negotiating with them. Thanks.
  • gtophgtoph Member Posts: 22
    I dealt with them for my 400h. Initially, they did have the best offer, which was in the ballpark of what I was looking for. Just two comments though...

1. You'll need to "subscribe" to their service. I forgot how much it is, but you'll need to remember to cancel it within a weeks window next year.

2. I still did better by contacting several cali dealers directly and having it shipped.
    What did you end up paying for it?
    Thanks. Are the Ca. dealers willing to compete with each other over a customer who won't be getting the car serviced at their dealerdhip? How should I approach them?
  • gtophgtoph Member Posts: 22
    Of course. Don't be fooled, even though they make most of their money at the service center, they aren't loosing any when they sell a car either. I pretty much narrowed it down to two. One finally said that's the best they could do, and the other beat it. It works the same as if you were local, only I think it's better because they know you have done your homework and they know you are contacting multiple dealers to get the best deal.... less screwing around that way.

At first, all I contacted the ones that have been mentioned on this board and others, (which turned out the be the best ones). I also went the lexus website and did a dealer search, giving more consideration to the "elite" dealers. I kinda picked and choose the ones I contacted by the look of their website as well. If they have a specific internet department, all the better.

Just shoot them an email listing your specific specs and ask for their best deal. Not all will respond, and if they do contact you it's probably not their best deal, but it'll get you going.

It doesn't hurt to contact as many as you can, but Westminister and Riverside were the two I ended up with in the end.
    I agree with gtoph. But also give South Bay Lexus (Internet Manager is GR) a try - I ended up with a better deal than Riverside. I was told dealerships make at least 50% of their revenue from the service dept., and your Lexus is covered wherever you are.
    Thanks so much!
  • gatortalegatortale Member Posts: 4
    I live in Jacksonville, and sent out 5 emails to various Lexus dealers within 300 miles for a 2008 RX350, fwd.
    1: Atlanta dealer sent me a crappy, rude, get lost response.
    2: Lexus of Jacksonville $1000 under MSRP, did not respond to 2nd email.
    3, 4,5: The three who did respond we all great, $500 over
    invoice, and all were within a few dollars of each other.
    I would recommend Wilde Lexus of Sarasota, (Jack), JM Lexus in S Florida (Cindy) and the winner, Lexus of Orlando (Dan).
    They were all professional, and are eager to help.

Retail Price $40301, Sale $36622 then OTD w/ tax, title, licence $39,424.
    Overall, I am glad I found this forum
  • jskimjskim Member Posts: 8
    freebird4
    what was your msrp? Who was your sales person?
  • psu77psu77 Member Posts: 13
    Gatorale, I am also in Jacksonville. What was the processing fee from these dealers.
  • sarubinsarubin Member Posts: 4
    Just got a 2007 RX 350 AWD w/heated seats and rain sensing wipers, standard amenities + towing package and winter mats for $37k. No nav system.Thought that was a pretty good deal. Not many 2007's left. Got it at Highland Park Lexus - very easy to deal with.
  • chevy769chevy769 Member Posts: 12
    CAN ANYONE GIVE DEAL DETAILS ON 07 OR 08 IN THE TEXAS/LA AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE? IS IT WORTH THE SAVINGS TO GO SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES FROM HOME?
  • karldkarld Member Posts: 5
    I live in upstate ny....I was just quoted a price of 41,519 on a 2007 Lexus 350 with 4000 miles (demo) with Nav and premium plus package. The salesman stated that the MSRP is 45706 and the invoice for the vehicle is 40760 so they are making 750 for the vehicle. Is this a good deal?????
  • ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    can any1 answer when the new generation of rx is coming???

because i am sure they will make a design which will be great and truble for the german suv cars .does any1 know when the next is coming,

i already heard that the lx570 is coming in public appearance on april mthe 4 in ny auto show, its confirm by lexus, and i wonder when the lexus will make a suv to compete with the porsche vw and audi, i hope it will be the next generation rx and the lx.

got any info abt the new rx. thanks]
  • lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    Sounds like you're getting soaked, compared to the other deals out there right now. I've seen folks on this board reporting prices for brand new (no miles to speak of) '07's for UNDER invoice. Look at the previous listings for info on where to look. You'd be better buying from a dealership in another state and having it shipped to you as you'll still get it for less than what they quoted you on a used (demo) unit.

In any case -- have fun! It's a great car!
  • tiannetianne Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for a 2007 RX 350, but Silver w/Nav is pretty much nonexistent in the DFW area so I decided to bite the bullet on a 2008: Silver/Black leather - Premium Plus pkg w/Nav.

Emailed the 2 Lexus dealers in Dallas. Got a quote from Park Place for $44,416 (Probably the MSRP - they didn't have one in stock but would have it in by 3/20). Sewell had it in stock & quoted $41,316 (MSRP $44,175). I hadn't driven the car before so went to Sewell to test drive today - Man, what a dream machine!

Result: $41,000 + TTL (including pin stripes which they must put on everything & 4 mud guards). Guess I should have haggled down even more. I hate the whole car buying gig but this experience was the best I've ever had. No stress, no hassle - I may go to the dealership weekly just to hang out! Hope I didn't do to bad on this deal - but I'll be pleased either way cuz this vehicle rocks! ;)
    Thanks. Sounds like you did ok on the price. We bought from Sewell in 99 and had a good experience, too. We are thinking of waiting for the styling revamp for 09, but might go for the 08 before then if prices are real attractive.
    You're paying too much. Dealerships were given an extra incentive by Lexus to move the last of the '07's (at least that's what I was told). CA dealers are willing to go $2K below invoice on new vehicles (your salesman's #'s were correct in terms of MSRP & invoice). Check back through this forum and you'll find some dealer suggestions....Good luck!
  • squad44squad44 Member Posts: 1
    Just left Highland Park Lexus,
    07 RX350 AWD, Premium package, Heated seats/rain-sensing wipers, Tow package, Cargo mats and Wheel locks.
    35,900 plus ttl. My local dealer (North Shore Lexus) told me they could not/would not beat or even match that price.
    I just bought an '08 RX 350 with premium package, heated seats, 18" wheels, nav. for $40,511. Got it at Lexus of Tulsa, they were great to work with!
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Member Posts: 34
    I bought my lexus today. The sale experience with this dealer is great compare to Hennessy Lexus at Peachtree.

MSRP: 40,301 with premium package, towing prep,..etc.
    Paid: 34,715
    Doc fee: 399
    Tax 6 percent
    Title and Registration: 42

OTD: 37,262.84.

There is still few 2007 left.

I contacted the internet sale department at Hennessy Lexus at Peachtree. They even quoted me higher with the same MSRP of $40,301. The internet price is $36,288 before Doc. fee, Tax and Title & registration. I walked in same dealer without mention the internet price and their sales staff offer me $35,301. I contacted the Internet sales manager again and told him that another dealer is offering for same model of $34,715. He told me he can not make a deal for that at price. I would not go to the Hennessy at Peachtree for my next purchase. Internet sales manager is very rude.
  • tiny361tiny361 Member Posts: 5
    A newbie question about buying the towing prep package in a new RX 350: I don't expect to ever tow anything. Should I buy the towing package because (1) The cooling system will be better on demanding days with all that excess capability? or (2) I will never be able to sell the car to its next owner without it? or (3) both? Or is this something I can do without if I don't plan to tow?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Though I'm sure it happens.. I've never seen an RX towing anything..

If you don't need it, then skip it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    If you do need a hitch later on, there are very satisfactory after market models from suppliers like Hidden Hitch, in both Class II and Class III; which will bolt right on for a fraction of the Lexus price. Unlikely you would need the extra cooling system capacity in any case. My 2¢.

Pete :)
  • klexusklexus Member Posts: 1
    Got my new Lexus Rx350 2008 today with Nav, Premium Plus Package, 18in wheel for $38,800 without much haggling from Lexus Westminster,CA.
  • gatortalegatortale Member Posts: 4
    I agree, the internet manager at Hennessy is still sending me hate mail, which I have forwarded to other poeple at his dealship. I would avoid them at all costs.
  • pep2pep2 Member Posts: 6
    Any guidance on best pricing for a '08 AWD RX 350?
    Dealers: Any '07's available at incentive pricing?
    Regarding my request #547 for pricing information, I'm in New Jersey but willing to travel. Thanks
    Gatortale,

I am very much agree with you on Hennessy Lexus Internet Manager. I would be avoid them too for making any hassle free on the car or any SUV.
  • marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    am about to lease my 5th RX, a 2008 rx350 with the first level premium package, heated seats and a towing hitch/ball. MSRP $42,100 My dealer usually offers to buy me out of my lease before I reach 3 years. The lease is a 36 month 15000 mile/yr lease with nothing down and sales taxes 7.75% rolled into the lease. The monthly payment will be $577, or $537 if I leave a $5,000 refundable security deposit. Does this sound like a good deal?
    I had a hitch installed by Sewell when I purchased my 99. I actually pulled a UHaul from MO to Texas, and used it for some smaller local transports. I still have the vehicle with 82,000 miles on it. No problems then or now with the cooling or with the transmission.
    Pep2,

I don't know how far are you willing to travel. There are few RX 350 left in Georgia. The exterior color is Black and Blue. The price is 34,715. The MSRP is 40301 plus the Dealer installed Grill. You can knock that down more around 300 to 400 since they are the last one on the lot.
    DOANMQUANG, yes I am interested and able to travel to Ga. Do you have specifics on the dealer or are you the dealer?
  • tiny361tiny361 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks all for the feedback on the towing prep package; it sounds like it's truly optional, and I'm going to take a pass on it.
  • bubsybubsy Member Posts: 2
    If anyone is interested i have already negotiated a great deal on a 2008 RX350 but ended up taking delivery from another dealer already. If you want the deal that i already got I would be happy to meet you at the dealership and get you the great deal i negotiated. 38400 on msrp car 43056 every option but nav and mark levinson. This took me multiple weeks to negiotiate this deal So i can save you lots time. I am located in the NYC area.
  • hostaghostag Member Posts: 2
    We are considering buying the 2007 with the Levinson/Nav package in the Dallas - Fort Worth area. Three questions: (1) what prices have people gotten for the 2007 RX 350 with the Levinson/Nav package, (2) are there any particularly good Lexis dealers in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, and (3) are there any Lexis dealers that should be avoided? Thank you in advance.
    bubsy: I'm looking for a AWD with towing in the NYC area. PEP2
  • ericbwangericbwang Member Posts: 1
    hi - I'm looking to buy a RX350 asap. Could you please introduce me to the dealer? Thank you very much.
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    Just for the everyone's benefit...

about 3 weeks ago (beginning of March) I got a price quote of $41200 (or 41500? ) on 2008 RX3500 AWD, Navigation, Premium Plus.

This was from one of the northern NJ dealers, don't remember which one exactly. I mentioned to the guy that I was looking for 2007 specifically because of good pricing. They did not have any.
  • bubsybubsy Member Posts: 2
    Hello Ericbwang and Pep2
    go to newjersey. craigslist.org and search on 2008 lexus. Then send me a message from there I know i can't put my email address in this forum. Send me you number and I will call you. I am not a dealer just an aggressive purchaser who negiotiated a great deal on 2 cars that I no longer need.
    Pep2,

There is Nalley Lexus in Smyrna. You can go to Lexus website and put in the zip code of 30096. Extend the radius to 75 miles. From there you will see Nalley Lexus. Give the internet Manager a call. They have three or four left of 2007. or try to email me privately and I will give you the contact.

I am not a dealer. Just a buyer.
  • dysdys Member Posts: 11
    A newbie question: I am intersted in the RX350 with just the premium package but the Lexus website under "Build you lexus" for my zip code only shows either "base" and the next level up is "Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition with Additional Options", so there is not an option to choose only the "premium package". Does this means that there isn't such configured RX350 in local dealers' inventory?

Thanks.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    dys.....There may not be. My wife got an IS 250 in Sept. in the San Francisco area and we could only get it one of two ways. With or without nav. So we got it with the nav. We could not get things like memory seats because they were not even being offered on the 250. At any price. You HAD to go to the 350 to get some of these features even though they were theoretically available options on the 250 according to Lexus' website.

The dealer told us that Lexus was only offering the 250 that way in the Western region. So be VERY precise about what you're getting when you talk to a dealer. Go over everything line by line. It may be "optional" but it most likely is not "available."

Lexus has reverted to the Henry Ford school of marketing....you can have it in any color you want as long as it's black.

What state are you in?
  • flash13flash13 Member Posts: 2
    looking into getting some lease numbers on 2008 RX 350; been in an RX for 2 consecutive 36 month leases which ends in early April. I normally put $0 down and Lexus of New Orleans waived my last security deposit with 15,000 miles......some of the figures I'm reading seem awfully low?? i was quoted $739/month with 0 down, 0 security and 15,000 mile per year?? premium plus package........GOOD or BAD????