Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Powerstroke Diesel Problems

1181920212224»

Comments

• redstar2redstar2 Member Posts: 7
    I would still say you have an injector stuck in the open position
  • hangtownjimhangtownjim Member Posts: 1
    Do I have a water separator on my 1995 7.3?

I changed my fuel filter and still get a hesitation once in a while.

Thank you Jim
  • martinedwardsmartinedwards Member Posts: 1
    how did you know that was the problem ?
    thanks
    martinedwards
    I replaced the wiring harness under both rocker covers, replaced the fuel Pressure regulator, it ran better, but one day just stopped running. Sent it to a great diesel repair shop in Stanhope NJ "American Coachwerks" Sorry I Cheated"
  • ray154ray154 Member Posts: 1
    hola tengo una ford 350 de el 1999 el unico problema es que en la cabina suena una pequeña alarma como cuando uno no se abrocha el cinturon pero con los cinturones abrochados la alrma continua suena y deja de sonar por un largo periodo y buelve no se que sea no se enciende ninguna luz en el tablero gracias por su ayuda
  • eileen12eileen12 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at 2008 - 2009 F-450. while I was looking I noticed several attorneys advertisements about helping people sue for these. has the problem been fixed or should I look at different trucks like gmc or dodge. I do not know how to work on them like all you guys out there. but they sure are my favorite as far as the looks and I heard the are the best to tow. which is what i need.
  • powerstrockedpowerstrocked Member Posts: 1
    I have worked on many diesel and have owned 4 ford diesels... but depending on how many miles your truck has it will always smoke it will just smoke more the more miles there are.
  • pistonpinpistonpin Member Posts: 3
    You may try your dads computer in your truck. If symptom is fixed you know what to do. If problem is still there then check circuits for open or shorts.
  • pistonpinpistonpin Member Posts: 3
    Does a rering job on injectors work if injector tests good? Is it worth the time or should i redo injectors?
  • kchuculatekchuculate Member Posts: 2
    I realize this is a few yrs old but, have you checked your fuel pressure regulator? That was our problem 25 bucks and 1 hr total time.
    It was corrosion under the fuse box. But thank you for your response
  • rob277rob277 Member Posts: 1
    I have an o4 f350 6.0 diesel . Been nothing but problems since brand new. Ford did heads at 80,000 miles Replaced egr cooler last yr with new one seams to have gone again . or maybe head gaskets Did test at Ford for 200 dollars and they say the heads are bad. I dont trust them tho. . They want 7000 dollars to fix. I tested it again my self measuring the air bubbles with and without turbo hooked up and that test suggests that the egr cooler is gone again.. Got test on you tube. Now Iam not sure as I am not a diesel mechanic.