Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buying a Used RX 330

lookieloulookielou Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Lexus
I'd like to buy a used RX 330, preferably a 2005 with all of the toys (NAV, DVD, heated seats, Mark Levenson sound, etc.).

I found one from a private owner for $33,000 that has 23,000 miles. Does that sound like a good deal?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Lexus RX 330: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

Steve, Host
  • rkhanrkhan Member Posts: 1
    Hi steve,

I am planning to buy a car from ebay in US and will use it while I am there for my clinical portion of studies for 2 years. After that I would like to take it back to Canada. I would like to know what the registration, insurance and export requirement be.
    Here's a discussion that should help:

Importing Car into Canada from US

If you happen to find one locally:

Importing Canadian Vehicles to the U.S.

For on-line buying, see the Purchasing a Vehicle On-line (Ebay, etc.) discussion.

If all those links haven't worn you out, here's one more. :-)

Buying and Selling Cars on eBay
  • motorjockmotorjock Member Posts: 5
    Just saw your post that you bought a o4. What do you think of this please? I found a 04 RX330 that is CPO w/16,871 miles on it. Nav, rear dvd and basically everything that I would want in a new one but don't wanna spend what they want right now. The dealership is asking $34,900. Edmunds says the trade in on it was about $28. I understand that making it CPO adds over a 1K. My question is do you think it's a good deal for a 04 with that low of mileage? It's a one owner that was traded in back to the dealership they bought it from. Also besides little tweaks is there that much difference in an 04 and 06 or 07. Such as can't the nav be updated for maps??? If it sounds like a good car, I'm hoping to get them down to high 31 or 32. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry, it's in the Dallas area. Here's some of the particulars

** 3 YEAR / 100,000 MILE LEXUS WARRANTY

** ONE OWNER

** NAVIGATION SYSTEM

** REAR DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

** NON SMOKER

** SUPER CLEAN

** SUPER LOW MILES

** SHOWS LIKE NEW

** Loaded With Rear DVD Entertainment System, Navigation System, Back Up Camera, 18 Inch Upgrade Wheels, Rain Sensor Wipers, Leather, Sun Roof, Lexus Premium Sound System With 6 Disc CD Changer, Wood Steering Wheel Upgrade.

** Other Equipment Includes Memory Seats, Home Link, Dual Auto-Climate Control, Auto Headlights, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, Dual Front Air Bags, Front Side Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Dual Power Seats, Alloy Wheels and More.

** Excellent Condition as you would expect from a Dealer interested in your Total Satisfaction!

** Certified Lexus Cars Feature a 3YEAR/100,000 Total Mile Factory Warranty
  • rav4mnrav4mn Member Posts: 10
    My general advice, no matter what I or anyone else say, is that YOU have to be satisfied with your decision, and don't look back.

That said, my vehicle was the exact same as yours, excpet I do NOT have rear DVD. (But to clarify, does this vehicle have the Mark Levinson audio? That is quite nice, esp if you have the DVD system.) I paid $31,995. Mine was not Lexus Certified. The same vehicle would go for about $34k here in MN. THrow in the LOW miles your has and the DVD system, I'd say that is a fair price. I'd would be SHOCKED if you can get them to come down, esp to 31 or 32.

(Now when you start talking that kind of money, maybe you want to look at a slightly less equipped 2006/7 model?);-)
  • nikoendonikoendo Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 05 rx330 with clean carfax. NAV (voice command and bluetooth) + read seat DVD w/ wireless headphones, + premium plus package + all weather mats and trunk mat etc. Car had 15,500 miles on it and got it for 32,500. New Jersey dealship. 31 - 32k is waaaay too much to pay for an 04 with 20k miles on it.
  • daisy927daisy927 Member Posts: 4
    I am thinking about buying an SUV and I don't know much about Lexus. I saw a used 2004 RX330, can you tell me what do I need to know and look for or point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  • lanceleaderxlanceleaderx Member Posts: 1
    $32,500 with tax or without tax ?
  • daisy927daisy927 Member Posts: 4
    It's listed for $32,000 w/o tax. 24k miles.
  • goastrosgoastros Member Posts: 1
    it is light blue.
    No dvd or rear camera, 2004 rx 330
    27k miles for 28,500.
    I would think he would come down and ultimately sell at 28k.
    but what do u guys feel ? good deal ?
    In addition to the Prices Paid discussion linked above, you can also use the Used Car Appraiser here.
  • la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    2005 and later are the more refined, preferred years of that body style from what I read. 2004 was the first year. All first year models, even Lexus, have some "less refined" issues, whether quality or just stuff they improved upon. If you want to research more, use the search tool on the other RX330 forums for older messages.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't get it or that it's not recommended, on the contrary. Just FYI. Maybe to help you get a better deal, and watch for any little imperfections, especially a windshield crack.

You still have the balance of the factory warrantee, too.

Good luck!
  • joobi1joobi1 Member Posts: 1
    What is the average price range for 2005 CPO RX330 with navigation? I feel like these dealers want you to pay for the features over again when you buy CPO.
  • swedejunkswedejunk Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2004 RX 330 with 28K miles on it. It is priced at 29 K in MN. What do you think about the price. My email is criticcal04@gmail.com
  • mmw2mmw2 Member Posts: 1
    I see in the forums that there are people buying RX330s that are just coming off of a lease. They are paying the residual value only or so it appears which seems to be far less expensive . How do I begin to find that kind of situation?
  • littlefarrelllittlefarrell Member Posts: 1
    about to purchase and am shocked with what you got for that price. need to know if yours is cpo?
  • ranajoranajo Member Posts: 57
    Our 36 month lease ends in March 2009 and we have the option to buy the car at a pay-off of approximately $27700 right now or alternatively at the residual of $26400 at the end of the lease. Our payments are $531 per month and we have three payments left.

We will be out of the country when the lease ends and would need to have someone else turn the car in when the lease ends - if we don't buy it.

The car is pretty loaded and has a navigation system with 31500 miles. It is in excellent condition except for a very minor dent - which would cost us about $700 to fix if we turned it in. If we purchased it, the barely noticeable dent is something we can live with. We also would need to replace the tires before turning it in - though that is something we would need to do anyway since the tread is somewhat worn. There is no mileage overage due - in fact our lease allows us 36K miles by the end of the lease.

My question: would it make sense to go ahead and purchase the car right away based on a price of $27,700. I checked the appraised value and it appears to be a good deal especially given that we know the history of the car - if one compares it to a CPO vehicle. We live in the DC metro area.

I would appreciate any advice on this issue.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    That is exactly what I did with my 2005 RX 330 AWD when it came off-lease one year ago. The residual value then was just about what your 2006 Residual value is now. I feel it was a good option for us. Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.