Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Will Be a Future Classic?

1789101113»

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    I suppose in a way it makes sense, cart the brats around in something they can ruin and not feel bad, beats having them tear up a cherished car.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    edited May 2013
    You might have to tow it to the 2038 and later Classic car shows, though, because battery replacements might be unobtainum. Or, maybe by then you'll be able to modify it to take the latest nano battery, with a range of 1,000 miles.

Maybe the Fisker will also qualify, in a similar way to the Tucker.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    I could see the Fisker kind of being like a Tucker (without the legend, and with more fires). I saw one just the other day.

Tesla won't be a classic, but it will be some kind of mild milestone, maybe like the original LS.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The Tesla and Fisker are both interesting cars and will certainly retain some of their value in the future, but there are a number of factors against their becoming really valuable in the future---for one thing, they made too many of them (unlike say, A Ferrari Enzo, of which only 400 were built, or a Tucker, of which only 51 were built).

Secondly, by the time a Tesla or Fisker would be worth what you originally paid for one, you'd probably be dead.

I suspect that Tesla and Fisker will be more Delorean than Enzo---a curiosity that someone will want to collect but not for big bucks.