Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon Limited vs Lexus ES 350

Comments

• neutron1neutron1 Member Posts: 7
    I do not know at this point what the Avalon has for a timing device. The Lexus ES-350 for 2007 went to a chain instead of the belt, so for major maintenence this should help the overall cost and extend the changing of this item
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    "I do not know at this point what the Avalon has for a timing device"

It's the same engine. All 3.5's use a chain.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    did have an opportunity to drive the new ES, the Avalon/Camry V6 sure does transform the car into something that it never has been - quick. It is, however, Avalon XLS/Ltd soft - much more so than the Av Touring or Camry XLE/SE. Not that this is bad, but it does skew that age demographic. The ES is really a luxoed Camry; the Avalon, primarily because of its size, more relative to the LS at a $25k savings. The 'L' premium for the ES, $15k over that Camry XLE. Will folks cross shop the Avalon and ES, sure - but if those potential ES buyers prefer the smaller car they also need to look at the 'full boat' Camrys.

Toyota and Lexus have never really had an engine that would compete with the Nissan VQ that appears in multiple Nissan/Infinti vehicles, or the Honda/Acura V6. Until now, of course - and it may prove to be the best engine of them all as it continues to find its way into multiple Toyota/Lexus products!
    And yes, the 2GR Toyota engines are all chain driven cams, use multiple injectors (per cylinder), and have continuous variable valve timings on both the intake and exhaust sides - this is where all the power (and efficiency) comes from. A real departure from those belt driven 3 and 3.3 liter engines of the past.
  • ocimocim Member Posts: 45
    I think what 'gohawaiian' was trying to say is that Lexus has figured out that there is a certain price premium (obviously through market studies) that buyers are willing to pay for a Lexus badge, at least in the US. These buyers don't necessarily have to be wealthy, nor misinformed; They simply want the Lexus badge and ES350 is the lowest cost of entry into the perceived elite group. After all, keeping up with the Jones' is still a favorite pastime of many, if not all. The fact is both cars are very good, and they represent decent value in their respective segments. They both share the same engine, they are both very quiet. Lexus offers slightly nicer furniture while Avalon offers a lot more room since it rides on a longer wheelbase. From a purely engineering perspective, Toyota's actual production costs is very similar for both models. In other words, Lexus is not selling for more money because it costs more to build. Therefore, the per unit profit margin on a Lexus is higher. As long as you recognize that fact and still want to purchase a Lexus that is your decision and I applaud you for it.
  • gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    Might be helpful (& interesting) to quantify the approximate OTD additional amount one will likely pay for an ES 350 with the Premium Plus package over the OTD cost of the Avalon Limited model (omitting tax, license, doc fees & any other similar local add-on charges). For example, my OTD price for a 2005 Avalon Limited, including VSC and Laser Cruise Control options, was $29.3K. Neither the Avalon nor the ES 350 includes Laser Cruise Control as standard equipment, but the Lexus does include VSC as standard equipment - so to make this an apples-to-apples comparison, I think it's reasonable to estimate that I would likely have paid approx. $29K for my car without the Laser Cruise Control (and before tax, license, etc.)
    Can anyone supply comparable OTD numbers for recent purchase of an Avalon Limited or ES 350 with the Premium Plus package, that will quantify how wide the gap is between these comparably equipped cars? (It's true that the Avalon Ltd. has HID headlights as standard equipment, but the ES 350 comes with Bluetooth, power tilt & telescope column, etc. - so let's call these fairly minor equipment differences basically a "wash" cost-wise.) If you have Nav, break out the additional OTD cost for that option, so people can compare apples-to-apples, as much as possible. I'd be curious to learn whether the OTD gap is around $5K or, in fact, significantly more than that.
  • dandydon2dandydon2 Member Posts: 77
    Hi GoHawaiian,
    In answer to your question, here are the figures I used last May when I was down to choosing between the 2006 Avalon Limited and 2007 Lexus ES 350. Both had nav and similar equipment. Since I had previously bought a Lexus from this dealer, he offered me a $2K discount even before they hit the showrooms that following week. Even so, I went for the Avalon and haven't regretted it since. The $5K savings didn't hurt, either. Incidentally, both dealers are in Oregon.

Dandydon

COST COMPARISON
    2006 Avalon Limited MSRP $37,294
    Avalon Invoice $33,247
    Profit over invoice $300
    Avalon Cost $33,547

2007 Lexus ES350 MSRP $40,749
    Discount ($2,000)
    Lexus Cost $38,749

Net Savings With Avalon $5,202
    That's a great comparison, since you had figures for both cars, and was right in line with my $5K "guess-timate". I wonder if other buyers will report finding an even wider price gap between these two models. I think it's quite helpful to quantify the price gap, because when buyers ask themselves "Am I getting my money's worth for the extra cost?" (which is certainly a subjective question) they should know exactly what that extra cost is.
    Pat, your level of Political Correctness is impressive.

Dandydon
  • jimpaljimpal Member Posts: 3
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned when comparing the 2 is that the Avalon is built in Kentucky while the ES is built in Japan. At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, IMO the Japan-built cars are of better quality with fewer defects.

I bought an 05 Avalon in Feb05 and have had nothing but trouble with it. So much so that I am going to look at a new ES this weekend.

This car is in fact one of the biggest lemons I've ever had. Considering my previous cars were MB E320, MB C280 and a 95 Corvette that's really saying something.

Since I've had it it has had a new axle, a new steering column, new Rear strut and now the sunroof is rattling like crazy.

So if you ask me the extra $5K is well worth it to get a good quality vehicle.
  • kbromankbroman Member Posts: 2
    Okay, having read all the comments I must agree the Lexus is a better car than the Avalon Limited. I have owned four Avalons ..twenty one Toyota's. The reason I bought another Avalon is SERVICE..it is unbeatable by anyones standards at my dealership in Maryland . Both cars are great, each will give you satisfaction, both have same problems, the price is about the same. The major problem as I see it is once Toyota began building in USA the quality control has dropped significantly. The last great Toyota I owned was the 1991 Cressida. However I will continue buying from my Toyota dealership...Because the care about me.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Hello:
    I have read several posts regarding the issue of Avalon vs Lexus.
    I don't expect anyone to agree, just our own observations.

First we drove many hours to drive a lexus ES-350 with the premium package and all the bells and whistles. What a waste of time, the car was noisy and rough riding, yes it was pretty, but practical NO, it was difficult getting in and out of it, almost needed a shoe-horn so to speak. True we are not young, but certainly want a vehicle we be comfortable in.
    Now for the final conclusion: we own an Avalon, my opinion only, we would not trade our Avalon for a new lexus, which is to say the Avalon is superior to a ES-350 sedan. Saying nothing of the savings $$$$

For those people who want the lexus Badge, all the more power to them. I hope you enjoy the vehicle, but I wonder if they considered the Avalon prior to purchasing.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I have them both and both are two distinctively different vehicles with the Avalon being much like the 430; I don't believe they were meant to "compete" with one another. The Avalon has a very comfortable, almost squishy ride, and the 350 has a tighter suspension therefore not as floaty feeling. The Avalon is huge and you almost feel lost in it; I like them both. Both have positives and negatives and it's up to the consumer to decide which fits his comfort level and checkbook!
  • bahraini_zuprabahraini_zupra Member Posts: 98
    In my opinion the avalon looks much much better than the ES inside and outside , but the only thing i like in the ES is the bluetooth + Ipod AUX and the front headlight !
    Otherwise its fugly ! iam 21 years old and would never trade my avvy to the ladys car !
  • dreyfusdreyfus Member Posts: 24
    Wow! I'm 49 and wouldn't be caught dead in an Avalon as it looks too much like a grandpamobile (my teenagers concur). I think the ES350 is so much more sporty & sexy.

It just goes to show you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's good we live in a time and place of choices instead of all having to buy the same black sedan.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    You think a front wheel drive Luxury barge is sexy, and sporty?
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Well I'll give you that the ES 350 isn't really sporty by any means, but it's not as if the Avalon is necessarily any sportier than the ES just because it's RWD (I'll assume your comment was concerning the sportiness of the ES vs. Avalon since after all, this thread is regarding Avalon vs. ES 350 comparo).
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    it's not as if the Avalon is necessarily any sportier than the ES just because it's RWD

Avalon is RWD? You are incorrect.
  • rogerdougcanrogerdougcan Member Posts: 12
    Last week I purchased my second Avalon, a 2007 XLS with Navi and upgraded stereo. My previous Avalon was a 2000 XLS with all available options, except Navi. So far, I have not noticed significant differences between the two cars, except for the engine, which is more powerful but also quieter in the '07 version. The trunk seems a bit smaller in the '07, but I appreciate the practicality of a full-sized spare on an alloy wheel, which takes up some of the trunk space. I like the reclining back seats and flat back floor, which was a key feature for me for family trips with my two offensive lineman sons (just like the 10-hour trip to the inlaws for Christmas). The navigation system takes some time to learn, but once you understand the logic it is OK. I will be adding aftermarket Bluetooth and MP3 capability, but am holding off on the backup camera for now. I have read previous comments about the "floaty" ride, but when you drive on bad Canadian roads all year (potholes, frost heaving, tar strips, etc.), you appreciate the softer ride. I had no problems with traction on snow and ice in the past week (kept tire pressures at 35-37PSI as recommended in another Edmunds forum).

I did check out the ES350, but the Lexus dealer here in Calgary wanted $6,000 more for essentially the same car as what I got in the loaded Avalon XLS. I paid a little extra for a 5-year, 120,000 km extended warranty, but the dealer took $1,000 off as loyalty discount, added 3M treatment, protection package, rubber mats and cargo liner at cost and free oil changes for as long as I own the car, plus I negotiated a sweet deal on my trade-in. After test driving both cars a few times, I agree the ES350 has a sportier ride, slightly classier interior and looks like an Avalon on Jenny Craig, but the "L" badge wasn't worth $6,000 to me.

Anyone know of good internet sites for aftermarket Bluetooth and MP3 packages for the '07 Avalon?

Also, is the moon roof deflector worth it? I haven't tried one before and an debating its practicality.

BTW, the rubber mats are essential for drivers in snowy regions to keep the carpet clean.
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Hi Roger , I have enjoy reading your post it answers many of my questions . I am leaning to get the 2007 Avalon Limited my main reason is the driver cushion extension that is only offer in the Ltd.
    Instead of children we have some big dogs and they always travel with us , I was wondering if the rear bench seat is removable , this I probably need to ask the service manager. If this is possible it will save money from buying an SUV.
    BTW what color is your Avalon ?
    Lou
    Hello Lou,
    I have a 2006 Limited and haul our Airdale/Lab around in the back seat on every drive. I made a 1/2" plywood platform that extends the width of the seat and covers it to within a couple of inches from the front seat backs. I put two hinged legs on the front ends for support and place two large, rolled-up towels under the platform at the rear edge to even the seat out. Covered the whole thing with a rug remnant from Home Depot and it works like a charm for taking Hank on our drives. To protect the upholstery, I drape an old cloth over the seat back and bottom.

Actually, I made this platform four cars ago and just keep modifying it as necessary to fit each new one. Give it a shot.

Dandydon
    P.S. My blue Avalon is car #40 for me and the one I am most satisfied with. Beats out the LS 330 I had before it.
    Thanks Dandydon.
    My thinking was because I have older dogs and found about the Avalon flat rear floor , will be easy in and out . If removing the rear seat is like brain surgery I will try your route.
    Maybe a few screws is all that is needed and will have a large area to accommodate a pair of Shepard / Lab . With the flat floor and no bench seat it would be great.
    Tomorrow I ' ll drop by the dealer and check with the Service Manager and see if it can be done.
    Also will come very handy while transporting rescue dogs .
    I owned a 1998 Avalon great car, till 2003 , so I am ready again for another one.
    Lou
    Hi Lou: The Avalon I purchased is the titanium metallic, with is silver with a slight hint of blue. It is a similar color to the silver 2000 Avalon XLS I had, but a little darker. I have not tried to remove the back seat yet, but I did test out the suspension, shocks and power when I went to the inlaws for Christmas. With my wife, 2 boys and myself, we had over 800 pounds of people on board. With suitcases and Christmas gifts, I figured the total load was close to 1000 pounds. The suspension never bottomed out once and the engine had lots of power for highway passing. In one passing situation, I kept my foot on the pedal too long (oops) and looked down to see the speedometer at 95 mph, with much more left. BTW, I didn't buy the Limited, because that version is not available in Canada, so I missed out on the extended power seat range, laser cruise control and bluetooth. Roger
    Hi again
    In the past 2 or 3 months I have been waiting for the new Tundra. But as of lately specially since reading your post I feel that going the Avalon way is the more sensible way.
    The local dealership has a terrific service department and if I can swing a good price ,sometime this week I also will be driving an Avalon , I would like the Dark Blue with Graphite interior , plus a couple of option , the VSC and maybe the Nav. or XM radio.
    The Nav. option is very expensive so I don't know which way to go.
    Do you have any advice about the Toyota Nav. ??
    Thank for you help .
    Lou
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Lou: i have an 06 Limited with Nav and it is a very user "unfriendly" system compared to those in the Acura TL & Infiniti G35. Read some of the Navigation System Posts--and---go to the dealer and try it. The "joy stick" system is cumbersome. i know if I had it to do again, i'd jsut buy a $700-$800 Garmin! The VSC & XM radio are great options! Good luck!
    Bob
    Thanks Bob , I i'll read the Nav. post and follow up with the dealers.

Lou
  • rpfingstenrpfingsten Member Posts: 154
    Lou...let me tell you that you can't go wrong with either the avalon or the tundra.. I bought the XLS back in sept. and I simply love the car. My first "toyota" but certainly wont be my last.... also, my 23 year old son, just bought a new 2006 Tundra about a month ago. Its his 3rd truck.. he started with a ford, than gmc sierra and now the Tundra....he says no comparison..for him it's toyota from here on out.. so you see, we have both vehicles in our family... love em both.

Roland
    Thanks Roland.
    Lou
    Hi Lou: As the previous posters have stated, the Avalon Nav system is not user friendly (in comparison to the Honda/Acura version) and sometimes directs you to use routes that are not your best or fastest option. I have tried it several times in the past 2 weeks and their suggested routes are often down roads with frequent stop lights, when a faster route option (such as a freeway) is ignored. On the positive side, the system quickly adapts to your new route when you do change to the faster or more efficient route option. Overall, I would give the system a C-, but I would defer to more veteran users. If you like the Avalon, choose one without the Nav system and look to an aftermarket Nav system if you want that option. A more important feature, in my opinion, is Bluetooth for hands-free calling. Check the Bluetooth discussion for suggested aftermarket options. Happy New Year! Roger
    Roger , I have been reading the post about the Toyota Navigation and you are correct about the Nav. profiling . As my health have been failing my wife and I don't travel long distances or strange places anymore. I would rather have the parking sensors and the traction control instead of the Nav. and save the MSRP of $1900.00.
    I would also like the XM Radio , Body side molding ( you would think this would be standard), and maybe larger wheels and tires.
    Do you have an opinion about the larger wheels and tires ?? Size 18"
    Another annoying thing is Toyoguard for $699.00.
    For you and your family a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
    Lou
    Whoops, my bad...dunno what I was thinking. :blush:
    Hi Lou: I think your decision on the Navi in the Avalon is wise, it is not worth the cost. I have never tried either the XM or Sirius radio service, so it is not a big deal for me, even though my XLS is wired for satellite radio. The traction control is a must for me, but I did not get the parking sensors. I did trade in a 2006 Honda Ridgeline for this Avalon, mainly because the Ridgeline was hard to park in the city and hard to see to change lanes. Based on what I have read in other posts, I am leaning towards getting the body side moldings. I kept the regular sized wheels and am not in favor of changing the wheel sizes, unless the vehicle is designed to handle those changes. I did purchase an extended warranty at dealer cost for 5 years and 120,000 kms. Cheers, Roger.
  • bobwileybobwiley Member Posts: 241
    Roger & Lou: I have the XM Radio and love it--NO COMMERCIALS and the choices of music/nesw/weather and sports is awesome! Best of all--I never lose a station!
    Bob
  • wbb56wbb56 Member Posts: 45
    After driving an Avalon for the first time this weekend--I am almost ready to put a deposit on a fully loaded Limited (Nav, Bluetooth, etc..). I've owned and driven a lot of cars over 30 years--and the Avalon is one of the best, if not the best cars I've ever driven. The added bonus of limo-like interior space and a trunk that swallows up 2+ golf bags and push carts make it incredibly practical too.

However, I am intrigued by the new '07 Lexus ES350 and would love to hear more from ES 350 owners about their experience with the car before I make my final decision to purchase. The price of the fully loaded Avalon LImited is $38k+ (before negotiation)--the Lexus ES 350-depending on options--seems close.

Important features for me: Quality, comfort, performance, sound system, interior space, practicality (luggage space/trunk size), value, resale value. My wife drives a Volvo XC-90-so we have a large people hauler if necessary. But I routinely carry lots of "stuff", plus my 14 year old, and my new 5 week old (with huge car seat!), golf clubs, etc..etc.. And have been driving an SUV for years.

I like the looks of both cars--and am driving the '07 ES later this week.

Thanks!
    Dunno if you've already made your decision, but based on your comments I'd say you should go w/ the Avalon--it is a bit more roomier than the ES 350, and price-wise is a relatively-better overall bargain when compared to the ES. The ES has the advantage over the Avalon in regards to some of the features you listed as being important to you, but it seems that interior space is a very important factor to you...hence my suggestion that you go w/ the Avalon.
  • netwonnetwon Member Posts: 53
    Just one note of caution. The Toyota Avalon (all styles/trim levels) cannot be factory equiped with Bluetooth despite having navigation.

Net
  • rpbalerpbale Member Posts: 1
    Funny, I just picked up my new 2007 Avalon Limited with bluetooth installed. I ordered it with bluetooth. The dealer didn't have to do anything to it. It arrived from the port with it installed.
  • airbossairboss Member Posts: 17
    No offense, but according to Toyota, they don't offer Bluetooth. Are you talking about voice activation of the Nav system?
  • wbb56wbb56 Member Posts: 45
    They may say they don't offer it--but if you do a search for vehicles from their website--one of the options you can choose is Bluetooth. Not sure if this a regional thing or not-I'm searching the Southeast region. Could be an option that's installed at the Distribution center. I have spec'd several that include Bluetooth.
  • airbossairboss Member Posts: 17
    Yes, those options are added by SouthEast Toyota distributors.
  • dubldocdubldoc Member Posts: 15
    Both good cars, but size and price seem to be the most important factor to the Grandpa and Luggage crowd. Personally, I dont mind shelling out a few more bucks for a higher ranked brand with better customer service ratings, especially considering resale down the road and a better warranty. And did I mention the 350 is made in Japan while the Avalon is not? Could this be why Consumer Reports listed it as a higher preferance? If a few bucks means that much, try a Kia... ;) If size matters, don't give up your Crown Vic....
  • avalonmikeavalonmike Member Posts: 8
    My wife and I test drove an ES 350 and decided to trade in our Avalon XLS. We have loved it for 2 years but it has been in the shop too many times. Ours has the tranny hesitation and we have been through 2 steering column assemblies (waiting 3 months the first time for an available part. The steering column started clunking again and we decided to get rid of it.

The avalon has far more space in the rear but the ES (prem/plus NAV) was much quieter. I would call it "hushed". It rode smoother through the bumps of Minnesota and the steering was silky smooth. It did cost significantly more. Value $ wise, a good Avalon would be the winner in my mind.

Michael
    Curious to hear other opinions on this: where do you feel that car manufacturers currently draw that important psychological line between cars priced for the average middle class family versus a "more upscale" car with a more upscale price? In other words, at what price point do the manufacturers knowingly "freeze out" the average middle class buyer: $30K, $35K, $40K - higher than that? I think of the Avalon as a solid middle-class family car (like a Buick). Yet a fully equipped Avalon Limited can now sticker close to $40K (as does a Lexus ES 350), whereas a well-equipped Camry would likely still sticker for under $30K. So where would you put that dividing line currently between the middle-class family sedan (think Buick) vs something that is definitely meant to be more "upscale" by comparison? Might be interesting to see if everyone has different views about where that dividing line currently is.
  • sll64sll64 Member Posts: 1
    After a love affair with Toyotas since the 1973 going from my dear Corona station wagon to my all time favorite car, a Cressida, I am sad to say that our Sienna van will probably be our last Toyota. The quality is just not there any more. Nor is the commitment to customer service. Either the Toyota division has ceded customer service to their luxury sibling Lexus or it is no longer a priority. I am shopping for a new car and compared the Avalon to ES 350. Yes, the ES is a little smaller and costs a little more but it has the quality that the Avalon does not. Apparently the past reliablity is also much better for the ES than for the Avalon. I am wondering if Honda will go the way of Toyota and be just another so-so car? I certainly hope not because that my Accord is currently my workhorse car with the best dealer service I've ever experienced.
  • crazymacrazyma Member Posts: 20
    I also carefully compared the Avalon before purchasing my ES last month. I was dissapointed giving up the interior room, but the ES is more than ample. I just found the ES to be supperior in just about every other way. I felt like the Avalon needed to be updated. You couldn't really compare any trim lines other than the Limited, and even there, some areas are a stretch. In driving the Avalon, I felt like the car was heavy. It may be great for cruising, but wasn't much fun at all in traffic. The ES, on the other hand, compromises the two types of driving much better. The interior quality, particularly with regard to the dash, is much better in the ES (just my opinion of course). I found that the interior trim in the Avalon, on the center consol and such, was easily marked by anything (buttons on your shirt, fingernails, etc) and not easily buffed. In the end, I gave up a little size and money (not that much money though (perhaps 3K) and ended up with a car that seems to have more synergy. Good luck.
    One also needs to keep in mind that you can't quite compare the ES 350 directly against the Avalon, given the fact that the Avalon--for lack of a more accurate description--is essentially a "stretched" Camry. Okay, it doesn't quite look like a Camry but other than that, it is pretty much best described as a Camry that's a bit more roomier and longer (both share the same engine and tranny; ES tranny is slightly-different from the one in Camry/Avalon).
  • bigmike2bigmike2 Member Posts: 96
    No, you can't compare the ES 350 to the Avalon. It really compares to the Camry, with whose dimensions and wheelbase it is almost identical. Use the comparator on either the Lexus or Toyota sites.

It does have a better engine, etc.
    I'm not the only one who has noticed this:

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2007/lexus/es_350/preview.html
  • josmarjejosmarje Member Posts: 1
    I have found the car of my dreams. I go to buy it and it has 6 little yellow crayon circles on the hood and trunk. "Yes it recieved hail damage".. Dealer acts like this is no big deal he will just fix it and sell it as new car?? Is this ok? Damage is very minor.. but I always thought hail damage even if repaired meant long term increased risk for rust?? Is this car of my dreams now damaged goods or do I pay for it like it's a new car?? I live in MN in case different states have different laws.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    "It does have a better engine, etc"

The Engine and trans are the exact same models. The only reason that the ES shows 4 more HP is the requirement of premium gas. Put the good stuff in a Camry (or Avalon) and you'll get the 4 HP improvement too.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• crazymacrazyma Member Posts: 20
    I would definitely not pay full price for that. You should run it by your insurance too. The only reason you even saw the car with damage on it is probably because it is an 07 and they don't have time to repair it before th 08's arrive. You should get a significant discount if you buy that, even if they bring it back to perfect. You say he is going to see it as new. Will it show up later in a Carfax report when you go to sell it or trade it in? If it is a new car, it is insured. The dealer has already been or will be paid for the loss of value...don't pay him again! What is so special about this car? Was the "car of your dreams" a limited eddition of 1?
  • mndudemndude Member Posts: 1
    I've test driven both '07 models and am inclined toward getting an '08 Avalon. Although the ES350 seems a bit higher in quality and more fun to drive, I just can't get over its smaller size and a couple other factors -- I get mixed messages when I inquire about the Premium vs. Regular fuel issue (maybe $150 per year additional cost) and the projected maintenance/repair costs (vs. the Avalon). I'm looking forward to the 6-speed tranny also.
    Reactions?