Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Uplander: MPG - Real World Numbers

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Share your actual MPG with other Uplander owners here.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• cwesleygcwesleyg Member Posts: 64
    We get low 20's around town, 25-26 on long trips... highway I mean. We got better mileage from our 3.4 V6 Montana, but I think the 3.5 is a better engine... I hope considering all the folks I know that have had head gaskets done on 3.1 and 3.4 GM V6's...
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,101
    Just got back from a trip from eastern OH to South Bend, IN and back. Included some around-town driving on that tank, but not a lot--primarily interstate. I got 396 miles on 17.65 gallons, or 22.4 mpg.

This was immediately after I had the whistling PCV valve replaced.

Bill P.
    Kent, OH
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,101
    Oops, make that PCV hose, not valve.

Sorry!

Bill P.
    Kent, OH
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • kthoelkthoel Member Posts: 2
    I used to get 19.8- 21. but now since it does not turn over on a reg. basis and it seems to be missing, but the dealership can find NOTHING Wrong... I only get about 16, if I am luck I will get 17. It STINKS :lemon:
  • morewasabimorewasabi Member Posts: 58
    2005 Buick Terraza
    16,000 Miles
    No Mechanical problems
    16-18 around town
    22-27 on the hwy
    Regular fuel
    Use5w-30 Mobile One Synthetic oil only :shades:
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Pretty similar to yours other than a recurring issue with brake rotors. 17k miles so far. Closer to 20 around town, but we've seen 18 at least once. Normally 22-27 highway depending on the length of the trip and the speed we drive. All time high of just over 28. Regular fuel, standard dino 5w-30 (free oil changes at the dealership for 3 yrs / 36k miles, so I go with it). Will be changing to Mobil1 full synth when that expires and I start doing the changes on my dime.
  • downlanderdownlander Member Posts: 1
    :lemon: My 2006 Uplander gets 16 around town with the 3.9 ltr.The steering has a knock that you feel in the wheel on sweeping turns(highway ramps) and it idles rough all the time. The dealer says it's fine,no stored codes. Apparently mechanics can't diagnose anything anymore unless the computer stores a code. Oh and did I mention that it hesitates and doesn't shift smoothly. Dealer says there is nothing wrong though. The dealer has replaced my rack and pinion and then new rack and pinion boots. There were Technical service bulletins for both problems.That lessened the knock so they replaced the upper intermediate shaft which did nothing because the problem came back twice after about 2 weeks. So now I bring it in about every month when the binding and knocking in the steering gets bad and they relubricate the upper intermediate steering shaft which lasts about 3 weeks and it all starts over again. The dealer says they are supposed to be coming out with a new shaft for the steering but he doesn't know when.Can you say LEMON!
This discussion has been closed.