Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to Program Remote on 2001 Lincoln Towncar

harko5harko5 Member Posts: 1
I'm buying a 2001 Lincoln Towncar that does not have an owners manual or remotes for entry. How do I program the remotes myself.
Any help is appreciated.
Ken

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Not sure how helpful this will be, but here is a post that concerns your question.

dbd34, "Lincoln Town Car" #297, 11 Dec 2000 6:05 pm

Your best bet is to find an manual.
  • massamassa Member Posts: 1
    I have a LTC 2001 and the speedometer went out along with the brake light, ABS light and the traction light coming on. I took my car to Lincoln to be fixed and they had it for two days and told me that the ABS Modual had to be replaced and the cost for the Modual was $649.00 plus $400.00 labor and they said that they could not be sure that the Modual would fix the problem. I bought a modual from a wreaking yard for $165.00 and that was not the problem. Has anyone had this problem and know what is causing it to go out. It works when it's cold out, Below 50 derees, but I don't want to move to Alaska to know how fast I'm driving. Help!!!
  • unclesueunclesue Member Posts: 1
    go to " program your remote.com" it is free
  • c21no1c21no1 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what you did to fix this problem? I have one doing the exact same thing!

Thanks
    Dan
  • circuitboy1circuitboy1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. I'm looking at the cruse control. Mine also seems to work in cold weather. I'm putting the electronics of the cruse control in the freezer to see if that makes a difference.
  • earnest37earnest37 Member Posts: 8
    The response on free help programming a remote is absolutely accurate. Bought a new remote for my 2001 Continental and it programmed perfectly the first time....and seems to work at a greater distance from the car than the original. Also, make certain you have the part number off the original remote before ordering one from anyone on eBay offering such devices.