Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Honda CR-V

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    My Honda CRV has 30000 miles and its tires need to be changed. TPMS indicator is getting displayed on the dash board.

Are you sure the TPMS is programmed to indicated tire wear? I am pretty sure TPMS only monitors tire pressure.
  • Options
    sailorboy1sailorboy1 Member Posts: 10
    Just changed ours @ 35k. Went with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas because Costco had them on sale and they have a 65k treadware warranty. TPMS sensors are in the wheels according to the Costco tech. NO problems for the first 25 miles!
  • Options
    eeshwareeshwar Member Posts: 2
    I am seeing the TPMS indicator on the dash board(I see the letters TPMS on the dash board) not the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I need help to understand why TPMS monitor is getting displayed? if there is low tire pressure I would have seen the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

Also, I see some corrosion on my back wheels.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    am seeing the TPMS indicator on the dash board(I see the letters TPMS on the dash board) not the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I need help to understand why TPMS monitor is getting displayed? if there is low tire pressure I would have seen the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I would read the Owner's Manual again. TPMS stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System, not a single mention of tire wear system.

Tire wear is checked by measuring the depth of thread left. Most commonly using a penny, and Lincoln's head as indicator, or with a thread depth tool. If you see wear bars on your tires, then they are done. Wear bars are usually 2/32" piece of rubber between the rows of thread.
  • Options
    tom017tom017 Member Posts: 16
    I'm curious about where the receiver is located on a 2007 CR-V that picks up the key remotes?

I recently replaced my battery in the key when it was getting low and find that the remote works at a better distance from the sides than from front and back.

Anybody know where the receiver is?
  • Options
    tom017tom017 Member Posts: 16
    Yes, the original tires, in my case, WERE pitifully bad. And I stress past tense--WERE. They were the Continental Conti-Trac. They're gone!!

I recently purchased a set of new Goodyear Assurance Touring radials from Sam's Club--what a difference.

Most 17-inch Michelins for the CR-V are around $200 each. The Assurance tires were in the low $100's. If you think the original tires were bad, don't even think of buying the Goodyear Integrity tires. Sure the Integrity's are a cheap price but go out to Google, enter Goodyear Integrity in quotes and read the nightmare reviews on the web about those useless excuse for rubber and you'll see what I mean.

I will tell you with the new tires, the whole personality of the vehicle has changed for the better. It handles great on wet or dry roads. The winter traction was like night and day over the original junk treads. I drove through heavy snow with confidence. I questioned if my 4 wheel drive was working after I put the new tires on. I wasn't spinning and sliding any more.

The road noise that sounded like cheap snow tires is gone. Plus, each tire felt like it was out of round and not balanced right. Everything is running smoothly now. The tires made a difference.
This discussion has been closed.