Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wannabeowner1wannabeowner1 Member Posts: 3
    Do you recommend that I buy extended warranty for a new RX350 before taking it out of the shop? If yes, how many years extended warranty and for how much?

Thirdly, is it better to take this warranty at the dealer itself before leaving the premises or later from my credit union?
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    great price in my opinion. Not sure what other fees should be in CA. In NJ, when I was shopping around a month ago - for TTL+doc/bank fees, it was around 1300. Doc fees was around 450 - that should be much less in CA.
  • dennism5dennism5 Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys,

I am in the market to buy a new car. Currently, I have narrowed it down to two cars:
    1. 2014 Acura RDX AWD W/Tech (MSRP $40515)
    2. 2013 Lexus RX 350 AWD with these packages: Lexus Display/Audio, Comfort package, Premium package W/Blind Spot plus some minor accessories. (MSRP $48000)

There is about a $7.5K price difference between the two cars but I want to see how much of a discount I can get for each car to see if the price difference goes down.

I am from the Chicagoland area (7% tax). What is a good deal for these cars? I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thx!
    Just wanted you guys to know that I pulled the trigger on the 2013 RX 350 AWD.

47000(excluding ttl and the 1750 finance cash back which I got as well). MSRP 51060

Options include comfort package, nav, premium with blind spot, Park assist, 19 inch wheels, preferred accessory package, cross bars, leather trimmed steering wheel, towing prep and door edge guards.

Got the 1.9% for 60 months as well.

I could have gotten it for lower but i wanted a particular color combination and stock was starting to run low. I was able to negotiate using information gleaned from this forum so thank you! This was at Schaumburg, IL.
  • snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    Your deal was right on the money. That is exactly what everyone should get at this time of year. You got a good deal.
  • rx350mnrx350mn Member Posts: 12
    Did you paid any destination charges? How much? I got a quote which has $895 detination charges.
    any destination fees were included in the $47K price.

Stuff not included in the price: taxes, title and registration, and $164.30 for doc fees

Also didn't include the $1750 rebate I got in the $47K
    edited October 2013
    Please let me know what you think of this deal.

MSRP: 50.6K
    Sale Price 47K
    Plus $1750 discount/cashback (Lexus Financing)

I know dennism5 got 51K MSRP for 47K. But look like it is hard for me to get it. "dennism5" please help me if you can so I can get the same deal like you. Look like I have to take whatever the color available (Not my choice) and also I have to travel 400+ miles to get it.
    If I read the numbers correctly, you are getting almost the same deal as me (~400 bucks more). I used the end of month timing to get the deal I wanted. But I don't know if you can wait for that long.

I contacted all dealers around me and gave them my price (I said I wanted to be around 48.5K out the door). And out of 7-8 dealers I contacted, two offered to do around 49K and I went with the first one who did that because I was having a hard time getting some of the dealers to find the color combination I wanted and I didn't want to deal with picking another color.

It all depends on how many dealers you have in the area and if they have the car you want in stock. They will definitely be looking to get rid of the 2013 stock now so you should be able to get the price you want if you have enough dealers around you.
  • mendota101mendota101 Member Posts: 17
    Just bought 2013 EX350 with the F sport front bumper. The dealer says there are two packages: film covers rear view mirrors, fenders , front hood: $395. For the front bumper another $395.
    These prices are for the film itself and installation will be another $4-500.

The cost appears high. Has anyone else purchased this Lexus certified paint protection option?

Thank you.
    BTW love the car. Came out of a 2010 ES350 that I hated for the bad driver's seat causing back pain.
  • kash4kash4 Member Posts: 5
    RX350MN-

I am in MN but not getting a price anywhere close to this. Can you let me know the name of the dealer and salesperson. Thanks much.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    That's a dealer installed very high profit aftermarket item. Probably worth less than half of the quoted price, I'd pass unless they come way down on the price. Shops that do glass tinting sometimes offer similar products at more competitive prices and dealers often sub out the jobs to them anyway. My 2¢.

Pete
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    I paid $429 for something called 'paint protection film'. It is not a Sport model but an AWD RX350. Also, I am sure the film was factory installed since it was listed in the window sticker as a separate line item. Not sure if it covers bumpers and mirrors - too dark now to make out. It might be more when it is dealer installed since they do not have the benefit of volumes. Maybe what they are offering you is something else.
    I got this from Milwaukee dealer. I dont think it is possible to get any decent deal in MN. You can reach me direcly at rx350mn@gmail.com to discuss more.
    I was offered 2.5% interest rate even though I showed preapproval for 1.9% from my credit union. The price of the car is good only if I get $1750 from lexus financials. The fianance guy advised to get loan from credit union when requested him to match it. Look like refinance terms are different in Lexus financials since they are paying $1750 from them. There seems to be a waiting period of 4 months are 6 month before we refinance in order to get $1750. That time rates might have changes even in my credit union. So I am confused now and I think only want to close the deal is if Lexus match 1.9%. My FICO score is 807 and my wife FICO score is 787. Please advise.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Lexus does offer 1.9% financing on the 2013 RX350, but at that rate, you have to forego the $1750.

If you take your credit union 1.9% rate, you'll also forego the $1750..

On a $50K loan, the difference between 1.9% and 2.5% over 60 months is just under $800. So, pay $800 more in interest to Lexus, but get $1750 more off the vehicle.

I'd take the financing from Lexus, then see if it's worth your while to refinance in a few months..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2013
    I saw some post previously that some of them got 1.9% interest as well as $1750 cash back. I dont think we should forget $1750 if we need to get 1.9%. May be it is Lexus trick to give some discount upfront and collect more in the form of interest.
    What is the minimum wait period to refinance at a lower rate without incurring any fees or penalties?
    Just use your FICO. Your over 800. Home free for Toyota finance rate.
    I called Lexus financials. The rep told that if there is any cash incentive involved for financing then it is up to the dealership to decide terms and conditions. I dont have answer for waiting period. I googled for it and some mentioned 4 months to 6 months (Unable to confirm).
  • octooloctool Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I really have no idea how this works and want to make sure I have a good deal on the table.

2013 RX350 with Nav, Sports appearance Package, heated seats Prem Pkg w/ blind spot

MSRP $48,915 Lease quoted with nothing down other than tax, licensing first month payment.

12k miles per year $474.55 before tax 36 months.

Is this too high or a good deal? Thanks
    First off your msrp with what you have listed does not add up. msrp should be around $52k with a sell price in the $48k range. Could be this is what you meant to convey. If so--yep-- good deal.
  • octooloctool Member Posts: 4
    I was given the Vehicle Inquiry Report it says MSRP $48,915.00 Invoice: $46,232.00. Maybe I am listing the packages wrong. But this is what I have. I believe the sell price is $43,432.
  • planolexusplanolexus Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Bought a 2013 Lexus RX 350 FWD today with the following options

1. Premium Package with blind spot monitoring
    2. Navigation Pkg
    3. Comfort Pkg
    4. 19inch alloy wheels
    5. Intiutive Park assist
    6. Wood Leather/Strapped steering wheel/shift knob
    7. Remote engine start
    8. Preferred accessory pkg
    9. Towing prep pkg
    MSRP was $50029.

Out the door $46,500 (including Tax Title/License) with 2.9%, 60 month Lexus Financing. Is this a good deal? Just going through buyers remorse at the moment.

Thanks
    You got a excellent deal. Congrats. Now enjoy the ride. I got my RX in June. All wheel drive. Love every drive. Great car. Safe-safe-safe.
    With everything rolled in you should have no buyer remorse. Enjoy
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    Hi folks. Has any gone from a car like a Camry to an RX, and what can you say about the difference in ride comfort?

Skip
    edited October 2013
    This forum was very helpful and I want to thank all contributors

Premium Package
    Lexus Display Audio Package
    Remote Engine Start
    Towing Prep Package
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks

$47K MSRP
    $43.3K sale price
    plus tax, title and fees.
    -$1,750 Lease Finance Cash
    $41.5K after lease discount
    OTD price = 45K
    Got 1.9% for 5 years finance
    Had a loaded Camry hybrid. The ride was excellent. Problem is-- it was a new 2007. Test drove the new 2011 Camry and the ride and over-all quality went down hill. No where near as comfortable either. Also had a 2008 Prius. Excellent car all around. Traded in for a 2010. Mistake---was not even close to the build or ride quality of the 08. Sorry to say the Toyota line is not as top shelf as it was in the earlier models. I now have a new 2013 RX 350. The ride is quality and so is the build. Quiet,smooth and refined. Mileage is less than stated. But then again I did not buy it for mileage. Bought it for the above stated. Love it. Best auto I have ever owned.
  • harry98harry98 Member Posts: 11
    I'm buying a 2014 Rx 350. The gross with dealer fees ,options and tax is just about 50,000. How do you guys get them down to 43-45 ? I need some pointers please.
    Thanks
    We don't. That might happen with a leftover 2013---though I doubt it---
    Figure on a 50k RX about $2-2500 off sticker on a 2014. They look exactly,the same except for wheels. The 2013-- could be an extra 1k off. Depends on that inventory of 2013 models. You will read a whole bunch of bull on what people pay. Go to Edmunds TMV. That will give you a good idea where to start. If your going to lease--- wait for the factory lease specials,to come out. Such as Dec. to remember deals. Those will be the best. Good luck. You will love the vehicle.
  • smiley415smiley415 Member Posts: 8
    Let me know how it goes. I'm in the boat.
    I was offered $3,000 off list but they're trying to make me buy almost every option on the RX 350. I want most but not all of what they have. They tell me that they order them in packages and if I wanted to order one the way I want it would take 4 months and there will be no discount. Sounds like organized crime if you ask me. Anybody else find this to be true ?
    The RX is a popular auto. But---- four months is a blatant lie. If it were coming directly,from Japan a long wait of about six weeks to port would be about right. These vehicles are already in the US. They come from Canada except for the hybrid. That is built in Japan. So a two week wait from a holding depot would be about normal. All depends on trucking or rail shipments. But--- no way four months. They are giving you the old bull. You should be able to get what you want with-in reason unless you really want a oddball combo.
    Two different dealers told me about the 4 month wait. I guess they conspire :).
    Look at it this way. Dealers swap out cars all the time. Why would they not mention that to you. They can view any dealers inventory for the vehicle you would take. Plus if its a 2013 dealers want to move their inventory. They have to pay for those vehicles on their lot. It behoves them to swap. 2014---not as much because they don't have full inventory this early in the model switch.
    One of the dealers told me ( today ) that they all get together ( in my area ) at the beginning of the year and tell Lexus what packages to produce. So I guess they do conspire :). Oh well. I guess I wanted most of them and I'll try to use/ enjoy the rest.
    Sorry that's bull. They don't get a price deal by ordering together. Man you have some unethical dealers --- sales people in your area. You should drop a email to one of the VP"s at Toyota motors. I,would think they would want to know whats going on in this district. District manager won't help--- he would not want the bad print and would,keep,things to himself. Go to,the top. I have done that before and it really works. Just keep pressing until you get results. You will at some point. Toyota is excellent to deal with.
    Well , I didn't care to ( nor did I have the time ) fight City Hall as they say. I got my 2014 loaded , they even had this one window tinted. It was $51,000 ( 50,300 plus 700 fee ) and about 3,0000 tax for a total of $ 54,000. My OTD was $46,000. That 15%. I think I did good.
  • mm1984mm1984 Member Posts: 5
    You did amazing.
    May I ask the dealer name?
    How did you get it so cheap? Did you have any incentives thrown in (Lexus ownership? Military ? )
    I went to three dealers in a 100 mile radius. I told all of them who they were competing with and I had them all appraise my trade. The largest one with the most inventory was most aggressive to not let the other two win. I made them an offer and it only took the sales manager a few minutes with the GM of the dealership to come over and approve my deal.
  • mm1984mm1984 Member Posts: 5
    So did the OTD price include your trade price? If so, how much did they appraise your trade for?
    Yup. I gave them 39,000 and a 2009 Chev HHR ( appraised at 7,000 ) it had two worn tires and needed $500 body work. That was a fair trade in as far as I could tell. It had 38,000 miles on it.
  • lifulifu Member Posts: 3
    could you list all the major options included in your new RX350 (specification)? thanks for sharing the info and experience
    Base 39,760
    Comfort pkg. 1,340
    19" wheels 770
    Nav sys 2,775
    Intuitive parking. 500
    Premium pkg. 2,760
    Towing prep. 245
    Wood and leather
    Steering wheel. 330
    Cross bars ( roof rack )259
    Cargo may, net , wheel
    Locks 255
    Window tint. 399
    Dealer fee ( yuck ). 699
    Delivery. 910
    -------

Hope this helps.
    edited November 2013
    Harry98 wrote:
    > Two different dealers told me about the 4 month wait.

What I wanted was the base vehicle plus adaptive cruise control plus blind spot monitor. And nothing else. They said such a vehicle will have to be special ordered and that it would take 3 months for the factory to manufacture the vehicle to these specs and then to ship to the dealer. Shipping time is included in the 3 months. The salesman said if I wanted to buy the adaptive cruise control feature off the lot, I would have to buy a car with almost all options included because the factory only builds certain 'popular' package combinations. And that was why my requirement was not available off the shelf.
    Yup. They got ya coming and going. I'm happy now to have all the options. You only live once is my new attitude and how much do you really want to leave to your kids is my new motto ;). Negotiating a good deal is your only retort.
    Good luck. You'll love it once you get it.
  • jml1949jml1949 Member Posts: 3
    Harry, where are you located and what is the name of the dealer? Thanks.
  • riteshnriteshn Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to this forum. Bought my 2014 Lexus RX 350 AWD.
    Comfort Package
    Premium Pack w blind spot
    Navigation
    Backup camera
    cargo mats & all weather mats
    cross bars
    Wheel locks
    Towing Prep

OTD: 46275 + 1.9% APR.
    Great price. You're gonna love it.