Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Rabbit Test Drive Reports

2»

Comments

• jimbob1975jimbob1975 Member Posts: 9
    Any opinions on how good the Rabbit is for long-distance commuting (55-60 miles round-trip) and for extended road trips?
  • donwwdonww Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my Rabbit in April 08. Since that time, every once in a while on accelerating from a stop the revs will drop to idle even while the accelerator is depressed. After 2 to 5 seconds the car accelerates normally. This has caused some anxious moments as I enter traffic. My dealer does not find this happening when test driving because it only happens once in a while. Does anyone know anything of this problem or have any suggestions? The problem occured during the summer so is not related to a very cold engine however it only seems to happen on first starting out.

DONWW
  • driveinalongdriveinalong Member Posts: 7
    Have not experienced the drop-to-idle issue - 5M Rabbit June 08, now with 4,500 miles.

Manual or auto transmission?
  • rgrantedrgranted Member Posts: 1
    hiya. would love to know what other drivers of the 2 door rabbit (2007) feel re; steering. when on a freeway do you continually have to correct steering i.e tweak it slightly when going in a straight line. not used to this as felt it was easier when i had my golf in the u.k. are the rabbits slightly different for u.s driving to those in europe?
This discussion has been closed.