Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Accessories

donboy93donboy93 Member Posts: 14
edited September 2014 in Hyundai
Does anyone know where to order aftermarket Xenon headlamps for the Azera?

Thanks,

Don

Comments

• hugobeckerhugobecker Member Posts: 45
    I haven't seen them, but it would appear that Xenon's are an avaialble option on the Azera/Grandeur in other markets. So . . . ; -)
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    Check out Ebay. There are kits for a few hundred dollars for Xenon conversion. I'm sure there's room in the engine compartment for the transformers required for this mod. I put "whiter" bulbs in mine for $40. and it's just fine by me.
  • sonotasonota Member Posts: 5
    I have had my azera for 3 1/2 months now I love this car.
    Got it after hyundai bought back the 2006 sonota lx that I purchased and was giving me some issues . I installed some aftermarket hid lighting kit I purchased off of ebay. I had a problem with one of the ignitiors after having it in the car about 2 weeks and the person I purchsed them from would not honor the warranty . Be very carefull when deciding on whom to purchase them from . I found a replacement unit off ebay from another suppler and so far no problem with them and they are 100 times better then the factory lights . The first kit I purchased i paid 155 for it . The second kit I justed needed the ignitiors so I ordered two for 140 . Please note the lights on hid are expensive if they fail will cost you 100 each but they are not supposed to fail . Good luck
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    Here's an interesting one I found digging on their web-site:

It's a 6000K HID light ballast with bulbs for 850,000 SKW (South Korean Won) per side. That's pretty pricy, really - I worked out the conversion and it would be $1800 US for a pair... (but - obviously it is do-able!)

Their web-site doesn't show the links, but it is found under the "HID/bulb/Lenser" link.
  • flatibbyflatibby Member Posts: 28
    HID Lighting can be purchased and installed to any of the vehicle through an Aftermarket shop. The only difference is most of the kits are at 8000K HID light ballast which emits more of a bluish light. Cost wise should be around $400 to $500 depending on what the shop charges here in the states.

The picture you have on there is a Sonata. I'm pretty sure that Azera uses an H7 bulb for their vehicles.

I currently have an 8000K HID kit in my Tiburon and I love it. Alot of my friends who uses the kit also said they love it and they would never go back to standard Halogen.
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    HID Lighting can be purchased and installed to any of the vehicle through an Aftermarket shop. The only difference is most of the kits are at 8000K HID light ballast which emits more of a bluish light. Cost wise should be around $400 to $500 depending on what the shop charges here in the states.

The picture you have on there is a Sonata. I'm pretty sure that Azera uses an H7 bulb for their vehicles.

True - I just hadn't seen one that was specifically designed to fit the Azera for sale. The 'generic' kits will work for any vehicle, but almost always require a little 'whittling' with a dremel or similar. Yes, the picture is of a Sonata, but the link is in the Grandeur area of the site, so it is bound to be an almost identical fit. As I've noted before, all European models have them standard, and there is already a spot in the fuse-box marked "HID", so - they're going to work even if the picture is outdated.

My point wasn't really that it was 'revolutionary' - just that it was outrageous as far as price... Most cars where they are optional charge maybe $500 these days, though it used to be a bit more. They were standard on both my vehicles, so - no choice.

The bulb in the Azera is indeed an H7.
  • windycity7windycity7 Member Posts: 24
    Yakima site does not list a roof rack for Sonata and does not even have anything for Azera. I have a Yakima from my Volvo and want to use it on my Azera but need new roof rack clips. any ideas?
  • donvickdonvick Member Posts: 38
    I just installed the front and rear mudflaps on the Azera. They came in a box with a package of brand new screws, so now I have started my loose screws and parts bin with the extra's. I took the wheels off and made it easier. Thought about using a stubby screwdriver like someone earlier had done but decided to see what was "in there" anyway.

The rear flaps have an insert shaped like a toggle type nut on the bottom, you have to reach behind the lower fender and kinda hold it in place as you tighten the screw.

I also noticed the lugnut studs were quite dry so I gave a very light lube of anti-seize prior to installing the lug nuts.
    I also installed a set of locking lugnuts to help keep the chrome wheels from walking off some night.
    The ones I received from the online Hyundai parts house are not very pretty but they work. They do not have a chrome botton on the end to match the other lugnuts.
    Going to keep an eye out for a better set.

The jack and lug wrench keeper in the trunk is a nifty idea. The equipment fits in there nice and snug, no rattles, shakes or rolling around. In the Grand Am I had to wrap things up and pack them in just right otherwise we could hear the clanking and clinking back there.

So far the car is doing well and we like it a lot. No second thoughts or lingering doubts. It was and is a good purchase.

Don
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    I just bought my Azera in late July and just love getting comments from people who see it since they don't know what it is. I've only seen one other Azera on the road and that was back in April.

I've sort of tweaked it a bit by adding side window deflectors by WeatherTech. Yes, they are custom made for the Azera and fit like a glove. No tools required and I installed mine in about 8 minutes on the four side windows. WeatherTech has a website.

I've also added mudflaps behind the front & rear wheels. My dealer wanted $90.00 for the set (no installation). I found another place (HyundaiAutoWebAccessories) that sold the set to me for $44.16. This location has a website also.

Although the floor mats that came with my Azera are not bad, I wanted really top quality floor mats with some personal embroidery on them. I found these at GG Bailey. Yep, you guessed it, they have a website. My Azera has the beige/tan leather interior. The exterior color is Pearl White. Being a Red Sox fan (and you'd have to be a Red Sox fan to understand this), I got "Green Monster" green thick carpeted mats with "Red Sox" embroidered on them in red. They really set off the interior.

The last tweaking I've done so far is this. I love the fact that the Azera is somewhat of a "mystery" car to most people, so, I removed the individual HYUNDAI letters on the rear below the trunk lid. I left the LIMITED letters on though. Now everyone wants to talk and find out what kind of a car this is. Great fun.

I'd love to know what others have done to enhance the appearance of their Azera.

Does anyone know where the front grill without the "H" logo in the middle of it can be purchased? Several months ago, it could be purchased from a Korean Company, but when I contacted them they said they no longer had them.
  • sundevilssundevils Member Posts: 100
    I got an incredible tint job done on the windows. The rear window is non-metallic, of course, and one shade darker than the other windows. The quality of the tint job is amazing. It took two guys about 3.5 hours and cost $245. It really makes the care look great.
  • jcm68jcm68 Member Posts: 33
    Mannnnnnnnn these two are the only Aftermarket Grilles I found so far. I don't know if they look better than the OEM one. It is hard to appreciate from those pics. Need more angles pics!

• obobobob Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone found a US source for the Hyundai OEM Rubber Floor Mats for the Azera?

I was on the Hyundai Canada web site and noticed photos of these mats but no part # listed. My local dealer tells me Hyundai doesn't offer the rubber mats in the US.

If anyone knows where to get these mats please advise and include part#
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    1. No

2. He** no

3. Yes
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    I really didn't like all the "H"s. I ordered an "H"less grill from EBay. I installed it and it looks great. The colors are limited. but I wanted flat black anyway. They sent me a triple black and I steel wooled it and sprayed it flat black. It looks really good. I didn't like the wheel centers. I was looking around one day in a car parts store and noticed those little round convex mirrors that people with peripheral vision problems mount on their outside rearview mirrors. They measured about 3.5" in diameter. This is about the same as the "H" emblem on the wheels. I mounted the mirrors and "voila" they look good. They don't look like mirrors, rather,like chrome. We'll see if they survive an Iowa winter. I also ordered an oval rear trunk lid emblem. These can be seen at the web site Dreamka4u.com. Check them out.
    CDM.
    Hyundai OEM Rubber Floor Mats are currently not available in US but are offered as an option in Canada.

If you go to the Hyundai-Canada web site and review the Azera Accessories page there will be a photo of the Rubber Mats @ $92 canadian. No part# is listed but I managed to get it when I ordered mine from a dealer in Windsor.

#08130-3L000

These mats are very robust and use the same retaining pins as the carpeted mats

Don't know why we can't order them here.
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    obob,

Thanks for the tip. I checked-out the site, saw the pictures, then wondered: They seem to be black, with no mention of colors, i.e., beige for beige interior, gray for gray interiors, etc.... What do you think?

Also, I throw out this question for everyone out there: I just took delivery of my Azera today, and kept the dealer's throw-away paper mats on top of my beige ones, for it was raining, and I didn't even want to put my feet on the new mats, since they are such a light color. Besides rubber mats, are there any REALLY GOOD fabric protectors out there, such as the spray-on kind? And, if I may pose a second question, I just cringe at the thought of my immaculately beautiful beige leather upholstery getting dirty and otherwise messy over time. Can anyone recommend a genuinely good leather protectant/cleaner that can be purchased at an auto parts store? I'd really like to hear answers to that one from people who actually have had first-hand, time-tested experiences with such stuff.., Thanks, Phil
    Phil,
    I asked about color availability and was told that black is the only color OEM rubber mat. If you order from a canadian dealer remember that the retail price of $92 is Canadian dollars - not US
    Thanks, obob. I think I'll also check to see what can be had from one of the vendors who advertise all the time in Motor Trend and similar magazines. Some of them offer custom mats...Phil
    For what it's worth to anyone, I discovered in my impeccably neat garage yesterday an unused pair of rubber floor mats. They are listed as being for "Truck & Sport Utility", and I thought, "Oh, what the Hell.." I placed them in the front, and they fit just fine! They are tan, and I would guess that they might also be available in gray and/or black as well. I think that I bought them at Price-Costco . They are manufactured by KRACO, (# KM-1209 TAN), and they were $15. Phil
  • aspen4aspen4 Member Posts: 22
    How is the quality of the GG Bailey carpets you purchased? Are they a step up from the
    Azera's?
    Zredsox:

How do you remove the Hyundai from the trunk
    lid? Does it not leave holes etc.?
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    Has anyone been able to get an Azera non "H" grille in Sage Green combo?
    I have tried the companies posted on forums to date, but have not gotten any positive response.
    Regarding the rush by many Azera purchasers to remove the "H" logo from grill or trunk lid, I pose this question:

If YOU were smart enough to purchase the car, are you ashamed of your intelligence?
    How is the quality of the GG Bailey carpets you purchased? Are they a step up from the Azera's?

I believe the quality of the GG Bailey carpets are top notch. They have a wide variety, lots of colors, some are customizable with monogramming, heel plates, etc (I'd show you mine, but I don't know how to post a picture here), they fit the Azera perfectly and even have the holes to go over the Azera posts in the floor.
    Zredsox:

How do you remove the Hyundai from the trunk
    lid? Does it not leave holes etc.?

Removing the HYUNDAI letters is a piece of cake -- very easy.
    First, the letters are silver plastic with a rubber backing and an adhesive on the rubber that adheres to the paint.
    Here's what you do:
    1. Get yourself a piece of fishing line about 18 inches long and circle one end of it around the fore-finger on one hand and the other end around the fore-finger of the other hand. Leave about 3 or 4 inches of line between fingers.
    2. Wedge the fishing line down behind a letter into the rubber.
    3. Saw back and forth (left & right) and push the line down to cut thru the rubber. The letter will fall off.
    4. Do this to each letter.
    5. Now, with your finger nail, remove any remaining pieces of rubber from the rear of the car.
    6. Take some Goo Gone (can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Target, hardware store, etc) and squirt it on the gooey residue left on the paint. Goo Gone will not hurt the paint.
    7. With a soft rag or cloth, wipe away the gooey residue.
    8. Voila, you're done. Took me about 7 minutes to do all 7 letters. No holes, no muss, no fuss.

I'd show you what the rear looks like without the HYUNDAI badge, but I don't know how to post a picture here.

Hopes this helps. If not, come back and let me know where you're having problems.
    Regarding the rush by many Azera purchasers to remove the "H" logo from grill or trunk lid, I pose this question:

If YOU were smart enough to purchase the car, are you ashamed of your intelligence?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not ashamed of my intelligence or my car. I own two Hyundais; an Azera and an XG300L.

I would love to have a grill on my Azera without the H logo in it as I think it is a smarter and more stylish looking grill. The only ones I've seen are in pictures of the Korean version of the Azera. As soon as I can locate one, I'll make the switch, but as yet I haven't been able to find one available. I've been to all the Korean websites that advertise it, but when I inquire about it I find they don't have any.

I have no problem with the H logo on the trunk, but I have removed the HYUNDAI letter badge, on the driver's side, under the tail lights and left on the LIMITED letter badge, on the passenger side, under the tail lights. Again, I did this not because I'm ashamed.

The Azera is somewhat of a "mystery" car to the general public. They don't know what it is and you hardly ever see one on the road. Besides my own, I've only seen one other here in Richmond, Virginia, and that was back in April. Several times a week, I'll get people at parking lots, shopping centers, gas stations, stop lights, etc. asking me about my car. I like the attention and enjoy talking about the car. So removing the name HYUNDAI on the rear creates more mystery and the car gets more attention.

I'm just having fun with my car and talking with people.
    Thanks for the information on both questions.
    I wish you would find out how to show pictures
    of your work on the trunk and floor mats.
    Thanks again
    Can the AZERA be removed in the same way?

Great question. I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself.

I'm in my office right now, so I can't conveniently get to my car to look at the letters, but if they are stick-on letters like the word HYUNDAI, I don't see where there would be a problem removing them the same way. I'll take a close look at them this evening and try to post back then.

If they can be removed, that would really make the car mysterious. Most of America wouldn't have a clue what you were driving.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It drives me nuts when I see a car and can't figure out what it is or even who makes it. ;)
    Pat:
    As the Host, how does a person include pictures in their post, or can they?
    I see the "Img" button on the tool bar, but that appears to be used when you are posting a picture from a website.
    Can you explain or help?
    Thanks.
    Check out this page of the Help text. If you want to post your own photos, I'd go the CarSpace route because it pretty much walks you through the whole process and then gives you the links to use.

I've taken a close look at the AZERA letters on the rear of the car and they appear to be slightly recessed into the red plastic light lens that goes across the rear of the trunk.

I would be reluctant to try to remove them as I'm not 100% sure that they are connected to the car the same way the HYUNDAI letters were.

Maybe someone else would be willing to try and see what happens and report back to this forum.
    Thanks for the information on both questions.
    I wish you would find out how to show pictures
    of your work on the trunk and floor mats.
    Thanks again

aspen4 -

I've tried very hard to post photos to this forum and followed the instructions in the help area, but I can't get the darn photos to work.
    I have posted photos of my car in the "PHOTOS" section of this forum titled "Don's 2006 Azera". The PHOTOS section is located in the tool bar at the top of the page. Go there and you can see photos of the rear of the car as well as the floor mats and other photos.
    Let me know if you're able to do it.
    Thanks.
    I'm having trouble with the direct links also, and I'm looking for a solution. Meanwhile, folks can go to your CarSpace album to see your very nice pics of your car.
  • drdonrsdrdonrs Member Posts: 164
    I have a 2006 Sonata LX6 and just purchased a 2006 Azera Limited and it amuses me when people ask me what is that car, especially the Azzy. So many people have "label hang-up" so when I give them the statistics, JD Power findings, a look and a ride and then the price I paid they can't believe "it's a Hyundai". I remember many years ago when I bought one of the first Toyota Corollas and followed later with the first Toyota Celica model. They were like tin cans, and rusted out within a year or two. Hyundai has made the turn so much more quickly. They need to shed the perception of cheap and poorly made, which had hung over them from the late 80's. Over the past several years I have leased Acura TL's and I am so confident with the Hyundai quality that I have purchased both cars. I suggested to the General Manager of my dealership that he keep a listing of satisfied customers, who like to keep up an interest in cars, and refer prospective purchasers to them for a "pep talk" even at the dealership. Better than a salesman in some cases. In any case the Azzy gets lots of looks and oo's and ah's.
    Has abyone been able to get any mpre information rgarding the upgrade of steering wheel audio control to 2007 type which includes the ability to change stations.
    I am still getting mixed information from Customr Affairs and local dealers parts dept.
    I have installed back up sensors, wood dash kit, mud flaps and hand painted pin stripes on my Azera, along with a K40 undetectabe radar detector and lazar defuser.
    I use a wireless Ipod transmitter (works great)
    I have also removed the "Hyundai" and "Limited" silver letters from the rear.
    I'll attempt to take some pictures and post on forum.
    I have installed back up sensors, wood dash kit, mud flaps and hand painted pin stripes on my Azera

I would love to see pictures of your back up sensors,wood dash and pin stripes. You may have to create an album in the "Photos" section. If you do, please let us know and tell us what the name of your album is.

Thanks.
  • jcm68jcm68 Member Posts: 33
    Can you please post some pics of the Wood dash kit?
    Also, which one you got? Woodview? Sherwood? B&I?
    I'll post pics as soon as I can get camera working.
    My kit was B&I.
    Only problem with kit is that it does not include trim for interior door handles, and one pice under drivers side ac vent to match passenger side configuaration
    I have spoken with them about it. They agreed, and claimed they would speak to manufacturer's designer and get back to me. They have not. ( 2 months)
  • grandeurtggrandeurtg Member Posts: 14
    I read it's possible to change the audio control kit to 2007 type, and it's really simply & easy DIY.
    I am not sure you can order it in the Hyundai Dealer now. But you can do it after 2007 Azera show up in your dealer shop.
    Here is the Seek Remote Controller Part Number in korea. Maybe, the part number is same both America(Azera) and Korea(Grandeur TG)...

967003L001WK (Black Interior)
    967003L001A6 (Beige Interior)
    967003L001B9 (Grey Interior)

Also, you need the Star Wrench(T-30 or T-40) and Screw Driver to change this kit.

Enjoy~~
    Were you told if the wire harness must be changed?
    Is any modification rquired to the audio system?
    How were you able to get this information?
  • grandeurtggrandeurtg Member Posts: 14
    There is no modification or wire harness to update it. Just plug-out old audio control kit and plug-in new one.
    In korea, many people already changed it to their 2005/2006 Grandeur TG(Azera in Americca) and posted pictures.
  • windycity7windycity7 Member Posts: 24
    how difficult is it to replace the grill? a few screws or more complicated?
  • layolayo Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I'm a proud new owner of an 06 azera and looking for some accessories to sweeten up the ride...does anyone know any third party places that sell such accessories? A wind deflector, mats, clear bra, etc. would be the kinds of things i am looking for. I found minimal things on ebay. Also does anyone know where the retail prices for hyundai sponsored accessories are? couldnt find any...thanks!
  • azera_06azera_06 Member Posts: 15
    try this link...... ;)

http://koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=213

disclaimer to forum moderator: this isn't intended to be spam, nor should it considered to be such.
  • louie7louie7 Member Posts: 22
    great advice, i wiil try.

what about the funky "H" on the steering wheel, the "chrome"
    does not match the rest of the trim and it looks real cheap

Any solution?
This discussion has been closed.