Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord I4 vs V6

1111213141517»

Comments

• saxon2nsxsaxon2nsx Member Posts: 19
    Not if you live in NYC and are over 40 which is my case.

I am done rowing and the only vehicle that would bring me back to flexing my right hand muscle would be a Viper. Also,I am married,so there is no reason to keep the right hand in top condition. :)
  • icyou812icyou812 Member Posts: 77
    I'll second that. The I4 manual is fun to drive, except in heavy Chicago traffic. Tried that back in June. I didn't test drive the V6 before we bought. I had my heart set on a Civic, but the wife had other ideas. V6 auto vs. I4 auto. would most likely be a different story in the fahrvergnugen department.
  • arun77arun77 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2009 EX V6; my other car is a 6 cyl as well and with more creature comforts, but the 269 HP (or is it 272?) makes this one so much more fun to drive!
  • babak_hondababak_honda Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know the speed on 3000 rpm, on both the I4 and V6 engine of the accord coupe?
  • mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    I'm generally happy with my 2011 LX with I-4 - but I get a fair amount of ROAD NOISE plus ENGINE NOISE, especially during acceleration. It doesn't help that roads here in Western NY are in pretty rough shape. Just wondering if EX with V-6 will be noticeably quieter. By the way, I gather that the new Buick Verano with a 180hp I-4 scores pretty well in this department.
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    Can't say for the 4 but my 2010 EX-L V6 is @ 72MPH @ 3,000RPM
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    edited April 2012
    I hope you are mistaken. My 03 V6 is only turning 2,200rpm at 72mph. 3,000rpm would probably be around 90mph.
  • dpmeersmandpmeersman Member Posts: 275
    Don't get on the hwy that often but I'll check it next time. I think you're right, it's more like 2,500 RPM around 70. Should be able to verify this weekend.
  • pwgoodmanpwgoodman Member Posts: 6
    With my '08 V6, about 2400 rpm at 70 mph.