Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Climate Control Questions

124»

Comments

• jclipkajclipka Member Posts: 1
    I can't seem to change the direction of heated or cooled air. Can't switch to defrost, or change from forward blowing to foot blowing heat. I already tried changing the actuator behind the glove compartment, no go, and bench tested the original actuator by applying voltage, and it works fine. Before I replace the heater control panel, I'd sure like to hear from an expert if I am on the right track, or if there is a simpler and less costly option that I may have overlooked.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • ronnbronnb Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what the HVAC Control Board part number was so I can search for that part online?

Thanks, RonnB
  • auntkikiauntkiki Member Posts: 2
    I had my transmission rebuilt on my 2002 Accord this week. When I picked up the car, the air conditioner is not working correctly. It is blowing fine, but the air is warmer than before, and completely blows warm when I accelerate from a full stop.

I am trying to determine if these things are related. If so, I will take it back to the transmission place, but if not I will go to my regular repair shop for repair.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
  • auntkikiauntkiki Member Posts: 2
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I do know that in many cars, when the throttle is opened heavily (when passing on the highway, or merging) sometimes the A/C will disengage to give you more power). This was very noticeable on a hot day in my dad's 07 Civic, less so in my Accords. There may be a connection there?
  • accordcl9accordcl9 Member Posts: 1
    i was recently driving my car and the a/c temprature shown near the clock went of i pressed the buttons but nothing to avail though temprature is visible in navigation but not there????help
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    What year is your Accord? Your description of the "temperature is visible in navigation" doesn't describe an 03-07 Accord. In my 04, The temp displays are only shown when the A/C is in the AUTO mode. The 04 doesn't display temperature anywhere in the navi screen.

Mrbill
  • scratchgolfrscratchgolfr Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Honda Accord V6 EXL with 105K miles on it. In May of 2015 I had an instance where the Variable Cylinder management stopped working and the engine light came on. I was in the middle of travelling 500 miles home on a Sunday through the mountains in West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina . I took it to the dealer on Monday and they replaced 4 spark plugs and updated the computer. It was running fine until I noticed recently that there was a knock in the engine. It was not burning any oil. I took it to the dealer and they said the front cam shaft needed to be replaced. The cam shaft lobe for cylinder 6 was excessively worn and pitted. The mechanic said the cam could have been defective. It cost $1200 to repair. I was just wondering if the cam failure could have been related to the VCM problem last year. I have not been given any satisfactory explanation by Honda. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I also have a problem with the Auto Climate Control. On really hot days, The ACC would automatically turn the fan up when the car was started and then the fan speed would slow down as the interior temp got close to what I set it for. Usually 72. ( I had a 2000 Accord that worked the same way) In the last year the 2010 Accord has stopped doing this and I am having to manually adjust the fan speed multiple times on long trips. The dealer says there is no problem. I also have remote start that used to be wonderful on hot or cold days, but now that the fan speed is not automatically changing, it has become almost useless. While my car was in the shop I had a loaner 2016 Honda Civic with ACC that worked correctly.
  • murfs89accordmurfs89accord Member Posts: 1
    I am having an Temperature control issue with my 89 accord. up until a month ago my heat and A/C worked great. Now I cant get the air flow to change from vent to feet to defrost and I cant change the circulation or turn the A/c Compressor on. The buttons just don't do anything when I push them. I have changed the whole unit and when I plugged in the new unit the buttons light up but don't work. Does anyone know what the issue can be and how I can fix it.