Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Not really. A new Prius is now out of their price range (Trying to stay at Civic LX prices or lower). And used ones have that pesky need for batteries sooner than later. This could be a car that is kept a long time. My mom's last two vehicles were kept 6 and 7 years, one going to 110k miles first.

They really aren't in too much of a hurry, but were waiting for one thing to be paid off and for their income tax refund to come, both of which should be accomplished around independence day. So, the time is closing in, they've just been doing a lot of shopping and figuring out the best car for their needs. So far, they've got it narrowed tightly. It'll likely be a Versa SL, or a Civic LX (they like their '07 Civic).

As far invoice goes, (to a previous poster), I found it on Consumer Guide and it appeared to be around $550 less than sticker - very little markup if that's true.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
  • mach_sixmach_six Posts: 7
    I'm in northern NJ, anyone else just buy one recently? I'm looking at Meadowlands or Sansone dealership at the moment. I put an offer on their SL HB auto for $1450, wonder if they'll bite.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,911
    I put an offer on their SL HB auto for $1450, wonder if they'll bite.

My guess would be, probably not. ;)
    Pleasure Island - The island on which Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama sits.

aka = The Redneck Riviera ;)
    Have been here a few times, as my college roommate still lives there. Nice place. Though my old car had a tough time with the hills there...must be hard on 4 cylinder cars to get up those steep hills. When I was back home in New York a couple of years ago, was really thankful I had a 6 cylinder rental as those hills had very steep inclines. Spoiled down in South Florida, as the only hills are the overpasses over the highways.

The Sandman :)
    Mountain Brook is one of Birmingham's oldest suburbs that has remained one of the upscale places to live, here. I have a great aunt less than 1/2 a mile from Mountain Brook Village; it's a great place.

The hills around here aren't terrible, but they sure don't help mileage. We're really not a mountainous metro area, but it certainly is a hilly one. My 2.4L 4-cyl accelerates without a problem up them just fine, although my old 2.2L Accord has to work at things a lot harder (it is down roughly 40 horses on the 2.4L).
  • umassdumassd Posts: 9
    Meadowlands won't.....most they will do for you is 1200 below MSRP and you can always count on 1000 cashback from nissan so you are looking at 2200 below MSRP.... if you find something better in N NJ then please post...as I am also in market for SL if not S with power package and abs.....
    Since the 09 models are coming out next month or now, find dealers in your area that has stock. I know meadowlands might not since they have such a low amount of 08, they have 1 SL left and 2 S I think from their website. I dont' have a good perception of Meadowlands after dealing with a salesguy that knew nothing about the Versa or the incentives. I'm not there to sel the car to myself.

I was going to try Sansone but Lynnes has a bunch and others that have a lot of leftovers. I have an 05 Subaru Legacy GT that I'm trying to get rid of either thru trade in or sell so I am just weighing options. If I can get a deal too good to pass up I'll consider it.

I am just curious, does anyone know the invoice and cost of a base SL model? I just want to know what I should be offering.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,918
    I looked at the Versa about a year ago. I remember there was little room between invoice and MSRP. I think it was just over $800 difference between the invoice and MSRP. Much smaller then the normal.

I would double check Edmunds to make sure there is no "Manufacturer to Dealer" incentive. Otherwise, I think it is a good price.
  • umassdumassd Posts: 9
    I live across the street from Lynnes. They don't have any Versa HB in stock (atleast Nissanusa.com does not show any).

Sales person at Lynnes also did not know anything about Versa and the incentives Nissan is offering.

Versa HB SL is not available at most places in N' NJ.
  • you might want to try copal nissan in Jakson Hights queans in New york working with them now keep us updated and good luck grate car thankyou for reading.
    I bought my 02 Forester from Lynnes and then I heard all these horror stories about their service center. And how in a newspaper article probably about 3-4 years ago that they rolled back odometers on their used cars. I mean you're going to buy new so that's moot but still that shows you what kind of dealership you're dealing with. So be careful about buying off lease or used cars there. I never went back there even for the first free oil change. I do those minor maintenance myself anyway. With the economy and car buying down i would wait till the 09 hits the lot and then see what they will offer you. Should be arriving now or end of the month...last I checked Lynnes has a good amount of stock. I would prefer a HB over a sedan for more storage space. The car buyers can wait, it' snot like people are lining up to throw money at them...

Also did anyone use those pay sites to get more detailed info about costs of this car? I just wan tto konw the costs of the pacages and such before making these ridiculously low to reasonable offers to them.:-P
  • yes stay away from Lins they are a real bad Dealer ship. Yes what is the rush. wate until the 2009's come out then they will really want to get rid of the 08's. keep us updated on what dealer ship you bye from thanks for reading.
    Drove this on Sunday and wasn't impressed with the tranny, not real smooth at all, my Civic beats it hands down. I also drove the Sentra with the CVT tranny and that car drove so smoothly with power to spare, guess it was the CVT that made the difference.
    Does the Versa have the CVT option also? Bet that would make it a better driver as the 1.8 wasn't happy on my drive. Very disappointing.

The CVT Versa is much better than the 4-speed auto. ;)

It comes on the Versa SL. The cheap-o S model has the 4-speed.
    We drove that model and the acceleration sucked. Maybe it didn't have the CVT tranny after all. Sentra was much better with the CVT and apparantly there's more dealer cash on the Sentra at this time. Might also have my kid lease the car so she can start a credit record and she wants a really nice car...the Mini, which I have nixed for a 1st car. Leases seem to have changed now in their terms and might make more sense for her. Told her that after she gets a job, she can buy whatever she wants with her $. The 1st cars for our kids are on us with investments we made for their college funds. Each will have about $15k left over for cars.

• cathy8cathy8 Posts: 37
    The best thing to do is not even buy a Versa. Mine is a lemon that Nissan hasn't been able to fix. Nissan is being really jerky about it so I wish I'd never bought the darn car. It doesn't matter now that it cost less than the Yaris and the Fit. What good is the saved cash if it doesn't run properly?

Cathy
    We drove that model and the acceleration sucked. Maybe it didn't have the CVT tranny after all.

If it was an SL Hatch, it was either a 6MT or CVT. I can't say for sure, but I think the Sedan is the same way.
    We drove the sedan and it didn't drive nearly as nice as the Sentra SL with the CVT. Definitely sure it was a regular auto tranny Versa.