Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Commander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bamatide01bamatide01 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I just leased an 07 limited commander with 4.7 V8, nav, back up camera, dvd, remote ignition, power liftgate, bluetooth, etc. in Birmingham, AL. The sticker was $41,500. It was a demo so I got them down to $37,100 minus $2,500 rebate. I am a finance guy and I have done an incredible amount of research on leasing negotiations and was well prepared (this is my first lease). They originally gave me a payment of $550 for 39mo/18k miles. I think the money factor was .00224 and residual of 49%. HOWEVER, they were not calculating the residual off of the MSRP (I don't know what they were using and they woudn't show me). So I walked out.

They called me back and I just showed the business manager my calculations and told him that is what I would pay. My new proposed terms were 27mo/15k miles, MF of .0017, residual of 55% of MSRP. He said no one had ever approached him with the amount of detail I had and gave it to me for the "fair" price. Payments came out to $560/mo after tax. He even offered me a job because of how well I understood the process.

I hope this helps and make sure that you know the correct numbers that should be used to calculate your lease payment. If you know what your payment should be and they come back with something different then they are using different numbers than you...simple as that. And they WILL do it if you do not point it out to them.

Good luck!
  • uffllaauffllaa Member Posts: 16
    thx for the info - how much did u put down?

my deal was 1k down - payment with tax 558
    Sorry, I forgot to mention the down payment. I put $1,650 up front in cash ($1k down payment and $650 for tax and first month pmt).
  • tiallentiallen Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info bamatide01! Was this a 4X4 model or a 4x2?

I'm being offered a 39mo lease on a 2007 Commander Limited 4x4 (I live in Minnesota)... Following features:

V8 Flexfuel Engine
    Automatic Transmission
    Regular Wheels
    Premium Sound
    Sirius Radio
    UConnect hands free
    Navagation system

Dealer says MSRP of 41605 - I'll get 1% below list + $75 (Friends and Family purchase), so 38191, less todays rebate of 2500 for a purchase price of 35691... Residual = 21218.55, payments of 607.04/mo - includes MN sales tax and registration.
    Mine is a 4x2 but has a few more options so the MSRP is about the same. You may be able to get them down a couple hundred more on the Commander (if it's worth haggling over) because the invoice is around $37,700 but $38,191 is fair.

How much up front cash (down payment, first payment, tax on down payment, etc.)?

How many miles/year are you getting?

The residual you quoted is about 51% of MSRP which is pretty fair on a 39mo lease.

What is the money factor Chrysler is giving you? Assuming everything you've told me and assuming zero down payment then a lease payment of $609 would equal to a money factor of about .0032 or 7.68% APR(multiply by 2400 to get APR) which is a little high depending on your credit history. If you have decent credit I would try to shoot for a money factor of .0022 or 5.28% APR at highest.

If you want the 39mo lease I would shoot for a payment of $550/mo with zero down. You will pay roughly $600 or so for first payment and whatever else they tack on up front.

However, I would consider a 24 or 27mo lease because a 39mo lease is a long time and the car will likely be out of standard warranty towards the end of the lease. Most people who lease like to change cars every 2 years and keep a new car that is in warranty. Otherwise you would just finance.

The difference in payments on a 39mo and 27mo lease are not that much. You will get a higher residual value and lower money factor.

I can send you an easy little spreadhseet that I have developed that shows you how you calculate your payment based on all of the factors I've mentioned in this email. Just let me know if you would like it.

Good luck!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi uffllaa. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Commander that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh ha, uffllaa. I see that you already mentioned the prices that I just asked for. Dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives is a very good price for a new 2007 Jeep Commander. If you never finalized your deal in February, make sure to take advantage of DaimlerChrysler's enhanced cash incentives on this truck for the month of March. It now has $3,000 lease cash PLUS an additional $1,000 bonus on the '07 Commander Limited ($4,000 total). Also, make sure that the dealer you are working with is using Chrysler Financial's 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00259 and 47%, respectively to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ant99ant99 Member Posts: 14
    I would be very interested in seeing your spreadsheet as I am about to begin discussions on a lease.
  • blkcommanderblkcommander Member Posts: 6
    I was very lucky!! I purchased my 2006 Commander in April of 2007. It was a "Factory disclosure" car. I had not heard this term before? The hood and roof had been repainted by the dealer, I had to sign a paper showing that I was aware of this and got a copy of the paint bill. My Jeep is the sport model with a trail rating, 4.7L, rear A/C, Q-2, skid plates, and roof rack. I paid $23788 plus taxes.
    The dealer, Pro Chrysler Jeep of Denver, did an outstanding job. They picked us up at the airport and handled everything very professionally. They also threw in 3 years and 36,000 miles of service for free. (3000 mile changes)
    My first service experience went flawlessly. :):)
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    I am looking at a 07 Commander Sport. I see that for a lease it gets $4000 total lease cash. Would I qualify for the $1500 bonus cash due to our current lease with Mercedes for a total of $5500?
    Hi brentkhack. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $3,500 lease cash plus an additional $500 bonus cash ($4,000 total) on the 2007 Jeep Commander Sport. There is also another $1,000 lease loyalty cash on this model for current Chrysler Financial lessees, but I do not believe that this cash is available to current Mercedes-Benz owners or lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ifiv111eifiv111e Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man. We currently have a Jeep that is a few months from the end of the term of our "smart buy" (I'm not really sure that is the correct term) with Chrysler Financial, i.e., nearing the time that we either make the balloon payment or turn it in like you would at the end of a lease. We are thinking about leasing a new Commander Limited or Overland. A few questions:

(1) Do you think we'll qualify for the lease loyalty cash, even though we're not technically in a lease currently (since it's a smart buy), for total cash rebates of $5500?

(2) Do you think that invoice (minus $5500) is a good/realistic price on a Commander Limited/Overland or is that too optimistic?

(3) Do you have any idea what the current Chrysler money factor and residual value would be for a 36 month lease (in Texas) of a Commander Limited/Overland, 12,000 miles/yr, or if there is a way for me to figure out this info before going into negotiations? I'd also be very interested in seeing these figures for a Grand Cherokee Limited/Overland.

Sorry for all the questions!
  • ssilbaughssilbaugh Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a few different SUVs and am a firm believer that one should start at invoice price and go from there. A couple salespeople have told me that they could "give me a really good deal on an 07.

If I think a "fair" price is invoice, how much under invoice might I expect to get on an 07 model?
  • ssilbaughssilbaugh Member Posts: 2
    I'm new at this so sorry if this is a rerun...

I'm looking at 07 SUVs. Given that many dealers are looking to get rid of 07s with the 08s either there or on their way there are deals to be had. That said, how much UNDER invoice might I expect to get for taking these 07s of their hands?

Scott
    Hi ifiv111e. I think that there is a very good chance that you will qualify for the $1,000 lease loyalty cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on the Jeep Commander even though you currently have a balloon note through Chrysler Financial.

Dealer invoice minus all of the available cash incentives is a great target price to shoot for, though you may end up having to come up a couple hundred dollars from there.

Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Commander Limited 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00203 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Commander Overland 2WD are .00203 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dwwsdwws Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man:

I am interested in possibly leasing a 2007 Jeep Commander Limited or Overland. I am located in NJ and I have located 2 trucks that meet my criteria. One is an Overland with an MSRP of $46,215. The other is a Limited with an MSRP of $44,630. I want a 2007 in order to take advantage of the $4500 incentive and the $2000 lease loyalty incentive (I lease a Wrangler Unlimited). What do you think I ought to shoot for as a reasonable selling price, before applying the incentives? Can I possibly get these trucks for below invoice (again, before factoring in the $6500 incentives)? I would prefer to put no money down, but I really want to keep my monthly payment as absolutely low as possible. I will, without a doubt, be trading the truck in at the end of the lease, possibly for a new Commander if I have a good experience with it. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. Once I have a target selling price to shoot for, I will see what these dealers can do for me on a lease and then, if you don't mind, I'd like to run the numbers by you (I have 3 little kids and I cannot afford to lose any money because I get snookered by some fast-talking salesperson!)

Thanks a lot,

David in NJ
    Hi again:

Here's a little update & a question: the Commander Limited, whose MSRP is $44,630 (straight off the window sticker) has an Invoice Price of $40,786 according to Edmunds.com. The dealer is telling me that the Invoice Price is $41,787 and that Edmunds is wrong. This strikes me as unlikely because the Base MSRP for the truck is the same from both the Window Sticker and Edmunds and the MSRP with options is the same on both the Window Sticker and Edmunds.com. I suspect I'm being fibbed to and I want to know if there is any way to prove it. This particular Commander Limited is apparently the owner's demo with 5,000 miles on it. The selling price is $$38,987 before any incentices. With the $6500 worth of rebates that I qualify for, the selling price is $32,487. I am being quoted the following lease deal:

Cap Cost W/incentives: $32,487
    Term: 27 Months
    Mileage: 12,000
    Residual: 50% (2% deducted due to it being a Demo; Chrysler policy?)
    Money Factor: .00139
    Due at Signing: $1,000 (1st month,doc. fee, title fee, part of bank fee)
    Monthly Payment: $526.75

I could be totally off the mark, but that sounds rather high to me and I cannot figure out why. Someone, anyone, please help me. Is anyone there? ***ANYONE***?!?!??

Buhler......?

Buhle...........?

David in NJ
  • dmoraesdmoraes Member Posts: 1
    would you buy it??
  • eucnobleeucnoble Member Posts: 4
    I leased a 2007 Commander approx. 2 months ago and would highly recommend that anyone considering buying or leasing one of these vehicles to resonsider. They have a major shut down / stalling safety issue that is being discussed in another Edmunds forum. This is why Jeep is practically giving them away. I am aware of this problem because it happened to me and it was a big surprise and somewhat disturbing. And Jeep is not owning up to this problem because if they did, sales would come to a screaching halt.
    Hi David. If I was in the market for a leftover 2007 Jeep Commander, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around dealer invoice (the real invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com, not one that the dealer makes up) before the deduction of any available cash incentives. Normally I would have said $500 or so over invoice, but Chrysler is running a volume based dealer cash program for its dealers that should make dealer invoice doable. So, you're looking at a capitalized cost of around $6,500 under invoice after then $4,500 lease cash and $2,000 lease loyalty cash are taken into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi CarMan:

Thanks for the info. I have a slightly different scenario now. I am going to get out of my 2007 Jepp Wrangler Unlimited Lease, which is almost brand new. My payments are $349 per month. I am "upside down" on this lease, but the car is just to small for my family & me. I have been talking to a dealer and here is what I've got so far:

2008 Jeep Commander Limited

MSRP: $42,855
    Invoice: $39,900 (Edmunds.com says invoice should be $39,001)
    Selling Price: $42,204
    Incentives: $1,500 from Chrysler
    Holdback: $1,000 applied by dealer toward purchase/lease
    MYGIG Discount: $792 credit toward purchase for free MYGIG
    Down Payment: $1,000
    Residual: 48% ($20,570.40)
    Money Factor: .000840 (2%)
    Wrangler Cost: $3,221.22 (added to selling price to get out of lease)
    Term: 39 months
    Miles-per-Year: 10,000

Now, here is my question:

My Lease Calculator is telling me that I ought to be paying $579.10/ per month. The dealer is quoting me $619/per month He is telling me that I am not taking into account things like a $700 bank fee and various "Inception Costs" like taxes, etc. i feel as if I might be getting ripped-off, but I cannot tell.

PLEASE HELP! I have put down $1,000 (fully refundable) and i am supposed to go back on Monday, October 15th to discuss these "discrepancies". Any advice or counsel before then would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David in NJ
  • steeler86steeler86 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I are planning on getting a 2008 Jeep Commander or Grand Cherokee when our current GC lease is up. In the Grand Cherokee forums someone posted that the current GC numbers are as follows.

36 months....12,000 miles = 46% at a money factor of .00002

39 months....12,000 miles = 45% at a money factor of .00028

My question is, Are these numbers the same for a Commander Limited (or Overland)? And if not can someone provide me with the current Commander offers? Thanks of any help you can provide.
    You're welcome, David. Getting out of a lease well before its scheduled end date is usually not a very good idea, but if you and your family just cannot deal with having a smaller truck for the next couple of years then I guess that's what has to be done. As far as the Commander lease that you are interested in goes, I personally think that the selling price that the dealer is trying to charge you is too high. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to get one for $500 over dealer invoice (the one that is available here at Edmunds.com, not the inflated one that the dealer showed you).

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome steeler86. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00120 and 46%.

Chrysler Financial's current 36 month, 12,000 mile numbers for the '08 Commander Overland 4WD are .00008 and 44%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this truck are .00064 and 43%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost. Chrysler is providing an additional $500 to $1,000 bonus cash on top of this lease cash in certain regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • bldyibldyi Member Posts: 1
    Id like like to lease a Jeep Commander and would it be plausable to find one for $300-$350 a month. Starting Msrp for 2008 is 28,110. but I dont mind getting an '06. it should be less expensive? how is the best way to approach getting what i want if i had to negotiate?
  • junajuna Member Posts: 15
    We're looking for an '08 or '07 Commander 4x4 with remote keyless entry, roof racks, and possibly remote start, 5-passenger. Don't really care about any other specific features. 12k miles/year. 24-39 month lease period (whatever gives us the best deal). Zero down (except what we have to put down -- tax, title, license, 1st month's pmt, etc.).

One of our grandmothers worked for Chrysler, so we can get some sort of a discount that way (not sure how much of a discount it is). With current rebates, it looks like there's a $3500 rebate plus $1500 bonus lease cash. We're in Detroit. We don't qualify for returning lessee discount.

What's the best I can do in terms of monthly payment? I understand the concept of residual value, but can someone explain the buy rate lease factor?

Basically, I want to be able to walk into the dealer and say, "If you can lease me a Commander 4x4 for $XXX, consider it done." If not, I'll walk out the door. I just am trying to figure out, based on all the info I listed above, what the $XXX should be.

Thanks for any help in advance! I truly appreciate your time and assistance. I've never owned a Chrysler and am new to this whole line of vehicles, but the rebates seem so good right now that we're giving them a hard look.
  • mrj0001tjmrj0001tj Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the current residual percentage and money factor for 2008 Commander Sport?
    Hi bldyi. You should be able to lease a Jeep Commander for the $300 to $350 per month that you are shooting for, but to hit that payment range you would probably have to go with a base model like a Commander Sport. If you want to lease you definitely should go with a 2008 model. Chrysler is not providing lease support on the 2007 or 2006 Commander any more. I would be happy to estimate what the lease payment should be like on the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with its MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi juna. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you. Its exact payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. You never mentioned them so I will have to make some assumptions for now. I will assume that you are interested in a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD that has an MSRP of $30,805 and a dealer invoice price of $28,351. For now I will assume that you are able to lease this truck at dealer invoice minus the $3,500 lease cash and $1,500 bonus cash ($23,351). According to my calculations, your 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for this truck would be around $280, which is a heck of a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings mrj0001tj. This truck's lease program varies by term allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00152 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash that Chrysler is providing on it into account. Chrysler is providing additional bonus cash on this model in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the response Car man. I was looking at 36mnth 12k/yr. I just got a quote today for 2008 Sport AWD Rocky Mountain edition. The MSRP was $34,960. He said taking the $3,500 lease cash into consideration, monthly payment would be $457 mnth all included with just first months payment due at signing. I don't know about the additional bonus cash you are referring to. I live in CT so I don't know if it's available here. Does this quote sound too high?
    You're welcome, mrj0001tj. Unfortunately, Chrysler is not providing any additional bonus cash on the Commander in its Northeast region. You never mentioned the selling price of the specific truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, he told me the selling price is $29,428. How does that sound?
  • rresnickrresnick Member Posts: 1
    I'm look to lease a 2008 Commander Sport (26U package) (MSRP 36,580), I have preferred pricing through my job which makes the car 33,814 minus 4,500 in incentives (3,500 cash back and 1,000 lease loyalty) brings the price to 29,314. I need 15k per year in mileage. I was quoted 418 per month plus 2,300 due on delivery (tax, title, licensing, ect..).

Additional info: It is a 36 month lease and I live in the NJ.

Is this a good deal? Am I leaving money on the table?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    Lets get this forum moving again!

Hope this is appropriate here. I do not see where I can add a new discussion and most Commander discussions are dead!

I am thinking of switching form Toyota to Jeep. I have done my homework on the cost of the car but am getting stuck on the extended warranty. All my Toyotas Rav/Highlanders have come w/a 3 /36 warranty and I always buy a bumper to bumper zero deuctible Toyota factory warranty for 7/100K. It consistently runs about $800 if you shop around...not that they do not initially try to push it on you for $1600!

I was offered a similar warranty on an 07 Commander 4X4 with 15K miles for 4K. Boy did I laugh. Nevertheless I have found internet pricing from some dealers offering the same warranty for $2400.

Can this possibly correct? Is this still inflated? What are folks paying? Why so much?

Please advise. I won't purchase the Commander until I know what fair price is for such a warranty. I must consider this in my over all price before I purchase. Thanks!
  • justoreyjustorey Member Posts: 9
    What is the residual and MF for an 08 Commander with Package U (Leather 4.7 V8) MSRP $35,410 and current money factors? as well as the dodge durango with MSRP $35,450 (Nightrunner package - hemi leather)?

Could really use the help...

Live in TAMPA FLA
  • justoreyjustorey Member Posts: 9
    Carman... any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to lease an 08 Jeep Commander Sport with U Package (Leather)- $35,290 MSRP or 08 Durango SLT w/leather $34,865 MSRP. What kind of MF and Residual should I expect on both & what are the "real" invoice $'s.

Thanks - Jay in Tampa, FL
  • greggbluegreggblue Member Posts: 8
    Car Man,

I have a 2006 Commander that's coming off lease in a couple of months... From what I understand, I should be able to go into a new Commander with no penalty. I want to lease a new 2008 Commander Overland. Sticker is 45,575. As far as I can see, there is about 4,500 in rebates (3500+1000 loyalty)... What is the residual value and the lease factor I should be able to get? Can I get into this car with no $ down and less than 500/month? What would the bottom line payment be? I want at least 24 months with 15,000 miles/year... could go to 36 months. I live in Northern Virginia.

Thanks in advance!!!

Gregg
  • chiro498chiro498 Member Posts: 1
    looking to lease 0 money down 2008 jeep commander 4x4, 12k miles, leather seat package, msrp after cash back is 32, 900, what can i expect a payment to be?
    Hi Gregg. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00044 and 43%, respectively. The 36 month term is definitely going to result in a lower monthly payment.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. You never mentioned what this truck's selling price is. There probably is a $4,000 spread between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, as you mentioned there is $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 loyalty cash currently available on it. For now I will assume that you are able to get the Commander that you want for $500 over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland AWD that has an MSRP of $45,575 and a selling price of $38,575 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $553. It looks like you are going to have to pay a little more than the $500 per month that you were shooting for to lease this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chiro498. Let's crunch some numbers and see what sort of payment we come up with on this truck. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to this, Chrysler is currently providing $3,500 lease cash on this truck. This gives you a total of just over $6,000 to play with during your negotiations. For now I will assume that you are going to be able to negotiate a $5,500 discount on this truck. If you let me know its exact selling price I can use that instead. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD that has an MSRP of $32,900 and a selling price of $27,400 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $380.

Car_man
    Host
  • thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man.

Can you plese let me know what the numbers are from Chrysler Financial on a lease for a 2008 Commander Limited 4x4? Looking for current money factor, residual value, lease cash and loyalty incentives. Thanks.
  • thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Oh -- and i should have mentioned: looking for 36 months at 12,000 mi per year. thank you.
    Hello thechairman1. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Commander Limited 4x4 with 12,000 miles per year are .00096 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • magic14magic14 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for 36mos lease 2008 Commander 4x4 Limited w/MSRP=$40,870 and
    Employee Price=$36,203.My total additional discounts=$5,250,incl.$1,000 loyalty.
    I want 15K miles per year. My dealer calculated payments $407/mo w/$0 down.
    Is it good deal?What do you feel about Refuel America deal w/$2.99 per gal.?
    Should I take it and pay extra $70 per mo.? I live in Detroit area.Thank you.
  • stater09stater09 Member Posts: 4
    Car man;
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Commander Sport 4x4, base model (MSRP just over 30,000). What are the MF and residual rates on a 24 & 36 month low mileage lease - 10,500 per year. Also, if you wouldn't mind working up a sample payment I would greatly appreciate it.
    Hi stater09. This lease program varies somewhat by region, but here is the most likely program available in your area. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00277 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00226 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone had any recent negotiations with Chrysler Financial on the end of lease purchase of their vehicle? I have a lease that will be ending this fall and wondered what people have been able to negotiate.

It seems that auction prices won't justify the residuals, and I read that they are losing $5k+ per vehicle that they are taking back in this segment.

Any thoughts or recent experiences would be appreciated.
    Hi christiands. I believe that I recall reading a post from someone who was able to successfully negotiate a lower lease-end purchase price on a Chrysler Financial lease lately, christiands. It is difficult to say for certain whether Chrysler will negotiate your Commander's purchase price. Give them a call, you don't have anything to lose by trying. You certainly don't want to pay your truck's full purchase option price, which is likely much more than it is worth on the open market right now. If you wouldn't mind, please stop back and let us all know what they tell you.

Car_man
    Host
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the reply car_man,
    I talked to a couple of others that I know are going through similar situations and I will let you know what we're finding.

First, a friend's Commander is due this month and CFS' first offer to him was $4k off the residual without even asking for a discount. We'll see what he can do; I'm pushing him to offer much lower in writing to see how they respond. His is the test case I guess, so I'll update as needed.

Another friend has a minivan, so it will be interesting if there is a difference between SUVs and other vehicles. In my opinion (educated, as it relates to what is happening with automakers), there isn't an OEM that wants cars off leases now. Auction values are way off, driving used car values down and the earnings down due to inflated residuals.

A possible strategy I'm looking at is negotiating not only the purchase price (assuming someone wants their vehicle), but also to have CFS finance it and asking for a low interest loan on the vehicle. I would stay on their books, but probably would be treated differently than taking it in. What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.