Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide me with the buy rate and residual for a base Carrera on 24 & 36 month terms with 7,500, 10,000 and 12,000 miles.

Many Thanks.
  • ocgearheadocgearhead Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking for a 2013 991 coupe to lease in southern california and cannot get any dealer to get me the 0.002 money factor. Also, I'm quoted a 58% residual on a 3 year lease, 10k mi/yr. I guess it dropped over last month because it was 60%? Tried to see if I could get a better deal on a 2012 but even with a better net cap cost (about 8-9% msrp off vs 5% off msrp) the residual i was quoted was only 52% so doesn't make sense to lease a 2012: you may end up paying more! I was not sure of the accuracy of the residual though.
  • thrashx404thrashx404 Member Posts: 2
    What are the latest numbers for 36 month lease and 10K miles? Vehicle is a nicely equipped 997 (113K MSRP). Vehicle is being offered at 17K off sticker.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    edited September 2012
    Are you sure that a "nicely equipped" 997 C2S for $96k is what you want?

I just attended a Porsche driving event at Summit Point Raceway and had the chance to do 6 laps behind the wheel of a 2013 991 C2S. Followed by a hot lap with the instructor in the driver's seat for good measure. After having owned a 997 C2S for 30k miles, I can say with some confidence that the performance difference is significant. I have also priced out a "smartly equipped" 991 C2S. Options were Premium with Adaptive seats ($4,445), Sport Chrono ($1,850) and Multi-function steering ($615). MSRP $104,280; 7% discount = $96,980.

I am sure your nicely equipped 997 has a lot more gingerbread and do-dads than the 991 I have priced out. But I am equally sure that the 991 has a lot more in the driving dynamics department. More than even the 997 GTS that another dealer was tempting me with a $26k discount.

You can't go terribly wrong with a 911 either way. But you also might want to find out if Porsche is running a driving event somewhere near you before you make the decision to go for the loaded 997 over a more purposeful 991. Not a sermon, just a thought.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey kerb. How have you been? I hope that everything is going well. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 Porsche 911 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. the residual value for a lease with only 7,500 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi thrashx404. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 C2S Coupe (997) with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Thanks for your prompt response Car_Man. I am doing well and hope that you are too! Upon opportunity, could you kindly provide the residual for a 36 month lease.

Thanks again.
  • thrashx404thrashx404 Member Posts: 2
    Interesting, the dealer was offering 51% on 10K miles for 36 months. They also offered something they described as a "interest rate discount". Sounded like a bad deal so I walked away.
    You're welcome kerb. You know what, I'm glad that you asked a follow-up question because I previously posted the 36-month numbers as 24-month. So PFS September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Porsche 911 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The 24-month numbers are .00200 and 57%.

Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    Carman, thanks for all your help on the forums. I am wondering if your 24-month residual is correct, as it is lower than the 36-month one. Could the 57% be 67%?
  • ocgearheadocgearhead Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    I got a quote for a 3 year, 30K mile lease on a 991 c2s and the cost included tax on the entire negotiated price of the car. I thought the tax should only be on the monthly payment? Obviously this makes a huge difference. Any help would be appreciated. I live in California.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    California only taxes the monthly payments... plus any CAP COST reduction...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• how8200how8200 Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering leasing a 2013 Carrera S. Do you know what the residual and money factor would be for 10K/year and 48 months. Does the residual change if I'm receiving the car in May rather than January. Thank you
  • sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car_man

First, I'd like to thank you once again for all your assistance in the past, it truly has been invaluable.

Can you please provide me with the current residual and MF for a 36 month lease and 10k m/y?
    Additionally, Is there any dealer cash as well on the 2012 Carrera 4 GTS?

I need to make a decision ASAP......Thanks for your hep
    edited January 2013
    Hello again Car_man

It's time for another 911. My previous post about the 2012 GTS4 has sold and I'm now looking to 2013 models.

I'm considering leasing either a 911S or 4S and would very much appreciate you providing me with the current residuals and money factors for both cars (36 month 10k m/y) terms?

Thanks again for your help now and in previous posts!
    Hi sjl225. Here's the latest info for you. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe S with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 911 Coupe 4S are .00200 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • m5ivanm5ivan Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm in the market for a 2013 C2 and was wondering if you could provide the residuals and MF for a base C2 coupe for 24 and 36 months?
    Thanks!
    Thank you so very very much for your timely response.
    Not only have you helped me countless times, but all of us on these forums in making informed decisions.

Best regards!
  • flyinbrian3flyinbrian3 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car Man,

So the lease residual is lower for the new 4S than the 2S? I am looking at leasing a 2013 Carrera 4S and my sales person was guessing the residual would be higher on the 4S, especially since it is a brand new model. I am looking at a 36 month lease at 12,000/yr can you verify MF and Residual at 12K? I also heard that Porsche might do some very aggressive 24 month leases, any truth to that? Thanks again for your time.
  • m5ivanm5ivan Member Posts: 3
    PFS is offering aggressive 24 month lease rates. I've confirmed the 24 month figures as a 78% residual on the C2 w/10k miles per year and a 74% residual on the C2S 10k/miles yr. MF is .002 for top tier credit.
    Thank you for the reply m5ivan. Any idea what the rates might be on a 2013 C4S 12/yr?
    So the lease residual is lower for the new 4S than the 2S? I am looking at leasing a 2013 Carrera 4S and my sales person was guessing the residual would be higher on the 4S,

I'd have been shocked if the residual percentage was as high or higher on the 4 vs. the 2. The MSRP price differential is $6,700 and from what I have seen, the resale value of a 2-3-4+ year old C4S is barely above a C2S. It seems that, at least in our area, the traditional enthusiasts prefer RWD. They also prefer coupes to cabs, as I learned on my 997 S Cab. That $10k MSRP premium I paid in 2005 was worth a couple grand on resale in 2011. But watching my daughters trying to keep their hair from blowing off in the back seat was priceless. Until they outgrew it.

As a side note, apparently one of the highly respected independent Porsche shops in our area has turned quite a few 996 Turbos into RWD by disconnecting/removing the front drive shaft. That's a bit too enthusiastic for me, but I guess that's one way to get a poor man's GT2.
    edited January 2013
    Odd as Porsche is stating that 50% of their sales of the 911 are now AWD. My sales person stated that when a new model is released the residual is usually boosted at that time.
    edited January 2013
    The new model vs. old model boost would make sense (i.e. 991 C4S vs 2012 997 C4S), but I'm not sure that the fact that the "4" lagged the release of the "2" by 8-10 months makes much of a difference.

My sales manager - a 30+ year Porsche veteran - indicated that an even higher 60% of their 911 sales for the past few years have been AWD. But, he also said that about 50% of those are to customers that get the "4" because they think it is better handling in cold, rain and light snow. He tells them "not really", unless you also get winter wheels with Blizzaks, which most 911 buyers don't do. Another chunk get it because they like the look of the wider body. But with the 991 being wider and lower than the 997 already, you have to put the cars butt to butt to see much of a difference.

Here's an interesting comparison. This past fall, I was seriously considering several leftover, heavily discounted 2012 997 GTS's. The "2"'s that were out there often ended up selling for MORE than the "4"s.! They offered the sexy look of the wider body with the more enthusiast preferred RWD. And in the 997, the reflective strip across the rear of the "4"s looked hokey, in my opinion. The 991 C4S rear end looks much better.

Just curious, why are you interested in the 4 vs. the 2? Have you driven both?
    I have not driven both yet as the 2013 C4S was just released last week. The word on the net from people who have driven both state the C4S seems to have better feel and handling than the C2S. I am getting the C4S as I live in Michigan and all ways get dedicated wheels and tires for my cars. I do also like the wide body and few other items that come with the C4S. It seems worth the price difference.
    Better feel and handling is pretty subjective - especially the "feel" one - which is why I asked if you have driven yourself. My sales manager has driven the new C4S and loves it. But he said some of his colleagues at Porsche in Atlanta and the PCCA here just don't like the "feel" of having the front wheels driven. I've gone completely in the other direction by ordering a 2014 Cayman S. It will be my first mid engine car. After driving the new Boxster S at a Porsche track event, I was sold on mid engine nimbleness.

That said, if the C4S seems like it's worth the price difference to you, thats all that matters. It is a great looking car and if I was in Michigan, willing to get winter rims and tires and looking to get all of the driving days behind the wheel that I could, there probably isn't a better car on the planet.

Good luck.
  • ex007ex007 Member Posts: 13
    Car Man - Do you have Jan. PFS numbers for 2012 C2S? My local dealer have several in stock and is offering fairly substantial discounts on them ~$15K. So I'm debating whether to lease a 12 or 13. 36 mos. w/10,000 or 12,000 miles. Thanks...
    Any of those leftover 2012 C2S's 7-speed manuals? If so, mind posting the name of the dealer. I have an order in on a 2014 Cayman S, and am unlikely to switch to a 991S, but it would be tempting. I had a great deal on a 991 base, at $16k under MSRP, but it got away while I was waiting for the Cayman unveiling.
    All three - 2 couples and a cab - are PDKs. And I agree, it's very tempting. Wasn't in the market but dropped by on a whim Saturday and was (very) pleasantly surprised at the discounts on the 12s.
    Thanks. Seems like almost all the leftover 2012's are PDK's. I'm too old to learn how to drive one of those. I can push a clutch and flip my wrist in my sleep, but made a mess trying to paddle shift the PDK at a recent Porsche event at Summit Point Raceway. Just left it in automatic the whole time.

Can I guess that the dealership is not Auto Palace, but close?
    Your guess would be correct.
    Hi m5ivan. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Porsche 911 Coupe C2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 75% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Then numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00200 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey flyinbrian1. Yes the residual values for the 4S are indeed lower than for the 2S...3% I believe.

Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe C4S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It does look like Porsche boosted the residual values for 24-month leases of the '13 911. The 24-mo., 12k resid for this car is a huge 72%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ex007. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Coupe C2S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I'll have to look into what the numbers are for the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Good luck on the 2012 991S PDK.

Based upon my experience, I had three different deals offered to me in late November on 2012 991 Base 7-speeds at $15k-$16k under MSRP (basically invoice, minus the $6k money back). The money back from Porsche expired November 30 (or may have been reduced to $3k). Given that your dealer has apparently "punched" the cars to get the money back, the warranty may have started running on November 30. If that's the case, I'd shoot for invoice less $6k, which on a 991S should be closer to $17k under MSRP. But even at $15k under, a great deal compared to a 2013.
  • psy11psy11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman.
    Do you have January residual value for 2013 c2 with Pdk?
    My local dealer said 75% for manual and 74% for PDK.
    both are 24mo/15k. is this correct?

and what average % discount are available for 2013 991 c2 in socal?
    my dealer offer 4.5% and its very light optioned with PDK.

also what average downpayment for porsche? the dealer want $8000 down.Is this normal?
    BMW allows for multiple security deposits instead of Downpayment.
    porsche does allow MSD??

Thank you.
  • psy11psy11 Member Posts: 2
    Hello habitat1. Which dealership did you get your deal?
    Im looking for 2013 991 c2 and i only 4.5% off msrp.
    Im in socal.
    and what is 6k or 3k money back??
    Thank you
    Certainly psy11. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 911 C2 with PDK and 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 74% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I am not all that familiar with what the market is like for this car in your area.

You definitely should not make an $8,000 down payment on any lease. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpspurjpspur Member Posts: 1
    I don't think they are offering .002 money factor any longer. .0024 is the best I have found.
  • small_lizardsmall_lizard Member Posts: 37
    they are probably just marking that up .00040 points

What are the MF and res for 24 month program on 911 and 911 4

Is there a rebate of some sort on this car? do you lose 1% for pdk? anything else i would lose/gain a residual % for?
    Hi small_lizard. Porsche Financial Services' standard buy rate lease money factor is still .00200 for top tier customers. If your credit is in good shape, anything higher than that is probably being marked up.

The residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year is 75%.

The residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe 4 with 15,000 miles per year is 73%.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of is on Turbo models, and there's not very many of them out there.

I think that the addition of PDK may drop the residual value by 1%. I don't think that any other options affect these cars' residual value percentages.

Car_man
    Host
  • nkcnkc Member Posts: 7
    Could you also provide the 36 month numbers for the same car? (2013 c2 911 coupe). Thanks a ton!
  • mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    anyone with any thoughts/experience with the following options:
    sport chrono pkg
    adaptive sport seats

I don't anticipate track use (maybe once/yr) but would be using the car as a daily commuter thus think that the seats would be more of use. I will be getting PDK tranny.

thanks for any input
    The residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year is 62%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    huh? do you mean 36 mo?
  • canowpscanowps Member Posts: 16
    Has to be 36mo. Rare Car_man typo.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    It's a typo... you can see similar numbers in post #497..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car_Man,
    can you provide me with:
    residual for 36 mo for both 10k miles/yr and 12k/yr
    Base MF for current and next month

thanks
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you post residuals and MFs for 2013 911 C2 24-month lease at 10k, 12k and 15k annual miles?

Trying to find out if there is any change from February, also any lease incentives.

Thanks!
  • saeyedocsaeyedoc Member Posts: 6
    Found these posted on Pl-9 yesterday, guy just got them from a dealer:
    991 - 75%(15kmiles/year) 78%(10kmiles/year ) - 2 year lease
    He wasn't sure if the MF had changed.
    Excellent residuals, even with high MF. Have been considering another Cayman when my lease is up next year, but 4 981 residuals 4% lower, a well equipped C2 is not much more. Much more room for options on them as well, MRM for C2 is $106,380
This discussion has been closed.