Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord: 2007 changes, info?

stanwelksstanwelks Member Posts: 35
edited March 2014 in Honda
1. Does anyone know when the 07 Accords are scheduled to be available?

2. Does anyone know if there will be any changes from the 06 models?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The 2007 Accord should be little changed from the 2006 model, since a brand new model is due for 2008. Perhaps some color changes, and a few interior option differences, but otherwise, I'd look for basically the same car for 2007. The same happened in 2002 (pre-2003 new model) and 1997 (pre-1998 new model). These cars remain unchanged for the most part.
  • Options
    kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    It would be helpful to anyone making an 06 -vs- 07 decision to know what changes are forthcoming, no matter how seemingly insignificant.
  • Options
    I recently read where a 2007 had arrived on a dealer lot. The only change noted was the MSRP was up by $100.
  • Options
    dwinkdwink Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone know if the 2007 model offers bluetooth?
  • Options
    shorty13shorty13 Member Posts: 4
    not sure if any of you have noticed, but the 2007 accord is up on the honda website. i dont think bluetooth is offered, but i havent looked at all the specs yet.
  • Options
    gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    I don't see bluetooth or sportshift on the 2007 Accord EX-V6 which is a bit disappointing considering the 2007 Camry has these features or at least the option.
  • Options
    I don't see bluetooth or sportshift on the 2007 Accord EX-V6 which is a bit disappointing considering the 2007 Camry has these features or at least the option.

The Camry incorporated Bluetooth because it was an all-new model. It would probably not be cost-effective to add Bluetooth as the sun sets on this generation of the Accord.

Sportshift would be a HUGE change to a car the year before a new one arrives. Bluetooth was probably possible, but not cost-effective, while changing trannies is a big deal. Wait for 2008 if you must have an Accord AND these features, I'd expect to see them and more.
  • Options
    gonein60secgonein60sec Member Posts: 56
    I agree with what you said, these would be major changes..at least the sportshift. I still wish Honda offered the option of the 5-spoke alloy wheel for the EX-V6 Auto trim as opposed to limiting those wheels for the manual transmission. The nine spoke wheels on the Accord just is too busy looking.
  • Options
    phillycarsphillycars Member Posts: 9
    I test drove the 2007 Honda Accord V-6 with Nav tonight. There seemed to be no body changes to the vehicle. There is no sport shift nor blue tooth. I did not notice any changes between the 2006 and the 2007 nor did I expect there to be. The dealer was discounting the 2006's at 1200 off. I'm trying to decide between a 2006 and 2007...
  • Options
    ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    Unless you're a frequent trader, there's no point paying the premium for a 2007 carry-over. By the time a car has around five years on it, and assuming equivalent miles clocked and condition, the trade-in/selling price difference between the two model year cars will be
    peanuts - far less than the discount you'll get buying the 2006 as a year-end closeout.
  • Options
    I would think that an end of year 2006 might fair a little better in terms of trade in value since it'll have low mileage when compared with other 2006 Accords that may have been purchased early on. Does anyone know for sure?
  • Options
    You're right - accumulated mileage does factor in when determining the trade-in or selling price of a used vehicle. But, caution is in order in automatically assuming that a late original sale date infers fewer miles than an early sale date. There are some hard mile drivers out there and there are some very conservative drivers who take 3 1/2 years to put 22,000 miles on a car. (Ask me how I know about the latter... ;))
  • Options
    Okay, I'll bite. How do you know about the latter ray_h1? :confuse:
  • Options
    --"Okay, I'll bite. How do you know about the latter ray_h71? :confuse: "--

Tee-hee, yeah, my statement was intended to be a little brain teaser - think about it just a little more. (Hint: There's only one possible solution to the conundrum of low accumulated mileage in a car of which I would have intimate knowledge of it being absolutely true and accurate... ;))
  • Options
    crimsonacrimsona Member Posts: 153
    Something about seeing a mistress?
    I kid, I kid.

:P
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Jail time?

Did you lose it in a mall parking lot for a year?
  • Options
    carbuyingwicarbuyingwi Member Posts: 1
    dear honda lovers, does anyone happen to know when the honda 2007 accord lx will have some incentive before the end of the year? i am considering to buy one, hesitating to buy now or wait a little bit...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    Looking for incentives on 07s. They've only been out for 2 months. If you want any kind of substantial incentives look for remaining 06 models, if there are any.
  • Options
    I'd look for incentives on 2007 models by summer time. It's not a matter of if, but when.
This discussion has been closed.