Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Tires Wheels and Sensors

123457»

Comments

• capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    If the noise is getting worse, you need to look at the alignment. A misaligned vehicle can start off noisy and it will always get worse.

Just an FYI, the published alignment specs for most vehicles is too wide by half. The setting need to be within the inner half of the tolerance.

Also, anything more than 1° camber is problematic - regardless of what the spec is. It looks like Honda specifies more than a degree in the rear.

And lastly, regular rotation of tires is essential to keep irregular wear from forming. Irregular wear can come out as either noise or vibration (or both) With a degree of rear camber, it is quite likely that the rear tires have developed irregular wear.

So try rotating the tires as a diagnostic procedure. If the noise changes, then you have alignment issues.
  • joan42joan42 Member Posts: 1
    I had my winter tires installed at the dealer yesterday. Two tires had to be replaced & were put on the back of my vehicle(2004 Honda CRV). New tires were not balanced. Everything seemed to be OK until I went to pass another vehicle. When I hit 100km/hr the front end & steering wheel started to vibrate. At 105 the vibration was much worse & scary enough that I slowed down & pulled off the highway. On a straight & flat stretch of highway @80km/hr, I took my hands off the steering wheel & my vehicle immediately veered to the right. At that speed the vibration was barely noticeable. I had also tried this on the way to the dealer to have the tires changed over. There was no vibration or veering even at higher speeds. When I contacted the dealer today they told me I needed an alignment. It doesn't make sense.
  • capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    I think it is standard procedure to balance new tires when they are installed. What makes you think they didn't?

Which end of the vehicle is the vibration coming from? Steering wheel = front, seat = rear.

Regardless, go back to where you bought the tires and tell them about the vibration. If it's the new tires, then they should replace them free of charge. But it is is the front (old) tires, then it might be irregular wear - and that will require replacing the tires.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The Continentals on my '11 were better OEM than the Bridgestone Dueler H/L on my 04 (the latter seemed to get flats easy as it aged). Neither went 25K. Two months ago I made that very change to my '11. In my opinion the Michelin Defenders not only ride quieter, but they ride better. Less jiggle on highway imperfections. They rate well on Tire Rack for snow and wet, but I haven't experienced that yet. The Conti's actually weren't all that bad in weather either, but the prior Bridgestone's on my 04 sucked in it. The Michelin cost a bit more, but I'm betting they'll last much longer and more than make up the initial price differential. Sometimes you get what you pay for I think!