Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Stereo, iPod, CD, Bluetooth, Sat

124»

Comments

• kj2011kj2011 Member Posts: 5
    My vehicle has navigation (CRV exl) so I dont know anything about syncing with a vehicle that does not have navigation. If you go to this site: http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/find-a-phone.aspx
    you can email them or call them and ask them about syncing your phone. They are very helpful. An update on my issues with the bluetooth: I now have an iphone 4g and have set up that phone. So far I am still getting the same complaints for whomever I call. I can hear them plain as day but they have trouble hearing me. I have yet to take the vehicle in for a service call but will do so eventually.
  • hubcap40hubcap40 Member Posts: 2
    My 2011 CR-V has the Navigation system with BlueTooth and the HFL works just fine, as does the navigation system. Sometimes the voice recognition has a problem understanding me, but then again so does my wife. LOL. I guess it depends on the road noise.

But overall it works just fine.
  • hubcap40hubcap40 Member Posts: 2
    Buy a cheap power port adapter with USB connector on the back. Then use your iPod data cable to charge the iPod while the audio cable is plugged into the aux port. Or simply use your auto iPod charger.
  • kate55kate55 Member Posts: 1
    I've a 2011 CRV-SE and want to know how to use my iPod. The dealer said I could use a cable like the earphone cable, with one end into the iPod and the other into the mp3 jack and the iPod would play over the stereo with the "aux" selected. I can't get any sound, though.
  • dunewalkerdunewalker Member Posts: 1
    Battery on '02 Honda CRV died yesterday. Had it replaced and mechanic reset radio code, but the indash CD and tape deck do not work. What do I need to do to get the CD and tape sections of this working again?
  • rashed38rashed38 Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    I have a 2011 Honda CR-V, SE, and ever since I purchased it (4 months ago), I am experiencing static noise and fade-away problems in some of the local FM stations. the stations are really not that far, and the signal should be pretty strong. interestingly, the noise or fade-away doesn't happen always. it happens some of the times. I have taken the car to the dealer multiple times, they haven't yet been able to identify or resolve the issue.
    is anyone else having this kind of problem?

Thanks.
  • carobabbocarobabbo Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I have the same problem with a 2012 CRV EX-L. I hope it is only the antenna. Is there a way to upgrade the antenna to receive a stronger signal? Stations only 30 miles away can come in and out. Have never had this with my other cars. A bit of a novice on do -it-yourself.
  • jmc10418jmc10418 Member Posts: 3
    I am having a problem with my 2012 CR-V bluetooth. I can hear people fine, but my voice is coming out on their end with a severe lisp!! I have even left myself a message on my own answering machine to hear what it sounds like, and it is not good! My sister says I sound like a bad imitation of Cher. Anyone else have this problem? I am hoping there is a way to correct it. Thanks for any advice. BTW, I am linking through a IPhone 4 (not 4 S)
    No responses??? Am I the only one having this problem? Help please!
  • snukesnuke Member Posts: 81
    I purchased my 2012 CR-V in June. I am not experiencing the problem you are having. Although, I have not left myself a message to determine how it sounds. However, none of the people I have talked to while using the Bluetooth have indicated to me any changes in my voice and/or problems while talking to them. Is it possible it could be your phone?
  • barb60barb60 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with the bluetooth in my Honda CRV that I just purchased in the last month. People keep telling me it sounds like a have a lisp. It is really disappointing and frustrating because that is one of the main reasons I bought a new car. I took it back to the Honda Dealer and they kept it for two hours along with my iphone 4 and said there wasn't a problem. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon and Apple and they can't find a problem. I don't know whether it is the phone or the bluetooth in the car. I just ordered the new iphone 5 in hopes that will be better. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I wish you were not having this problem, but I am glad that I am not alone! I do not use the bluetooth when I am talking to anyone but my close friends or family. It is embarrassing! I will not be getting a new phone anytime soon, but please let me know how the new iphone works. Thanks.
  • azcactusjenazcactusjen Member Posts: 1
    My boyfriend purchased his CR-V in March. When he used his phone hands-free via Bluetooth for the first few months it was fine, sounded great. But now 80% of the time when I talk to him, there's a loud squealing sound in the background when he's talking. He cannot hear it on his end. Sometimes it's louder for me than other times and sometimes it's not present at all. We have no idea how to troubleshoot it. If he talks it off hands-free and talks into the phone, it's fine. So it's something about the connection between the phone and the Bluetooth. It's HIGHLY annoying. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
  • jj2345jj2345 Member Posts: 1
    I'm probably too late but I'm a tech at a Honda dealer and had a customer come in today his brand new 2012 CRV,something about the person on the other end of his phone calls hearing a loud high pitch noise,it took me some time to figure it out but at the top where the dome light is,there's the Bluetooth mic inside of the interior light assembly,well that Bluetooth mic goes bad rather quickly,we replaced the dome light assembly and it fixed the issue.
    I hope this info help you guys out.thanks!!
  • lisajulylisajuly Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info. Can you explain which dome light? The one closer to windshield? Any more details? Think I could do it myself or need a technician...I'm pretty handy. Thanks!
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    I know this is several months after, but now I realize it's a Bluetooth problem.

My wife has the 2012 CR-V and I've always noticed she sounds like she has a lisp when I talk to her on it.

It's not that bad, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • flyersfanflyersfan Member Posts: 8
    Hi All
    Just got the 2013 CR-V EX. Love the stereo. Here's an issue I'm having that I hope someone can help.

When connecting my Iphone 5 using the USB dock and Bluetooth, at first, it works fine. I can listen to the Iphone via the dock with no issue. But if I switch sources, when I come back to dock, there is no audio. This is because on my phone, it defaults to HandsFreeLink. I have to go back to the phone and manually switch back to the dock.

Is there a workaround that is known?
  • wallroadwallroad Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 CRV with navigation a week ago. Both my wife and I have Virgin Mobile Kyocera S2100 cell phones. Dealer connected both just fine. But driving home--and ever after--every 2 minutes or so the voice keeps saying "Your phone has been connected" . Have to shut the phone off to stop it. Happens with both phones. Back to the dealer, he couldn't fix it. Help!
  • shihanbshihanb Member Posts: 17
    I have a 2013 CR-V. When I use my IPOD, it appears to initially be charging, but on a trip of over 2 hours, the IPOD will drain and "hard crash" while playing, where it takes two days of charging the batter to get it back to life. Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone suggest a solution?
    I have a 2012 CRV and just upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy 3 and I, too, have the problem of the voice saying "Your phone has been connected". I previously had a Samsung Mystic and never had any problems. Has your problem been resolved and if so, how was it resolved?
    Wallroad.... I just contacted Honda's HandsFree Link Customer Service at 1-888-528-7876. While sitting in my car with my cell phone at my side, the technician walked me through the procedure to stop the voice from saying "Your phone has been connected". It seems the glitch may have been from the cell phone asking permission to download contacts and messages. The technician had me check "Don't Ask Me This Again" and clicking OK. But, please call the phone number listed above and have the technician resolve your problem. Hopefully, it will work for you.
  • lc1974lc1974 Member Posts: 5
    When I plug my iphone into the system, it always starts on the same song, every time (the alphabetically first song). It is also set to repeat same song.

So I have to go in and select 'normal' play mode, and then select shuffle. If I select shuffle mode it will shuffle but will repeat each song (plays it twice) before shuffling to the next one, so I have to first clear 'repeat' mode by selecting normal mode. Then I am able to select shuffle mode.

Anyone know how to solve this? It's not a setting on my phone. It's annoying to have to reset listening each time I want to use it.
  • ebh2gebh2g Member Posts: 1

I have a 2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX and the pairing of my Motorola Razr worked very well with the car's Bluetooth System. Problem occurred when I had to replace the phone with another Motorola Razr (same type). After pairing with car's BS (I deleted old phone from car's BS) it paired and connected correctly. I noticed driving the next day the BS system repeatedly connected/disconnected the phone and continues to do so. Several times I have deleted the phone from car's BS system and it doesn't help.

• arons1arons1 Member Posts: 2
    I have 2006 honda crv se. My stereo is broken and needs the replacement. My oem number ends with 60 but most that are being sold are 61. Can you tell me the difference? I have the stereo on the steering wheel will the 61 be able to work like the 60? I cant find the replacement for the 60. Most say it's the same system. What is the difference ? It does have a xm radio hookup in the back.
  • arons1arons1 Member Posts: 2
    Most say I should have it rebuilt but someone tried to get the cassette out by a screwdriver and damaged the cassette and cd player. The radio is the only thing that works.