Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Highlander Hybrid Accessories & Modifications

13»

Comments

• mgchad54mgchad54 Member Posts: 1
    I am not yet a Highlander owner - I just really want to be!! The issue that I am dealing with is that I need to place 2 large dog crates in the cargo area, but those dang seats don't fold flat. Any ideas?
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    The third row seat does fold flat. The second row comes close to it. Nothing that a little shim (2x4) across the floor to level the crates wouldn't solve (assuming the crates are deeper than the rear cargo area. Seems like it would be easy to rig this up. I'd rather do that than buy a larger SUV I didn't need (or minivan)
  • brandoshidobrandoshido Member Posts: 10
    they dont fold flat, but its pretty close. They wont slip and slide, especially if there is 2 next to each other
  • boss21boss21 Member Posts: 2
    Monte8 How did your install go with your fog lights from blinglights.com? I just ordered mine for my 2008 Toyota Highlander Base model.
  • monte8monte8 Member Posts: 75
    They are still in the box. I haven't had the spare $ to have the installation done. :cry:
    They are still in the box. :blush: I have not had the extra $ to have them installed. :cry:
  • nchh09nchh09 Member Posts: 2
    2009 Highlander Hybrid, base model. Bought the 2-part fog lamps from after market shop in San Fran, came with no wiring diagram. When contacted, seller said any good shop can do it. First shop installed them in bumper beautifully, but could not figure how to connect. Local Toyo dealer says same thing, can't connect. I think it has something to do with part of the lamp is LED, probably needs voltage step-down of some kind. Anybody still out there? Any suggestions?
  • 89fj6289fj62 Member Posts: 20
    My son bought me a Hella light for Christmas to install on my 2009 HH. I need to attach a wire from the HH reverse lights to the Hella light. If anyone knows the color of the reverse light please speak up. I am pretty sure that I can find the information on Toyota's Technical Information System or TIS. I have never used this site but Toyota does provide access to this information for a reasonable cost.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
  • bvromanbvroman Member Posts: 3
    Help! I am trying to find the correct accessory retractable Cargo Cover for my 2011 Highlander Hybrid base model. Unbelievably, the car does not come with one. Trying to find the correct one that fits is a challenge! My dealership ordered and attempted to install a cargo cover - but it did not fit: they said there is none that exists presently for the Hybrid. Seems odd. The cut-outs are there in the rear interior side mouldings to accomodate a cargo cover!

When it comes to retractable Cargo Covers - apparently, there IS a difference in the fit for the gas model and the hybrid. But I am uncertain if there is a difference between the Hybrid base and liminted versions.

Anyone encounter this problem???
    I have one in grey for the 2008 Hi-Hy. Like new, shrink wrapped, yours free if you come and pick it up (Devils Lake, ND). They are really worthless.
    Thanks - but a bit far to drive for a worthless accessory! LOL

My 2011 Hi-Hy base model has cut-outs in the cargo area body moulding to attach the retractable cover. The retractable cover is substantial and of good quality, approx $200 - problem: it does not fit. I actually ordered two - both were 3" short on the left side - and it is definitely the correct part # for the 2011 Hi-Hy. This appears to be a manufacturing defect. I was told by the Toyota service dept that it "fits perfectly" in the gas model. The dealers have no idea why the retractable Cargo Cover does not fit the hybrid. I reported the issue to Toyota corporate - they have "documented the problem" for future reference, no answers or solutions for me. They said they rely on customers and enough complaints to pursue a problem... :mad:

So... Come on 2011 Highlander Hybrid base model owners - anyone out there tried to install the retractable Cargo Cover yet? :confuse:
    What do you mean "substantial"? This is the cover that rolls up, right? There is nothing there to be substantial.
    By "substantial" I am referring to the housing that holds the retractable cover. It is solid - weighs approx 10 pounds. The quality is good. I just wish I could find one that actually fits.
This discussion has been closed.