Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

PT Cruiser Audio & Entertainment System Questions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Have a little static in your PT? Or have you come across a killer stereo system that everyone should know about? Talk about your audio & entertainment options and problems in this discussion.

Comments

• tdullaghantdullaghan Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2001 PT Cruiser in which the radio has been replaced two times by the dealer and has now failed again. This time it failed after a battery replacement. Other times it just simply failed as we were driving along. Yellow lights on the sliding adjustments on the left side of the radio blink, so I assume it is getting power. Has any one else experienced similar problems? The car only has 50K miles on it.
  • fcazalasfcazalas Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 PT Cruiser purchased at the end of April 2004 with 2 miles on the odometer when I test drove it. Within 3 days of purchasing the car, the cd player began to randomly stop working. With a cd inserted and playing, if you parked then re-started the vehicle, the cd player may or may not work. Symptoms are always the same: no errors appear on the screen and clock will not display. The track number of the track that was playing when you turned the car off displays along with four dashed lines. The cd will not eject and will not play. You can use the "seek" button to scroll through the track numbers (and it recognizes the correct number of tracks for the cd that is inserted) but will not play and if you stop on a track other than the one it was on when you turned the car off, 45 seconds later, it will jump back to the track number display of the song that was playing when the car was turned off, but still will not play. If you turn the car off then back on, the cd player will then start working (at least until you turn the car off again). When this occurs, the "eject" button makes the radio start playing. The dealer has replaced the cd player about 10-12 times now and each one does the same thing within hours or days of being replaced. I have wasted many, many hours and lost a lot of time from work dealing with the service department on this. There have been other problems with the vehicle (resolved fairly quickly) but the ongoing problem with the cd player, I am ready to get rid of this vehicle. The door locks also randomly make a loud mechanical noise which the service adviser has said is probably an actuator, but they will not/have not done anything about this because they have not been able to duplicate the sound when they have the car.
  • giseeu2giseeu2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2001 PT Cruiser with 8,000 miles on 9-1-2001. I have almost 115,000 miles on it now here in Dec. 2005. I've had radio problems on and off for almost a year now. All my husband does is take the battery cable off overnight then puts it back on the next day. This seems to correct the problem for a couple of months. The yellow lights blink of and off plus it starts scanning radio stations and can't get it to stop. I've taken it to have it looked at but told nothing could be done except for me to buy a new radio.
  • jimzolajimzola Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I saw your message dated Oct 2005 and was wondering if you ever solved your radio problem.. My 01 only has 21K on it and I already replaced the radio.. Now I just replaced the BATTERY and the rradio is out AGAIN.. Only the three buttons blink...

Any help and or information you provide will be appreciated.
    JimZ
  • sally23sally23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2001 PT Cruiser. The radio has been replaced twice. I have been driving since last summer with no working radio! Is this a common problem? My warranty expired in 2005. :cry: can I buy something "different" to replace it?
  • gemsdadgemsdad Member Posts: 1
    hi,does anybody know the make of the radio/cd/cassette player,all mine says is made in france,i need this info to get the radio security code so i can turn it back on after a flat battery,thanks,jon. :mad:
  • tc399tc399 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know where to buy one at a reasonable price? The factory one in my car just tanked.
This discussion has been closed.