Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pep2pep2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks silveride1. I will try to work a similar deal.
  • neospazzyneospazzy Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up an 08 RX-350 with Premium Plus + Navi + extra stuff. Here are the specs:

MSRP = $44,146
    Term = 36 month lease
    Miles = 15K per year
    Drive-off = $3,000
    Monthly payment = $508 pre-tax. I live in OC so the tax is 7.75%. My total monthly payment with tax is $548.

Maybe I could have gotten away with paying less on the drive off, but I think the deal was pretty good already. Lucky for Lexus/Toyota to have great resale value ... which equates to good leasing.
  • marfay2marfay2 Member Posts: 4
    Am looking for 07/08 RX350 AWD w/premium pkg (leather etc). Seems like there are some great deals being made according to this forum. My question is how have negotiations been handled? How do you determine you starting point/final price? Car buying is not my favorite pastime, probably why I keep cars 8-10yrs.
  • hbc75hbc75 Member Posts: 37
    I just made a purchase and drove home in my new '07 silver RX350 w Nav and Prem+. There were 3 '07's left on the lot at Portland Lexus in Maine. Had a great experience working with the internet manager, anyone in New England, I'd recommend them over any other dealer I've visted within 70 miles of where I live. Paid 38,800 OTD. No sales tax for the state which I live in. I am very happy to have dealt with this dealer, they are far above the rest of the Lexus dealerships I've seen. If anyone is in this area looking, check out their inventory at berlincity.com and click rx350 for model... both 2008's and the remaining 07's are listed. They want to move them, so you should send an offer to the internet manager. I'll give you his name if you are interested, just let me know, and I'll email you. There were no hard sells on the extended warranty, just offered and explained, as well as the interior coating/warranty thingy for $595 in case you spill, or puncture the leather, they fix it at no cost. I didn't get either, but they didn't press a thing. Very honest, up front, and tactful. They also did me very good on my trade, so I was EXTREMELY happy. :)
  • hbc75hbc75 Member Posts: 37
    Has anyone had any luck finding a place to purchase Lexus accessories, maybe discounted from what the dealer would sell them for? I am interested in a few items, such as cargo mat/all weather mats. I found a few sites, but they were more expensive than the dealer page. I didn't think to ask during my sale yesterday if they would include those items. It was so fast, a great price, a great experience, I didn't even think of those things.

If anyone has any information, please let me know. Maybe "Accessories" should be a separate topic of discussion on the board?
  • calred34calred34 Member Posts: 7
    Am doing my research and calculations to submit an offer for a new 2008 RX 350 AWD. Given that it is so new, it looks like Edmunds doesn't have the invoice prices posted yet for packages. Can anyone provide me with the Invoice prices for the Performance Package and the Navigation Package (with and without ML Sound). P.S. If it makes much difference I'm in the Baltimore/Washington Area. Or is there another site I can visit that has the 2008 Invoice prices available.

Thanks!
  • thumper24thumper24 Member Posts: 7
    Just curious if i'm looking for the BASIC package of the 2008 RX350. What is a fair OTD price? Thanks!
  • thumper24thumper24 Member Posts: 7
    I dont' know much... but that's the price we're looking for!!! I think that's a decent deal. Can yo ulet me know where you found that?!
  • jmr18jmr18 Member Posts: 3
    calred34- I ran into the same problem re:2008 prices but remembered that my sales guy told me that the 08 prices remain unchanged from 2007. So, I used the 07 Edmunds invoice prices with him.
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    Hello,
    Anyone know of any deals in California (north or south), of RX 350 base model and/or with premium package at invoice price ?
  • theprofessor3theprofessor3 Member Posts: 1
    Dealers have been going as low as $3500 under MSRP
  • parthabnparthabn Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this deal??? This looks too good of a deal!!!
  • lkirby1lkirby1 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealership was your choice of purchase in Dallas because I live in Houston. I will drive to Dallas for the right deal. Who was your contact? I'm looking to buy the 2007 RX 350 ASAP.
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    Anyone could help me locating a premium plus with navi with AWD ? What is the status of inventory in different states.

I am flexible with regards to dealership location.

Thanks in advance for the help !
  • smiley6smiley6 Member Posts: 4
    Good morning.

I am leasing a 2008 Lexus RX 350 FWD with the
    navigation system,
    premium plus package,
    tow hitch receiver,
    all weather mats,
    all windows tinted,
    full size spare tire,
    1 year of AAA for lexus.

for $43,500.00. Interest rate at 4.68 %. Money factor of .003. This is with $3300.00 down and $12000.00 for trade in at 48 months.
    Monthly payment of $250.00.
    Oh yeah this is out the door with everything included.
    Is this a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    1) A money factor of .003 equates to an approximate APR of 7.2%, not 4.68%.

2) You really shouldn't put all of that money upfront on a lease. $15,300? If your car was stolen or totaled in an accident, all that money is at risk. That would be one heck of an expensive lease, if you lost the car in the first year.

I don't know the true leasing paramaters for the Lexus RX. Your total amount doesn't seem too bad, but the way you have it structured is not good at all.

Check with Car_man in the Lease Questions forum.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This is what the dealership told me. This is my first lease. The reason I put down that much is because I am using the multiple security deposit where I will put down a few thousand on the initial deposit then use the remaining money I put down on the multiple security deposit which is refundable. I know Lexus is making out on this deal but I am getting exactly what I want. The main reason to put down so much is to get the deposits back at the end of the lease.
    How much of it is for the multiple deposits?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks to all the valuable and informative information I've read on this forum I'm now trying to put together an 'offer' for a 2008 RX350 AWD - Lease for 36 months. I'm in the Washington DC area. The dealer I'm currently working with has basically said they have three models available and on-site. Others will require special ordering. A base model, one with Premium Plus and NAV and one Premium Plus without NAV. I've decided I want the Premium Plus with NAV. The MSRP they're quoting me is 45,706. This matches when you go to the lexus.com site and select the Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition with Additional Options with an MSRP of 6,191. I believe I should qualify for the top tier .000195 Money Factor (if that is what it is right now). For a lease of 36 months they are showing a residual value of 26,509 which works out to the 58% that I have been seeing. I'm now trying to negotiate the Selling Price. I understand the Invoice price of the Base Model is 34,338. Does anyone have the Invoice price for the above "Package". When I try to use KBB and Edmunds to match the 45,706 they are listing, I'm getting a different figure because on those sites you select the options individually as opposed to the "package". I'm hoping to put together a fair offer to include some profit to the dealer, and I'd really like to have that 'package' invoice price to work with. I will then be adding in the Destination Fee and other miscellaneous accessories. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to become a first time (and long term) Lexus owner! P.S. Am posting on a couple of forums.
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    From costcoauto.com
    Invoice* MSRP*
    Base $34,338.00 $38,800.00
    Options $5,571.00 $6,190.00
    Destination $715.00 $715.00
    Total $40,624.00 $45,705.00
    Thanks a bunch CCACP! That was a site I didn't think about with the information I needed! Now that I have my knowledge let's hope I can succeed in the next step
    :)
    Is this a good price?

2008 Lexus RX 350 FWD with the
    navigation system,
    premium plus package,
    tow hitch receiver,
    all weather mats,
    all windows tinted,
    full size spare tire,

for $43,500.00 - taxes, destination and dealer fees included.
  • eichergmeichergm Member Posts: 6
    Bought my 2008 RX350 in Orange County today (Mission Viejo)

2008 Lexus RX350 AWD
    Navigation system
    No Mark L. or entertainment
    $5000 drive off
    36 month lease
    15K miles / year
    Monthly Payment $408 plus tax for a total of $439 / month

The sales price was abour 6k off sticker and approx. 3k under invoice.
  • natleenatlee Member Posts: 3
    what's the total price for purchasing, not leasing?
    Could you send me dealer's detailed info?
    wrspxx@gmail.com
    thanks
  • dingzxydingzxy Member Posts: 4
    Would you please let me know if the total price below is a good one ? Thank you in advance.
    $37295+2610.65(tax)+334.4(4years license registration fee)+ 206.5(tire tax and documentation)=$40446.6 (total price from a Lexus dealer in NJ).
    if it's with Nav, it's good price.
  • gweismangweisman Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a great deal to me if it's for AWD. Which dealer gave you that price? I'm looking for one in silver with gray interior.

The best price that I have been able to get is $40,500 for Nav with premium package with AWD. Includes all fees other than taxes and tags. I'm told that it includes all options other than dvd player and satelite radio. Does anyone know if this is a good price?

Thanks.
    I just got 08 RX350, FWD,Premium plus with Navigation for $37,000+Tax.
    It is the total price for 08 Lexus rx350 AWD with premium package quoted by Ray Catena Lexus in NJ.
    May I have the information of this dealer.
    Thanks.
    dingzxy@yahoo.com
  • eichergmeichergm Member Posts: 6
    The purchase price of the vehicle was $39225.34. The vehicle has Nav and the Premium Plus Package.

At the end of my 3 year lease, I can buy the vehicle for $25595, however, we think we will need a bigger vehicle then (more kids) so we focused on the lease payments. Hope this helps.
  • flipkin1flipkin1 Member Posts: 1
    Factory Installed Accessories: FV HH NV PT TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: WL C1

Premium Plus
    Nav
    Heated seats with wipers
    Tow Prep
    18 Allow Wheels

Wheel locks
    Cargo Mat

MSRP: 45816.00
    Price: 40500

Is this good? I think it is.
  • huangmaxhuangmax Member Posts: 4
    Factory Installed Accessories: EY FV HH NV PT TO which translates to:

Rear Seat Entertainment System
    Premium Plus
    Navigation system
    Heated seats with sensor wipers
    Tow Prep
    18 Allow Wheels

All below include destination charges, need to pay plus tag, tax and processing fee.

MSRP = $47,395
    Invoive = $41,668
    My Quote = $42,600

Shall I take it?
  • guru123guru123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

So far I think this is good deal. I am also on lookout if you don't mind can you give me details of dealer in NJ. I am from NJ (Edison). You can email me details at tgandhi123@yahoo.com I will really appreciate.

Thanks and Enjoy your new ride.
    See message #644.
  • whostinwhostin Member Posts: 1
    Hi There...thanks for the info I live in Dallas too and looking to get a lexus...can you give me the contact of sales person who you worked with maybe i can get a deal and you can get a refferal maybe or a BIG THANKS from at the very least !! your info was very helpful. Please email me at huzefa.tinwala@gmail.com
    Talked the dealer and did more cutting, got the car for $42K even plus tax, tag, and $100 processing fee.

It is 2008 AWD, nav, dvd, premium plus, tow prep, 18 alloy wheel, and heated seats.

No other dealers in the area (DC) wanted to match the deal and told me to jump at it. I guess it is not a bad one? :o)
  • suvhuntsuvhunt Member Posts: 27
    Hi, I am in Baltimore area and looking for exactly the same car, 2008 with awd, navn, dvd, prem plus, tow prep, etc. Can you tell me which dealer was able to give you that quote? I talked to someone at Pohanka but they were quite reluctant to quote anything over email or phone. Thanks.
  • finn2finn2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Thanks for the info. I called the dealership to ask about this and the answer was ...no way...way too low. When did you buy? did you have a trade in?
    Thx
    Hi, I paid a lot of attention to this forum over the last couple of months. So much information! Depending on the area you are in definately seems to make a difference. I'm in the Wash/Balt area.

Last week I finalized my deal and picked up my new RX350 AWD, Breakwater Blue with Light Grey on Saturday. Premium Plus "package". The one on the lexus site with MSRP 45706 (Nav, Heated Seats w/rain sense, Cargo Mat, Wheel locks, tow prep, 18" allow with spare, etc.)

Lexus of Silver Spring CLEARLY won my business hands down. Awesome folks from dealer, through manager(s) and Finance Team. I know I can't mention names, but ask for the Nascar Guy for your Dealer. He listened to what I needed/wanted, saved me megabucks by talking me out of extra stuff I don't need (and I've already proved to myself he was right). Quick responses on phone and e-mail. I can't wait to get the Lexus survey so I can gloat more on them!

Anyway, I feel I got a great deal and I have no doubt they will continue to serve me in the future.

MSRP 45706
    Actual Paid 41800
    100 Dealer Doc Fee
    Tags, Tax Title

Thanks to those that helped with the valuable information!
    You will like this since the dealer I bought my RX from is much closer to Baltimore than DC. It is Len Stoler, at Owings Mills, MD. I bought mine on 5/19.

I sent you some info to you email at suvhunt@carspace.com

good luck!
  • lexuslisalexuslisa Member Posts: 5
    Was anyone told Lexus Financial had a bank fee of $600 for a lease?? I was able to work dealer in Columbus, Ohio down to 1500 over invoice for AWD Premium Plus with no NAV. MSRP is 41,746.....Invoice is 37,511. I was able to work them to 39,011 and was ready to go when they threw that fee at me. Is that a necessary fee or are they trying to bleed me?
    Every bank has an acquisition fee on a lease.

Most range from $500-$800..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lynn26lynn26 Member Posts: 2
    I just started looking. Have been doing lots of research as I have not purchased a vehicle in 10 yrs and back then I had assistance with negotiating. Haggling is not my strong point. I am looking for a fair price. Got this quote,my first inquiry on a purchase, RX350, AWD, Nav (no ML),Premium Pkg, Heated Front Seats and Cargo Mat: $41,275.

Thanks.
    Lynn,
    I guarantee your first inquiry is thousands off from where they will end up if you don't take their offer. Ask to see their dealer invoice on the vehicle and if they refuse to show you, go elsewhere. That will show you what they paid for that particular vehicle. Offer no more than $1000 over. It may take a while but they will make it happen. Be careful also about your interest rate or money factor if leasing. They may lower the price but increase your interest. ALWAYS check their math to see how they are calculating your payments. They will pad the payment about $20-50 a month if you don't check their math.

Go to the website carbuyingtips.com and read up on how not to get cheated. If you don't know how to check their math, plan to be cheated.

They have an excellent calculator there for entering information on a lease. Get the money factor and residual value from the dealer and enter the info. Print a copy of your numbers and compare them with their numbers. You'll be shocked.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/regm.xls

I bought an RX-350 today. My sales guy told me I did everything a sales guy hopes a customer doesn't do. He asked me where I found my lease calculator and said he hopes his future customers don't use that. They tried to pad my payments by about $50 a month until I showed them they were full of it.

MSRP was 41,746
    Premium Plus Package with no Nav
    Final negotiated price 38,511...a thousand over invoice
    Money factor was 0.00175
    Residual 20,038.08
    Monthly payment of $535 with NO DOWN PAYMENT
    48 month lease 12,000 miles/yr.

You can email me at LMK710@columbus.rr.com and I can help you further if you would like.
  • susanrufesusanrufe Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I too am in the DC/MD area looking for a 2008 RX350 and have communicated with quite a few dealers. You took home an 08 with the Navigation package and DVD for $42K from Silver Springs? That is a fantastic deal! Are you willing to share your dealers name for a referral?

Thanx!
    Yep, 42K for 08 AWD loaded with 6 options.

The dealer is Len Stoler, zip code 21117. Ask for the sales manager, and tell him Ying sent you. Good luck.
  • lynn26lynn26 Member Posts: 2
    Lexuslisa, I sent you an e-mail!
  • rwctttrwcttt Member Posts: 2
    I've been gathering information from this forum and did some other research on and off line. Got a deal from a local dealer for '08 Rx350 AWD with premium package D which is the one w/o nav:
    MSRP 43,056
    Sales price 37,944 (600 below invoice according to dealer)
    Lease term 36/12k
    MF 0.00195
    RV 58% of MSRP
    Cap cost reduction 0
    Drive off 913.63
    Monthly payment 542.17
    comments welcome
    First, you said MSRP according to the dealer. Ask to SEE the invoice. They must show you!

I calculated the numbers you gave and came up with $483 per month!!!!!

Either the dealer is padding your payment for his profit, or there are fees and taxes you didn't mention. Does this amount include the taxes and aquisition fee?

Just picked up my RX-350 AWD today, Premium Plus w/o nav.
    MSRP 41,746
    Sales price 38,511
    MF .00175
    Residual 20038
    48 month lease

With taxes and all fees.....monthly payment 535.07 with no cap cost reduction.