Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Continental Climate Control Problems

kbodinekbodine Member Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in Lincoln
I left for lunch today and turned on the AC. After about 5 minutes the fan stopped. It will not work on any level.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Are you looking for replacement parts or advice on how to fix the problem?

tidester, host
  • kbodinekbodine Member Posts: 3
    I was looking for info on fixing the problem. I got back in the car this morning and the fan is working again. Could this be an electrical issue? A fan going bad? Any suggestions
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • kbodinekbodine Member Posts: 3
    5/31 I left for lunch today and turned on the AC. After about 5 minutes the fan stopped. It will not work on any level

6/1 I got back in the car this morning and the fan is working again. Could this be an electrical issue? A fan going bad? Any suggestions :confuse:
  • buddygleebuddyglee Member Posts: 44
    I believe it could be the Motor, the contacts (can't remember the real name something similar to the brushes that touch the armature. if they are to worn then that will cause erratic motor problems but first check all of the electrical connections. Could be something as simple as a loose connector and if it has been loose for awhile it could have oxidization on the metal contacts. Good Luck.
  • mlblum2mlblum2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, When I have my Air on it blows out of the defrosters. Not all the time though when I let off the gas it will go out the front vents. Is there anyway to fix this?
  • rlross4455rlross4455 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Lincoln Continental, the Ac when turned on will blow hot air and then blow cold air. You can hear the blend doors flipping back and forth. What can be causing this problem ?
  • krfunkrfun Member Posts: 5
    The engine fan in my 1995 Lincoln Continental will not shut off. I took out the fuse so the battery will not drain. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks
  • 1998lincoln1998lincoln Member Posts: 108
    The heater works great,but will only blow cold air,could be the "Blend Door" or
    the Thermostat,.The blend doors have a history of breaking to pieces,or the switch
    to the blend door,could be bad and needs replaced!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If you want to do a DIY, and you don't have electrical schematics or a workshop manual, best thing I can advise is take two guesses. One, the cooling fan sensor, and two, the cooling fan relay. You might be able to trace the location of the sensor by following the wires from the fan, and the relay should be marked on the inside cover of the relay box, or if you are lucky, you have an owner's manual....or we might be able to help you locate them.
  • fcjtechfcjtech Member Posts: 1
    It seems there may be a common problem with the ac/heater door/doors. Is there a common problem and if so, what is the remedy? ATC head unit, broken door, actuator issues. Any response or input would be very appreciated. Thank you.
  • mswarmsmswarms Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a vacuum problem; looking for a vacuum leak can be time consuming and difficult, or as easy as finding a disconnected line. A lot of cars use vacuum to control heat and ac functions. The engine is the vacuum source and vacuum pressure increases and decreases as the engine accelerates and decelerates, which can cause the controls to switch functions improperly. Some Vehicles use a small canister or sphere as a vacuum reservoir to maintain steady vacuum pressure throughout the engine rpm range.
  • mswarmsmswarms Member Posts: 2
    The blend door actuator has a post on it, usually shaped like a long, square rod with one edge rounded. That rod slips into a socket of the same shape on the pivot end of the blend door. these "sockets" will break where the corners of the square hole are (their weakest point) causing them to repeatedly spread and allow the actuator to keep spinning without moving the blend door. When that happens you can hear a repeated clicking noise coming from inside the dash. The bad news is that, while the actual fix f the cracked blend door socket is not so bad, getting to is is a definite pack a lunch project. I'm pretty sure you have to pull the dash out of that model to get to the actuator, and then you have to break it off at the front two bolts because they are still inaccessible.
  • msj4msj4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Linc. Continental, and my blower don't work AC heat nothing but when i turn it on i hear a click sound like it try's to come on . What do you think it is please advise?