Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V AC Compressor Problems

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    " I'm so glad this class action suit has finally begun. "

Hmmm, not quite. Someone is planning on contacting a lawyer.

Another poster has already contacted a lawyer, who indicated that this had a poor chance of success as a class action case.

As I said before, I suspect Honda had VERY good lawyers writing it's warranty clauses, and an A/C is not normally considered a safety item. I don't recall anyone mentioning engine or transmission damage when the compressor blew.

Good luck with the process, hopefully something will come out of it. But I wouldn't get any hopes up until some concrete results are obtained.
    "... and then I asked ok so then you WILL warrant me that the Dealer will replace this compressor with a newer non defective model ... She then said NO it would be replaced with a "Fixed" part .... I mean is what Honda doing even LEGAL "

Are you sure she didn't say "rebuilt" part? Rebuilding parts is an accepted practice in the automotive industry for parts that are no longer produced. Rebuilt is NOT used, it is re-manufactured. And yes, it is legal - otherwise no one would be able to get parts for older cars. The repair invoice should indicate that a rebuilt part was used, or at least NOT say that a new part was installed when in fact a rebuilt part was installed. THAT would be fraud, especially if there was a difference in price between new and rebuilt.

Someone mentioned that the 2002 -2004 years have reduced reliability (I think in CR magazine). I suspect that Honda redesigned the compressor unit for 2005 and later, and the newer design required changes to the engine compartment, so that previous years would not work with the newer compressor design. That is not to say that Honda hasn't specified better metal in the rebuilt compressors...

Or perhaps the manufacturer of the old compressor design went out of business (for obvious reasons) and Honda was forced to go to a different manufacturer - and rebuild parts for 2002-2004 compressor replacements.

Regardless of WHY the compressors are failing, it is a shame that this is happening. I tend to believe Honda CANNOT put a newer compressor in the failed CR-Vs, or they would have done it.

Wow, the first three years of the Gen 2 CR-V were pretty rough, what with dozens of them bursting into flames, and now the A/C issues.
  • deathchargedeathcharge Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the welcome. My Cr V 2003 has 60800 miles on it. And my boss who was the previous owner did take care of it. It was his " Going out with the family car" . His work car is a BMW. What is ironic is that we discussed me buying a car for almost 3 months and after checking online and my price range I decided to make him an offer for it. Seeing as I have now 2 children and I should think of the family first. I did all the regular checks and nowhere I ever saw this "compressor" issue posted online. The car was working excellent for the 2 weeks i had it but the A/C sometimes took a while to cool off. Being as this is FL I overlooked it but went online and checked A/C on Honda's CRV . That's when I found this website. I am thanking God for it now. As the "Manager" told me that it was without warranty. And here I am thinking .. "A defective manufacturer's product out of warranty?" I though buying another type of car would be a bad experience ... but that shows that even on "Brand" names you can get a less than excellent experience. My case manager seems to be very busy as I have not heard from her in the past 2 days. Ohh and apparently Honda rep don't have e-mail addresses so the only way you can contact them is by playing phone tag. I will let you all know what comes up after this week.
  • rmerrittrmerritt Member Posts: 1
    I just had my compressor go out. I took it to my local mechanic and he said it would be around 1900... Then called Honda dealership where I purchased it and they quoated me close to 3000. No way can I pay this... I am not happy. Any suggestions as to what to do? When I mentioned that I had heard there were problems, they danced around the issue and told me that they were extending the warranties, not fixing them. HELP!
  • ajf27ajf27 Member Posts: 18
    You will have to continue to call Honda. A rep was supposed to call me within 24 hours. I had to call her 3 times and I finally got a hold of her on day three. They are not that busy, they choose to avoid this issue. Please refer to posts 864 and 865 for advice on speaking to Honda. Unfortunately it is a "game" with them and it's better to go into this prepared on what to say. GOOD LUCK!!
  • samyomsamyom Member Posts: 1
    Honda dealership was not honest! My A/C was dead with metal particles in compressor. Dealership gave me a quote over $2200 without say anything. I asked local mechanics to fixe my A/C. He charged over $1100, but the A/C blown out two times with same issues. He told me to drive out to dealership and ask about it. The honest mechanics refund over $1100 saying that that there are many defective A/C of Honda CRV. I am happy to find this forum. It was painful not to have A/C in Texas for weather over 100 degrees.

Does any one know how to resolve this issue? I will be appreciated in advance.

Sam Y.
    Call American Honda at 800-999-1009 and request to open a case. Explain your situation and explain that you are looking for some financial assistance with this repair. They will say that someone will call you back within 24 hours. (Make sure you ask for your caseworkers name AND your case number and WRITE IT DOWN. They will not just offer this information but you will need it.) Usually, Honda doesn't call back within the time frame they say, and you will have to call them back until you get a hold of your caseworker. Be persistent. It is in your best interest to read as much of this forum as possible for advice before calling. GOOD LUCK!
  • moviefaanmoviefaan Member Posts: 2
    The compressor on my 2005 CRV blew up last Friday the 8th. It had 62000 miles and was well out of warranty. I called American Honda and started a case. They told me that I had to take it to a dealer to diagnose and get an estimate. The Honda dealer then called American Honda on my behalf. The best that they would do for me is cover the parts but not the labor. I just got it back Thursday. It cost me 400 dollars out of my pocket. They also gave me a 3 year 36000 mile warranty on the AC system. I didn't think that it was right that I should have to pay anything but I really needed my car back so I took what I could get. I am still going to keep complaining to American Honda about my out of pocket expense. I doubt that it will get me anywhere but it's worth a shot. It's all seems to be a game to Honda.
  • aedlaedl Member Posts: 4
    This is a follow up post to my original post (#768). Basically, I got the standard response from Honda America which stated that:
    1) internet forums/research are not considered reliable. They will not base any decisions on such info because it did not come from Honda America.
    2) the 25% assistance offered is the max they will honor. No explanation other than my mileage (although this is the 2nd a/c that blew up). My out of pocket would be about $1900. Money we dont have...and shouldnt have to pay considering the situation.
    3) It is all considered a "goodwill" gesture. When I asked why some are being paid at 100% and others none, he kept to the script and said it is all a decision by the district managers.
    4) I informed him we live in TX, have had the hottest summer on record in the last 80 years, we have 2 small kids and this is the 2nd compressor to fail. Unless he could offer me additional coverage, we would never buy another Honda. He apologized and said that he could not do anything else for us.
    Hopefully there will be a class action, but this may force us to buy another car which would be a serious financial burden on our family...not to mention negatively affect our trade-in/resale value.
  • xtina16405xtina16405 Member Posts: 2
    Well, I have a feeling the 4th a/c compressor will be installed in this car this week. Saturday, I heard a knocking noise on the passenger side, while the car was idle, and the a/c stopped blowing cold air. As soon as I am driving, cold air. Stop again, knocking noise and no cold air. I have owned the 2003 Honda CRV for 5 years now. I had to replace the 1st compressor at 60,000; the second compressor at 120000 and now the third one (only 6,000 miles driven) since the second one was replaced. This will be #4. I love my Honda CRV . . . everything else is great, but the a/c issue. I hope the newer versions have a better system. Sadly . . . . . I will never buy another CRV or Honda because of this!!! :(
    "and now the third one (only 6,000 miles driven) since the second one was replaced. This will be #4."

There should be some kind of warranty on that third one, and Honda should replace it for free.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    The compressor on my 2005 CRV blew up last Friday the 8th. It had 62000 miles and was well out of warranty. I called American Honda and started a case. They told me that I had to take it to a dealer to diagnose and get an estimate. The Honda dealer then called American Honda on my behalf. The best that they would do for me is cover the parts but not the labor. I just got it back Thursday. It cost me 400 dollars out of my pocket. They also gave me a 3 year 36000 mile warranty on the AC system. I didn't think that it was right that I should have to pay anything but I really needed my car back so I took what I could get. I am still going to keep complaining to American Honda about my out of pocket expense. I doubt that it will get me anywhere but it's worth a shot. It's all seems to be a game to Honda.

I don't think paying $400 to replace the whole system is a bad deal. For some reason people think that they are entiteled to lifetime parts and labor. Don't complain and ruin it for everyone else.

What is the first letter/digit of your VIN number?
  • bedilbedil Member Posts: 11
    $400 is well worth the 3 year 36000 warranty! :)
  • moviefaanmoviefaan Member Posts: 2
    blueiedgod,

I'm not sure what post that you are reading but I've never said anything about getting lifetime free parts and labor. I'm stating that Honda should own up to the fact that the compressors in these vehicles are faulty and stop playing the games. An AC system is not a wear and tear item like other parts of a car. It shouldn't be going out this soon on this many vehicles.
  • nospammailevernospammailever Member Posts: 2
    My compressor went out three weeks ago. I went to my mechanic who told me that he could replace it for $900.00. I went online to see if I could buy a compressor OEM and lo and behold the Edmunds forum was right there for me to read. After reading it I contacted Honda and opened a case number. I was told to bring the car to the dealer for a diagnostic check which cost me $100.00. The Asst. service manager told me that it was an electrical problem. I told him it was the compressor and he held the car over for another day for more "diagnostics". The next day I was told that it was indeed the compressor.
    I own 2 Accords (both 2000) both needed transmission work which Honda paid for since they had a recall, 1 Civic(2004) and the CRV(2003). Plus two friends of mine bought an Accord(2007) and Element(2003) on my reccomendation. Honda called me and told me that they would cover the parts and I would pay for the labor ($400.00) Since I was in the middle of getting married I didn't put up a fight and agreed to it. My car was in the shop for two days and the A/C is now working. For how long I don't know. My plan is to keep it for the winter and trade it in for a Hyundai in the spring.
    Honda called me back and I told them that I shouldn't have had to pay anything since it was a manufacturers defect. The guy told me that since it was out of warranty it wouldn't be fair to those who bought an extended warranty for Honda to eat all of the cost. I told him no matter if I had an extended warranty or not this part would have failed since it was defective to begin with. I did get him to give me few vouchers for services to make up for the $100.00 that I spent on the diagnostic.
    I'm sorry to say that my Honda days are over. Many of my friends have Hyundai's and they like the price of the vehicle plus the extras they throw in. The seven year 100,000 mile warranty would have saved me grief and money as well. Honda, if you are reading this remember brand loyalty is a two way street. There are other well built cost effective cars on the market. In this case you guys are Penny wise Pound foolish.
  • madams1madams1 Member Posts: 101
    Just curious as to how many miles you have on your 2003. Lucky that yours did not explode like most of the others. It is interesting that Honda is covering the cost of a compressor that just fails vs one that explodes and ruins the whole system.

How much did you end up paying, just the 100.00 diagnostic?
  • sacramentoannesacramentoanne Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. My mechanic of 15 years just called and said our leased 42000mile 2004 Honda CRV needs a new compressor & something else totalling over $2000 to fix the AC that went out. I called Honda America 800-999-1009 and got a case number and called the local (Sacramento) Honda service center. The service manager is off today but the service advisor on the phone was great and I have an appointment to bring the car in to check it out. I'll let you know what happens to my case. It would ruin my faith in Honda if I got stuck with a huge bill on such a low mileage repair. We we planning on buying the car at the end of the lease in December but what I just read from other posts worries me.
  • maggiemo3maggiemo3 Member Posts: 5
    I guess I am in "good company". I use that term sarcastically of course. I just bought my 2005 Honda CRV used in March. I had the exact same experience as I am reading. Sounded like someone threw a fork in my engine, air started blowing hot. I read up on this and took it the local Honda dealership. $3060 to fix. They called and now with a goodwill credit, i will only be responsible for $300 "deductible". I am still disappointed as since it is not wear and tear I dont understand why I should have to pay anything. It is my first Honda and will be my last at this rate.

Question: could I jeopardize the Honda goodwill offer if I call Honda on my own and request further consideration. The dealer is making it sound like I should be thrilled and pushing me to get it in "right away". They were great and did all the legwork for me but do not seem to encourage further effor. Like I enjoy 100 degree Texas weather with no air in my only transportation. I'm not sure if I should just suck it up and come up with $300 or what. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    No, you will not jeopardize your offer. They have already made you the offer and will not take it away. I was told that I would have to pay $460. I talked them down to $250. It's best to try to fight for as little as you have to pay since NONE of us should be paying ANYTHING for a defective part. Honda is really liking the fact that most people "just suck it up" and take the first offer. They also really enjoy the people who pay the full price without knowing about this forum and/or the defective air compressor. GOOD LUCK!
  • sfsmith4sfsmith4 Member Posts: 3
    I now join the exploding compressor club. Our 04 with 123,700 miles on it started making noise with AC on. My wife called Honda and started a case on it. Honda said to have it diagnosed at dealer and then they can escalate case. We had it diagnosed at Honda dealer and was just as I suspected. His initial quote was $1440 parts and labor. Took car home, called and escalated the case. I needed the car because my wife was having foot surgery the next day. On the drive to the doctors the noise started again, without the AC or defroster even on. Drove it to the dealer after the surgery and left it. They provided a loaner car to get my wife back home, which is 25 miles from the dealer. Just got a call from dealer the bill now has gone to $2880. At no time was the AC or defroster on since initial noise and the service manager said nothing about the possibliity driving the car causing more damage. It will be interesting to see if Honda steps up to help out.
  • adembeckiadembecki Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Hey new to the group. A couple of weeks ago my air went out in my 02 crv. when it went out their was a funny smell. did this happen to yours? Is that one of the signs that my a/c is done for?
  • ykckbyykckby Member Posts: 30
    I'm just curious having followed this thread at what point do owners feel that Honda is not responsible? If you have a car that is 5 or 6 years old, with over 100,000 miles on it - do you feel it is still their responsibility to reimburse?
  • mulkymulky Member Posts: 5
    It seems to me that Honda put some bad compressors on some vehicles. They are trying/Tried to make it right. It also seems like they know which compressors were bad and which were not. With that much knowlege of a problem they should (and have) tried to make it right. It appears that alot of compressors do not have that problem, but still went out. They don't have a responsibility there. But Honda seems to be guarding the information around What makes a compressor replacable, since they probably don't want to\cannot do an all out recall. This is just guessing from reading others expierances and my own..
  • mikey2525mikey2525 Member Posts: 3
    It must be something in the air...I have a 2006 CR-V and the compressor siezed yesterday. Have an appointment with Honda tomorrow. Love to know what your out come was with your dealer. Thanks! :sick:
  • sacramentoannesacramentoanne Member Posts: 2
    Follow-up to my AC repair. My local Honda dealer Mel Rapton fixed the AC and replaced the system yesterday including belts & hoses and I paid 10%, $251.54 (plus $103. to my own mechanic for dagnosis the day before). The bill says Honda pays 90% one time goodwill. They gave me 12 mo/12K mile warranty - I asked about the 36/36 I saw on the blog here - they didn't offer it. This was my only experience with a Honda Dealer and the service staff from the guy on the phone to the ladies at the cashier stand showed genuine concern and interest in my problem and were friendly and efficient. I was armed to do battle and was really worried about a $2000+ bill that didn't fit into my budget. They also detailed the exterior of the CRV for free. It's never looked cleaner. It ended a lot better than I expected and I'm glad I bothered to get on the computer to research this before I paid $2000. to my mechanic. I stopped by my mechanic's and gave him the 800-999-1009 for his other customers who have had the same problem. I wouldn't hesitate to send someone to this Honda dealer for service in the future. :)
    I agree with you after scanning thru these posts from the beginning. To me that is the only explanation to denying any assistance, is they know which compressors are bad based on the VIN number/date of manufacture. If they are willing to provide assistance to compressors that simply go out, they have to know which ones are bad.
  • cmengvcmengv Member Posts: 3
    Add me to the list of ac compression failures. Luckly i found out about this posting before purchasing parts to fix my 02 CR-V w/ 70k miles. However, i called my local honda dealership and they say that the goodwill warranty doesn't exsist, I then called Honda of America and i recieved the same answer from them. What do I do?? Is everyone on this forum getting compensated but me? I am not getting the same service from Honda. I will call up every dealership within a 50 mile radius of here and get some answers. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this posting it is very informative. Any pointers at this point is appreciated.
    Follow up on my experience. I called another Honda dealership and the service rep said Honda was offering a compensation program and had me take in my car. After taking it in he said that Honda would cover all the parts ($1500) and I would have to pay for labor ($501) plus the $104 diagnostics. Almost $605 down the pipes, and before school starts too!!! I have no time to call Honda to negociate because they close weekends, and I start school Monday. The only positive experiene out of this is that the people at Honda North, Fresno were great and honest. This is my second Honda, and was looking forward to purchasing a S2000 by next year, however the expereince with the CR-V and the Honda rep at Honda America is having me look into other alternatives. One more thing I HAVE to mention is that the rep at Honda America checked my vin and said there there are no recalls issued, however after checking with Honda North, they said there was a recall on the interlock.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    however the expereince (sic) with the CR-V and the Honda rep at Honda America is having me look into other alternatives.

I hope all those who post that they are through with Honda (even when Honda paid all or most of the repair on an out of warranty vehicle) post back their experiences with the next vehicle they purchase.

Besides the fact that it will most likely be less reliable than the Honda they replaced, from what I read other manufacturers aren't so generous with their goodwill. And since they have more things that go wrong, you lose twice.

I'll be waiting to hear.
    The seven year 100,000 mile warranty would have saved me grief and money as well.

The 7 year/100,000 mile warranty from Hyundai does not cover A/C. It covers a very limited list of components that are almost never fail.

It is great gimmik to get you to buy one, but if you read the fine print it is not even woth the paper it is printed on.
    blueiedgod,

I'm not sure what post that you are reading but I've never said anything about getting lifetime free parts and labor. I'm stating that Honda should own up to the fact that the compressors in these vehicles are faulty and stop playing the games. An AC system is not a wear and tear item like other parts of a car. It shouldn't be going out this soon on this many vehicles.

How long outside of warranty do you think Honda is liable for the defects?

How many companies are out there that provide any kind of service after warranty expires?

This is not addressed to you, but a general comment.

The coverage will depend on your proven loyalty to Honda and the approach. If someone calls in angry and starts demanding coverage, they are going to be denied coverage, because in Honda's view, giving coverage to those people will equal to admission of liability. Honda does not have to cover anything outside of warranty. Zip, Zilch, Nada.

If they do it, they do it out of good will. And they want to know that they are retaining customers, why would they pay out for this and then people still jump ship. Someone who has owned Honda products before is a proven loyal customer, rather than "one hit wonders."

Just my $0.02
  • bedilbedil Member Posts: 11
    I have to admit I would be afraid to stray away from Hondas and Acuras. My CRV is the only Honda I have ever had any problems with. I have had to replace my tires 3 times by the time I had 40,000 miles on it along with having to replace the air conditioner which Honda covered. This is the first Honda that has shown wear. The fabric on the back door panels started falling off soon after I purchased the car. I had it fixed at the time but is falling off again to the point it's almost all the way off and the finish on the steering wheel is peeling off. But I still love it and no matter what I will remain a diehard Honda gal! ;)
  • homer007homer007 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, my 2002 Honda CRV AC Compressor exploded. Has anybody started a Class Action suit for this? I guess somebody has to lose their life before any recall? I am glad I was not injured by this incident.
    Look back about 20 posts or so. Someone investigated this subject. Basically what you have to do is take it to a honda dealer and pay the diagnostic charge to let them tell you what you already know, then either you or the dealer call honda america corporate and open a case. From reading thru these posts you will get any where from zero assistance to almost total costs depending on the age and mileage of the vehicle and loyalty to Honda brand.
    I posted last week that my dealership had called Honda and Honda offered to pay all but $300 "deductible". I then called American Honda. They assigned me a case manager and I called 3 days later and was basically told that I should appreciate the fact I am not paying the full $3000. Told them as 1st time Honda owner very disappointed that they know there is an issue with the compressor and have not addressed and still leaving the consumer holding the bag. He sd would document, yada, yada, yada. Hv been w/out air in Texas heat and am going to just suck it up. Anyway thats how my story ends...unless of course I hear about someone filing that class action lawsuit! Good luck to all.
  • sfsmith4sfsmith4 Member Posts: 3
    Ryan from Honda corporate called two days later. I explained the circumstances and he was very understanding and asked what I like to see happen. I told him I'd pay the labor part of initial bill....about $700-800. He said he would call the local dealer and see what he could do. I just picked up the car and paid $700. I have to say Honda was very understanding and MUST realize there is a problem with their AC system. They certainly stepped up to the plate for me. As a side note, the local service person presented it as "Look what I was able to do for you." It's funny because he typed on the bill, "Ryan from Honda called and told them to charge me only $700."
    Here's what they replaced: compressor, clutch set, coil set, solenoid, condenser, valve expansion, evaporator, and compressor belt. They cleaned lines(hope they got all the shards) and evac/recharged the system.
    I'm satisfied with the outcome. Honda has kept a loyal customer (four cars and four bikes in 42 years ) in their ownership sphere.
    My statement of lookng into other alternatives does not neccessarly mean that I will not purchase another Honda again, it just means I will widen my options, ie. mx-5, rx-8, solstice, etc. I was just upset at the fact that the Honda rep failed to inform me of a manufacture recall and denied me compensation (I did not call in upset). However, if I do chose to go with another manufacture I will certainly update this post.
    "The 7 year/100,000 mile warranty from Hyundai does not cover A/C. It covers a very limited list of components that are almost never fail. "

I am not familiar with the Hyundai warranties, but the HONDA extended warranty does indeed cover the A/C compressor. My father in law had the compressor go out at 65K miles after 6 years, and he didn't pay a cent - the HondaCare warranty covered everything.

I would advise against buying anything except a genuine HondaCare warranty. The 3rd party warranties are no good at all, IMHO.
    " I guess somebody has to lose their life before any recall? "

Lose their life? The "explosion" is confined to the A/C system and does not affect vehicle safety...
    "'I posted last week that my dealership had called Honda and Honda offered to pay all but $300 "deductible". I then called American Honda. They assigned me a case manager and I called 3 days later and was basically told that I should appreciate the fact I am not paying the full $3000. Told them as 1st time Honda owner very disappointed that they know there is an issue with the compressor and have not addressed and still leaving the consumer holding the bag. He sd would document, yada, yada, yada. Hv been w/out air in Texas heat and am going to just suck it up. Anyway thats how my story ends...unless of course I hear about someone filing that class action lawsuit! Good luck to all. "

Let me get this straight. You have been offered a deal to pay only $300 out of a $2500 repair bill, and you are unwilling to take it, and would rather suffer in Texas heat?
  • lisatincalisatinca Member Posts: 7
    My a/c failed last week at 67k. Dealer just called to say the condensor imploded on itself. The estimate of repair is $1560. I was advised to contact Am Honda and I did open a case with their Goodwill Assistance. It will be interesting to see what happens after reading this post. I am a long term Honda owner and currently own 3 others models besides the CRV. I have never experienced a problem like this.
    "Let me get this straight. You have been offered a deal to pay only $300 out of a $2500 repair bill, and you are unwilling to take it, and would rather suffer in Texas heat? "

If you had read my prior post, i said I was going to suck it up and pay the $300. Luckily the majority of these posts are very helpful...not irrelevant, uninformed comments. Just curious, do you have any relevant information to share?
    Of course she is unwilling to take it!! NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR A FAULTY PART TO BE REPAIRED. If it was "wear and tear" and a random problem, most of us would not fight it at all. It is obvious from 2 years and almost 1,000 posts on this forum that HONDA CR-Vs HAVE FAULTY AIR COMPRESSORS. I am still stewing over the fact that I had to pay $250 when some people got the whole repaired covered at no cost.
    I can't believe they still charged you $700!! You should've fought for more. When my '04 CR-V air compressor went out, I only paid $250. This is my first Honda. According to Honda's "philosophy" and method of handing out assistance, if you have owned 4 cars and 4 bikes (all of which are Hondas), you should've gotten your repair for free. Other long-time Honda owners have. Interesting....
    "If you had read my prior post, i said I was going to suck it up and pay the $300. Luckily the majority of these posts are very helpful...not irrelevant, uninformed comments. Just curious, do you have any relevant information to share? "

Sorry I missed it, there was no link to the prior post, so I thought this was a stand alone post. I had read all previous posts, but there have been so many people reporting compressor issues that unless there are links I don't try and go back to previous posts by a person. There is too much divergent info in this forum.

RE: Information. I think that people are interested in what others are paying and the choices they are making. Therefore my comment was relevent in my opinion. You can check my profile if you want to see what "relevant" information I have provided over the years.

I consider the Forums to be a community, which includes personalities... I suppose you may disagree, but that is part of one's personality as well.
    Am Honda phoned the dealer that diagnosed my a/c failure and they are offering a one time only good faith replacment at 100%. Folks, do not settle for anything less then 100%. The dealer is getting paid either way. If they are charging you something then they are probably double dipping because they are getting paid by Am Honda too. The dealers are franchises. They are in it to make money so why not take from Am Honda and their customer. More $$$ in their pocket.
    Congratulations. This forum has been great information. However in my case, Am Honda is sticking by their goodwill to cover all but $300. I guess that is how the case by case goes. I handled my conversations professionally and tried to appeal to them to no avail. My family owns Hondas and I let them know as a first time Honda owner, I am disappointed at how arbitrarily they seem to be handling this issue. My car is at the dealership today getting repaired. If anyone has any further suggestions prior to 5 pm when I just have to write that $300 check. Thanks to all as until I read this forum, I would have been struggling to come up with $3000. Good luck to all.
    I really don't understand how AH decides. Even the dealer I went to was surprised at how quickly they responded and that they are paying 100%. The dealer thought that it might be because AH can see our history records of owning only Hondas for the past 20 years. I currently own 3 others. I don't know if that is true or if it is who you speak with about Goodwill Assistance. I do know the first 2 gentlemen I spoke with were not very helpful, but when I finally reached a woman she was much more sympathetic and seemed more interested in helping me. I'm amazed at the varying degrees of cost for the repair. I was told $1500 and your estimate is double that. What is the mileage on your CRV? I wonder if that has something to do with the payout. Good luck.
    My CRV has 44,000 miles on it. I will probably write a letter to Am Honda and let it go. The local dealership has been great so can't complain to that end.
  • gggippgggipp Member Posts: 1
    We are experiencing an "AC Compressor Explosion" in Florida. 2004 CRV. I am interested in how to contact Honda America "Goodwill Assitance". Does anyone have the shortcut info?

Thank you in advance,

Toasty in Florida!