Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rwctttrwcttt Member Posts: 2
    Acquisition fee of 600 to be added to final sales price. Monthly payment quoted includes tax of 8.25%. Using the calculator from www.carbuyingtips.com I come up with the exact figures so I think the dealer is honest with these numbers.
  • Options
    afollafoll Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a certified pre owned RX 350. 2007 dealer demo with 19800 miles what do you all think is a good price. The negotiations will begin at $36000.
    Thanks
  • Options
    freiwill01freiwill01 Member Posts: 14
    New to the site and getting ready to buy. Here's what my local dealer quoted for a 2008 RX350 FWD:

18" 7 Spoke Wheels
    Multi-Stage Heated Front Seats
    Generation 5 Navigation w/ bluetooth
    Premium Plus Package
    Towing Package
    Wheel locks
    Cargo Mat
    Destination Charge: $715
    Procurement Fee: $289
    Total before taxes/title/license: $41,589 (this number includes the destination and procurement)
    MSRP: $44,416

I offered $40,641 but the salesperson wouldn't budge. Was wondering if the dealership's offer was reasonable. Any thoughts would be helpful.
  • Options
    joe142joe142 Member Posts: 1
    New to the site. I am looking to purchase a Rx 350 with AWD, Premium Plus and NV. Dealer in bayarea offered me a $40K and says the price is $300 below invoice. Is this price reasonable. MSRP and invoice specified by the dealer is not matching with the Edmunds/Vehix. What is the best way to check the MSRP and Invoice.

Please help
  • Options
    forgot to mention this is a FWD model
  • Options
    smopartsmopart Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a 2008 FWD RX350 with premium plus package plus navigation system. MSRP was 44,400 and I negotiated down via email with the internet sales manager to $39,600 including destination. Got a bamboo pearl with grey leather. was a wonderful buying experience. No hassles. Invoice was quoted to me as $39,200 for this package. Next best offer was at park place grapevine for 40,300. I purchased at Sewell in Dallas. i can also be reached at srinivmo@baylorhealth.edu.
  • Options
    carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Thank you all for such great advice and information. I'm hoping that someone knows how to calculate a monthly lease amount for me. I was interested in leasing the following vehicle for 36 months:

2008 RX 350 AWD with the Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition with additional options. The base price of the car is $38,800 + Options $6,191 + Delivery and Handling $715 = MSRP $45,706. The dealer cost is approx 39,838 and I would hope to pay $41,000.

I would be in the top credit category (tier 1), I believe is .00195, My out of pocket will be $3,000 at time of lease, NJ sales tax of 7%, assume a residual of 56%. I wanted to know the monthly lease amount with tax.

If there is another piece of information which is needed, please let me know. Thank you so much for your help.

(I also posted under Lexus RX 330 / RX 350 / RX 400h: Lease Questions Forum)
  • Options
    lexuslisalexuslisa Member Posts: 5
    To answer your question, I calculated $596.48 per month including tax. That is without any title or registration fees. I wouldn't recommend putting that much down on a lease. Also, with tier one credit, I just got a money factor of .00175 through Lexus financial. I would insist on a better rate. That makes a HUGE difference. Let me know if you need anymore help.
  • Options
    whiterwhiter Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased the RX350 FWD Premium Plus Package with Navigation and heated seats in BrandWine/Ivory for 39500 + tax out the door from a Auto Broker.

Will be delivered in 3 days!

Whoa!! :D
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Congratulations on your purchase of the RX350, whiter! I see you got to get one of the new colors that came out, the Brandywine color. I saw that color a few weeks ago parked at the Lexus dealership. It's a very nice color! I think you will really enjoy your RX. I know I have so far! Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thank you maximafan!

It's my wife car, I'm still driving a Lincoln Aviator :(

Maybe one day I'll grow up to drive a Lexus. :)
  • Options
    carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Thanks so much for the reply. If I can get a lower money factor, it should hopefully bring the payments down. I was hoping to keep the payments close to $500/ month. I only need 10k miles per year, I wonder if lexus has a lease to accommodate this at a lower monthly payment. I will find out. However, thanks so much for your help.
  • Options
    pkdraggiepkdraggie Member Posts: 11
    Factory Installed Accessories: FV HH NV PT TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: WL C1

Premium Plus
    Nav
    Heated seats with wipers
    Tow Prep
    18 Allow Wheels

Wheel locks
    Cargo Mat

MSRP: 45816.00
    Price: 40500

I live in the NY area, can you send me more information about this? I think its a pretty good deal with NAV
  • Options
    smopart,
    thanks a bunch for your input. Here's an update on where I am: went back to the local dealer on 31-May hoping to get them to reduce their last offer. They said they might be able to work something out because they have other RXs on the lot with options I want but not in the exterior color I was looking for. I didn’t take their offer since I didn’t like the other colors they have.
    Started sending out ‘feelers’ to other dealers out of town and will probably end up getting it from one of them. The first quote I received was $41,250 (w/out fees/taxes included) – looks promising so far.
    For those out there looking, I signed up consumer reports and found out that there’s a dealer holdback of $748. This brings the dealer bottomline on base RX FWD to $33,046 (including destination). Not sure how accurate CR is but thought I share this info with the forum.
    Btw, has anyone had any luck negotiating an RX with mark levinson system? That is really my ideal option package but they seem to be rare to find and therefore harder to negotiate.
  • Options
    kariromakariroma Member Posts: 8
    I am shopping for a 2005 rx330. The last quote I got was the following:
    premium plus + nav + certified pre-owned.
    Price=35,800 (without tax, reg, and fees)
    Total(with taxes/fees/etc) = ~38,000
    Miles: 37,000
    3.9% financing 36 months (not a lease)
    NY/NJ area.
    This seems like a really high price considering some of the quotes I've seem on this forum for the new 2008 350 - about 40k. Any thoughts on the price and why there is such a small difference between the 2005 and 2008?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    Now that Motor Trend picked the Hyundai Veracruz over the Lexus, maybe we will see some better discounts.
  • Options
    don't do it
  • Options
    The invoice on a base 2008 RX350 FWD is $33,046 (MSRP: $37,400). It doesn't mean you can get one at invoice, but judging from this forum, you should be able to get one between MSRP and invoice. With the smallest premium package (~$12k), you just might get a new one for around $38k. Do your research and see it for yourself.
  • Options
    renzo07renzo07 Member Posts: 10
    Well I'm back in the market to buy a new vehicle and I'm very interested in the RX350 07' or 08'. I need someone to tell me which I could get a better deal on and I'm trading my car in. Do they do down alot on prices? Need advice especially if anyone has purchased from Lexus of Albuquerque
  • Options
    mlrussomlrusso Member Posts: 4
    I'm also on the market for a new 2008 RX350 and was just facing the dilemma of whether to trade in my car or sell it on my own. I called a couple of Lexus dealers in the area on what I could get as a trade-in value and decided to sell my vehicle myself through autotrader.com, craigslist and ajccars.com. I got extra $5,000 on top of the trade-in value by selling it myself. It was a little more hassle but the money I got made it totally worth it!
    I would recommend doing research on kbb.com first to see what your car value is and comparing that number to the number that the dealers will give you for your trade-in.
  • Options
    oops, in my last post (#684) I meant $1.2k (not $12k) on the smallest premium package.
  • Options
    darziedarzie Member Posts: 1
    Considering a 2008 AWD with msrp of $45,816. From these forums, seems as though invoice is about 12-13% less. What would be a great price for this vehicle in metro Detroit area?
    Also, has anyone heard that this might be the last year that
    the RX will be called an RX, but might be called something else if they go to the new 2008 Highlander chassis with 7 passenger seating? Wonder if that's why they introduced the
    2008 so early. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    Which car are you trading in?
  • Options
    renzo07renzo07 Member Posts: 10
    I'm going to be trading in my 06 chrysler 300C
  • Options
    xiajiaggxiajiagg Member Posts: 31
    Pkdraggie and Flipkin1, which NY/NJ dealer did you get the quote from? I think it is an excellant deal. I would like to get one at this price as well. Maybe we can team up and have the dealer to further reduce it? :blush:
  • Options
    We should team up, I'm pretty upset at the pricing they offered me at the Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, they told me invoice price was around 40800 and they need to charged $1000, OVER IT, so 41,800 for the AWD RX 350 08 with NAVIGATION and premium package without tax, registration fee and etc. The dealer was horrible but he did give me an insight taht NY they are not allowed to charge a documentation fee at the end but NJ is allowed to so they would lower the price, but I'm not sure how TRUSTWORTHY was this dealer. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, someone in this area help me out, I really want to get a good deal without getting slaugthered by these wolves.
  • Options
    See if you can find an Auto Broker.

I got the same vehicle for 39500 + Tax out the door in Las Vegas!

There was no doc fee's or BS like at a dealership.

The only problem is that once order it, you will need to wait 2-3 days for it to arrive...those were the longest 3 days of my life. ;)
  • Options
    Ya. I got similar quote from a dealer around Princeton. Therefore, I am very interested to know where he gets the quote. Hopefully, it is available to the public, not a personal favor of someone.
  • Options
    Can you explain what is Auto Broker? Thanks.
  • Options
    So, as of right now, I been looking around different dealership to see if I can out last these wolves. The best price I got in the NY/NJ dealerships is the following, before tax and registration $41,000, after NY tax and registration to walk out the door is $44,501. Should I take on this deal? I'm starting to get tired. Sorry, this includes the premium package & navigation system.

The guy at the dealership told me that there very limiting options, which basically are

With Nav or Without
    and Nav with back seat entertainment or not...
    and everything else pretty much comes in standard.

I think that Auto Broker would be a good idea, but I wouldn't be able to service at Lexus dealership, would that be a hassle?
  • Options
    pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Any Lexus dealer will cheerfully service your vehicle, no matter where it was purchased; even providing a gratis loaner in many cases.

Pete :)
  • Options
    shatzishatzi Member Posts: 15
    Lexus is currently not offering rebates for the 2008 RX350 -I have until Sept. for an early termination. Would it be better to wait until July/Aug/Sept to lease? Does anyone know when the deals come out? Is there a better time to lease or buy a car? I live in Long Island, NY if that matters.
  • Options
    pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Last year The Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event promotion began on July 26th and offered a $900 reduction off the MSRP of many RX350 option packages. There's no guarantee the offer will be repeated this year, but who knows?

Pete :)
  • Options
    evakevak Member Posts: 2
    The best deal I have been offered has been $43,500 for that pkg/navi. Take it!
    I am still searching and would jump at that deal.
  • Options
    Paul,

Thanks for the info. Yesterday, we negotiated a lease deal with Lexus in LI for 36 months, 12K miles per year for $550 per month for a RX350 AWD, Silver w/black leather with the following options:

Premium Plus Package
    Heated Seat w/rain sensing wipers
    18" alloy wheels
    Tow Prep
    Cargo mat
    wheel locks

We think it is a pretty good offer. We walked out though and are hoping to hear from the sales manager in the next day or two - we are trying to get them to give us this deal w/15K miles. The manager said we would be hearing from him so we'll see. If he gives us the 15K, we are going to take it. 12K comes out to about $900 over invoice.

We are going to check out two other dealers in the LI area today. My husband is a tough negotiator so we will see what happens.
  • Options
    We went to a Lexus dealer yesterday and they printed out msrp/dealer invoice sheet that gave us a total invoice with the following charges, which they said the consumer always pays in the cost of the msrp/invoice price:

dealer holdback: $776
    TDA (Advertising): $485.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve: 388.00

I never heard of a consumer paying these costs. We argued with the sales manager that the manufacturer pays the dealer holdback and the Whsl. Financial Reserve. I have seen the advertising fee on some stickers. He said it is always included in the MSRP/Invoice but not all car dealers show it. Is this right? I think they are already getting these $ from the manufacturer...are they getting it twice by me paying for it?

Please respond soon - I would like to make a deal in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Paul,

BTW, we have to put down $1,300 on this deal - 1st month, 600 bank fee and DMV fees.

Linda
  • Options
    yuchopayuchopa Member Posts: 3
    i am looking for this same exact car as well, would you be willing to share the name of the "nascar guy" at the dealership?
  • Options
    calred34calred34 Member Posts: 7
    Yuchopa, I believe the rules on the forum won't allow me to use names. I am allowed to say Lexus of Silver Spring, Silver Spring, MD. But, if you send an e-mail to my carspace mailbox, I belive I can share it that way. TOTALLY recommend talking with them!
  • Options
    pkdraggie, can you share which dealership did you get the offer? Thanks.
  • Options
    khal80khal80 Member Posts: 9
    I am being offered a 2008 RX 350 FWD MSRP- 47,636 (with delivery and handling fee)

Im not sure what codes but here are the options on the car, fully loaded

MSRP prior to the options was 37,400
    then the options of dvd rear entertainment
    18" inch rimes PLUS CHROME
    window tinting
    painted stripe
    heated front seats with rain sensing wipers
    towing prep package
    NAV
    Mark Levinson package with bluetooth
    backup camera
    HID with AFS
    leather trim interior
    roof rack with rails
    moon roof
    illuminated entry system
    cargo mat
    wheel locks
    wood grain wheel and knob

crystal white pearl

the dealer offered it for $45,500

please help
    thanks

Houston, TX
  • Options
    I got that quote from Rockville, LI, they seem very nice about everything. The other dealer gave me a 100 off at Ray Catena in Jersey. The Jersey guy was like, oh we are the biggest dealership in the United States, so I don't know which one you would like better.

But hearing from the people from the forum, if possible to wait out a month to get the car for another $900 off with the option sounds even better. =) Anyone know more information about this?
  • Options
    The $900 off thing was for last year. In my memory, lexus doesn't do this thing very often. So I don't know it will happen this year at all. I got a quote of 40800 and I jumped only too soon that another guy called an hour later saying that he is probably willing to go for 100 less, but I didn't proceed so I am not sure I will get a clean bill.
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that RX350 is, officially, a 2008 model. So the golden opportunity event, basically a year-end clearance, may not apply to RX350. I don't know the fact, just a guess, though. Someone mentioned that RX350 may be in its final year. So if you can waite 6-9 months, you may be able to get a real good deal.
  • Options
    I would start at $43K and maybe end up btw $43.5 and $44k.
  • Options
    khal80khal80 Member Posts: 9
    thanks....i think the dealer is sticking to 45 but he did increase the value of my trade in so it came out to 44,000

thanks for your help, i appreciate it
  • Options
    evakevak Member Posts: 2
    How did you find an auto broker? Do they charge a fee?
  • Options
    So you made the purchase already xiajiagg? I'm still in the notion of being lost, should I purchase the vechile or not, since I new model may come out soon.
  • Options
    yuchopayuchopa Member Posts: 3
    as i am new to this forum, how do i go about sending an e-mail to your carspace mailbox?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    The e-mail address is always membername@carspace.com

You can send the e-mail from your own CarSpace account, if you wish. Just click on My CarSpace in the upper left hand corner of the page, then look for the mailbox options in the upper right hand corner of your CarSpace page.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator