Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• blackberryxyzblackberryxyz Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't touch it!. I got a 2009 Carrera which is a far superior car due to the 2009 year engine change for 798.00 a month and 7500 drive off in Nov. of 2009 Very happy.

three year lease, 10k miles a year. California
  • musafirmusafir Member Posts: 27
    Hi All,
    I am new to 911 forum and have been looking to buy a used 9114S. However, I saw a new 2008 4S in a dealership site priced at ~125.5K, with the following options:
    CFP - Tip Handbrake Lever Alu/Lthr
    X54 - Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
    672 - Navigation Module for PCM
    666 - Module for Telephone PCM
    640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
    509 - Fire Extinguisher
    405 - 19" Carrera Classic Wheel
    342 - Heated Front Seats
    267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
    24905 - Rear Side Panel Dev.Stitching
    24904 - Dev.Stitching Side Centr Cnsl
    24903 - Door Handle Stitching Dev.Clr.
    24902 - Door Stitching in Dev. Color
    24901 - Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color
    249 - Tiptronic S
    CEE - Rear footwell lighting
    09991 - All Excl.Opt Stitch Dev Color
    XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
    XTG - Inner Sill Parts/Release-Lthr
    XSH - Seat Belts - Silver
    XSA - Sport Seat Backs Painted
    XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
    XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather
    XME - Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
    XAJ - Standard Rocker Panels Painted
    XAA - Aerokit
    P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
    CFX - Floor Mats With Colored Trim
    CEF - LED Door Pocket Lighting
    24891 - Stitching F/R seats Dev. Color

~ how much can I get off this car, given that it's a 2008 and 2011 are arriving at dealerships? I was figuring on ~30K off. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • gre09gre09 Member Posts: 9
    Car_man

What are current lease incentives / money factors / residuals on 2010 911 Carrera PDK models. [assuming 3 year lease---36k miles per year] I've seen up to $15k off MSRP on remaining '10s

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gre09. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Porsche 911 Coupe with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are .00167 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Porsche is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Car_man

Thanks. What is the residual on 10,000 miles per year?
    Car_Man

A dealer quoted a .00118 money factor on 2010 911s, is this accurate? I noticed that Cayman MFs are .00118. Also what is the residual on a 10,000 mile 36month 911 lease.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • esq3esq3 Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking at a 2010 c2s with a sticker just over 101000. My dealer has offered me a lease at $1150 per month 10000 miles 36 months, plus tax with $3000 out of pocket. I am a repeat PFS lessee. Does that sound like a low price to you? thank you for all your postings.
  • epion49epion49 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    I want to lease a 2010 911 Carrera. My dealer is quoting me 1100 per month for 36 months. $5000 down and 10,000 miles per year. I think I'm getting ripped off. Anyone with suggestions? This is my first Porsche. I test drove one last week and I was SOLD. I just want to get the best deal.
    Hey Esq. That's around the price I got too. Incidentally, where did you get your deal?
  • blackberryxyzblackberryxyz Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    I leased my car 911 Carrerra Coupe, PDK, last fall and am paying $798.00 a month for 36 months plus tax and drive off of $7500 and 10k miles a year. Southern California dealership.
    So do the math, I think you are paying too much in terms of 3 year total costs. I think they wil get better. I leased mine in November and the economy is not getting any better any time soon. The market for 100k cars has got to be getting slimmer and slimmer everyday, at least in the US. Maybe they are making the volume up in China.
    Hey Blackberryxyz, what is the location of your dealership and do you remember the sales rep? I want to know more about your deal.
    Thanks
  • cardiohexcardiohex Member Posts: 9
    I am 1.5 years into my first PFS lease. Seeing the great deals people are getting as the economy continues to limp along, what kind of negotiating power can one expect at the end of the lease? Specifically: 1) if I want to purchase vehicle at end of lease, who do I negotiate with as far as the price? 2) Has anyone recently purchased a 911 at the end of a lease and how much less that resid value did you get it for? (understanding residual value is calculated based on MSRP) 3) Does PFS give incentives for repeat leasing?
    Many thanks.
    No problem gre09.

PFS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gre09. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of s 2010 911 C2 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00167 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, esq3. You never mentioned this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings epion49. If you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You never mentioned what this car's MSRP or selling price are. It is difficult to evaluate this deal without these numbers. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cardiohex. You are correct, vehicles' purchase option prices are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs.

The first thing that I would do if I was interested in purchasing my vehicle at lease-end is contact the bank that I was leasing it through a month or two before the scheduled end date. While more often than not banks will not negotiate vehicles' purchase prices, from time to time they will, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unfortunately, Porsche is not currently providing any cash incentives to loyal customers that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
  • esq3esq3 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. I have worked a new deal on a base 2010 c2. The car stickers at $90,500. The dealer is offering the car for $78,500. The lease payments are $1010.00 plus tax with $3500 down and 10k per year. Please let me know what you think. When playing around with a financial calculator it seems like the payments should be less with a 57% residual? I do know that they have not come all the way down to .00167 as the money factor; they are at .00185, which by my calculations only adds about $5 per month. Thanks for your help.
    You're welcome esq3. The car that you described probably has a spread of nine to ten thousand dollars and change between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being quoted a dealer discount of $12,000. This looks like a very good deal to me.

The difference in money factor is small when compared to the huge discount that you are being given. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexp4alexp4 Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

I am buying one of the last 2011 Turbo Cab's :)

I wanted to see if you know what the current best terms for a PFS lease are. My dealer is quoting me 0.00290 money factor (seems awfully high) and a 54% residual for 36 mo's / 10k miles.

Is it normal for them to charge a $895 bank fee and is that ever waived?

I got the car for only 1,000 off MSRP (but got to custom order all the options). How bad a deal did I do?

Many many thanks for your help!
    Alex
    Car_man

What are the current offers on a 911 PDK [residual and money factor] for a 24 month / 10k miles per year lease ?
    What are the deals on a 36 month/10k miles/per year lease [money factor & residual]

What are the current loyalty programs for current lessors?

Thanks for your help!
  • surgeon1surgeon1 Member Posts: 4
    i'm interested in the 2010 or 2009 c4 cab, anyone know discounts, money factor, residual on 24, 36 mo 10K leases?
    Nice car, Alex. The last time that I checked, Porsche Financial Services' buy rate standard lease money factor was .00250 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. It appears as though the dealer may be attempting to mark up the money factor that they are using to calculate your car's payment.

Porsche Financial Services charges a $895 acquisition aka bank fee on every vehicle that it leases. They won't waive this fee. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your car's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gre09. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 911 Coupe PDK with 10,000 miles per year are .00250 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00250 and 57%.

I actually am not aware of any owner loyalty offers on the 911 right now, but it wouldn't hurt to check with a dealer to make certain that there isn't any.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi surgeon1. Porsche Financial Services definitely isn't leasing 2009 911s as new vehicles any longer. You can still lease a new 2010 model though.

PFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 911 C4 Cabriolet with 10,000 miles per year are .00167 and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00167 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • surgeon1surgeon1 Member Posts: 4
    do you know what the rate is for a c2 cab? and residuals? how does it drive in snow???
  • aguagaguag Member Posts: 5
    What is the money factor and residual on a C4S coupe? 24 and 36 months. Same as the Cab you posted earlier? Thanks a lot!
    Hi surgeon1. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 911 C2 Cabriolet with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 52%, respectively.

I have never personally driven this car in the snow, but my guess is that it is absolutely terrible in it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aguag. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 911 C4S Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00167 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry - 10,000 mile lease.
    What is the money factor and residual on a C4S coupe? 24 and 36 months. 10,000 miles.
    Thanks for all the help! This forum is great!!!
  • jerseyguy1jerseyguy1 Member Posts: 54
    "how does it drive in snow??? "

I have a c2 cab. When it snows more than 6 flakes the car does not leave the garage. Even with dedicated snow tires there is simply so much power being delivered to the rear wheels that I gave up trying years ago. A Carrera 4 with 4 snow tires must be better but why drive a 911 in the snow, salt and general crud.
    No big deal, aguag. PFS' residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
    Hi Car_man

What is the Money factor on 2010 911s?

Is it .00167 or .00207

Thanks
  • twbclttwbclt Member Posts: 2
    car man
    looking at 24 mth lease c4 cab 5k miles p/year list 103k offering at 83k but the dealer is saying mf .0029 which seems high --is this right that is like 7%
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Its .00167 - are you going through Porsche Financial? What is the monthly payment he is quoting you? What state are you in? How much total out of pocket? I
  • twbclttwbclt Member Posts: 2
    thanks much it is porsche financial--1120 p/month 0 out of pocket 24 month 5k/p year and the car is 20k off--sounds like it should be 899 p/mnth---North Carolina
    Hey gre09. I believe that PFS' November buy rate for the 2010 911 is currently .00167.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi twbclt. It sounds as though the dealer may be using the new dealer cash that Porsche introduced on the 911 instead of the special lease money factor. These two programs are not compatible. Starting last week there is now $9,000 dealer cash on most 2010 911 trims.

Try having them run your deal both ways to see which comes out better, one with the lower selling price from the dealer cash and the higher money factor and one without the dealer cash and the .00167 factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • adamkottoadamkotto Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    The dealer quoted me the following:

Sticker : $118.780.00

36 Month Lease : $4500 out of pocket - driveoff

monthly payment : $1900 + tax

Can someone please tell me what a good deal would be on this specific car?
    (How much off the sticker would be realistic and how much should the monthly payment be? )

According to the dealer the residual is : $64.141

I am in Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks in advance!
  • 911seeker911seeker Member Posts: 16
    Hello,
    I'm from CT, and would like to know if 911 is a rear wheel drive? how does it feel to drive it in the snow? Can we drive it in the snow? And what is the best lease deal that I can get on a 911 here in CT?

Thanks in advance :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    911s come in RWD and AWD...

However, all of them come with summer performance tires... You can drive a 911 in the snow, but you'll need winter tires..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You definitely do not want to use a 911 as your only car if you are in an area that gets a lot of snow. If you do decide to go that route, make sure that you have a good set of snow tires. I have a friend who has a 911 that has high performance tires that are so slick that he can barely move the car when it's cold, let alone slippery on the ground.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerseyguy1jerseyguy1 Member Posts: 54
    "I have a friend who has a 911 that has high performance tires that are so slick that he can barely move the car when it's cold, let alone slippery on the ground. "

Amen. My 911 never leaves the garage when there is snow on the ground. Service manager at my local Porsche store says that the high performance summer tires need at least 45 degree F to warm up properly. I don;t know about that but I can tell you that on the days when the roads are clear and dry and I take it out for some exercise it takes a good half hour of driving before things begin to sound and feel right. Right now it is in the garage, plugged into its battery mainainer and has not been out for about 9 days.
  • autojack11autojack11 Member Posts: 39
    I have a 997TT cab w/ht and snows - its a bullet in the snow!
  • charles953charles953 Member Posts: 3
    Anybody get a recent lease quote on a 2011 911... being quoted residual values of 53% to 55%, and money factors from 0.23 to 0.308 ... i know these guys will lie, cheat, and steal to make a $1, so trying to get a sense for where the market really is... Thanks
    Hi charles953. The .00230 money factor that you were quoted is Porsche Financial Services' buy rate for the 2011 911 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If the dealer tries to charge you anything higher than that either you don't qualify for the top tier or they are trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jay_cjay_c Member Posts: 4
    Any ideas on what the PFS rates are for April, 2011? I'm looking at a 2011 911 C2 and the rates I'm being quoted are .0025 (6%)/ 58% residual / 36 mo / 15,000/yr.

I have top tier credit and 6% seems outrageous. Is Porsche offering any lease promotions on the 911 in a 24 or 36 month lease? I've been unable to confirm PFS's actual money factors.

Thanks.
  • charles953charles953 Member Posts: 3
    jay_c

I was recently told the Tier 1 money factor was 0.0022 ... the resid value % you're quoting is a bit higher than what i've seen, so you may be slightly better off depending on the price of the car.

If anyone has any recent data on residual values or money factors it would great to see the info.
This discussion has been closed.