Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Caliber Accessories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• bigtsrbigtsr Member Posts: 149
    Could be they are confused or did you buy SXT SPORT?
    SXT is supposedly chrome grill and SXT SPORT comes
    with painted grill.
    My SXT has chrome grill however they put a RT
    rear bumper on it with the cutout for the exhaust.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    That is correct. I ordered a sport and it came with a color matched grille. They changed it in April but never updated the booklets. Anyone who ordered a Sport would think it should be chrome but indeed it is not. I complained and the dealer switched mine out.

IF you can't get them to switch it you can always mod it yourself with the chrome adhesive trim(I have pictures in my carspace site), the outter part of the grille won't be chrome but the cross bars will. It looks nice that way too.
  • donpilotdonpilot Member Posts: 7
    My 2 day old r/t fwd has ESP but with 75 miles I can't tell you anything about it. It is a $250 option.
  • mlcncampermlcncamper Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone attempted to purchase a roof rack system for their car? Though there is a picture in the brochure of the accessory the item is not listed in the dealer catalog. Nothing located on the web either.
    Though this accessory is shown in the dealers brochure it is not listed in the dealer catalogs and I am told that they do not exist. Anyone else able to get one yet?
    Mopar stopped selling the roof rack due to some
    problems either mechanical/supplier.
    If your look at caliberforumz.com you will see
    that other Caliber owners are using Thule or
    Yakima carriers and one has a how to posted.
    Thank you for the information I'll check it out.
  • leffjeleffje Member Posts: 1
    I too am looking for performance chips for my caliber, R/T - 2.4 liter. But I am not having much luck. Have tried Jet Performance, they said that they are working on one, may be 6 to 8 months yet.
    Anyone have any better luck?
  • wmccraywmccray Member Posts: 4
    just purchased a new caliber, one of the interior features is a soft tonneau cover, what is it? where is it at? is it a pull over cover for the rear area?
    The tonneau cover if you have one is the rollup cover
    situated behind the rear seat that unfurls like a window
    blind to cover the cargo area and protect its contents
    from prying eyes.
    looks like the dealer has to come up with one, it was on my window sticker as part of the package, but it's not in the auto. thanks for info
  • airnosairnos Member Posts: 16
    Anyone know if there's some sort of aftermarket tachometer available for those of us who cheaped out and bought an SE? I've looked at the one gauge recommended earlier in this forum and I'm not at all sure about it since I don't know where I could put it in order to read it "on the fly" while driving.

I've also run across some advertisements for a fan-shaped thing (you can tell I'm real up on car engines here) that you can put into your air intake and it's supposed to increase mileage. Would that void the warranty?
    There are many aftermarket tachs floating around the trick is to install
    it properly possibly if you have a RELIABLE mechanic you know of or
    possibly get advice at a Chrysler dealer service dept before you make
    the leap.
    There is an instrument called Scanguage that you plug into the
    diagnostic port (OBD2) under the dash that gives you all sorts of
    data,Google it or check on the various Caliber post sites for its
    website.
    The add ons that increase gas milage for sale on the internet
    are for the most part unreliable or don't live up to their claims.
    The best things you can do are drive conservatively,keep your
    tires inflated to1-2 lbs above mfr spec,replace/clean your airfilter
    with hi flow (K&N/Mopar) element and change your engine oil
    to synthetic.
    can the chip be changed in the caliber? on the neon's you could change the chip for economy or performance, our 2007 awd rt get 22 to 24 miles per gallon, that a big difference from our old auto that got 32 to 36, if it can be done without voiding the warranty, where can i get it?
    I have not seen a chip offered yet other then the dubious junk
    on Ebay to increase performance.
    You should check the EPA site for mpg ratings on the Caliber RT/AWD
    for if your driving the majority city miles 24 mpg is in the ballpark as
    my 2.0L/CVT/FWD gets between 25-28 mpg US 100% city driving
    and jumps to 31-34 mpg US on the hiway.
    a lot of junk, that offers better mileage, but few do, just gimmicks to relieve a person of spare cash, thanks for the reply.
  • bnycebnyce Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there is a performance chip available that would not void the warranty on a 2007 Calilber R/T?
  • genlizgenliz Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if you can buy a tonneau cover for the Caliber? I just bought an SXT and it's listed as a package option, but I've searched the 'net and can't seem to find anywhere where you can just buy a tonneau cover. I'm planning a long driving trip this summer and would like the tonneau cover to keep all of the gear we will have out of sight in the hatch area.
  • jetlinerjetliner Member Posts: 5
    Probably can't find it because it is not known as a tonneau. Look for reference to the storage , their is a "cover" that unrolls to cover the contents in the hatchback. Tonneau being an older term used with reference to convertibles and back of open trucks.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-Dodge-Caliber-Tonneau-Cover-Cargo-Shade- _W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63690QQihZ022QQitemZ350059503061QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZW- DVW

Here's one on Ebay, that's where I saw them when I had a Caliber and where I sold the one that came with my Caliber.
  • shorty16shorty16 Member Posts: 1
    Bought my caliber last week..... really impressed with this car,great gas mileage,The most important thing is that my wife loves it !!!!!!
  • maryr22maryr22 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all, does anyone have a recommendation for a rear seat cover on my 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD? I don't think Dodge sells this as an option, right? I can't find anything and am wondering if anyone has purchased one for their caliber, and if so, what they'd recommend. I have a dog with whom I travel a lot and would like to add a protective cover in the back seat, which will also prevent her from slipping around on the leather! Thanks so much...
  • wiseguy_srt4wiseguy_srt4 Member Posts: 4
    :P EBAY IS THE BEST PLACE I'V FOUND YET. I BOUGHT MY JDM HALO HEADLIGHTS WHICH ARE SUGESTED RETAIL 329.99 WELL I PAID A WAPING 97.00 TOTAL MY TAIL LIGHTS JDM SMOKE LED'S WERE RETAIL 259.99 I GOT THEM FOR 109.00 A GOOD DEAL ALL AROUND. I ALSO GOT A HID FIT FOR 69.00 YOU CAN GET CHEAPER BUT I WANTED QUALITY LIGHTS THAT WOULD LAST. I WISH I COULD POST A PICK IT TURNS HEADS ILL TELL YA BEAUTIFUL AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. EVEN SAVING OVER HALF OFF WOO HOO!
This discussion has been closed.