Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Pacifica Owners - Give Us Your Report

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,924
    I thought about not responding since you are yelling at me ... but I'll try and help regardless.

The heart of the matter is, a dealership does not buy lemons back, the manufacturer does. So you have absolutely no ground to stand on against the dealership. If you really want to pursue the lemon law, contact a lawyer, because you'll need one, and know that you will be suing Chrysler corporate, not a privately owned dealership.

however, before retaining a lawyer, I STRONGLY suggest you try having another dealership fix your car.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ramabdel12ramabdel12 Member Posts: 6
    NOTHING from any of the three dealerships in NYC. They all give me attitude, things get worse out of the dealership.. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I am so angry and Chrysler does not care. By the way, i called a towing truck since my right axle came off and the car rolled down the street and I NEARLY killed a women since the car was on a hill. Thankfully, I pushed the parking brake but this is too dangerous. Please help and what can I tell the chrysler representatives? Thank you!
  • misjualymisjualy Member Posts: 7
    I am feeling you!!! Go online to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint online on the three dealerships especially the one you purchased it from and then do one on Chrysler and then go to a search engine and look up info on the lemon law for your state and see if they have a website to file a complaint also and I have been emailing Chrysler everyday and calling them . I am not giving up but I have contacted an attorney and I am fixing to go this route because yesterday the service dept told my husband they were fising things they had already replaced and just trying things because they had no clue what was wrong or how to fix it and neither did Chrysler. SO may be if we can get a team together and file suite on Chrysler we may get somewhrere!!!! Keep me posted.
  • jgranellijgranelli Member Posts: 4
    I bought a brand new 2004 loaded Pacifica that listed at 44,600 in Feb of 2004.I now have 68000 miles on it and brought it back to the dealer for the first time last week!It was a squeaking tentioner on the serpentine belt. The only maintenance I have performed is that I replaced the front brake pads at 45000,use only synthetic oil and change it four times a year,replaced the original tires at 65000 miles and use a K&N air filter which I clean 4 times a year.I consistently get 17.5 to 18 mpg in mixed driving and have received as high as 23.1mpg on pure highway driving.I always use 87 octane reg gas and have no problem with engine performance.The car still rides like a dream with not one rattle. My other car is a 2004 Honda Pilot with 34000 miles it's been back to the dealer at least 4 times!I think my Pacifica thinks it's Japanese manufactured! I guess I'm lucky compared to problems that other people are having.
  • nadoublenadouble Member Posts: 7
    I leased this 2006 Chrylser Pacifica Touring on November 6th from Larchmont Chrysler in New York. Even though I did a once over throughoutthe vehicle, these are the issues I've found one day after taking it home and the responses I got from the sales person.

11/6/06: I spoke with the salesman today and these were his responses the following issues.

1) Heated seat not working in second row seat behind driver's seat.
    RESPONSE: Call Service Dept. for an appointment and let them know this problem was like that before I took it home.

2) Second row seats do not tumble from 3rd row

RESPONSE: Try again and use the latch

3) Car veers to the right on any type of road; I think a re-alignment may be necesary because the tires look fine.
    RESPONSE: Call Service Dept. for an appointment to check it out.

4) I want to use my iPod with the AUX input but getting the stereo set to AUX is almost impossible. It seems able to only switch to AUX sometimes if cables are plugged in to the RCA jacks; AUX mode works but only after repeatedly pressing the mode button and hopefully getting lucky (Owner's Manual p.224 & 225)
    RESPONSE: Try using the 88.x FM station to get AUX input (He said this even though I told the salesman that I'm not using an FM transmitter)
    I am feeling you. I have been pushed and pulled around by Chrysler and the Dodge place where I purchased it. You need to go to The Better Business Bureau online and file a complaint on the dealership and Chrysler may be if enough people complain we will get something accomplished because these cars are LEMONS!!!!! They sold me on this ar that it was a mercedez well if it is I would never pay the money for a mercedez!!! Let me know how it goes!
    11/24/06: I got my Pacifica to the Dealer's service department and here's the report.

1) Heated seat not working in second row seat behind driver's seat.
    SERVICE DEPT: Reconnected loose harness wiring under seat and it's working now.

2) Second row seats do not tumble from 3rd row
    MYSELF: I tried this myself on the second row seat behind the passenger front seat and it works fine though the issue was with the second row seat behind the driver. Could not test it because of an installed baby seat which is a pain to remove once in place.

3) Car veers to the right on any type of road; I think a re-alignment may be necessary because the tires look fine.
    SERVICE DEPT: They checked and adjusted the tire pressure. The problem seems to have been fixed. I'll be sure over the next week or so.

4) I want to use my iPod with the AUX input but getting the stereo set to AUX is almost impossible. It seems able to only switch to AUX sometimes if cables are plugged in to the RCA jacks; AUX mode works but only after repeatedly pressing the mode button and hopefully getting lucky (Owner's Manual p.224 & 225)
    SERVICE DEPT: They reset the radio and controls and it seems to work.

Final Thoughts: So far, so good.
  • billwfriendbillwfriend Member Posts: 44
    Help me decide on engine choice, and 2nd/3rd row seating configuration please!!!

Come the end of April 07, I'll be turning in my leased 04 Honda Odyssey and am 90% certain I'll be finding a used 05 Pacifica to purchase. (I'd be hard to decline an AWD Dodge Magnum if one were available and within my price range!)

I rented a Touring edition Pacifica back in May on business, and enjoyed driving it over a week.

Come April, my kids will be 3.5 and 1.5, so this will be the people moving vehicle in my household. The wife wants the bench seat in the 2nd row, so she can hop back there to sit in between and tend the kids while on long trips. I'd rather have the 3 rows of seating for when/if we have 6 people in the vehicle heading to football games. Is it difficult for a slender wife to hop back to the 3rd row of seats to tend to kids sitting in the 2nd row?

Also, is there really any MPG difference between the 210hp 3.8 engine vs the 250hp 3.5 engine? I don't need a hot rod, just a comfortable family wagon/van for $14k come April.

I live in Wisconsin, so while all-wheel drive would be nice, it's not necessary. I've been fine with fwd for the past 2.5 years.

I've seen every combo of engine, drivetrain, and seating configurations available on autotrader, but I'd like recommendations from you current Pacifica owners.

(I've ruled out the outdated domestic minivans, the foreign are too expensive, I don't like my 04 Odyssey enough to buy, and I'd like to give my wife a little luxury, which the Pacifica exudes when not in the shop)

Thanks!
  • vic_vinylevic_vinyle Member Posts: 34
    Put the kids in the second row and install a DVD player.

The third row can be a little tight for an adult for longer trips.

Or..put the kids in the third row and have her sit in the second one.
    my wife has sat back in the 3rd row and tended to our baby in the 2nd row (she'll sit in the 3rd row if, for instance, we have her parents in the car: me driving, father next to me, mother behind me, baby in carseat next to her, so my wife in the 3rd row).

I would suggest a FWD 3.5. I don't believe you will see any mileage difference between the 3.8 and 3.5, so you might as well get the better engine. You will, however, see a big mileage difference between AWD and FWD, so if you don't need AWD, then don't get it. I wish we had opted for FWD myself. This 18 mpg is just harsh. (i averaged 22-23 in a FWD Pacifica loaner I had.)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    Ditto gbrozen. Definitely go with the 3rd row seats. It is one of the primary aspects that makes the Pacifica so unique. One child in the 3rd row, the other in the second with your wife if she feels she needs to be back there. When using the 3rd row seats, be sure to disable the easy-exit feature for the driver's seat, if your vehicle is equiped with it. Adjust the second row seats as far forward as possible while still being able to fold up without hitting the front seats. The front passenger seat may have to be brought further forward than normal also. This way the 3rd row has maximum legroom and entry and exit it easier. I have gotten no complaints from 3rd row passengers when we have six in my Pacifica. All the trips with six, however, were under an hour.
    Well as you can see from my posts I have not been happy with my 2004 Pacifia and Chrysler nor the Dealership will make it good but I cab say it is luxuary for the price but the seat is hard to get ajusted comfortably and we have been having major mechanical issues since day one with it so I guess you have to decide from luxuary or dependability and I think the bench seat is the best for the second row because we have the console and it is useless!!!!! Also the rear air or heat doesn;t work properly!
  • billwfriendbillwfriend Member Posts: 44
    Thanks all of for your imput so far! With forward facing childseats, I think we could make the 6 seater work, as my nimble wife could hop between the seats, over the console, to get to the way back.

I think I'll rule out the smaller engine then. Resale value always seems greatly affected by engine choice.

I fully understand that the 2004's have the usual new model issues, which is why I'll be looking at used 2005-2006 models. And since so many are coming off rental lots, the massive 24mos depretiation makes getting a used one for $14k a reality come April.

I guess I'll be looking at the Touring model then... how's the seat comfort of the 2 styles of cloth seats vs the leather???

Thanks again!
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    The 2005 cloth is extremely fluffy and nice. I love touching it. The 2006 cloth is a crappy plastic surface, Garbage Motors style.

The leather is leather. I freezes your rear end in winter, and burns it in the summer. Then it cracks.
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    I've had my new Pacifica for a whopping 5 days now. A few things to report. The new 4.0 liter V-6 and 6 speed Autostick work very well. My first tank with a mix of highway and in-town driving yielded 20 MPG. The second tank which was exclusively highway yielded 23.5 MPG. The more impressive part was those figures reflected average speeds of 75-85 mph traveling Interstate between PA and VA. YES..I did drive more modestly for the first 200 miles and first tank.
    I reported on the buying experience in the "Prices" section and have been pleased with the follow thru by the 5 Star dealer. I have mud flaps and a foglight kit on order which should be in and installed sometime next week. They've already offered the use of a loaner for that work.
    Best wishes in 2007...
  • bwgourmetbwgourmet Member Posts: 1
    I got my 2006 Pacifica back in April and have really enjoyed it. It rides so smoothly, and I love the stereo system, and the seats are very comfortable. Everything works well. I did have a problem with the antilock brakes right from the start though they made a weird noise when you went down hill especially. When the recall came up for the fuel injection controller, I took it in and asked them about the brakes. They said that the back rotar was warped so they replaced it. Not it seems to be fine.

Today, I tried parking it in my garage and my husband has the garage so full that I barely scraped the right door. So, now I'm trying to find if there is a rubber part you can order to put on the outside of the door that runs from the front to the back. Also, I was amazed that the Limited edition didn't come standard with Splash Guards, my car does get filthy quickly. Also, how do you order touch up paint for your vehicle?

Regards from Sammamish Washington :)
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    I believe that touch up paint should be available through your dealer--or any Chrysler Corporation dealer. I'd encourage you to pick some up. The paint I had for my Intrepid--even though I kept it inside--did not last long in the tube. That being said it wasn't terribly expensive as I recall. Less than $10 for a standard "touch up" tube.
    I'm having foglights and molded splash guards installed next week at the dealer. They had to be ordered. When you pick up your touch up you might inquiry about splash guards. I was quoted $90 installed for 4.
  • tice2tice2 Member Posts: 2
    Last week I bought a 2006 Touring. We love the car and got a great deal - 6K under invoice. When test driving - we noticed a bit of shimmy in the steering wheel. The car appeared to have sat on the lot for quite a bit of time - dirty, stained appearance, - so my thinking is that the tires had compressed / decompressed with the climate changes. I went ahead and bought this model with the expectation that they would rebalance and rotate the tires. Instead, when I brought the car back to dealer to get this work done - they put new tires and pull wheels from other 2006 model (Bridgestones vs. original Michelin) - without my consulatation. :mad: . I picked up the car and told them that I do not accept a change in the tire brand and want the exact same model of Michelin's -- which they are doing. But the troublesome part was that in high speed breaking (70mph), it still slightly "shimmy's" in the steering wheel and some on the break pedal. Seeing that this car only has 100 miles on it - I'm very concerned that they are going to machine the rotors on a brand new set of brakes, instead of replacing since all under warranty. Wondering if I should be concerned - if there is any recourse (ie requesting a different pacifica, since only 1 week old - requesting new rotors). I'm a little gunshy right now w/ this particular car - seeing that its been in the shop for 4 days out of the 1st week. Looking for feedback.. :confuse: by the way - I've owned 3 Chryslers - 2005 PT Cruiser - 97 Pacifica and now this one. Nothing but good fortune, that is until this mishap
  • tice2tice2 Member Posts: 2
    Last week I bought a 2006 Touring. We love the car and got a great deal - 6K under invoice. When test driving - we noticed a bit of shimmy in the steering wheel. The car appeared to have sat on the lot for quite a bit of time - dirty, stained appearance, - so my thinking is that the tires had compressed / decompressed with the climate changes. I went ahead and bought this model with the expectation that they would rebalance and rotate the tires. Instead, when I brought the car back to dealer to get this work done - they put new tires and pull wheels from other 2006 model (Bridgestones vs. original Michelin) - without my consulatation. . I picked up the car and told them that I do not accept a change in the tire brand and want the exact same model of Michelin's -- which they are doing. But the troublesome part was that in high speed breaking (70mph), it still slightly "shimmy's" in the steering wheel and some on the break pedal. Seeing that this car only has 100 miles on it - I'm very concerned that they are going to machine the rotors on a brand new set of brakes, instead of replacing since all under warranty. Wondering if I should be concerned - if there is any recourse (ie requesting a different pacifica, since only 1 week old - requesting new rotors). I'm a little gunshy right now w/ this particular car - seeing that its been in the shop for 4 days out of the 1st week. Looking for feedback.. by the way - I've owned 3 Chryslers - 2005 PT Cruiser - 97 T and C (140K miles and running very strong) and now a 2006 Pac. Nothing but good fortune, that is until this mishap
  • tee10tee10 Member Posts: 10
    Vehicle: 2005 Pacifica, 1 owner, 75,000 miles

Issues: Front end shimmy when braking.

It did it when it was brand new and this only gets worse with time. Dealer says it is caused by warped rotors and wants to turn the rotors and charge big bucks. I know they weren't warped when new and have talked to other Pacifica owners who experience the same phenomenon.

Interior Suction with rear windows down. We laughed about this at first and found it to be really strange. With the rear windows down and driving over 40mph the interior pressure drops drastically and will even suck open your eardrums. We use this method to drain water from our ears after swimming- works great. Come drive in the car...It'll suck your ears clean of water!!

Rear Tire wear: scuffing- tire shoppes tell me it os wearing like it needs new struts. New struts wont fix it, On the third set and the tires continue to wear that way and even after a 4-wheel alignment and new struts.

Gas milage: started out at about 18 which bothered me. It has gotten better with age. At 75,000 miles it now gets 23-24 mph and still climbing.

Advice: Get the lower engine shroud raplaced while in warranty, it has been re-engineered to stay put. If you have the leather steering wheel, get a cover to protect it otherwise the surface will wear quickly.

Other than that, I love the car, it's fun to drive and is very responsive. I like driving fast and have been know to go over 100 from time to time. This car handles it great but cuts out after 112mph (by design). The transmission shifts extremely smooth and engine starts great in extremely cold conditions.

I have had no major repairs. Not even brakes yet. Tires are a whole different story. The Michelen MXV4's sell for over 200.00 each, but you'd do well to bite the bullet and not "go cheap" on the tires.
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    I just purcahsed a 2007 AWD Limited. Car is LOADED except nav system. Had a sticker of $37k. I paid $28k. So far soo good, although had a tire loosing air due to bad valve. Dealer replaced at 11 pm for me.

Funny, sort of, to see people paying this price for much lesser models years ago. I guess it pays to buy late in a model history.

The car rides exceptional well and the kids love it. MPG has been OK. Kills you in town, but have been getting over posted on the highway. 23 - 25 mpg is commone.
    You have the same deal i had with my 2006 awd pac. 0% for 27 mths? I had a tire loosing air too but I was never told what the problem was. I agree, the Pac is great and I still haven't decided if I will purchase my Pac after the lease or give it back and get the current model at the end of the year for the same deal. Great car.
    No. I did not lease. Since I bought a 2007, the lease would have been pretty horrible. I did not use 0% as I took greater rebates instead. At the end of the day, I did better because the rebate was $5500 which I would have lost with the 0%. Plus, it keeps my liability lower. In other words, if I decided to sell it in 3 years, I would owe $5500 less.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    With the 08 pacifica being the end of the Pacifica's do you think this will bring down the trade in values?

farout
    I don't really think so. I guess you could look at that a few different ways. For one thing, when they come out with a revised, improved model, that certainly kills the resale unless in situations where a vehicle goes really upscale. Such as if they were to roll out a 2009 and increase the price point by $10k....that would be good. At least with the model being killed, I think it is pretty neutral as far as resale goes.

Most likely Chrysler will replace the line with something else and call it something else.

I am just glad that I paid $8 - 9K below invoice....at least it minimizes the damages.
    I didn't realize the '08 Pacifica's will \be the last. Where online can I find out more about this?
    I simply found out from the dealer. I am not sure where Chrysler would publish this info.
    nadouble: You can go to www.allpar.com and you can read about the new Dodge Journey mini nimi van. The journey has much of the nice things we like about the pacifica. It is being amde in Tolucia, Mexico on a Avenger platform that is 4" longer, and has seating much like the Pacifica. The same plant makes the PT Cruiser, which is to be changed in 09. Look for the Journey in Sept or Oct. of 08.
    I am not sure if the Windsor Plant will add some other vehicle to replace the loss of making the Pacifica, at present the Caravan and Town and Country are made at Windsor.
    By the way www.allpar.com had lots of good information.

Have a very marry Christmas, and remember HE is the reason for the day we call Christmas.

farout
  • waggs1waggs1 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a 2008 Pacifica Touring Signature vehicle in Dec 07. We immediately started smelling what seemed to be oil burning on a manifold. I went to the Dealership and they told me it was just the new oils burning of the engine and exhaust parts which was normal. Well when it reached 400 miles and still was smelling I returned and was told the same story. Then at 900 returned again and they finally took it in and discovered the axel was leaking gear oil and needed a Gasket replaced which they did and the warranty covered it. However I still can vegley smeel it we now have 1900 miles. We also have discovered everytime it rains we have a puddle of water on the passenger floor. It is now back for the second time to try to have that fixed so we are currently waiting to hear what caused it and if it is fixed so hoping it ends here.
    I've seen this once or twice on new cars and it turned out to be the windshield seal. I also hope this is the end of your build defects.

Depending on where the oil ended up, this could take a very long time for the smell to go away.

If it were me, I would crawl under the car and spray a degreaser liberally wherever there is oil and then rinse it. The dealer might do it for you.
  • spnsrspnsr Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I are going to be having our 3rd kid and needed a third row seat and my wife is 100% against mini-vans, so with the current gas prices the Pacifica looked like a better choice than Durango. I bought a 2007 Touring FWD and have been very happy with it. It has averaged 24 - 26 MPG on the highway which is as good as our much smaller Saturn Vue got. My wife loved the Vue and was not sure about me buying this Chrysler, but now that she has driven it I can't get it away from her. I have got better than 200,000 miles on other Chrysler/Dodgesand I hope to keep this one around that long.
    My only design complaint with the PAC is that the third row is a bit hard to access. We have the second row captains chairs, and I think having a bench makes more sense if you have three kids.

We downsized from a Suburban and am still getting use to the smaller space.
  • spnsrspnsr Member Posts: 3
    I agree about the second row captains make it impossible to haul three children and cargo (Luggage, X-mas presents, etc.) like a car with trunk, but I don't have to hear any "He/She is touching me!" Also, we are lucky are oldest is 5 so he can get in and out on his own but not too fit. The passenger space is limited in that back row.
    well, to be fair, its not "impossible." We've done it. Thankfully the 3rd row is a 50/50 split, so 2 people in the captains chairs, 1 in the back, and half the 3rd row folded for cargo ... not alot of cargo, but enough for our stroller, baby bag, and wedding gifts.

• greginwagreginwa Member Posts: 3
    Except it rides and drives more like a typical SUV and the styling leaves much to be desired.
    A few months ago we bought a left over '07 Limited AWD with everything on it. We could not be happier. It rides and handles superbly. The gas milage is respectable at 25 hwy and 18 city. Actually better than expected. This is my 6th Chrysler and nothing about it makes me want to change logos. my '95 Concorde has 300,000 on it and still uses no oil. The least I have ever gotten out of a Chrysler was 175,000. To bad this is the last year for the Pacifica :cry: . Hopefully the Journey is not the only thing they could come up with to take it's place in the market.
  • djagdjag Member Posts: 39
    I had an 05 leased and after looking at the options (Edge-MXK;GMC;Buick) decided on the Pacifica. I like the looks and design much better than those I mentioned (boxy and bad economy) and drove I believe the 08 is quieter and smoother and faster and better economy. Also it had a sticker of 39k and I bought it for 29K. The 4.0 and 6 spd makes it a much better performer than the 05. Too bad Chrysler stopped making the only model designed jointly with MB. The NY Times said the Pac an the 300 are the best cars Chrysler made. I just hope all the Big Three can survive so the lifetime warranty is good.
    The Limited was hard to find as they all sold out quickly in Jan.
    diag: Inthe midwest there is a fairly good supply of the Limited PAC's. The Pac was still being Made up until May. Arifleet still lists the PAC on the production schedule, but with no information on ordering, which is odd. The PAC would normally have been dropped from the list when new production restarted up on July 21st.
    Actually MB had very little to do with the PAC. I have read some on this forum thought MD designed the engine and trans. But the 4.0 L engine is basicly the 3.5 L thats been refined, and the trans. is made by Borg Warner.
    I believe the Pac 2007 & 08 with the 4.0 l engine and the 6 speed auto trans is one of the best very best vehicles Chrysler has ever built. The Chrysler 300 is also real nice as well. The Pac is the largest cars that was built in 07 & 08.
    What king of fuel mileage do you get? That's the part we are amazed at, we have gotten as high as 28 mpg but just puttsing around town its 21 to 23 mpg. Heck that's great as far as we are concerned. Heck, the Chevy Aveo only gets 25 mpg in that Korean tin can.

farout
  • mtjc521mtjc521 Member Posts: 26
    What did you pay a few months ago for the 07 Pac Limited AWD? Thanks for any help, and pls post it in the "prices paid" forum.
    I bought my 2007 PAC Limited AWD in Dec. It had a $36k+ MSRP and I paid something like $27k+. I don't remember the exact details, but I know it was around $9k under sticker.
    Ours listed for a touch over $37,000, and we paid just under $28,000. I feel we got a very good deal. Of course we have been dealing with Murray Motors for years.
    The last Pacifica was build at the Canadian plant in December 2007. None made in 2008. The suspension is from the previousl MB Eclass and the drive train was designed by MB. The tranny is the same as the Cclass.
    djaq: How does one find out this information? On www.airflees.com/ they showed PAC production into May 08. It may be they just left the spot filled. I called Chrysler Customer Care and they say they can not give out that information. I appreciate your help.

farout
    djag: I spend some time calling a dealership that sold a lot of PAC's and it took them only a short time to confirm what you have said. The people at the dealership were supprised as well. So you are right on! The information I got before was from a trusted person who is a parts man at a 5 Star dealer, he clearly got it wrong. Thank you for correcting me! I am always able to be corrected, and I sure thank you! How do you get your information? Thanks again!

farout
    I tried to order a limited in Feb and was told by the dealer that none were made in 2008 and I would have to find one on a dealers lot if i could. Arrigo Chrysler is the largest in the US and is here in Florida and they couldn't get me one.
  • tgraves59tgraves59 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my 2004 Pacifica(Light Almond Pearl Metallic in color) last November(2007) with 67k, have 78k now . I have no complaints to date. Appears previous owner( one owner vehicle) took care of the vehicle. I had my reservations purchasing a used vehicle, but so far so good.
    Tim
  • nehemi426nehemi426 Member Posts: 3
    :sick: my 2007 pacifica 4.0 six speed with 28000 today give up, the transmission broke, always shift hard, the dealer chek before and they say was normal. please guys loock for this problems, I have other pacifica's before, great suv, love, but 2007 with the new transmission is bad!!!! last pacifica I buy, sorry...
  • wozwoz Member Posts: 3
    I just traded in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (an excellent vehicle) for a 2007 Pacifica Limited with Nav and 12996 miles. What a car! Very roomy, comfortable, and quiet riding car.
    So far, gas mileage on the EVIC is approx 18, much better than the 14 of the GC.

I have the Cognac Crystal Clear Coat and it is beautiful, especially accented by the chrome 19" wheels.

The A/C is one of the best I've had...ice cold!

I think the Nav screen is hard to see in sunlight, unlike my GC and my other car, a 2007 VW Passat Wagon with Sport Package and Nav. The Pacifica nav svreen should be brighter (even though I have it on Max).

I haven't had it a week yet but I am smitten with it.

I was able to get a
    woz: glad you are happy with your PAC. We have an 07 Pac Touring AWD. Very seldom do we get lower than 22 mpg. We have gotten as bad as 18.5 and as high as 28 mpg, by actual miles driven divided by the gallong. The EVIC is pretty much accurate.

The only issue to watch for is a chugging or as the experts say a "shudder" in the transmission. This happend at 1500 to 2000 in 6th gear. This is resolved by replacing the torque converter. The factory does this free if you discover this. The factories warranty is good until 36,000 miles.

We bought ours new on August 31, 2007, and we now have 48,000 miles on it. We are very pleased with the Pac.

There are a few on this forum that had Chrysler buy back their Pac's because of the transmission shudder. But by far most like their PAC's a lot.

If you are using the 89 octane fuel, you will find that 87 will works just as well. The power of the 4. L engine and the 6 speed auto are a really great combination, and we have never wanted more that this puts out. We have had V-8 engines that were gutless in comparison.

We had purchased a 2007 Jeep Compass $X$ and it was a DOG. Very poor mpg like 22 at the most and fit and finish was beyond poor. We traded it in after 5 months and less than 10,000 miles. The Pac was everything we have wanted and more.

I hope this has helped some, and you enjoy your ride.

jfarout