Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac SRX Real World MPG

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited September 2014 in Cadillac
Please report on your SRX mileage here.

Include your odometer reading, city/highway mix, driving style or anything else you think may help others compare their mpg with yours. Thanks!

Steve, Host

Comments

• tom197tom197 Member Posts: 9
    Could someone please advise what mmileage they are getting with the V-6 SRX city and highway. I test drove a V-6 and liked the way it rode. The dealer had 2006 models with the old sticker price of $39,620.00 and the new sticker price of $36,620.00 in stock. I am looking for a base unit with minimal options. GM is offering a great deal with the gas mileage plan. I can purchase it less than invoice utilizing their supplier plan. Any input would be appreciated.
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    I am by no means a terribly aggressive driver; I may on occassion take off faster than needed. However, I am getting 14 mpg in the city. The best I ever got on the hiway was 17ish. I don't drive much though on the hiway.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    2wd.
    20mpg at 80mph.
    23mpg at 65.

16mpg in the city.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Member Posts: 11
    RWD

city 15

Highway 19

overall 16.5
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Member Posts: 486
    2005 RWD
    15.9 overall mileage (my wife complains about this)
  • tputmantputman Member Posts: 4
    City/suburban - 17
    Highway - 21
    Absolute worst single tank - 14

All of this on regular, BTW. Supposedly you could get better with premimum.
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    So far the first couple of tank fulls have averaged around 18 MPG on premium. The first tankfull was 85 octane regular I think, that the dealer put in after telling me that it would run on regular OK. That tankfull averaged (by the computer) around 17 MPG. This has been local driving, which is a combination of cold starts with some highway, some city driving.
    In the first 1200 miles I have averaged about 18 MPG. This is local driving, but I live about 10 miles from the nearby town, so most trips involve several highway miles with a few in town miles. For comparison, my 2002 seville averaged about 24 MPG in local driving.
  • joncee81joncee81 Member Posts: 1
    Got a whopping 9 miles per gallon on the way home from the dealer( 29.4 miles) now getting 10.7 city and highway although do a lot more city driving. Dealer said it would get better, have 3,300 miles, still waiting
    I have 7000 miles on my SRX now. On a long trip it averaged nearly 21 MPG. I am getting about 18 to 19 in local driving. My local driving is more highway as I live about 10 miles out of the nearest town.
    not that anyone cares, but in the first 10,000 I have averaged more than 19 MPG overall.
    see here">
  • lfty7lfty7 Member Posts: 1
    I must say I am disappointed in the fuel efficiency of the SRX vs my Seville.
    I traded in a 1996 and it got 18 in town and 22 on the Interstate. I've purchased this Dec 10th and had to leave for Atlanta right away and was very disappointed I only got 16mpg on the way up (565 miles). I stayed for almost 4 months and never got better than 13 in town. I assumed the hilly areas were to blame, but the last two weeks in "flat" old Florida have averaged 15mpg. Is this all I can expect? Anything I can change engine wise to do better? I still have 56 payments to go..... :cry:
    You should expect the SRX to use more fuel than a car does. Your Seville was probably rated around 17 city and 26 highway. The SRX is rated about 2 MPG's less in city driving than the Seville. On the highway the SRX is doing well to get about 20 MPG. Most of my miles are highway with some city as I live outside of the nearby city.
  • dvcdondvcdon Member Posts: 7
    The wifes 04 (V6 AWD) SRX gets about 16 about town and has gotten up to 22 on interstate long distance driving.

It's got about 54,000 miles on it now.

When I drive it I can get a bit over 17 about town. She's a bit quicker than I am I guess. ;)
  • kmesitakmesita Member Posts: 2
    Is your mileage any better now? I have a 2008 V8 and I'm getting about 10.3 city there is a little over 3,000 miles on it.
  • cstrw01cstrw01 Member Posts: 1
    My 04 (V8AWD) is getting between 6 and 9 in the city and 11 on the highway...
  • deweydrugdeweydrug Member Posts: 2
    I've been shopping for a 07 or 08 SRX, but after reading these posts about the mileage, I think I'll go ahead and buy that Avalanche I REALLY want. The mileage is better, even though it weighs a whole lot more.
    What's wrong with this picture?
    This summer I am getting about 20 MPG with my 2007 V8 SRX. But what anyone gets depends on how they drive. If you can get an Avalanche Hybrid (not sure that is possible), then it might do better.
  • doczaggiedoczaggie Member Posts: 1
    Prior to buying my 04 V8 AWD SRX I did a lot of research on mpg. I expected a high of 18-20 highway and maybe 15 city. I have had it for 2.5 months, it had 46,000 miles on it. I have been experimenting with different octane, different stations and different speeds.

Well to my pleasant surprise I have achieved the following on 2-3 hr drives to LA using the cruse and around town:

with 87 and 89 octane

68-71 mph 25-26.5 mpg

79 - over 80 mph 19.5-20.4 mpg

city speeds 17.4-18.9 mpg

I will admit the first time I was a non believer so I cleared the average mpg in the computer and ran the test a few more times with the same results. Interesting enough I've gotten up to 28-30 mpg (yes no kidding) relative flat with cruse and outside temp in mid 70's. Shocking I know.

2004 SRX V8 AWD 48,600 miles
  • gm_bigotgm_bigot Member Posts: 20
    My wife has a 2010 SRX with 8K miles on it. She has been averaging 20 MPG in local driving. On a recent trip from Raleigh to Charlotte and back, we averaged 24 MPG with the cruise set at 70 MPH. Not bad.
This discussion has been closed.