Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Starting and Stalling Problems

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
Having a no-start or stalling issue? This is the place to work out a solution!

Comments

• lawerlawer Member Posts: 1
    Hello .. 2004 Chrysler Pacifica.. Every 6 months or so, multiple times the battery drains and subsequently I was unable to start the vehicle.. At 10k miles or so with repeated (5 times or more ) took it to the dealer and he replaced the battery. After a year, I have the same problem re-occur with no warning. I am at a loss. Don't want to hear another song and dance from the dealer.. Any suggestion..!
    --> Have a radar/laser detector plugged in and the outlet seems to be turned on all the time, even when the vehicle is shutdown and no key in ignition.
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    There should be two outlets you can choose from on the dashboard. The one on the left has power only when the key is in. The right one is powered all the time. I would guess that having the constant power to the radar unit is what's causing your battery problems. I've had to charge my battery overnight twice in the 2 1/2 years I've had my Pacifica. Each time it was after minor work at the dealer when they probably kept the doors open for a long time. There was still enough power to start it, but the overnight boost got it back good as new.
  • axr6axr6 Member Posts: 42
    I had that problem initially with my 05 Pacifica. I had the dealer check the battery and the charging system and they were OK.

I quickly realized that it was caused by those 8 or so interior lights that the Pac has. I actually figured out the current and power consumption of all those lights and decided to turn them off so when the doors open they would not come on. Have not had a repeat of a battery drain since despite the fact that my car is regularly parked in the garage for over a week without being started.
  • dcdchaudcdchau Member Posts: 41
    Good point about the 8 or so interior lights that drain the battery really quick!!! Do we REALLY need that many bright lights??? I DON'T... so me too, I turn them off.

It happened to me on a long weekend in Aug. at the cottage. The battery was drained (lift gate was not completely shut leaving the lights on). It does not take long to drain the battery with those lights. I called for road side, waited for more than 2 hrs. Of course, they can not find my cottage...

I recently turned the lights on again one night, I noticed that when locking the car by using the lock button on the driver arm rest, it actually makes all lights dim when it clicks. Scarrry... now all lights are off again to protect the battery.

My question is what would happen in the winter when it -40 outside, snow storm, and you have everything on, heater. defrost, rear window, etc... AND driving in the slow traffic, may be the battery would die by the time you get home?

Has anybody tried to remove some of the lights?. ONE light is good enough for me.
    You asked:

"My question is what would happen in the winter when it -40 outside, snow storm, and you have everything on, heater. defrost, rear window, etc... AND driving in the slow traffic, may be the battery would die by the time you get home?"

Answer:

Even if the battery "dies" you alternator would provide enough power for the car to be drivable. Alternators, as opposed to the old generators, put out more power at lower RPMs. Still, you could drain the battery if you have all your headlighs, tail lights, heater, defroster, etc on at the same time and your engine is at idle much of the time. You can easily draw 40-50 Amps with all lights and accesories on. If you are in super bad, stop and go traffic, you may want to raise the RPMs a little bit, say to 1200-1500 for periods while you're stopped and keep an eye on your temperature gauge in the process.
  • steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    Try the program function in the vehicle information display on the left side of the display, if yours has it. You can program many different things to happen or not happen as you lock and unlock the car.

Look in the owner's manual, it will walk you through it, if yours is so equipped.........

I wouldn't think removing the lights is a great idea, you may want them on one day, just get a stronger battery possibly?
    Which plug are you using? One of the two plugs in the front console is on all the time, the other is keyed to the ignition........That could easily explain your problem with the radar detector.......

You didn't mention this either way on your post ...............
    You said:
    "I wouldn't think removing the lights is a great idea, you may want them on one day, just get a stronger battery possibly?"

I don't think that we're talking about removing the lights. Simply turn them off using the rotating "ring-switch" located on the multi-function light-stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. Just click it to the off position as you leave the vehicle and click it back on when you need the lights. As I posted above, the lights use nearly 8 amps, which work out to be roughly 100 Watts, nearly the same amount of power use as if you left your headlights ON continuously.

Getting a bigger battery may bot be the solution, it may not fit and still it might drain. That load is just too much to be on for any lenghts of time.
    I was responding to dchdau, he was asking about removing lights, not me....

I am aware that the "all off" postion exists, I use it at night in buggy Houston .........

I was not having any electrical problems at all..........As a matter of fact, half of the problemsquestions with the Pacifica I have read here could be eliminated or explained if every owner read the owner's manual completely...............
  • bluecar5bluecar5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm seeing this problem too-a 2004 AWD with about 28K-I think some things (perhaps) ignition were left on and the battery is dead-dunno if it is an electrical probelm but a battery should last for years...there is alot of power stuff on the car (tailgate etc) so I wonder if the battery isn't under spec for all the load and gets drained easily-I do know that if you kill a car battery flat a couple of times they are history, but I wonder if this is a typical problem with Pacifica?
  • kendonkendon Member Posts: 1
    Having same frequent dead battery problems on Pacifica 2004 AWD w/ 30k miles. Last time dealer replaced the battery... several months ago and now it's occurring again. Left the lift gate open for just 10 minutes this morning and it was dead. This will be the third or fourth battery. Dealer reports "nothing found wrong". Has anybody else gotten to the bottom of this? is the battery just insufficient for the load or is the charging system not up to the task?
  • eric112eric112 Member Posts: 9
    MAJOR FLAW in the car. Don't break down on a dark road at night and don't use your flashers! We are in the early processes of "lemoning" our 2nd Pacifica!
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    I may be wrong, but I'll bet the interior lights of the Pacifica draw a lot more juice than the flashers. Where did you get the half hour figure for how long the flashers would last? Did you test them? And you would consider lemoning over this? I'll have to refrain from any other commit about this mind set.
    And petew, it sounds like you are claiming a lot of us are lying. Again, no comment due to site rules. I have never been happier with a car than I have been with my Pacifica. And I have mentioned on this forum every single issue I have had. Each one was a minor annoyance and was taken care of by Chrysler. My Pac has always run perfectly and currently, for a long time, has had zero issues. I'm amazed every day by it.
    Uh,hello! If you are stuck on the side of the road in the dark (like I was, that's when I "tested" them by the way), would you sit in the dark?, or would you also have your lights on inside so you could see what you are doing (get out your flairs, call a tow truck, get out your spare tire, etc!)??????????? Think it through!? And yes, if it can't be fixed, I will Lemon the car, especially where I live where you drive for 40 or 50 miles between exits! You are one of the lucky ones if you've had no problems. Chrysler did replace my first Pacifica because it kept stalling, but if I can't leave the hatch open to load my car for a trip or to vacuum it for fear that it won't start, don't you think I might have a gripe! If you can live with your car not starting after leaving the door open for 15 minutes, then I've got a nice car to sell you! Not to mention the clunking in the front end others are complaining about on this site which just so happens to be warped rotors which happen after 10,000 miles on the car and aren't covered because they are a "wear" item. I'm not trying to pick on you, but I'm not making this stuff up.
  • kutehartkutehart Member Posts: 11
    Hi Eric,

I just wanted to comment on the clunking thing... I don't believe it has anything to do with warped rotors. I say this because I have had rotors replaced three times in the past, on two different cars and this clunking is not, at least in my experience, what occurs when rotors are warped. Typically, the car begins to shake when coming to stop and it progressively gets worse. Further, I noticed the clunking in my car at around 2,500 miles, so if the rotors were the cause (which I don't think is the case, like I said), then they are also using defective or crappy rotors in production.

Also, would you mind telling me what kind of offer Daimler made you on your first lemon? I just received word that they want to settle and I just want to know if I should expect something crazy or reasonable on the first go.

Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    You are one of the lucky ones if you've had no problems.

sorry, but i disagree with this analysis a bit. Kinda makes it sound like those with no problems are a small population, and that's just not true. I would say you are an unlucky one, and happy problem-free owners are just the standard.

Reminds me very much of Pilot/MDX transmission troubles. So many people making statements about the cars being junk, lemons, etc, etc. In the end, those affected by the transmission troubles amounted to less than 1% of owners.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fljoslinfljoslin Member Posts: 237
    I also agree that you are one of the very few unlucky ones. My wife has had a 2005 Pacifica Touring since Sept of 2004 and other than the driver's window regulator breaking and being fixed under warranty, we have had no problems. Chrysler offered my wife a loaner car but we declined.
    Count me among the silent majority who have no major issues, just a minor annoyance here or there, with a loaner car thrown in to boot. I have used a loaner car two times in almost 29,000 miles. One was a Cadillac DeVille, one was an '05 Dodge Durango, which I used to haul some plants home from the nursery that evening......No , I really can't say I have suffered at the hands of Chrysler thus far.............
  • dcdchaudcdchau Member Posts: 41
    I see a lot of people complain about the battery drain...
    YES, it also happened to me. The battery was dead because the liftgate was not closed tight; with too many interior lights on; 10 to be exactly.

WHO NEEDS THAT MANY LIGHTS??

If many people have this problem, then I think the battery in under rated. DC should install the more heavy duty battery in the Pacifica.

I check in with another forum and discover that the Pacifica has the "Battery Saver" feature.

FYI:

From 2004 the Service Manual:

INTERIOR LIGHTING BATTERY SAVER
    If any of the interior lamps are left ON after the
    ignition is turned OFF, the BCM will turn them OFF
    after fifteen minutes. To return to normal operation,
    the courtesy lamps will operate after the dome lamp
    switch or door ajar switch changes state. The reading
    lamps and glove box lamp operate under the same
    conditions as the courtesy lamps.

My "Battery saver" did not work before. The dealer said they fixed it but I have not tested it out. With winter is here, 15 minutes under sub-zero can kill the battery for sure!. For now, I just turn off the light (using the rotary switch at the turn signal handle). And turn it on only when I really need it.

If enough people complain, may be DC will install the RV battery in Pacifica!!!
    :confuse: I agree with you on the battery issue, I recently had the battery replaced under warranty, and I noticed that the battery my 5 star dealer put in was rated at 600 CCA, and it did not state "maintainence free" as the original battery did. It has the two "pry off" caps to check/add distilled water . I will look in my owner's manual (I am the orginal owner) to see what the CCA rating of the original battery was.

I have a theory (no way to prove it) that some of our Pacificas "sat around the lot" for awhile before they found their homes, and maybe the original battery discharged to zero big time. As we all know by now, that is not a good thing , and the original battery would never fully recover from such a disharge. This would mean you were operating with a battery that has , say, 60% of the efficiency (whatever you want to call it) of a brand new out of the box battery....That would lead to trouble with a Pacifica and all of it's bells and whistles....Comments?
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Chrysler was actually very resonable about the settlement. Here's what they did. They took back our original vehicle (it had 10,000 miles on it)
    and swapped it out for a brand new one. They did not charge us for the mileage, and the payments that were made were just applied to the new loan.

This all happened last February. We were one of the first to complain about the stalling problem and Chrysler had not figured anything out yet. Good luck

On the brake thing, the dealer told us the clunking sound was because of the warped rotors. Thanks for the tips, i'll investigate more.
    I think you've misunderstood me. In the context of being "one" of the lucky ones, I was referring to the others on this site who have posted the same types of problems I have had. I certainly don't have data suggesting that all of these cars have the same problems. I'm just relating mine and commiserating with others on this site that have had similar problems. I realize there are thousands of good working Pacifica's out there that are not having the same issues. Overall, I like the car.
  • laurheislaurheis Member Posts: 57
    I have had quite a bit of experience with warped rotors, and I agree 100% with kutehart. It sounds to me like your service department has given you an inaccurate assessment/solution to your clunking problem. Whether they are ignorant or unethical is your call. With our Pacifica, it was the replacement of the PTU that was the fix for the clunking. Each time we took the car in for something, we came armed with our information from this discussion group, because the service advisor never seemed to know what was wrong with our car. This saved us a LOT of time and trouble - especially with the PTU fix!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I apologize. I should have been clearer. I really didn't think you meant it to sound that way. I just wanted to clarify for any potential owners who might be visiting the board and reading posts, that's all.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fljoslinfljoslin Member Posts: 237
    I did not think that they even made batteries like that any more!
    Hey, I was surprised to see the "add water" caps on my new battery too.....I have distilled water for my cigar humidor, I'll just add a dash to the battery while I'm at it....takes me back to high school and removing the rear seat to get at the battery in my '72 VW Bug...
    Thanks for the reply. I can see how you thought I might be down on the whole car. NOT the case. Happy Driving!
  • 300mguy1300mguy1 Member Posts: 6
    We also have an '05 Pacifica - Limited AWD -- really a beautiful car. Had trouble with the check engine light coming on and stalling -- and not just when turning. Had it back to the dealer ** 14 ** times. Stalling was due to bad fuel pumps -- Service tech said they had a terrible time with those. Our continued check engine light was due to the STUPID tech removing the fuel tank instead of using the access panel. Just took it in for the clicking -- i thought the CV joints were bad -- nope -- its the AWD. Waiting on parts. We went thru a lemon law attorney -- Chrysler wouldnt buy it back, but they did give us $4500 for all the crap we put up with!!
    Brad
  • davidd5davidd5 Member Posts: 79
    Well it does suck you have had problems with your PAC,this car does not have an access panel for the fuel module. Now say sorry for calling the tech stupid ;)
  • 300mguy1300mguy1 Member Posts: 6
    :( sorry.... but it really is a great road car...
  • tryagainredtryagainred Member Posts: 7
    5/15/06- my saga continues- with my black box recording device in place it had engine stalling 5x tonight- once was a near miss with a LEXUS suv incoming at 45 mph behind me- there is no warning only engine stalling when i realize the steering wheel is frozen and no acceleration with the accelerator. then it later started showing 33 miles til empty when i knew it had almost a full tank- i thought- it finally started dinging and i pulled into a gas station- it took 3 gallons to top off- needles went straight to FULL- then later the panel lights would not work- oh and earlier today no cold air from the a/c. i called the manager tonight of dealer and he is wanting to switch out gas tanks- what?? engine stalling was on a full tank of gas. how do i get anyone to listen this is 9 months of PAC FAILURE TO PERFORM. LEMON LAW OR CHRYSLER BUY BACK?? I HAVE ASKED AND ASKED CHRYSLER 2 WEEKS NOW- they say they will have area manager look into it- i wound up with a black recorder box in my car AFTER talking with him- i am a human crash test dummy with a baby in the back seat.
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    Chrysler was supposed to respond to the NHTSA about the Pacifica stalling problem by 5/15. They sent a fax yesterday, and it appears that they are working on two solutions. The TSB should arrive in the mail with the complete package. I will let you know when I learn anything else.
    Chrysler has responded to the NHTSA with fixes for two separate problems. The first is a fuel pump issue. Chrysler received some fuel pumps last summer with a seating problem. The Pacifica fuel tank is shaped like a saddle bag to allow the drive shaft to clear on the AWD models. The pump has to pump fuel from one side to the other. The pumps with the seating problem are unable to do this. Unfortunately I do not have the TSB number for the fuel pump fix, or an exact time frame for the dates of manufacture for the cars with the bad pumps. I was told that my October 2005 date of manufacture is not in the window of the cars built with bad pumps.
    The second problem is addressed in TSB 1803905 dated December 5, 2005. This has to do with the canister that captures fuel vapors from the fuel tank. At some point between a full tank and 5/8's of a tank, the computer tells the system to vent these vapors into the fuel injection system causing a temporary rich condition in the fuel injection system. This rich condition will cause the car to idle too slow and stall when the driver is making a slow speed left turn and lifts off of the throttle. I do not know if there will be a recall. I have driven 3,000 miles since I had the TSB done, and the car has not stalled. I guess I will try to remember to never lift my foot off of the throttle when making a slow speed left turn. Hope this helps.
  • jregen7243jregen7243 Member Posts: 91
    I just received an email from someone at DOT who was assigned to my case and he also told me that Chrysler advised him that TSB 18-039-05 should fix the stalling problem. I'll let you know what happens.
  • nelson33nelson33 Member Posts: 100
    Thank God that my Pac has only stalled once cuz I probably would go insane dealing w. a dealership. I took my car, for the first time, to address a couple of problems w. my Pac. First off, the car stalled once on a left hand turn, and sometimes suffers from idle rpm dips. The second prob. I wanted addressed was that, twice, the dashboard lights and remote failed to work. The car will turn on and run but w.out dashboard lights (ie tach. speed. etc. Normally corrected itself after a couple of on-off cycles followed by a check engine light which would also go away. The third prob. was the rear driver-side door lock-unlock switch which never worked from day one.

First the stall prob. I tell the service rep, very nicely mind you. "By the way, there is a TSB for this car for I know alot of Pac owners have suffered from this stalling problem. I have the TSB # if that helps"
    His response, "No, we don't go by that. There are tons of TSB's out there" "We'll check the car out for codes".

Ooookaaaaaay.

I got the same response for the dash light problem. Which kind of makes sense in this case since it is an unusual problem.

Now the door, I was very specific about this. I said it was the door BEHIND the driver seat where the lock-unlock button is inoperable. I mentioned that the switch felt loose to the touch and can only be opened by unlocking the power door lock in the front.

Also, I mentioned that every now and again while in traffic, I get a bit of a delay bump during slow acceleration. It was one of those bumps that did not feel too normal so I thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, the loaner experience was excellent, I'll give them that. Although I wasn't too happy about driving a gas guzzling Dodge Durango w. a V8.

Back to the point. 3 DAYS LATER. They tell me the car is ready.
    1) They could not duplicate the stall nor could they find any codes. I'm relieved that this only happened once and hopefull never again.
    2) The found no codes for the dash light prob. and could not duplicate the problem. I find that troubling for that is an electrical problem but at least it's on record.
    3) Found no problem w. the tranny and could not duplicate the problem. I noticed a similar but lesser bump on the Durango so maybe it's nothing.
    4) Fixed door switch by moving child safety switch to unlock position. Dude, it was already in the unlock position. What was broken was the unlock switch inside the friggin car. Duuuuhhh!
    5) They got rid of the check engine light. Mind you that I did not have a check engine light when I brought it in.

3 days and $120.00 in car rental fees later(covered by Chrysler of course) and they could not fix a damn thing. Not even an lock/unlock switch. LOL

I really hope you guys out there are getting better service than this. Mind you, this is a reputable 5 star dealership. Next time I take it in for the door switch problem, I will put a giant yellow tag on the lock w. the word "BROKEN" on it. Maybe that will help.
  • jimmybennettjimmybennett Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2006 Pacifica Touring FWD with 3300 miles. We absolutely love the vehicle, but after reading some of these posts, I'm freaked out. We leased the Pac in January and I just now have 3300 miles. This past Saturday, after returning from a camping trip, I took the Pac to the car wash. I had just turned into my development (left-handed turn, mind you) and I noticed the oil light was on. I immediately turned into my neighbor's driveway. I thought the car was out of oil. To my disbelief, the car had stalled. Before I tried to start it, I checked to make sure it had plenty of oil. I just had it serviced, for the first time, at 2500 miles two weeks earlier. I always change my oil around that time. There was plenty of oil and the car started right back up. I am really cautious of it now. It's sad to read all of these things because I really have felt safe in the Pac and have really enjoyed it. Even more disheartening is that I had an '05 Trailblazer that I traded in on the Pac because it was an absolute disappointment. If it happens again, I guess I'll start the service department game - URGH!
    Don't panic. It's such a specific flaw, ie on slow left turns, that I am not too worried about it. But then again, I can say that cuz it has only happened to me once and that was a while back. I've tried to duplicate the stall many times w. no success. I wrote it off, in my case, as bad (87 octane gas at that time) gas perhaps. Since then, I use only 89 octane. However, when you get a chance, mention it to your service dealer and see what they have to say. Hopefully, Chrysler will treat you a bit better than my service dealer treated me. Also, REPORT IT TO THE NHTSA. They will get back to you. Obviously, the problem is not isolated to a specific year but rather across the board. Eventually, Chrysler will have to seriously look into this or the government will force them to step up their efforts. Don't be cautious, try to duplicate it. That's the only way you, and we, will learn about the problem. Good luck and keep enjoying your car.
  • jimmybennettjimmybennett Member Posts: 7
    I have been using the 89 octane in my Pac. I used 87 the first couple of times because the wonderful salesperson neglected to tell me that 89 octane was recommended. After I got around to reading up on the owner's manual, I switched to 89 and have used it since. When I discovered that I should be using 89, I had about 3/8 of a tank, so I filled it the rest of the way up with 93 octane.

I was wondering if anyone had tried using 93 octane to see if it made a difference. I did go ahead and report it to the NHTSA. I'm glad that this forum provided the info. Thanks for the positive response.
    I highly doubt a higher octane would make a difference or whether it is a contributor to the stalling. I only mentioned it because those were the only observations I could gather when my 05 turned off. Left, slow turn w. 87 gas w. alot more than a 1/4 of a tank full. I know the manual does specifically mention that bad gas can cause the Pac to stall but I doubt that is the cause as well. Hopefully, a fix will come. Hopefully.
  • thewall31thewall31 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all , just bought a new 2006 Pacifica fwd tourning last month and last night my wife informed me that it stalled out while making a slow speed left hand turn there is 1300 miles on it, and now to find out my mother told me that it happend to her a week after we had the car but did not say anything about it to me. I'am realy glad and thankfull to everyone in this fourm for the warrning baout the stall so I was able to tell my wife what do if the car stalled out.
    I'am now starting a log and awaiting a return call from the service manager . are there any steps that I should be taking in case this matter can not be resolved the first time out with the service deparment. THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY AND ALL HELP
    My 2006 Pacifica FWD stalled once in 14,000 miles during a slow left turn. I took it to the dealer, and they said that the computer did not store a code for the stall. They did the TSB, and I have driven 5,000 miles without another stall.
    I would not wait for a return call from the service manager. I would drive to the dealer and politely ask that they check for a code for the stall and do the TSB. Your wife and your mom are driving this vehicle, and you need the TSB done. Good luck!
  • dinad0524dinad0524 Member Posts: 4
    I just worked out a deal today for a Pacifica, and I am suppose to pick it up on Monday. It is a 2006, AWD Touring fully loaded with Navigation and lots more. I am trading in my Cadillac CTS (which I love) for more room. I liked the Pacifica because I am not ready for the minivan thing. I am now sick to my stomach hearing alot of people talk about the stalling problems. Any suggestions? I am thinking about canning the entire transaction. I am extremely nervous of the safety issue with my little one. I could not imagine driving on a major highway with a tractor trailer behind you and stalling. I would like to know if anyone has had any resolution to their problem or advice for me. I guess my gut is saying FORGET it. HELP.....
    Thanks for the reply mrrogers , beacuse of work and the weekend comming up i know i would not be able to bring it this week but wanted to talk with the service manager since this will be our first vist in for service. He called me back today and i explained the problem of the stall and told him that i was very concerned about it and had been researching it online and he told me that he was very much aware of the stall problem and that it is a vapor problem caused by the software and that a software update will correct it , so we have a n appointment to bring it in tommrow and I have my fingers crossed that that will do it with out any further searching around to correct the stall problem,, hope it works we realy love this car and so far knock on wood this has been the only problem . i'll write back and post the out come of the vist to the service department , thanks happy and safe driving all
    Hey, dinad0524 we absolutely love our Pacifica and even though we are bringing ours in monday for the software update for the stall , from what the latest posts on here have said and speaking with my service manager I feel pretty confadint that this will fix it. If you really do feel that concerned about the stall problem and unsure of making the buy I would bring it up when you go back to the dealer and voice your concern of it also maybe you can ask to have the software update done before you drive off the lot and get it in writing that this problem should have been taking care of. Just so you know we really do love ours and searched the car market for almost a year before getting ours and just love it, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR
    It is good to hear that your service manager called you back, and that you will get the TSB done tomorrow. Based on my experience, I don't believe that your Pacifica will stall again after the TSB is done. Once you get the TSB done, you should be able to enjoy the upscale, comfortable interior and the car-like ride and handling.
  • moelungermoelunger Member Posts: 3
    Well, after having a year of stalling problems with my '04, nearly taking a BIG loss to replace it, our dealer installed the flash (software fix) earlier this year. We've been stall-free for about 4 months now.

I still think the stalling goes beyond what Chrysler's saying. I think they have the fuel-air mixture too lean on startup for emission control regs. Since they can't change that, they're trying to rig things up. If it starts stalling again, I'll be back...
  • kshone1kshone1 Member Posts: 2
    When purchasing your car you should have received a booklet that explains the lemon law. This law is regulated by the state therefore you will need to see the requirements for your specific state. But if the problem persits and the service center can not repair it, Chrysler may replace or repurchase the vehicle. I am going through a settlement with them as we speak to have mine replaced.
  • kabooziekaboozie Member Posts: 15
    Hey kshone1

I just got mine out of shop a week ago for 3rd time in. I had the latest and greatest fix but of course had a stall again.

How is your process going? I have to get my act together. I lost one of my receipts that was the 2nd time I took it in. I am afraid if I request a copy they are going to realize why and freak out on me. Are you dealing with the dealership at all or going straight thru corporate and the lemon process?? :sick:
    Hi, all sorry for the delay on the post , yes brought our Pac in last monday for the first time to the service department and asked for the service manager right off the bat , I had already spoke with him the phone but wanted to really voice my concern over this matter of the stall to him while being firm but still polite and he told me that he had already gotten the bulletin for it and they performed the TSP 1803905 update on the car so far so good as we just took a road trip of about 800 mile total over the past 4 days. If the stall happens again I will then contact the chrysler headquarters and deal with them direct and if that is of no help will start to make contact for the lemon law and contacting every consumer advocate group . I also have started a log of stalls service visits and all phone calls and who I spoke with and the nature of the conversation just in case. It seems we all either at least like this car of flat out love it which is true in our case and will not settle for anything but the utmost satisfaction and safety in resolving this issue. We will get through this problem as long as we all stay on the same page as each other.
    Thank you all for your time and HAPPY and safe driving
  • pacproblemspacproblems Member Posts: 12
    :lemon: :lemon: I posted some time ago when there was not a Pac stalling forum. I have a 05 AWD Touring. I have had it in Dick Scott Motormall in Fowlerville, Mi. 6 times for stalling. It has stalled while turning left, foot on the brake and off the gas approximately 20 times since it was new. It recently stalled again and I phoned Mr. Scott himself who advised me to bring it in. Once aware of the problem the dealer would not except the car because they did not know the fix. Mr. Scott himself told me that he would contact Chrysler regional manger and call me with in 48 hours. It has been 3 weeks and no phone call. Mr. Scott told me it is a Chrysler Problem and not a dealer issue.
    Dealer has performed and assured me that each following fix will fix the problem. Well so far they have been incorrect.
    1.Replace both fuel pumps.
    2 Replace fuel lines from tank to throttle body.
    3 Replace solenoid
    4 Replace PTU
    5 Replace Catalytic converter
    6 Replace Throttle body positioner sensor.
    7 Software upgrade
    This is where I am at.
    Filed a complaint with the NHTSA. At their request I sent them all my repair orders.
    Filed a complaint with the Michigan AG's office against the dealer and Chrysler.
    Filed a complaint with Chrysler against the dealer.
    Retained a Lemon Law attorney.
    Sent a Last Chance Letter via Certified mail to Auburn Hills.
    I phoned Chrysler Financial today and told them I am stopping payments.
    I was told by Chrysler Customer Service today that the reason I haven't received a phone call because the Regional Manager has been on vacation(for 3 weeks?). I can't belive how unprofessional that the dealer and Chrysler has been on this issue.
    I have learned that the NHTSA has over 60 complaints filed on this paticular problem. This past Feb. NHTSA has launched an investigation and has requested all information from Chrysler. I have asked everyone that I have spoke to at Chrysler if they are aware of this problem, and they reply NO.
    More later..........