Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Electrical Problems

12346»

Comments

• omarchomarch Member Posts: 1
    I just bought another Pathfinder 2001. min my first car SE interior lights would go out shortly after I take the keys out. In my new car LE this doesn't happen and the lights stay on. Also another problem- power sockets in the arm rest and the trunk are dead. Fuses under dash and hood by the battery are good. Any ideas, please?
  • lcplorbinatilcplorbinati Member Posts: 23
    have the entire electrical system checked... it could be a number of things including inline fuse or the other thing that I just thought of is it could be a short or selinoid going bad. I had one short in the tail light that had a short that burned out the tail light harness for almost no reason.
  • lcastanheiralcastanheira Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 with the same 'battery' issues. I've replaced 2 batteries in 3 years and cannot go 24 hours without starting or I need to jump it. Has anyone found the source of the problem? I notice when I turn the key that sometimes my 6 disk CD player starts flipping disks. I have also noticed keeping the phone charger plugged in (even if it just hanging there not charging anything). any solutions so far?
  • erik31erik31 Member Posts: 1
    My 2011 Pathfinder sometimes does not recognize the key fob at all, just as if the key wasn't there. The garage can not find anything with their computer, the mechanic suggests electromagnetic interference from wifi etc. Similar experience, anyone?
  • lashowerslashowers Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with 60k miles. Over the past year I have had it to the dealership for the same problem to no avail - the battery has been recharged once; replaced twice and battery cables replaced after the vehicle cuts off and then will not cut back on there is a clicking sound like the battery is dead. Well now for the 5th time within a year the vehicle "died" again with the same issue and had to be towed to the dealership. My local Nissan dealership has yet to be able to diagnose the problem and even consulted with Nissan America in Texas whose only solution after they could not diagnose the problem over the phone was to replace the battery with a larger battery in hopes that it hold the charge longer than the standard battery. I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs but needless to say am very frustrated. I have owed 9 or more Nissans over the past years however it is looking like I will not be owning another.
  • atlanta_jimatlanta_jim Member Posts: 1
    It is pretty easy to change this out. Open the rear hatch window and pull down on the plastic trim under the light until you can reach the two nuts holding the light assembly. The trim is held on with clips that come loose when you pull down. Using a 10mm socket with an extension, remove the two nuts at each end of the light assembly. Remove the assembly, detach it at the connector and replace it. Push the trim back in place. Dealers charge about $80 for the assemble. I found it on line for about $60 plus $10 shipping. Good luck.
  • mlmc58mlmc58 Member Posts: 1
    In 2011, I purchased a 2008 Pathfinder which had only ~16,000 miles at the time. I currently have around 65,000. I recently went into the dealer for an oil change and ended up leaving with rear brakes and rotors, in addition to the oil change. I was given an "all clear" on all other systems, including the battery ("Good: 410 Crank Amps). A couple hours later, I washed the vehicle, and had the radio on (nothing unusual) and then needed a jump start. It was fine for four days after, then the battery died twice in the same evening. I took it back to the same dealer, and was told that now the battery FAILED. Is there something that could have been done or not done during the brake job that would drain the battery?
  • booger13booger13 Member Posts: 1

k

• DblaneDblane Member Posts: 1
    2005 Pathfinder. Today the dash gauges shut down for a second and came back on. This happened twice. I checked my battery and it's 100 0/0 charged. This also happened a few months ago. The problem seemed to be fixed after I changed out the alternator because my battery wasn't getting charged at the time. It's been fine for about 3 months but it's back. I guess I have a short somewhere in the dash but I don't know where to begin searching.
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1
    Dblane,
    Having the same exact issues with my 2001 QX4. Did you get anywhere fixing it?
    Hawk