Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 and Bluetooth

Comments

• I am on Verizon and have this device. does anyone know if I can transfer my phone numbers over to my M35? Love the bluetooth but this would make it ideal. thanks in advance for your advice.
  • james27james27 Posts: 433
    You have to do it one number at a time, and you only get (I think) 40-entries in the car's memory.
  • james27, 40 is okay with me but do you know how to actually execute the transfer from my phone to the M on the blackberry device?
    Nope, found it buried in the menus. I have a Motorola phone. If I remember, I selected the entry, and send was a menu choice. You had to confirm acceptance in the car's menus. Check the Infiniti website on Bluetooth. There may be some additional info there. You can add a voice tag to each phone number, which is handy unless you are really moving and the road is rough - the background noise messes things up.
  • okay, thanks for your advice. I'll check the infiniti site. I have done voicetags - works pretty well. thanks again.
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    Which cell phones have had the best Bluetooth compatibility w/ the M35. I've had my M for two years and when I got it there was no phone fully compatible. I finally settled on the Motorola 815 which works well but doesn't transport the phonebook into the car's system and therefore works voice-activated only when I've hand-entered the numbers into the car's system. I tried a Palm Treo back then. I would LIKE to get the Motorola RAZR simply because of its lack of bulk but I'm not sure whether Verizon has that phone. Any advice is appreciated.

Bart
    As an addendum, I've gotten some feedback that the battery life on the RAZR isn't sufficient to get through a full day unless you get the larger capacity battery and that eliminates the advantage gained by lack of bulk of the base RAZR. Comments?

Bart :confuse:
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 970
    I am a realtor in my M35 most of the day connected thru Bluetooth. I get multiple days on my standard RAZR battery. The easy/cheap solution for any cell phone is to have a car charger ready for those times when you forgot to charge your battery...see EBAY.

The RAZR works just like the other phones....your address book doesn't transfer to the car.
    Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps the person who told me the battery life stinks has one of the original models.

Does your RAZR couple completely to the car's audio system? Does the phonebook transfer directly for voice commands? Two years ago I read on the M35 thread that the phonebook would NOT couple automatically.

Bart :) :shades:
    ghstudio: Here's the criticism of the RAZR I received on another thread. This guy really hates his for multiple stated reasons.

Verizon does have the RAZR. I know because I have one. The lack of bulk is the only good thing I can say about the phone. I'm counting down the months until I can qualify for the trade-in.

First of all, I had to buy a larger battery (which of course increases the bulk) because the standard battery wouldn't last a full day and I didn't even use it much. Another problem is it has buttons on the side which are very easy to press. It is very easy to shut the ringer off and not know it. And finally, the phone is slow. When you push a function button it can take 2-3 seconds for the phone to respond. I know that doesn't seem like much, but when you are in a hurry its an eternity. Bart
    You have to transfer your phonebook entries one-by-one to the car from your phone, and are limited to 40. You can record a voice tag with each entry - it is the car's voice recognition doing the matching and dialing from its address book, not the phone's. If the calling name is in the phone book, it will display the name, otherwise, the caller ID will display the phone number. You can have it dial by speaking the number. Depending on how fast you are driving, and the road conditions, this can be problematic, but does work, just like any other voice commmands in the car.
  • carfan28carfan28 Posts: 43
    There is no phone that can transfer it's address book to the HFL of this car or any other. It has to be done manually- one at a time. One would think that this will available at some future date.

RAZR and KRZR both have decent battery life. I don't know how anyone can get along without a car battery charger that uses a cell phone in their car a great deal. Hey Cheap Skates get the cobwebs out of your wallets and buy one for $25 at the Verizon store or go to EBay.

Every bluetooth enabled phone should work with this car. If it's on the Infiniti recommended list that just means the particular phone was tested with the vehicle. It doesn't mean other phones won't work.
    Hassle is, the car supports only 40 phonebook entries. Not saying that it couldn't support more, but that's the way it is right now. Most cell phones support MANY more than that, often with 2-3 or more for a single named entry (home, office, cell, other?). So, how would you like the cell phone and car to agree on which numbers to transfer if you did it in bulk? You need to go in to enter a voice tag one-by-one.

Likelyhood is, you'd not get your desired numbers sent if it started at the beginning and ended when full.
  • kkoshkinkkoshkin Posts: 9
    My phone works fine with the car's Bluetooth, except that it never alerts me when I have an incoming call. The result is that when I get out, I may have a handful of missed calls that the car should have alerted me to. I can place outgoing calls effortlessly, and the phone and vehicle recognize each other every time I get in the car.

Does anyone know how to get it to alert me to incoming calls?
  • jjsheinjjshein Posts: 10
    When I first got the BB, I easily paired it with my 06 M45 where it worked flawlessly for ~2 months. Recently, I have been unable to get it to pair, even though my dealer deleted paired phones and I've followed the instructions from Infiniti's website exactly in order to get it working again. Anyone have any suggestions?
    can you pair your blackberry with your computer or any other device? I think you have to figure out which unit is giving you problems...it may not be the M
  • jjsheinjjshein Posts: 10
    The Blackberry works flawlessly with my Motorola bluetooth headset.
    I followed the procedure to get into the diagnostics menu and played with the phone microphone settings. They all have an echo with my Motorola V540 phone. I probably need to try listening on another phone to the connection, but I was wondering if others had tried this and if they hear a nasty echo when running the test procedure.
  • kivikivi Posts: 12
    When my wife picked up her M35 a few weeks ago she called me from the car, and we had a very bad echo during the call. I had her turn the volume on the phone down, and the call was perfectly clear after that. Sound quality was great.
    Unfortunately....that was the only time the car has successfully connected to the phone. Now it will simply not pair with the phone.... very annoying. Ours are Samsung phones.
    what is the procedure to adjust the microphone. I've tried the test, but changing the volume does nothing at all to the echo. I've tried this with both a motorola V3 and an LG 8600.

I actually now wear a bluetooth earpiece which works in and out of the car....but it would be nice to get a clear bluetooth connection in the car.

I'venever had a problem connecting the phone to the car.....they always find each other quickly.

If you have two phones, you have to tell the car which one you want to use. I wonder if that's your problem.