Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Real World MPG

Comments

• bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    I could have bought a Honda Fit

...but then you'd have a car that's more fun to drive with better steering and handling, better MPG, better quality (5 Star mechanical quality rating by JD Powers instead of the 2 Stars given for the Versa), more cargo space behind the 2nd row, and more standard safety features...but then you do have a bigger backseat and you have a center armrest. ;)
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Bobw2,

What safety feature does the FIT have over the Versa? Besides the Versa has a higher crash test rating then the FIT. Also if yuo want a go cart, then the FIT if the car for you. The Versa has a better over all ride then the FIT.
  • samncsamnc Member Posts: 44
    What features you think that a Corolla LE do not have compared with Versa 1.8S Automatic?

Mileage comparison with VW is apple comparing with orange. Do you know VW runs on diesel that give good mileage not run on gas. VW runs on gas is extremely poor in mpg and any car of the same size engine can beat VW.

No cruise control on Versa 1.8S, no 6 JBL speakers on Versa 1.8S, no luxury feel inside trim with the 1.8S.

The only good feature that I feel 1.8S is better than Corolla is I feel roomier at the back seats and has a better headroom in the front.
    What safety feature does the FIT have over the Versa?
    standard ABS

The Versa has a better over all ride then the FIT. floaty and unresponsive in comparison

Besides the Versa has a higher crash test rating then the FIT
    Not exactly true: Fit has a 5 star rating for front driver and passenger and the Versa only has a 4 star rating, but the Versa has a better rating for rear passengers...see link:
    http://www.safercar.gov/Index2.cfm
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Perhaps flightnurse was referring to the IIHS crash tests. The Versa is one of the few small cars, indeed one of the few cars of any size, to get all "Good" ratings. The Fit got Good's on front and side impacts but not in the rear. The IIHS front and side tests are more severe than the NHTSA tests, e.g. frontal offset vs. full frontal, and using a bigger and heavier sled on the side tests. Also the IIHS side tests take head injuries into account in the ratings, while the NHTSA tests do not.

But maybe we should stick to real-world fuel economy of the Versa here, as it is the topic of discussion?
  • rennie4rennie4 Member Posts: 55
    I've driven 40-50 miles of mixed driving with the gas light on. I am a college kid who works and have a busy schedule. Sometimes my light comes on when i leave to go to work from home then go to school which is 60 miles and i have absolutely zero minutes to stop. When i fill up. I try to put as much gasoline in my car as possible. I usually put in an extra .8 to a 1 gallon of gas after the first tick ( i slow fill it with very light pressure at the top of the tank). This gives me an extra 30+ miles of driving and about 125 miles for the first 1/4 tank. Last fillup took 11.6 gallons over 360 miles and that includes the extra gallon after the first tick at the pump.This puts me at just over 31mpg of mixed driving, a trip to the airport with about a 20-minute idle time and a beginning driving friend that thinks the pedal always have to go to the floor to move sending my rpms past 4 grand someitimes. 2008 nissan versa HB CVT, 3700 miles, 1 month old. (17 mile delivery mileage). The most gallons i have ever had to put in this car is 12.6 gallons(no money and my job said our checks are in a different state when i went to go pick it up).
    My last tank, 33.6 MPG, I usally can go another 60 miles once my fuel light goes on, I havent pushed it past that, but the most I have put in my tank is 12.6 gallons. I'm sure there is at least 80 miles when the light comes on.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    That makes no sense at all. So, the light would have come on earlier instead. Stuffing more gas in doesn't allow you to drive further after the light comes on. The light will still come on when the fuel gets to a certain level.
    Your location when this happens will depend on the driving you did after the fill up and it won't necessarily be in a more convenient location if it comes on 15 miles later.
    You are risking problems filling the tank beyond the manufacturer's recommended fill level and some of the gas will be wasted in the hose or recirculated back into the station's tanks.
    How big is the tank?
  • reepreep Member Posts: 2
    The subject of Versa MPG is quite extensive. Some of my associates have actually conducted a survey among current Versa owners and IMO the results are quite interesting. Here is a link to the results of that survey: link title
  • reepreep Member Posts: 2
  • daniknightdaniknight Member Posts: 15
    I've had my Versa SL HB CVT for 2 months now. It has about 2500 miles on it and this is my mpg so far...

in order, filled soon after idiot light went on, stopped at pump click-off. (the least I put in was 9.9 gal, the most was 11.2 gal)

30.2, 29.1 - mostly town/city, some highway

32.8, 34.7, 36.4 - mostly highway, some town/city

34.9 - about half highway, half town/city

I'm pretty happy with the numbers so far and VERY happy with the car. In all ways (including mpg), it has met or exceeded my expectations and I like it a lot more than the Focus I had.
    I saw your link and MPG, which seems about right when I first got my car, but in the last 10 tanks, I have averaged about 32.. The best was 35.7 but the one thing I have noticed is, I never go past 12 gallon on my fill up. I have all of my receipts for this past year and I was amazed at that.. My Versa has been getting better mileage as the miles roll on the car..
  • hbfeverhbfever Member Posts: 13
    My Versa is a 6-speed SL HB with just over 4000 miles on it. All of my driving is stop & go city driving.

My MPG has been "improving" over the last 3 fill-ups. I have finally achieved over 300 miles per tank. I am regularly getting 310-315. Which is a marked improvement from the 280 I was getting. I am filling up the tank to right around 12.3 gallons each time.

I was one of those that purchased the Versa under the impression of getting close to 30 in the city. As much as I would LOVE to touch the 350 miles that some of you are getting, reaching 300 is reason enough to celebrate. Hopefully, efficiency will continue to improve.

280/12.3=22.76 MPG
    315/12.3= 25.6 MPG
    Yes as the mileage adds up so will your MPG, I have noticed that when I had my Versa..
  • emtytunesemtytunes Member Posts: 3
    The window sticker said 30mpg city and 34mpg Highway.
    I am averaging 27.93MPG highway. Less than the “City” estimate. Ninety Five Percent of my driving is on highway. I commute 5 days a week 105 miles a day.
    I bought the Versa for the fuel economy factor mostly. Because of my daily drive and the price of fuel these days.
    I sold my 97 Honda Civic, (that still gets 37MPG), so I could buy the Versa. But the mileage is disappointing.
    I drive the Versa in the same manner as I drove the Civic. (moderately - 75MPH)
    Almost all highway miles.

I notice that when I am in 6th gear the Tachometer reads:
    65mph – 3000RPM
    at 70mph - 3300RPM
    at 75mph – 3500RPM

I have been checking other people’s tachometer readings at 65 mph and find that
    They usually run around 2000 to 2200RPM at 65 mph.

I feel that the 6th gear ratio must be too low or there is a “chip” that needs attention……?

Versa Mileage 9-14-07 thru 11-28-07

See chart below

DATE .......... MILES........GALLONS...... MILEAGE

9-14-07..........209.8..........7.53...............27.86
    9-21-07..........328.1 ........11.487............28.56
    9-24-07..........130.2..........4.11..............31.6778
    9-26-07......... 203.3.........7.898.............25.74
    9-28-07..........231.4.........8.081.............28.63
    10-1-07..........143.8.........5.617.............25.6
    10-2-07..........111.8.........2.867.............38.99 ***
    10-3-07..........101.8.........5.118.............19.89 ***
    10-5-07..........100.9.........3.254.............31.00
    10-8-07..........104.4.........5.043.............20.701
    10-10-07.........149.6........5.123.............29.201
    10-11-07.........108.7........3.201.............33.958 **
    10-23-07.........214.8........7.214.............29.775 **
    10-24-07.........101.2........5.347.............18.926 **
    10-26-07..........231.9........8.485.............27.33
    10-29-07..........157.9........5.538.............28.515
    11-1-07............308.0.......10.468 ............29.423
    11-5-07............237.3........7.683.............30.866
    11-7-07............201.5........6.728.............29.949
    11-9-07........... 233.7........8.771.............26.646
    11-12-07.........123.8.........4.186.............29.574
    11-14-07..........205.7........6.797.............30.263
    11-16-07..........232.2........8.072.............28.766
    11-26-07..........229.7........8.648.............26.203
    11-28-07..........205.6........7.641.............26.907

totals: 4607.1 164.907 27.9375
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The RPM figures you cite agree with my observations on my 6-speed, although the definition of "moderately" being 75mph is something I'd tend to disagree with. Most of the time on the highway I'll be cruising in the 65 mph range and in the summer I was getting about 33 mpg on long highway trips. Since the switch to winter formulations at the pump that's off slightly, but even in my daily driving I'm getting 30 mpg.

Highhest I've gotten has just scratched 35 mpg and that was with paying careful attention on a long trip and not pushing too hard, trying to see what I could squeeze out of it.

I agree that compared with other cars, including my 2001 5-speed Altima, the top gear feels like it could be a bit higher (or as my daughter says a 7th gear wouldn't hurt :) )
    But driving conditions and styles are certainly major factors in the mileage performance of any car.
  • pulgopulgo Member Posts: 400
    I had several different Versas over a 1 month period while the dealership was investigating and fixing a misterious noise in my 2007 Sentra S.

I did not have the chance to drive a manual as loaner cars by the dealership were all automatics. I had 3 different cars, 2 with the four speed auto and 1 (loaned to me twice) with the CVT.

I never achieved less than 34 MPG for the entire week and got as much as 37 MPG on my commute to work. The commute was 50% highway and a very heavy traffic 50% city. Each way the commute is 40 miles and it takes between 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Average speeds between 27 and 35 miles per hour.

The one difference with your commute is that I never exceed 100 KPH (aprox. 62 miles per hour).

Try reducing your speed and you will see a big improvement in mileage.
    lol....I guess 75 is a little more than moderate but out there on US 75 between Okmulgee and Tulsa most of them are traveling 80 or better.....
    I think you are right about driving conditions and style and I probably do need to slow down and I think the mileage would improve considerably. But I wanted a car that was like the 97 Civic 1.6L 5 speed manual
    I dorve 75mph in it........A/C on everyday...even in the winter for the drying effect....stereo goin'.....lights on ......etc...and still got 36-37 mpg consistantly........drivin' on the same highway--gettin gas at the same gas station -- motor was a 1.6L and the versa is a 1.8L but I didn't think it would make that much difference......My wifes 08 Altima gets 32mpg..2.5L
    The dealer is trying to tell me that it will get better mileage after 10,000 miles.......guess we'll see......

Thanks fer yer help
    Yeah I know I should slow down and the mileage would improve considerably.. I guess 75 is a little faster than I should go but out there on US 75 between Okmulgee and Tulsa most of them are traveling 80 or better.....
    I work with a guy that has a 2007 Versa hatchback........It is like mine but he has the automatic transmission....He consistantly gets 36 mpg. he drives at 65mph but his tachometer runs around 2200RPM at 65mph. I think it's weird that an Automatic gets better mileage that a manual ...
    I just wanted a car that was like the 97 Civic 1.6L 5 speed manual
    I dorve 75mph in it........A/C on everyday...even in the winter for the drying effect....stereo goin'.....lights on ......etc...and still got 36-37 mpg consistantly........drivin' on the same highway--gettin gas at the same gas station -- motor was a 1.6L and the versa is a 1.8L but I didn't think it would make that much difference......My wifes 08 Altima gets 32mpg..2.5L

Dang me.....I shoulda kept that car.....278000 miles though.....stuff was gonna start happenin to it...

The Nissan dealer is trying to tell me that it will get better mileage after 10,000 miles.......guess we'll see......

Thanks fer yer help
  • alphabritalphabrit Member Posts: 8
    I noticed when reviewing dealership inventories that acording to their stickers the manual got 31 mpg and the automatic got 32 which I thought very strange if anything it should be the other way round? I got my Versa this past Saturday, living in the country my daily commute averages 100 miles. I got 200 miles on 6 gallons (Manual 6 sp) so roughly 33 mpg, very happy as my truck only gets 13mpg. Will be making a 1100 mile trip this Friday will post the results when I get back after christmas.
    Merry Christmas everyone
  • highmiler650highmiler650 Member Posts: 75
    The overall gearing of the 6 speed is shorter and therefore, at a given speed will turn higher RPMs.

That's why the MPG in a manual Versa will be lower.
  • largemarge3largemarge3 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, perhaps there is something very wrong with my Versa. From what everyone is saying the gas mileage for most Versa's seems pretty decent. I had a Sentra, 15 yr old Sentra, which got pretty good gas mileage, 30 US miles per gallon city driving. The Versa I now have is standard (just like the Sentra), I'm doing the very same driving that I did with the Sentra but I get 21 miles per gallon city driving. :lemon:
  • lanny2lanny2 Member Posts: 11
    My Versa has about 4500 miles on it and my mileage is about 23 city. The longest trip I took was 300 each way, all highway, and my mileage was about 27. I traded my 2000 VW jetta that got an average of 32. The car drives good, but if I knew the mileage was this bad I would have never got this car.
  • alphabritalphabrit Member Posts: 8
    Aha! Thank you Highmiler, that makes sense.
    I just drove 2,140 to be with family for Christmas, adhering to manufacterers recommendations I kept it under 4,000 rpm for the first 1200 miles. Even then I maintained speeds between 65-70 as much of it was nighttime interstate, With four people, luggage and a dog I got 36 mpg, still can't believe it! South Texas to Northern Arizona on $83!!!! After driving a Dodge Ram V8 for years I am ecstatic.
    Does anybody know anything about the Highlander removable roof racks? They are made by Cequent who also make Drawtite hitches, would like to know the pros & cons before ordering one for my kayak. :)
    A 1992 Sentra weighs around 2100 pounds.

A 2007 Versa weighs about 2700 to 2800 pounds, due to the larger dimensions and safety equipment older cars were not mandated to have.

That is like driving your 1992 Sentra fully loaded all the time and it must cause higher fuel consumption.
  • worldenginesworldengines Member Posts: 3
    I have an 07 Versa S Hatchback automatic with approx. 16,000 miles. The mileage has dropped radically since early November; the most recent tank around town was a whopping 16 and a freeway trip yesterday, at 70-75, netted only 23. Anyone else see similar low numbers? Any guesses why? It's running absolutely normally, with no dash lights indicating problems.
    A lot of factors in the winter can affect mileage negative, but that seems to be a big drop off which would indicate something is going on.

I was just on a long trip over the weekend and my S with 6-speed got 34 mpg for the tank it took to get 4 adult sized folks home.
  • buckssisbuckssis Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 red Nissan Versa S with about 2500 miles on it. Purchased in August 2006. My last couple of fill ups have averaged a whopping 15 mpg. I am now dealing with Nissan and the dealership I bought my car from has it again to check mileage. Nissan says they have never had any complaints. Has anyone else ever contacted Nissan direct regarding there mileage? I drive my car on average 10 miles a day in town. Other than this small problem I really enjoy my new car.
    Driving an average of 10 miles a day in town, I'm not sure what kind of mileage you should expect, but I would guess the number would be on the lower end of what I'd expect. Heck, during the cold months it takes between 2 and 3 miles before my cold engine light goes off.
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    I have a 2007 red Nissan Versa S with about 2500 miles on it. Purchased in August 2006. My last couple of fill ups have averaged a whopping 15 mpg. I am now dealing with Nissan and the dealership I bought my car from has it again to check mileage. Nissan says they have never had any complaints. Has anyone else ever contacted Nissan direct regarding there mileage? I drive my car on average 10 miles a day in town. Other than this small problem I really enjoy my new car.

Not knowing your driving conditions, no one can make an effective comparision, but it does sound low for a car like the Versa. My commute is 6 miles each way, and I usually drive my Subaru Forester in winter. Yet, I get 22 miles per gallon doing that. Then again, it is mostly a highway setting, so if I drove in pure city streets, I bet the Subie would get middle teens at its best.

What are your driving conditions like, other than the distance?
    I have an 07 Versa S Hatchback automatic with approx. 16,000 miles. The mileage has dropped radically since early November; the most recent tank around town was a whopping 16 and a freeway trip yesterday, at 70-75, netted only 23. Anyone else see similar low numbers? Any guesses why? It's running absolutely normally, with no dash lights indicating problems.

Yes, the local commute has been so short that it never warms up, so I wrote that off to just running rich while cold. The 16 mpg tank was longer trips, 10-25 miles, so the car did warm up. And the 23 mpg freeway trip was to exchange the Versa for our Camry. Going from Orange County, CA to San Luis Obispo with the Versa got 23; the return trip in the 4-cyl 1998 Camry got 33. The Versa's AC was on in the early morning only to keep the windows defrosted. The Camry's AC was on for about 50% of the return trip because the day warmed up.
    I see. I am wondering whether your Versa's O2 sensors are possible culprits. If they are not functioning properly, the mixture can stay on the rich side, no matter how well warmed-up your car is. Your MPG is low. Our 2.5 L AWD Forester being driven in Minnesota in the snow gets just about the same mileage as your Versa, and yet, as I noted above, my commute is only 6 miles each way. You are in southern California, and your trips are longer than mine. Something has to give. I would say take it to the dealership and have them check the fuel-air mix, if nothing else, in order to eliminate faulty O2 sensors as a cause.
    Sounds like good advice - thanks. I know something's not right, as my Avalon gets 28-30 on the same freeway trip, and low 20s around town.
  • russvagtrussvagt Member Posts: 5
    Yep I too along with MOST all you other Versa owner bought the car for the MPG and I cannot get close to the window candy they posted for it.
    date miles gal total mi on car mpg
    7/27/2007 188 6.373 8341 29.50
    8/3/2007 265 9.887 8604 26.80
    8/12/2007 332.4 11.537 8936 28.81
    8/22/2007 287 11.402 9223 25.17
    8/28/2007 266 9.171 9489 29.00
    8/31/2007 131.8 5.02 9621 26.25
    9/10/2007 293.7 11.403 9915 25.76
    9/22/2007 304 11.964 10219 25.41
    9/30/2007 291.5 9.023 10476 32.31
    10/21/2007 256 9.429 10963 27.15
    10/29/2007 304.8 11.397 11267 26.74
    11/6/2007 286.4 11.859 11554 24.15
    11/20/2007 262.1 11.34 11816 23.11
    11/29/2007 201 9.259 12018 21.71
    12/9/2007 271.4 10.009 12289 27.12
    12/16/2007 98.1 6.41 12387 15.30
    12/24/2007 266.4 11.365 12654 23.44

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
    I would say that most Versa owners do not maximize the MPG potential of this car.

I have had three different Versas over a 5 week period while my other car was being serviced. I drove over 2k miles oin that time (August and September) and never got less than 32 MPG and quite a few times exceeded 36 MPG.

My commute is 40 miles each way, 50% highway and 50% stop and go. Typically it takes me 80 to 90 minutes to get to work and the average speeds are between 25 to 30 MPH.

If we assume 15% worse mileage in winter, that would still mean 27.2 to 30.6 MPG.

My 2007 Sentra 2.0. S, that is heavier and has a slightly larger engine is achieving no less than 31MPG and as much as 42 MPG (the week after Christmas with reduced traffic).

The secret? Try to flow with the traffic, don't accelerate briskly. The less you have to brake the better you are driving. All of this without aggravating other drivers, of course!
  • winkie733winkie733 Member Posts: 14
    I have an 07 Versa SL sedan with CVT auto. after 3400 miles i get only 22 mpg consistently. i do combo driving, some high speed and some in-town. i get gas after the low-gas indicator comes on, usually @ 260 miles, and fill it up with @ 11.7 gallons of gas. i am very disappointed in the mileage, especially after reading all the blogs where the average hovers around 29-30 mpg. Is it an O2 sensor problem. Your thoughts?
    What I would like to mention to anyone who, regardless of what car they drive, is experiencing what appears to be a below average mileage is the following test.

Fill up your car right before a freeway/highway ramp. Then go straight onto the freeway/highway, and drive for at least one, preferably two hours without stopping, and at a legal speed limit if that is safe to do. Set the cruise control if you have one. Then get off the freeway/highway and immediately head for a gas station. Fill your car up. Check the gas mileage.

If your MPG number is still low despite trying this, then your car may actually be having a problem for which you should engage the dealership. If your number after this test looks pretty good, then it is likely that your driving conditions, including your driving style, are what is giving you a poor MPG in other settings.

The whole point of the above is to control the driving environment in such a way that you can maximize the gas mileage. You would have a stronger case for a mechicanical cause if, despite driving under a near-ideal condition, your car still gets a poor MPG.
    Something's GOT to be wrong with your car.

I have an 07 Versa HB with CVT and am at 3600 miles. My lowest mpg was 29 and my highest has been 36. My most recent tank, after mostly city driving, was 33. I was quite pleased with that one.

I do believe driving style can affect mpg (as so can terrain) but I can't see how that could make it as low as 22!.
    Given the wrong ingredients, the Versa (or any small car) can get a low mileage. I was once stuck in a Tokyo traffic for eight hours during which I moved only 50 miles. I can guarantee you that a Versa or Fit or Yaris or whatever would have gotten 22 MPG or lower in the same traffic that I was in.

Wrong ingredients can involve driving styles, but also other elements like traffic conditions, type of gas you use (does it contain ethanol), ambient temperature, etc.

But if you do not have such adverse ingredients, you have to suspect the car. That is why it is important to test your car's mileage in an optimum condition such as the one I described above to see whether that makes any difference.
    Oh I agree that now and then you will get poor mpg due to this or that, but for him to get 22mpg consistently, I would think something's got to be wrong there.
  • longo2longo2 Member Posts: 347
    I too have a Versa that sucks gas like and old farm truck, and am taking it in this week for an air/fuel mix test to see if there is anything out of whack...

It has given us bad gas milage from day one, so perhaps there is something the dealership can find/fix.
    Now here comes the "but" I don't think anything they will find will explain why this car's little 1800 cc engine can't be giving EVERYONE who drives off in one, amazing MPG's.

I am now thinking the Versa engine is TOO small, and they made a mistake not putting in a bigger one, like the 2 ltr engine in the Sentra...to add credence to that thought, there is this comment from this board..

"And the 23 mpg freeway trip was to exchange the Versa for our Camry. Going from Orange County, CA to San Luis Obispo with the Versa got 23; the return trip in the 4-cyl 1998 Camry got 33."
    I just took mine back to the dealer for its 3500 mile service and complained about the poor mileage. All they said was there was nothing wrong with the O2 sensor, and to keep my speed down and avoid fast starts. I have been using the cruise control on I95, keeping it at 60mph. So far, i've got 100 miles out of the first quarter tank, which seems to be an improvement. On my last tank of gas I got 25, which is a slight improvement, and am hoping this tank will get even better. i'll let you know.
  • yeddoyeddo Member Posts: 20
    All I know is that my mileage improved after about 7500 miles. In the city (combination rush hour and regular driving), I'm getting between 26 or 27 mpg consistently.
  • flipsterflipster Member Posts: 1
    Hey Russvagt,
    I share your frustration. Same problem or real vs announced mileage (in l/100km). I went to my dealership and he told me to wait 5000kms (have a 2008 versa hatchback manual 6 speeds in Canada) and everything should be in order. Between you, me and the fence post, this is BS to highest level considering the present blog.

Just noticed something interesting this morning. On the Nissan US website, mileage has been revised to 26/31 mpg (city/hwy) http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/specifications-hatchback.html
    where for the same car in Canada the mileage is 36/45 mpg http://www.nissan.ca/en/buying/configure/default.asp?modelCode=B5LG58#topOfPage

GO FIGURE!..I am going until 5000kms are reached and then it's Court time if they do not want to take the car back.
    Just noticed something interesting this morning. On the Nissan US website, mileage has been revised to 26/31 mpg (city/hwy) http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/specifications-hatchback.html

EPA has revised its gas mileage testing protocol, and as a result of what they claim is a more realistic set of testing modes, the mileage figures for virtually all cars have gone down. This is not Nissan's consipiracy or anything like that, and the company is merely showing what EPA has rated under the new testing system:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ratings2008.shtml
    May be the difference in the MPG is because in Canada imperial gallons are used (4.546 liters per gallon) and in the US it is 3.785 liters per gallon, don't you think?
    Besides, every country's authority has its own method of testing the fuel efficiency, and comparing the mileage across national borders is not apples to apples and therefore not really meaningful.
    Hi fellow Versa owners. I now have over 4,000 miles on my '07 Versa sedan (auto with CVT). I have modified my driving habits by using cruise control on highways, keeping it at or under 60mph, avoiding quick starts and keeping tires inflated to @35 psi. I still can't break the 26 mpg barrier. My last fill up was 25.7 i think. This is very frustrating as the fuel estimates at fuelecomony.gov average mid 28 mpg. I'm starting to regret not buying the Civic.
  • buckssisbuckssis Member Posts: 2
    I have a regional Rep from Nissan.
    And once again I have to take my car to yet another dealer for a fuel consumption test.
    Nissan is telling me I am the only person complaining about the gas mileage problem.
    My car has tested fine on all diagnostic tests and yet I can't seem to get more than 15 mpg city.