Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    Ok---I assume the $48,359 is the dealer quote to you. The msrp would be around $52,000. So all,things considered your price is slightly under invoice. With that said---it is late in the year. New models don't come out for this division until Feb. March at the early end. But---Sept. price deals backed by factory could be better than August. And---Dec. to remember could even be better. Do you want to wait and save $1,000-1,500. Or drive the vehicle you really want--right now.Your price is a good price. But I would wait about a few weeks just to see how things play out. Wait at least until the new deals come out in Sept. short wait could save a few bucks. Good luck
  • texasrntexasrn Member Posts: 6
    Includes destination fee, but not TT&L.
  • rkld273rkld273 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a RX Hybrid FWD , sticker price is 55K, I am wondering if anyone has a view on how much I might be able to negotiate with the dealer. Carsdirect and TrueCar estimates are about 10% off the MSRP. I live in Georgia.
    Any insights would be much appreciated.
  • smiley415smiley415 Member Posts: 8
    I see people talking about buying it like 45-46k so I am sure that price is not a good deal.
  • ns12ns12 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Guys,
    I am completely new to this forum and went through few threads/discussions about RX 350 as I was in the market for the same. I just pulled the trigger on RX 350 (Pre owned and certified) that has 14k miles. It has all belts and whistles (premium pkg, cold weather, navi etc..). I paid around 38k+tax+title and fees. OTD price was 41K. I am in MA.

Is this a good deal..?

Any response would be appreciated,

NS
    But I got it for 41K out the door. Isn't that better than 45k or 46k..? Pardon my ignorance if I didn't get your statement correctly
    I'm asking about 2014 rx 350 brand new. So a little different story here.
    First off what year RX. Also I assume your out the door price of 41K is your total price with tax and all,fee's. if it's a 2013 AWD you did excellent. 2012 you did just fine. 2011 just average. Anything older--I don't believe it is--- you paid more than you should have. Don't worry about the price. Just enjoy it.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi
    As most experienced car buyers always say, when determining your price, you need to factor in invoice price, holdbacks, all current dealer incentives, etc.

Then you tell the dealer your price.

And most of all, be in control of the process and don't believe anything the sales rep says.

Most of the info you need can be found on edmunds.com.
    End of month is always to the buyers advantage.
    Steve
    There is only so much the dealer can do at the end of the month. Wait another few days and see what factory offers--those are the best deals---are put forth. Boo birds will always tell you you can do better. Correct to a very limited extent. Factory offers are and always will be the best deal possible. Ya--you might shave off a couple bucks or get a few perks with service expenditures--- but that's about it. Now get ready for everyone to tell me I'm wrong and the fantastic deals they all got--- don't believe it.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    Snow:

His posting title :

'#5729 of 5734 RX 350 2013 (Fully Loaded)........'

But, he didn't specify AWD or not, or,the original MSRP when new, which of course the dealer has in his file, or can obtain for him to look at. Also, be good to know what the dealer is "showing" as the DOC fees?
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    He is wrong. Sorry to say. I always get better deals at the end of the month.

What is someone trying to gain by saying otherwise.

Dealers don't want you to know the truth and they hate educated buyers.

Doc fees are another tactic by dealers to pad profits.
    Being agressive and you can push back on Doc fees.

If someone tells you that you must pay a doc fee, they must be a dealer or paid by dealers to confuse the buyer.

Steve
    Never said you can't do better. I said your saving would be limited. And that is fact. Yes you can negotiate fee's to a point-- I agree-- but those fee's will not be negotiated with a factory backed lease or buy to the same extent if dealing with no incentive from the factory. All I'm telling you is save the sweat-- your not going to do one heck of a lot better by going through all the bull your trying to tell others. So my advice to a buyer right now is just wait a day or so until the new FACTORY backed deals come out.
    Hi Snowman and everyone else who provided their valuable input,
    The one that I got is 2013 model.
    Nice job. You did wonderful. Now drive your new ride. Enjoy--- it is a beautiful vehicle. I can't think of any vehicle that I have ever owned that even comes close to this vehicle. Then add the fact you got a beyond great deal--could life be any better--well could be if you won the big lottery-----but can't be greedy.
  • kcmscpig1kcmscpig1 Member Posts: 3
    Picked up today - sharing for interested readers. 2013 RX 350 with virtually every option they have. Sticker $51,135. Dealer added paint film (I have no idea what this is), door guards, window tint, mud guards and admin fee ($499), bringing total to right at $52,500 for MSRP. No trade. Paid $46,999.02 out the door, ie. 89.524% of MSRP price. Hope this give you some point of reference. Did NOT purchase maintenance contract option.
  • slugflowslugflow Member Posts: 5
    what about ur tax rate and is that a fwd or awd
    AWD and no taxes in this total. Taxes will vary from municipality to state and would only skew any objective pricing on the vehicle. Additionally trades will impact the ultimate tax amount as most states only tax the net price after the trade. For this forum - I suggest readers focus only on the vehicle costs and not items that can vary significantly by region/state.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited September 2013
    You recieved 5501 off sticker price . Your math is way off at 89%. The only problem i see is you gave back 499 to dealership in doc fee charge and paid for paint film all dealer profit cutting into your 5500 of sticker. If you did not purchase accessories at invoice price that also cut into your deal..

11% off your sticker price = $5775

Not a bad deal.... but you left some money on the table.

Enjoy your new SUV

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    All,

Am buying two cars for my family. FYI I did get a RX 350 2013 one year ago fully loaded - minus blind spot - for 44k and it was TOTALED. Damage was substantial but I was okay, which shows you these are great via safety. So now I can get a 2013 AWD RX for 43.5k (fully loaded) this time around and a new 2014 AWD IS 250 (fully loaded) for 42.5k. Thoughts? BTW these prices are before tax and any extra warranty add-ons.

I am kind of thinking they should go lower on the 2013 RX since the new 2014s will be coming out, but wanted to see your opinions on this...Don't know too much about the IS as it has just been updated but the test drive went well.
    edited September 2013
    To me the IS 250 is very small. I would consider the a 2013/2014 Accord V-6. More room, more car for the money, best rated midsize vehicle with lots of standard safety features, great Resale value. 30k out the door

Your Lexus truck is a great Riding well made truck if you dont mind dropping 46k on it. And you are correct if you negotiate at the end of the month you should come close to 15% off sticker. Always negotiate those high doc fee charges or add them onto your asking price to buy if dealership wont remove..

Thanks for the comments, but feel that 89.52% of the MSRP (including the dealer admin costs) is a pretty good deal and I am sure he would have paid for a special value meal at McDonalds if I had asked. $47,000/$52,500 = 89.52%.
  • martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    Seems an okay deal - I was able to get 2013 with all options minus door guards, window tint, mud guards - but added on all weather mats and wheel locks for 44,000. However, with taxes, and 7 year platinum plan final price was 50k even, and that was a year ago.
    edited September 2013
    I see you weren't to good in math at school

What is 10% off a MSRP of 52,500? = $ 5,250

I'll let you figure the rest out?

• jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    Why do you have to attack him personally?

He said that he paid 89.52% of the MSRP, thereby getting a 10.48% discount. His math is correct to the hundredths.

Perhaps he should comment on how well you did in English at school?

"I see you weren't to good in math at school"

I'll let you figure that one out.

Stick to giving people purchasing advice please. No need to be uncivil on these great forums.
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
    edited September 2013
    You are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. He should of realized my error from my 2nd post to him.

My apologies to that poster. I Misread. I could not figure out how he was getting that number... I took the Of for Off MSRP plus he reversed his wording instead of saying i got 10.48 % off the msrp..........

Every option would be about $60,500-----
    OMG---how could anyone compare the IS to a ----gulp---Honda product Accord. My god that car is noisy with hard seats. Not even close to the IS.
    edited September 2013
    I had several Accords thru the years especially when my kids were at driving age. Noisy yes... The a/c,,, heater was load. Hard seats never had a problem. Overall very good vehicles for the money. The new redesign Accord is worth a look. Very quiet inside and the ride is very Nice. Just about every review has this new Accord on top.

The 2013 IS which is very pricey.. the reviews outside of quiet interior and complaint ride are not to good for a car with this kind of price tag.

The 2014 reviews seem better but the IS, v-6 has lack luster power and bad fuel economy, terrible head room.

Edmunds has a full review on the Redesigned 2014 IS Model. You can make your own judgments on it.

If i was spending 42k it certainly would not be on this car. There are so many better choices for less.

Different perception. We can agree to disagree. That's why they have so many brands I guess. Good feedback is what a good blog is all about. It is to help people. Verg good.
  • lorenzomialorenzomia Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    Can I get an opinion on the following deal please?

RX 350 with rearview camera, proximity and blind spot monitor.

MSRP: $46,921
    Selling Price: $41,916
    Money Factor: 0.00070
    Residual: 66%

Total Money Down: $2,000 (includes first month, transfer tag, etc)
    Lexus Incentive: $1,750

27 Months, 10k Miles: $435 month tax incl.

Thank you.
    You got the WOW factor going. Invoice would be about 44K. Your at 42K. They must have really wanted to sell you a car. You must be the owners son. All kidding aside---buy that baby when the lease is up. You can't loose.
    Great deal.
  • paul1975paul1975 Member Posts: 7
    Is the 41916 after the 1750 incentive? If not, does that mean that the car selling price is 41916-1750?

How much should I expect as depreciation if we have to sell this car in a year if I get to buy at the above price instead of leasing assuming I wont put more than 8k miles in a year.
    41916 is before applying the 1750 + whatever is left from the (2,000 - inceptions)

I am not sure how to calculate a 1yr depreciation other than looking at kbb and other sources for a one year old, similar car, average miles... same thing i do when thinking about the residual value.. i look for 3 year old cars,
  • sd1234sd1234 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    Congrats!! Would you please let me know where you got this deal? How did you negotiate?

MSRP=46921, Sale Price=40166 (41916-1750), Res=66%, MF=0.00070, 27 months, 10k miles, $2000 drive-off

14.39% off MSRP, Lease= $435/month (390+45tax)

Are these numbers correct?

Invoice should be around $43800. You got it around 2k below Invoice and then got 1750 on top. Wow! Congrats again.
    Yup.. those numbers are correct!.

pm me your info.
    Hmm.. Can't seem to figure out how to send a pm. When I click on your username, it takes me to your user profile + last 5 posts page.
    Are you able to pm me?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The forums aren't set up for private messages. And asking other forum members about their deals helps everyone - that's the whole idea of an online community. So post away.
  • paul1975paul1975 Member Posts: 7
    Do you think I would get the same deal if I am ready to buy instead of leasing?
    Based on what I am hearing, it is possible in SoCal. Once I close mine, I will update.
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone purchased "Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control" which is an add-on to the RX-350? The Lexus website says "See dealer for pricing".

How much should one pay for that?

There is also something called "Pre-Collision System with Pre-Collision Braking and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control".
  • forumuser2forumuser2 Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal in SanFrancisco Bay Area - what should I expect to pay?

Model year 2013 - new RX-350 from unsold 2013 inventory

Premium package with Blind Spot $2760 per Lexus website
    Navigation package $2775 per Lexus website
    Heated/ventilated front seats $640
    Park Assist $500
    Total offered by dealer to me $41,975 (includes all rebates) - Does not include TTL and registration fees. Not sure whether this includes destination fees.
    Anyone purchase a 2014 Rx 350 yet? I'm in the market for one in the San Francisco Area. Wanted to get some prices.
    Did they give u an out the door price yet?
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Member Posts: 6
    Sorry, I did not understand the question possibly because I have not shopped cars for 11+ years.

The total offered by dealer to me was $41,975 (includes all rebates) - Does not include TTL and registration fees. I do not think this includes destination fees. I think California limits doc fees to $80 from what I see on the web. Is there anything else that I should watch out for?

Thanks for asking the question as it has got me thinking and will make me more careful.
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    What is the MSRP on that vehicle?
    Talk about a tangled web. Read all your posts--but-- you loose me. You jump around like--everywhere. Really---- sounds to me like your putting this thing together---not a,dealer. Why do I say that---because the deal you purported originally was almost to good to believe. Now,with all your scatter-shot info--the credibility of your "deal" had dropped to ---No longer believable.
  • hayden4749hayden4749 Member Posts: 1
    Currently looking to buy in New England. Pricing I received from a dealer.

The following are selling prices.

With Nav *Selling Price*: $44,549 MSRP: $49,930
    Without Nav *Selling Price*: $42,134 MSRP: $46,815

I see some cashback if I finance with Lexus. I assume that isn't included in the pricing.
  • forumuser2forumuser2 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is $48675.

Is there some other line item the dealer can tack on to make up for the discounted price? What are the legitimate fees the dealer can add and how much should they total up to? Sales tax is 8.75% in my county.
    edited September 2013
    1st lemme thank these forums & everyone contributing here for all the knowledge. I leased mine and am very happy.

RX350 + Display Audio package+Premium Package+heated/ventilated seats + other installed options MSRP 47300 + Lojack 795 = Total 48095
    Sale price = 41000 (after 1750 rebate) + Drive off taxes etc + 700 bank fee

My deal is $476 including taxes in SoCal for 27 months, 66% residual and 10k miles. I paid total ~$980 including everything. $980 I paid went towards the $1000 security deposit (refundable at lease end) and it almost halved my MF from the Top tier@Lexus which was 0.00035

Rex Urasaki @ Tustin Lexus is the man. Very honest & straightforward. Highly recommended.