Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    It's hard to tell with out knowing if we are talking about the same vehicle. See my post #550. Do you have a sales tax in Louisiana?. I have been getting bought out of my 39 or 36 month leases after 2 years. I am turning in a 2005 with 9 months left. My dealer says I am able to do this as they need my car and can sell it for more than my residual value plus the remaining payments; and the sale tax is reduced on the 2008 because of the trade in of the 2005. Don't know if this helps and I don/t know if I'm getting a good deal but I love driving a new RX every two years without putting any money down!
  • dysdys Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I am actually in the S.F. Bay Area as well. I guess that means the "Build you lexus" does acurrately reflect the availability of the "options'.
  • chevy769chevy769 Member Posts: 12
    Your monthly payment includes depreciation of the car and interest on the loan(this is REALLY NOT a lease) plus profit for the dealer. the dealer may make a profit also on the resale of your older vehicle.

These cars depreciate about $5,000 the first year. Dealers normally offer trade in value, which is usually about 80% of the current retail price. Interest on a $40,000 loan at 7% is $2,800/yr. So, your minimum payment must be at least $7,800/12, or $650. The dealer is making a profit, so add another $100 or so per month. It could be a good deal, but I doubt that the dealer really has the customer as his first concern. The dealers make large margins on late model certifieds that are still in factory warranty. The dealer will take a good used car like yours and likely even sell it at or near the current NEW car price to unsavy prospects who don't do their homework.
  • dmk62202dmk62202 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Los Angeles and just got into a new lease this weekend on a 2008 RX 350 - standard premium package w/ navigation.

Invoice: $39,385
    MSRP: $44,146
    Neg. Price: $39,750
    Cap Cost: $39,750 + $595 (bank fee) = $40,345
    Res. Value: $25,605
    Term: 36 mos
    Mileage: 12,000/year
    MF: .00202
    Sales tax: 8.25%
    Payment: $587.44

Also got them to take my Audi, which had 5 payments left on the lease, as a trade-in, so I had no out-of-pocket.
  • flash13flash13 Member Posts: 2
    let me reiterate......the 2004 RX 330 lease which is up (i'm selling to a friend at pay-out which is $21,900) is far below what i could have got had i tried to sell outright. my sales tax in this area is 8.5% ......my quote is for a 2008 RX, 15,000 miles/yr, no security, no money down (drive in, sign, drive out) 1st payment only of $739/mth wiht everything roled in......total cost with destination charge is $43,056 which is the premium package plus. any help would be appreciated, as i hate to sound ignorant but it seems as though a lot of you have done a lot of homeowrk in this area.
    thanks
  • jpowell612jpowell612 Member Posts: 6
    I have been searching for a 2007 RX350 used or new w/ Nav, Prem+, black exterior preferred. I am not getting convincing offers in Columbia, SC and I am willing to travel for the right deal. Anyone had much luck with dealerships in SC, GA, or NC?

Quotes I have received so far in North & South Carolina (can I do much better?):
    New 2007 FWD - (black), no nav - $37,988+
    New 2008 FWD - (black), nav - $42,111+
    Used 2007 FWD - (bamboo), nav, 26k mi - $38,879+
    Used 2007 FWD - (white), nav, 6k mi - $40,605+ (demo)
    Used 2007 AWD - (flint), nav, 7k mi - $41,800+
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Member Posts: 34
    jpowell612,

New 2007 FWD (black/black) with no nav for 34,715 plus doc fee (399)and TT. If you need contact info please email me.
  • sheikh1sheikh1 Member Posts: 8
    you're getting ripped off. I got a brand new 2007 AWD white/nav/premium--2 miles on it for around 38, $40,300 with tax tags about a month ago.
    Where did you get this vehicle w/ options for 38k? Please send contact info if within driving distance to South Carolina. The local dealership in Columbia, SC is only selling 2008's for MSRP and 2007's @ 2K under MSRP. I know they are inflating and that my patience will pay off in the end when the right deal is negotiated. I wonder if it will take a couple more months of the 2008 being out for 2007's to drop significantly?
    Bought it from len stoler lexus in maryland right outside of baltimore. Did everything on the phone with the internet sales manager. Just picked up the car for delivery. He gave me a good deal b/c I called the last day of February. Easy experience. Highly recommend them. See post 515--that's me but I forgot my login name to edmunds so I used a different email account and I never know which one I'm using when I write. Good luck
  • tpi52tpi52 Member Posts: 5
    will start my hunt soon for a 400h - since I live in Charleston I'll start with the local dealer - I assume that you must have shopped your car with the Charleston dealer -
    can you share any thoughts on that experience?
  • msindallasmsindallas Member Posts: 190
    We got an RX330 last year, but couldn't get the options we wanted. We wanted the HID biXenon headlights, dealer told us they come only in 2 packages - with and without navi. No HID's on RX330, to get those we'd have to move up to some $65k vehicle. 2 weeks after the purchase we noticed other RX330's on the road with those lights. Then researched and the Sylvania website says Lexus does offer those. Not sure if the dealer was BS-ing us. My bad, didn't do enough research up front. Now they want $6,000 to put in those headlights. My next purchase definitely wont be a Lexus, and certainly not from the dealership - Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I ordered the Premium Plus Package on my '07 RX330 which includes:

Leather-trimmed interior
    Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
    Lexus Memory System to control power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    Illuminated entry system
    Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
    Roof rack with rails
    High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with auto leveling
    Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

The MSRP for the package was $2,960 (INV $2,368) but I received it after "The Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event" option price drops were announced on 7-26-06 at which time it became $2,060 (INV $1,648). Unfortunately some Lexus sales departments have a very bad cavalier attitude, including my local one; you need to find one that doesn't.

Pete :)
  • dpobdpob Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

First time here and would like to know if I got a good deal or not as I never owned a new car before and dealing with car salespersons isn't the first thing on my list of things to experence before I die. That said I just purchased an 08 RX350 AWD white/pearl leather wood WITHOUT the NAV systems for $38400. Sticker was $43K . I am in N.Calif. So did I get screwed, a fair deal or a great deal. I used to have a 850t5 Volvo, old and it was paid for but my mech. was getting rich so I decided to buy a Lexus for the first time. Your feedback is welcomed.

Thanks
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    I would have thought being in California, you would have gotten much better than that ... I bought at the same price as yours (Premium Plus, No Nav) in Seattle, where some users have drove down from Seattle to Bay Area and bought theres coz of cheaper price. I would say it is fair.

But, its an awesome car ... enjoy it.
  • gatortalegatortale Member Posts: 4
    I waited till I was ready to pull the trigger, then told the internet guy (Doug) what I was willing to pay (invoice price) on an 08 and, because Sarasota FL would do it, he matched their offer.

Got my wife an 08, Performance plus package w/ XM, HID, heated seats, rain sensing wipers for $38000, OTD price of $41000 even. We saved exactly $4k off sticker.

I cannot say enough about the education I received on this site, and I saved a bundle.
  • gasman1gasman1 Member Posts: 321
    Congratulations! You have a very good vehicle at a very good price. You saved $4,600 off MSRP. My closest Lexus dealer is 65 miles and won't budge off sticker. My next closest Lexus dealer is 150 miles and won't drop more than $2,000 off sticker. If I decide to go with Lexus, I may end up flying out of state to get one. I'm envious of your vehicle and your deal. Be happy with your great deal and enjoy your great vehicle! Life is good!
  • robtsonrobtson Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased on March 31, 2007, a brand new 2007 Lexus RX 350 with Black exterior, the Premium Plus package, and heated front seats. The local dealer added tinting to the front windows and the dealer price selling price before tax and fees was $34,800.

Things I learned:

1. Dealing at the end of the month really makes a difference
    2. The internet manager at the dealerships quickly quoted very good prices and did so rapidly because....
    3. I shopped BOTH of the dealerships in town and the two seem to be fairly competitive.

I live in Dallas and we have both Sewell Lexus and Park Place Lexus in town and they both have two dealerships in the area so they have lots of inventory to draw from.

By the way, the document fee was only $50.00 (I have heard some Lexus dealers use this to make extra money at no cost)
  • vanlamvanlam Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 08 AWD with NAV Bamboo Pearle yesterday for $43,000 out the door at Lexus of Cerritos at S. Cal. The deal I got, no body can match around here, not even different people at the same dealer. Not even Longo can match it.
  • movemamovema Member Posts: 1
  • nackermanackerma Member Posts: 1
    robtson - which dealership did you get this thru? who was your contact? i'm looking to buy one this week.
    Purchased a 2007 RX350 AWD Black/Brown w/ 3000 mi, Nav, Prem +, heated seats/rain sensing wipers, XM, 18in alloys, etc last night for $38,000 +doc fee ($579) and +South Carolina Tx and Transfer ($325) from a Toyota dealership in Georgia. I dealt with someone in their internet department and had to finally talk to the desk before they would accept the deal for the car and trade. I think it is beneficial to wait toward the end of the month (2Apr was the last day of "March" because the actual last day occurred on a weekend) and work through the internet department. The only downside to the deal was the 3 hour drive there and back, but it was worth it to me. If anyone else is hunting in the Carolina area shoot me an e-mail or reply to this and I'll be happy to share my experiences.
  • robtsonrobtson Member Posts: 2
    Nackerma,

email me at rinasaunce@hotmail.com and I will give you the name of my contacts. I ended up purchasing the car at Park Place Lexus in Plano as they had a 2007 in stock but Sewell made me a fantastic offer on a 2008.

I picked up the car yesterday and I could NOT be happier. Its fantastic, looks beautiful and the black exterior with the black interior is sharper than I would have ever imagined (this is the first black car I have ever owned). I am incredibly pleased so far.
  • jerseyjackjerseyjack Member Posts: 13
    New to this ... I'm trying to understand any special lease offers from Lexus on the RX 350. We saw an ad last nite for ~$3925 down, $429 /month for an '07. When I went to the local dealer today they said that "National" offer expired 4/2/07 ... also last nite ... but they would give me the same lease terms on an '08.

The dealer promised the best money factor, either from the expiring special offer or from the next special offer.

My questions are: Was this a bait & switch? Why advertise at 11:30 pm for a deal that ends at midnight? Does Lexus Financial change their lease offers frequently? What should I expect to see in their next "special offer"?
    NICE! You're going to love it. Congrats on a great deal!!
    Actually, the $429 wasn't available & it was for a 2WD car. They came back at $532 (w/tax) and $4,100 down. So I still don't know it's such a great deal.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    jerseyjack......how much of that $4,100 is a "down payment" and how much is for DMV fees, etc.? Let's say $3,000 is the down payment. Divide that by 36 months and you've just added $83.33 per month to your payment. Always calculate a payment using $0 down. Then you can compare apples to apples, and adjust for variable sized down payments.

Any dealer can get your monthly payment down to $100 a month if you give them a big enough down payment. Think about the math. If you give them enough money, you've just bought the car for cash.

Bottom, I'd say it's a bad deal, off the top of my head, but you need to give us more information.
    I actually did the calculation at the dealer. $2500 cap cost reduction. If you subtract 1 month rent ($4,100-$532) and divide by 36 it added $100 per month (your calculation was good!). So all in it came to ~$632. All in, didn't seem like a good deal to me.

We talked about MSDs (multiple security deposits) but that's not the answer.

My question is whether there are any good Lexus lease deals out there for RXs?
  • jmr18jmr18 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 08' AWD RX 350 in CT with Premium Plus and Navigation. MSRP was $45,707 and got it for $41,200. Lease factor was .00259.

Couldn't find an 07' nearby.
  • ohiomanohioman Member Posts: 1
    I hear alot a buying a rx350, but not about trade in deals.

I live near Dayton, Ohio I can drive a good distance if needed.

We have an 05 rx330 15,000 miles Thundercloud special edition with HID lts (no navigation). Excellent condition. Wife loves the SUV. What is the True Value? I have been on edmunds / KBB and another site to compare. Average of the 3 sites $32,000. 20 months old

Told the wife we would update every 2 years, 06 came fast and went, same with 07. Looking for a new 08 Silver with PP+ and Navigation. Price with trade in? Do you think $10,000 +T&T would be a good start not to exceed $10,500 and where do you think I could get a deal within a few hundred miles from Dayton?

It has been two weeks now since I have stopped at Lexus of Dayton to see about a trade in and the salesman has not called me back. Must not want the business.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I have dealt with several dealers and car finding services in the process of purchasing my RX this month and nearly all of them referred to the black book value. This represents the cost to dealers would pay at auction for the same vehicle you are trading them. It may be a scam to get a lower value than Blue Book or Edmunds, I don't know. But I do know that it was tough to get them to budge off it. Here is the address if you want to appraise yours:

http://www.blackbookonline.com/consumer/

I always plugged in bogus info for the car I was searching for as to avoid spam. I hope this helps and good luck!
  • mlrussomlrusso Member Posts: 4
    Please let me know what Toyota dealership in GA you are referring to - I'm looking for a 2007 RX350 AWD with NAV as well.
    Thanks!
  • mlrussomlrusso Member Posts: 4
    Looking for a Lexus RX350 AWD with NAV
    Exterior: Silver (may look at Bamboo Pearl)
    Backup Camera
    Heated seats/rain sensing wipers
    18" Alloy Wheels

Has anyone had good experience buying RX350 in Atlanta? Any dealers you could recommend? Would appreciate any input!
    Thanks!
  • trk123_ustrk123_us Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

From which dealer in Dallas did you buy your brand new 2007 Lexus RX 350? Please reply to trk123_us@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    trk
  • jkfalcojkfalco Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking in CT for an 08 AWD RX 350. What dealership did you buy from? How much were the inception fees? Did you put any money down? 36 months 12k per year? thanks in advance for the info.
  • oclexusguyoclexusguy Member Posts: 6
    Hi Vanlam,

It only make sense if they made the diffence on the Trade. or it was a lease and they made the diffrence in the rate.

or your trying to adv for cerritos and your blowing smoke!

That Deal doesnt make sense at this time.
  • oclexusguyoclexusguy Member Posts: 6
    Hi Ohioman,

Unfortunatley you never get an Excellent trade value for your Rx. most dealers will use karpower. a kbb dealer software. when they appriase the vehicle it would be around fair condition or less. if the car is really in good shape no dings no scratches good tires they might give you bettween fair and good.

Kbb is just an estimator not the real thing, if it was real they would have a Sell button on there.

i dont mean to discourage you. thats the reality of it!

If your not in a hurry. sell your Rx to a private party.

Thanks and good luck!
    It was Toyota Mall of Georgia - I think I got their only RX350 but I'm sure inventory changes constantly. I would suggest expanding your search outside of Atlanta and dealing with the internet departments of various dealers and negotiating with them for the best price/value. That is how I got my deal and I just happened to be 3 hours away instead of 30 min. Websites such as autotrader make it easy to expand your search from 25 to 300+ miles away. Happy hunting and let me know if I can give you any other specific advice. One last thing - before you travel get a deal via e-mail signed off by the desk. It helped me immesely when they tried to play games when I arrived after a 3 hour drive.
  • jmr18jmr18 Member Posts: 3
    Hoffman in East Hartford. I leased it and paid the first months payment, $900 in acquisition and doc fees + registration fees. I bought up from $15k to $18k in miles. Lease payment is $678 including taxes. You could save about $40/month with just $15k miles. Good buying experience.
  • supcommsupcomm Member Posts: 4
    a 2008 AWD w/NAV has MSRP around $45,700. $43,000 is a discount of only $2,700. is that really that good a deal? based on what i've seen on this board it would seem a great deal would be around $41,000-$42,000. i was offered over the phone around $3,000 off MSRP just for starters.

not wanting to make you feel bad but am i missing something?
  • supcommsupcomm Member Posts: 4
    imo, on a brand new rx 350 with low miles, rule of thumb discounts:
    good deal ~6%
    great deal ~9%
    awesome deal ~11%

your quote is about a 9% discount off MSRP. for a brand new vehicle with no miles on it, i would say thats a great deal, not the best, but great nonetheless. but given that it has 4,000 miles on it though i would say you should probably get them down maybe another $750 to make it a great deal. but at this price, adjusted for the mileage, id say its just a good deal.

from what i can tell, awesome deals are rare and may involve timing, luck and also perhaps a trade-in where the dealer is making money on it.
  • silverride1silverride1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, it was the funniest thing i went to edmunds and requested quotes from 4 lexus dealers.
    1st one came in w/in 1/2 hour and he asked how cam i earn your business, i told him i was looking for invoice on a lease. he told me msrp was 43056 fro the AWD premium plus which is build with a few other options dont even remember what they were and thats the way they are shipped to NY which other dealer confirmed.
    anyway within 2 min he went to his manager and approved it all over the phone( no bargining at all).
    it gets funnier, later that day another dealer called me and offer me below invoice 11% off MSRP. so i inturn call a dealer near me and gave him that offer and he accepted it. I went to lease it and while was there another dealer called me and offered me another $722 off but i really didnt care i found the color i wanted (white ) which is a litter bit difficult , i'd have to wait 3 weeks elsewhere.
    paid $38319 net cap cost ,w/ 51%residual ,.00139 money factor on a lease for 36 mo. at Ray Catrina in NJ.
    im very happy.
    the moral of the story is be, patient, educated,and tell them what you want and they accept it with a smile and coffee.
    good luck everyone
  • bahujabahuja Member Posts: 1
    I would recommend Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose to every one. Howard Chen at the dealership is a great person, good salesman and a pleasant professional. I bought my RX350 from there a couple of days ago and what a wonderful experience it has been. No pressure, no psychological games and you come out as a satisfied customer. I used edmunds site for electronic quote, called Howard a couple of times and the prices paid was below invoice.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Please see rule about posting names of salespeople:

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Pete :(
  • pep2pep2 Member Posts: 6
    DFaer Silverride 1: I'm in NJ and looking for an '08 AWD RX. Can you say more about the second dealer who offered the -$722. Thanks PEP1
  • carguy70carguy70 Member Posts: 10
    There is no "add" in the book for a thundercloud edition. clean book on your RX is 30750. (april 1 edition, florida) there are regional adjustments for value but not alot. for instance, here in florida 2wd and awd suv's are basically worth the same because the general public does not add as much value down here. i personally like the added traction in the rain but it does affect gas mileage. hope this info helps!! :)
  • silverride1silverride1 Member Posts: 6
    the dealer was Prestige in NJ cant mention names, but go to edmunds or another site and request a few internet quote , again if they ask how do i earn your business just be straight you want invoice, they will be very pleasant.
    when you talk to the dealer you want to do business with let them know you already have another deal with dealer X , garrenteed they will beet it . Prestige was willing to do better by $20 a month except i stayed w/ Ray Catina cause they had my color on the ground.
    Hope this helps
    Good Luck
  • exodusx187exodusx187 Member Posts: 3
    Found a brand new 2007 FWD RX350 with premium package for $35000 OTD. What do you all think?
  • exodusx187exodusx187 Member Posts: 3
    EDIT: Not sure how to edit my original post, but my previous post is incorrect. I was offered $33900 + tax and tag transfer, no dealer fees. It's a new '07 FWD with premium package. suggestions?
  • calliegirlcalliegirl Member Posts: 3
    New to car buying and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere online. The dealer has the model I want coming in at the end of April. I was "advised" to place a deposit on it to secure the vehicle. My questions are:

How much deposit does Lexus usually require in this case?

what will I be asked to sign along with the deposit? will it actually be the sales contract?

Does Lexus accept credit card for deposit? I'd rather not pay cash?

TIA