Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• bsparksbsparks Member Posts: 22
    Has there been any posting of the 2007 CR-V MSRP official or otherwise yet? ;)
  • 330330 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 06 CRV SE black exterrior/black interrior under 8000 miles .
    How much can i expect for trade in New York metro area(Queens/Nassau County)?
    When can i place an order for a 2007 Top of the line model with/without navigation?
    What are the MSRP's .
    I need black leather interior-what exterrior colors available with that?
    How much discount can i expect?
    The 2006 SE list price was 26000$
    (incl.destination charges)i paid 24000$
    Anybody has all or some of the answers?
    Thanks in advance fgor information.
  • tenmactenmac Member Posts: 15
    Ivory leather looks very lux best is saddle brown in my opinion which is free and probably worth as much!
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    Check the local paper to see what there getting for them but I would sell it to a private party then go after the 07. This would get you the best deal on both ends.. Good Luck....>>M
  • mjgirardmjgirard Member Posts: 10
    Got a 2006 CRV in April and as great as it is the tilt wheel is not as good as the ones in my 13 year old Plymouth Voyager and 11 year old Jeep Cherokee. Maybe I can get a retrofit for the gear shift and tilt wheel put in to my 2006 from a donor 2007. Only kidding.

Thanks for the info.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Rob: don't forget, Bob's daughter already owns a CR-V.

Team Honda was here for the launch of the first CR-V, and i suggested they use a torquier engine, perhaps the 2.3l the Accord used at that time.

I was ridiculed and ostracized by almost everyone, yet that's exactly what they did for the 2nd generation. Team Honda even told me they could not do that for under $25 grand, and that was in 1997 dollars! The brand-new 2007 model will cost less than $25 grand!

The point is give your feedback, and maybe Honda will change their minds, decide it is worth it to spend the money, and offer a pricier CR-V with more power (and the upgrades that would have to come with it).

-juice
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Rob: don't forget, Bob's daughter already owns a CR-V.

Oh I know but IIRC, it almost killed him when she bought it!!

:D
    Do you mean when she bought it or when she went to get the first oil change? ;)

-juice

PS The timing coincided with the engines fires that resulted from sticking gaskets, which I still believe were caused by Lee Iacocca sneaking in to the Swindon plant with super glue. :D
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    2WD wagons... Mazda6 V6 is a decent choice... and, I guess big discounts are available now. You should be able to get a moderately equipped one for $20K. Still, CR-V is roomier.
  • tenmactenmac Member Posts: 15
    Hey any idea as to the going discount rate for cx7s?

Does turbo always require premium fuel or can one chep and put regular? (Q for eval of the volvo AWD offerings)
    Even though the CX7 is de-tuned from the MazdaSpeed6 (and MazdaSpeed3) model, I would still stick with the best octane you can find for a turbo.

Turbos basically increase the effective compression ratio because the incoming air is more dense. They dial back the compression ratio for this reason precisely, but not enough to go with regular fuel. Direct injection helps cool the intake charge somewhat, but I still wouldn't do it.

Same for the RDX.

Mazda6 wagon is nice, check out the press-button rear seatback release. The V6 runs on regular, too. But no AWD.

-juice
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "I don't think 4 ft would make a huge difference. "

It makes a huge difference. My wife's 2002 Civic has a 37 ft radius, and when driving and parking it, the difference really stands out.

I think the radius increase is due to a longer and wider wheelbase?
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    CX7 needs premium gas and its MPG rating isn't as good as CR-V's. Still, MPG rating is decent for its size. I don't know about rebates on CX7 - check Edmunds' pricing as well as Carsdirect's pricing before you buy.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    I think the turning radius is affected more by the taller, wider tires... So, in essence, you are trading turning radius for a little better handling..

You see it a lot in FWD, sporty sedans... the bigger the tires get, the worse the turning radius..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    I don't know exactly why the PR guys from Honda suggested that $25K number, but the F-series engine from the Accord was 93mm longer than the B20 and would not have fit in the engine bay. Furthermore, the F-series engine was not produced at the Suzuka lines or any of the supporting plants.

To solve the problem, Honda developed that sequential cylinder casting method we've discussed in other threads. That project involved developing a dedicated variant of the B-series engines for use in only the CR-V and the use of a cylinder design which had been proposed decades earlier, but never before perfected.

I have no idea how expensive it would have been to reshape the CR-V's engine compartment and shift logistics for the F-series engines, but if developing a unique engine specifically for the CR-V was the less expensive method, I gotta figure your Accord suggestion wasn't cheap.

As for moving to a torquier engine, that was a concession to the NA markets. Originally, dealers in the US had rejected the CR-V. It was developed as a world vehicle first. And, in other parts of the world, the 2002 CR-V does still use a 2.0L engine. In fact, even the 2007 CR-V uses the 2.0L engine. So, yes, Honda has made changes for us. They are simply changes within a reasonble scope.

However, as much as consumer feedback may be important to a company, there are hard realities at work. The B-eries vs F-series example above is just one of them. And this particular type of feedback has been seen before. Back in 2002, these forums were aflutter with the same remarks I'm reading today. Only, it was the Escape causing the V6 commotion, not the RAV4. Honda ignored all the V6 fever and created another best-seller using a 4 cyl.

I figure... the more companies start splitting up the V6 market segment, the less reason Honda has for going there. These companies leave the highly profitable 4 cyl segment wide open.
    Well, this time (as to why people are complaining) it's not so much what the competition is offering as much as it is a new model launch lacking any new powertrain options. The Element also got the 10hp boost so the outgoing CR-V would have gotten that as well anyway.

FWIW, I think the 2.4l is fine. But I'm saying that if enough people ask for more, Honda will offer it.

-juice
    "I think the turning radius is affected more by the taller, wider tires... So, in essence, you are trading turning radius for a little better handling.."

Yup, you nailed it. That same thought came to me over lunch. It's the tires... they have to design the turning radius so as to not run into the wheel wells.

I'm not sure the move from 16 to 17 inches was worth 4 feet of turning radius. :surprise:
    The new tire is wider but also a lot taller. So the overall diamater grew a lot. Think about when you turn the steering wheel all the way left or right - they need clearance in the tire wells for those big tires (and for the full suspension travel).

They probably could not go with small tires because they wouldn't have had much ground clearance.

The old one had a great turning radius, very tight. Not any more.

-juice
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    I've been thinking, too.. ;)

The new model sits a little lower, with a lower step-in height... This might contribute to the increased turning radius even more than the larger tires... reducing room in the wheel wells, even more.. (and, improving handling vis the lower COG).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

"FWIW, I think the 2.4l is fine. But I'm saying that if enough people ask for more, Honda will offer it."

See, I'm not sure that's true. It takes more than just demand for a V6. There must also be a decrease in demand for the I4. Until they start losing sales, Honda doesn't have much incentive to change.

For that matter, I expect we'll see a nose job long before we see a V6.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Well, I wouldn't go that far...

Would I have preferred for her to have gotten a Subie? Yeah, for number of reasons. Am I sorry she got the CRV? No, not at all. If she were to get another car other than a Subie, a Honda would have been my first choice by far. So far it's been a great car for her. No complaints whatsoever. :)

Bob
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    Actually you may be reading what industry writers were saying about 2 years ago. Granted, Mitsubishi is not coming back like a ball of fire but in the current worldwide climate who is? on the plus side they are now being financed (mostly) by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Bank of Tokyo and Mitsubishi Holding Co. All 3 companies have a vested interest (especially MHI)in the success of MMC. While the monthly sales are small compared to giants like Toyota or Honda they are increasing slightly And they, like Mazda, have eliminated fleet sales for the time being. The plant in Normal Ill. is currently building Galants for export to Russia, South America and the middle east, all equipped with the 4 cyl Mivec and a Ralliart Galant was just released in the N.A. market. As for the new Outlander, the platform was actually designed by Mitsubishi but stole,oooops...I mean "borrowed" by dodge for the caliber. It's Mitsubishi technology thats responsible for the success of the caliber. The completely new Lancer ES should be in North America by March 07 followed by the Ralliart version in July then the Evo X in October 07. All using the same basic platform so it can't be that bad, can it? Lets just hope that Mitsubishi doesn't have to get a new CEO from Lockheed or somewhere like that.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    Ah....500.00 over invoice?

MAYBE three years from now!

Within three months of the release of the 2G the vehicle was selling well below MSRP in this market. Less than a year after it's intro it was selling at invoice. I fully expect the same with this model. Competition among dealers is a wonderful thing. YMMV.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    That didn't happen here but I guess things could change?
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Being in the market for this SUV there are a lot of choices to make. Styling, extended warranty from GM. & FORD. Vs.Paying msrp. for the HONDA name.
    "(and, improving handling vis the lower COG)."

I never had any problems with COG on my 2003; the handling was one of the strong points of the Gen2 CR-V. Of course, the 34 ft turning radius was another strong point. :P
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    There were deals to be had here as well on the previous CR-V back in 02/03. I haven't ever paid much more than invoice on any vehicle, and Honda/Acura isn't any different in my experience. Of course, I have the luxury of having a low-price no-haggle volume dealer a couple hours away, and they are always my fallback if the local dealers don't want to deal on price. Most times, the local dealers will come very close to the price from the volume dealer.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    You have to take into consideration whence the message comes. If you talk to a salesman/dealer, every vehicle is in demand, and they are doing you a big fat favour if they can get you a few hundreds off. :mad:
    "Within three months of the release of the 2G the vehicle was selling well below MSRP in this market. Less than a year after it's intro it was selling at invoice."

If you back through the posts in the "Prices Paid" thread, you'll find a number of people getting deals ($500-1,000 off MSRP) in mid 2003 - roughly 18 months after release.

However, you'll also find plenty of posts where dealers are still getting MSRP.

Invoice deals really didn't start on a regular basis until the 2004 models pushed down the prices on the left-over 2003s.
    Perhaps you and I define "handling" differently, but the outgoing model had quite a bit of body roll and numb, overboosted steering. That plus 205/70 tires (for the first few model years) didn't exactly yield the best handling.

It was fine by truck standards, so I guess it depends on what measuring tape you apply.

But coming from a car...the lack of a dead pedal plus the high seat only exacerbated the tipsy feeling.

I expect this new model will handle a whole lot better. It's lower COG and wider track, plus better tires and a dead pedal, should add up to a significant improvement, at least to me.

-juice
    Styling, extended warranty from GM. & FORD. Vs.Paying msrp. for the HONDA name.

I'm sure people have paid MSRP for GM and Ford vehicles as well. Browse the prices paid boards here to see how much people really pay for a Honda. Then post.
    If you back through the posts in the "Prices Paid" thread, you'll find a number of people getting deals ($500-1,000 off MSRP) in mid 2003 - roughly 18 months after release.

Invoice deals really didn't start on a regular basis until the 2004 models pushed down the prices on the left-over 2003s.

You speak in generalities. I'm talking about the Chicagoland market. A dealer here has had invoice (and below) for years on the 'V.

As much as I like Edmunds, not every CR-V purchase is documented here.

I can show you a bill of sale from February '02, roughly four months after the 2G release.....and it wasn't for MSRP. So can thousands of others.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    I think the radius increase is due to a longer and wider wheelbase?

Probably a combination of a lot of things including wider tires, revised steering turns (tighter now, possibly to aid in handling at higher speeds) and wider track. Its all about tradeoffs.
    Lemme get this straight.

Isell posted in general terms.

You replied in market specific terms.

Then I posted in general terms again.

Is that how this is supposed to work? :P

I can show you a bill of sale from February '02, roughly four months after the 2G release.....and it wasn't for MSRP. So can thousands of others."

All from Chicago?

I can probably get a more than a few prices from my buddies here in the north east with prices no more than $500 off MSRP. Then you can get me another thousand from... I dunno... Detroit. Then I can find a thousand from SoCal. While the Edmunds forums are not a definitive pricing guide, they're better than regional pricing. So that's what I checked as a reference.

As for whether or not the 2007 CR-V stays at MSRP for long, I kinda doubt it. No matter how much I like the package, the styling is far too controversial. I have doubts that Honda will make their 160K unit goal.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    I'm not talking about back in 2003.
    If you want the 07 CR-V the price will be msrp according to the dealers that I spoke to in the Chicago area.
    "But coming from a car...the lack of a dead pedal plus the high seat only exacerbated the tipsy feeling. "

If you think the Gen2 was tipsy, you should drive an Escape as a comparison. We are talking high profile SUVs here. In my opinion, the CR-V was a great driving machine, even with 15 inch wheels.
    "You have to take into consideration whence the message comes. If you talk to a salesman/dealer, every vehicle is in demand, and they are doing you a big fat favour if they can get you a few hundreds off."

I will vouch for what isellhonda says, at least here in southern California. The CR-Vs were in high demand; my dealer pre-sold every one they could get for over a year. At first they were over MSRP, then at MSRP. By the time the 2004 model came in, deals could be had.
    Never have driven one, oddly enough. I was about to, at Edmunds Live in the year 2000, and then Ford recalled them for that little issue where the rear wheels could fall off. :D

So I'm not surprised the CR-V handles better than that.

The 6 early recalls on the Ford Escape were hilarious, I remember another one where the steering wheel could come off in your hands. So I guess the rear wheel missing isn't too bad if you can't steer anyway! :sick:

-juice
  • framelessframeless Member Posts: 5
    i can't believe they are not selling 07 crv's with manual transmissions. they've eliminated me as a repeat customer.
    The last CR-V sold here for under MSRP a few months after it's intro and throughout it's run. In this market you can get a good deal on a Honda. I can't comment on any others. Last time I checked the Civic was the only vehicle that they weren't dealing much on (but still under MSRP).

No matter how much I like the package, the styling is far too controversial. I have doubts that Honda will make their 160K unit goal.

Now you seem to be backtracking a bit (I already asked if you were a politician) ;) . It's added to the quotes.
    Just not enough demand for manuals I suppose.

They sure don't sell in my neck of the woods!
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Before I traded my '99 CR-V EX Manual for an '02 Highlander 4-cyl Auto (no choice of trans for it), I thought long and hard. I loved driving the 'V, and also the many manual -trans cars and trucks that came before. But I craved to be able to cruise LA freeways at 80 MPH again without earplugs.

I lost the fun-to-drive element in this trade, but the extra quietness and more convenient (for me) hatch design made up for it. These two features that the new CR-V has adopted may bring me back.

Sure, I'd rather have the manual, but it's a trade-off for me. I'll probably take the Honda for it being a Honda, rather than Ford, Toyota, or Hyundai.

It'll all be over soon. I'll be down at the Honda dealer on the 28th, if not before. As they say, I won't feel a thing; it'll be several things...
  • rmacarthurrmacarthur Member Posts: 5
    How much discount do you folks think I should be able to get on a 2006 CRV LX 2wd once the 2007's are on the dealers lots? Counting Shiping this one bases at $20990 and dealer cost is about $18800 now. How much do you think that will come down when the 2007's arrive? Oklahoma City area.
    Thanks
  • c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    I'm not talking about back in 2003.
    If you want the 07 CR-V the price will be msrp according to the dealers that I spoke to in the Chicago area.

It may be for a couple weeks while the early buyers hop on the train, but prices will definitely soften up. To quote Cosmo Kramer "retail is for suckers". I know a lot of people who pay way too much for cars, but I haven't ever paid more than about $500 over invoice even on popular Honda/Acura models. And for Subarus we can normally go $1K or more UNDER invoice without too much trouble. You just have to know where/when and be patient. And for heaven's sake, don't believe the general vibe from the dealership -- they'll try to tell you everything is in demand. My local Acura dealer painted a rather grim picture about RDX availability and pricing, but they have accumulated on the lot and aren't moving. I bet a major deal could be had towards the end of the month.
    For a while there Automotive News opened their site to the public, and I downloaded the incentives list...

Customer incentives were for low-rate financing only, they list 2.9-4.9% for the CR-V.

But they also list a dealer incentive of $750 for the CR-V. (and $3000 for the Pilot, wow!). This was until Sept. 5 but I bet they renewed it.

So aim for $750 below invoice. They're not going to dip in to their holdback much, the dealer's gotta eat, too.

-juice
    These are the least popular model of CRV so most stores don't order very many. We are out of them at this point so you may want to move quickly if you want to find any of these.
    And that's typical, you will likely trade-off selection for any potential savings. Plus, it's not like Honda to suddenly increase the incentives, is it?

-juice
    "Now you seem to be backtracking a bit (I already asked if you were a politician). It's added to the quotes."

Backtracking? I never wrote that the CR-V was going to make 160K sales. You have mistaken me for someone else. I'm the guy who forecast doom and gloom based on the earlier rumors about small size and spy pics of the nose. I still predict it will fall short of Honda's goals - just not by quite as much.

I assume you've also booked marked the posts where I explained that earlier forecasts were based on earlier data. Right?
  • ahapleaseahaplease Member Posts: 1
    Surely I'm not meaning the CRV-07 for the time being.
    You have mistaken me for someone else.

You are not easily mistaken. I respect your opinions but it is a fact (and as someone else pointed out) that you were are all over the place posting gloom and doom about the new CR-V. All based on speculation to that point. Then when some real specs came out you began to qualify your statements. Maybe you still didn't agree with the sales forecasts but you changed your tune about several other things that you originally thought were horrible about the vehicle. Which was certainly within your right given the new (and real!!) data.

That's what happened and that's what I was alluding to in my tongue in cheek post which you took way too seriously.
This discussion has been closed.