Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Navigator

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Your mileage should level out to at least 13 mpg after it gets enough data tabulated to make an average calculation, but of course, your mileage may vary depending upon 1000 variables. If you get it out of the city, it'll do better than that. Absolutely love mine, despite the gas prices today, and will likely buy another one when this lease is up. Nobody is making anything yet that I even consider comparable yet in the SUV world. Oh, sorry about the snowball. My first Navigator (99) was black. That's why this one is White.......
  • njbaran99njbaran99 Member Posts: 69
    Had the Blimish looked at today and it turned out to be a Egg not my previous thought of a snowball.

Can you believe, the Navi was 2 friggin' days old and some idiot kid throws an egg at it.

Had it estimated, $295 to respray the right fender which I passed on. Way too new. As the dealer had to fix a small scratch on the rear lift gate, the guy attempted to repair the Egg Hit and it came out somewhat. Oh well!

I got the Daytime Running Lamps working today. Think it helps with seeing the beast during the day. I get the Rear View Camera and DVD Play on the Front Nav on Monday. Will report it's operation.
    I chatted with a buddy of mine at work today as he bought a used 5K Miles Eddie Bauer Expedition. I suspect he paid somewhat in the high 30's. Made me stop and think if a Navi is worth an extra $10K, assuming a loaded Eddie Bauer Expedition would go for the Low $40's. Did anyone else consider an Expedition and what was your deciding factor to go with the Navi?

I ran a KBB Used Car Trade on a 2003 Navi w/ 24K Miles and a comparable 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition 24K Miles and the difference on trade is $7450, so maybe there is a market different, at least I hope.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Depends on your priorities. The Nav has a much nicer interior, better suspension, better tranny, etc.

Look at and drive both - if you still like the Expy then go for it and save the money. But don't be surprised if you prefer the Nav even with the price premium.
    The bottom line is, you can get an EB that will do almost everything the Nav will do except the power running boards, I think - but the Navigator interior is unique. If you are like me, the interior is important because it's where I live. How the car drives and how it looks and feels inside are #1 & 2, and that make the Nav worth the extra bucks for me. If those priorities are lower for you, the EB will do the job, and save some money.
    Should have mentioned this, but I bought the Navi and we were comparing after the fact.

As I have 3 little ones, I went for the 2nd Row Bench, as my little guys (all boys, 1 is on they way) do not need a Center Console and with 3, would have required me to put one in the back all the time. For me, I wanted the passenger seating.

Since we only have 2 boys now, I put the center 2nd row seat down, which makes a nice carpented table for their toys (they are 2 1/2 and 6 yrs old).

I gave up the deployable running boards, as you can't have those with the 2nd Row 40/20/40, but in all honesty, when I test drove one with the Deployable running boards, for me (i'm 6') not needing them, the actually got in my way as they are much bigger to step over.

I drove the Expedition a month or so back and it felt too trucky to me where the Navi does.

Now, since I bought, I hope I can afford to drive with the forecast on gas prices. Yikers.
  • navigator22navigator22 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Navigator with Power Seats but not Heated. I have acquired Heated/AC seats from the same model year. Does anyone know if these are compatible? I called the local Ford dealer and they said I need a module for the dash and need to run tubes from the Heat and A/C and the wiring goes on to the tail lights, etc and it could be upwards of $1500 to install. From my research, these are self contained units and most likely only need electrical hookups, but I'm not sure if I need a new harness or not. If you know anything about these types of seats and if they can be interchanged at a reasonable cost, let me know.
  • luvbarnabyluvbarnaby Member Posts: 1
    HI! I just want to thank you for your many recent posts! We are undecided between an Escalade and a Navigator. Your input has helped me... especially sharing your pricing info. Did you consider the Escalade when you were looking?
  • clk55clk55 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a 05 Navi... How did you get such a great deal?? Is the gas mileage getting any better?
    Yes, I considered an Escalade when I traded my 99 Navigator for my 03 Navigator - but Cadillac was still so far behind on the features, there was no comparison. All Cadillac has to offer as an advantage is the more powerful engine. If that's priority #1, get the Escalade. But the Lincoln has plenty of power for my needs, I've never needed more than it gives me, even when towing. The power folding 3rd seats are a main priority for me. Even today, I was shopping for routine stuff, and came across a large TV on sale. Picked one up while I was there on impulse. Since I have the Navigator, I just folded down the 3rd row seats with 2 power buttons, and the big box went right in. Had I bought the Escalade, I would have had to either go home, get rid of the back seats, and return to the store for the TV, or leave the seats at the store, and take the TV home and come back for the seats. That convenience alone is worth everything else put together to make the decision to get the Navigator for me. Other features also add to the list though, including the Air Conditioned front seats, the power running boards, the independent rear suspension, the 3 Valve OHC Engine, the Power Liftgate. The Navigator has a ton of features the Escalade just hasn't come up to date with yet - other than that 6L engine.

I just got back from a 3 day trip to Death Valley, traveling 750 miles on roads that Navigator really should ever be taken on probably. I shook the doors off that truck on the worst washboard roads I've ever been on for hundreds of miles, seeing every inch of that national park for 2 days like a mule would. When we were done, and back on the highway to come home, the truck settled right back on the highway, as solid, quiet and perfect as ever, without a rattle, squeak or malfunction, like all that shaking, jarring and bouncing ever happened.

I'm telling you, this truck is built Ford Tough. I highly recommend it.
  • motoman44motoman44 Member Posts: 6
    I two have had two Navigators. If you are going to have any problems with a car it should be a Navigator. The service department is the nicest I have ever seen. I have only been in for services and one ride height sensor but they always act like I own the place.
    Also Toyota has Consumer Reports in their back pocket. Noone ever mentioned the HUGE sludge problem that Toyota had with every v6 they made in the late 90s or the fact that EVERYONE who uses a tundra for hard work tears up the transmission. YOU WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT THESE THINGS.

I LOVE MY NAVIGATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will buy an 07 with the next body style change.
    As I think I mentioned above, my 05' Navi MSRP'ed at $64K Ultimate, with Monoton Pkg, Two Prep, HID, Rear Entertainment and 2nd Row Bench, so no Deployable Running Boards, as they are fixed. My negotiated price was $52K. I think it started out as $52,500, but found out that I qualified for X-Plan Pricing thru Ford Partners and with re-work of the deal saved another $500. The Deal is essentially Invoice Less Rebates, and maybe a few more bucks off. Go deal, I hope so, but with Gas heading the $3 a gallon, I suspect incentives may improve.

MPG, seems to be getting better, 2nd tank was about 11.4 MPG in the CIty and I do mean City, not much open road at all, so yes, it seems to be improving.

Finished all the aftermarket adds, so I better plan to keep this one.

Ford ESP Premium-Care Extended Warranty 6 yr /100 K Miles $50 Deduct
    Ford Regular Maintenenace: 6 yr / 100K
    Dent Armor Policy: 5 Yr / 72K Miles (All Door Dings Repaired for $0 Add'l Cost)
    Protector Plan for 5 Yrs (Paint, Leather, Carpet, Undercoat); I think this helped with the Egg Hit mentioned above
    Alarm with Remote Start (upgrade previous Remote Start to get a Full 2-Way Alarm)
    Daytime Running Lamps
    Rear View Camera; Tied into Nav Screen, also can play Rear DVD on Front Screen
    Clear Bra: Front Leading Edge of car and Lower Rocker Panels Around
    Acccessories: All-Weather Mats, Cargo Tray, and Mud Flaps

Now if I can only afford to drive it.
  • jb7227jb7227 Member Posts: 86
    Well, finally this week I should be picking up my '05 Ultimate - special ordered on January 7th!! Question for njbaran99 - how much $$ for the 6yr/100K extended warranty? I never really considered one before but since I am buying the Nav and not leasing, I may actually keep this one past 50K miles. Also, is the Nav system in the Ultimate DVD based now, or still CD based? I was curious if you have the ability to play DVD's on the Nav screen with the car in Park? Anyone out there equip their Nav with Sirius? If so, and the experience has been positive, I may tell the dealer to put it in before I pick it up. Good move getting the autobond for the front end, I have it with my Aviator and because the front end is upright it catches every rock kicked up from the road! Without the clear bra, one could go broke buying touch up paint.
    I bought the 6 yr/100K $50 Deductible Per Visit for $1865. I compared to Aftermarkets WarrantyByNet and WarrantyDirect and it seemed to be a good deal, since it's Ford Backed.

I also opted for the Full Maintenance for 6 Yr/100K for $1550, as the Navi has a 5K Oil Change Recommendation and 30K Trans Service, plus it covered Belts, Hoses, Brake Pads, Shocks etc.

Navigation is DVD-based with Full Country Coverage, which asked you to select Regions. The Voice Activated Audio/Navigation is pretty cool.

The Navigation Door is on the Right Lower Side of the Console. I did not even think of playing a DVD in it, but I tried it and it does not work. It just asked for the DVD Map.

I did add an aftermarket rear view camera with a NavTV Module that allows both the rear view camera and rear DVD Player to be played on the Nav Screen. I have 2 toggle switches to turn the Aux source as an input and then toggle between Rear Camera and Rear DVD.

I got the Clear Bra on the Leading Edge and most of the Lower Racker Panels and on the Running Boards, as I did get the monotone Appearance Pkg. Also got the upper part of the Rear Bumper and 4" Up the Rear Hatch. Kit Also included the Side View Mirrors. I opted for the 40 Mil Xpel Headlamp and Fog Light Covers. I have a black Navi, so protecting the paint is a key.

If you need any pics of the install, send me an e-mail: njbaran2@comcast.net
    Thanks for the info!! I called my dealer and told him to install the Autobond (clear bra) on the front end and front lower rocker panels (they charged $500). Did you "crunch" the numbers on the 6/100 full maintenance plan? I was trying myself to estimate - since the 1st year of recommended maintenance is free, it would be roughly 15 to 17 oil changes (at $40 per), plus the tranny service ($ ?) (assuming 15,000 miles per year). Is the 15K interval services included as well (tire rotation, lube, etc.)?? I guess if just one of the air shocks go it's worth it!!

Good luck with the ride - it sounds great!! Cant wait ... two more days!!
  • ksspyderksspyder Member Posts: 2
    nj - Tell me about the Daytime Running Lamps? I would like to add them also
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Man, u did it up right.

I like th idea of the rear view camera. Are u saying that not only can u see the camera scene on the Nav screen, but u can see the DVD playing on the rear entertainment center as well? (not at the same time of course:>)

Can u point me to a source for the camera and the NavTV module? Thanks
    The DayTime Running Lamps are an aftermarket adds, as Ford makes a module for the DRLs, but it operates the High Beams, which on the Navi are HID (well, on most). So the Aftermarket Module Runs the High Beams at 75% Intensity, when the Lights aren't on (Auto or By the Switch). One problem is if you keep the Auto Setting with Fogs On (that is how I do it as I like using the Fogs at Night for appearance and ease of seeing the road), the Fog Lights come on when the DRLs are on. I can push the Light Switch In (turn off the Fogs), but then I have to remember to turn them on when it gets dark. Not sure who the manufacture is, but I can try to find out. I live in Chicago and had an aftermarket shop install them.

On the Camera and DVD playing on the Nav Screen, I have 2 Toggle Switches on the lower Console. Toggle 1: Switched Factory Signal (Audio/Navigation) to Aux Inputs (Camera/Rear DVD). Toggle 2: Switches between Rear Camera and Rear DVD. Unlike most Factory Installed Camera, this work all the time, if you prefer, so you can be driving down the road with the Rear-view Camera on. Same for the DVD. I think the front Navigation Screen looks better then the Rear DVD. The NavTV module (has 2 Inputs) is mounted somewhere in the console. All it really is, is a RGB-Sync Switch where the aftermarket shop spliced the NavTV into the signal going to the Nav Screeen . You can still Fast FWD the DVD, if you remember where the TouchScreen Location is, pretty cool. You can only see one source at a time, but the toggles are easy to reach, even for my wife.

I better plan to keep this Navi for a while, as I am sure these add-ons wont' fetch didly when I go to Sell. I have 2 little ones, with a Third on the way, which while the BackUp Sensor sound tones, seeing behind is nice. I have the Camera mounted pretty high inside the Rear Glass, so I pick-up part of the rear Wiper-Blade, but can't see the bumper, maybe 6" from it.

If you want any pics of the above, send me an e-mail at njbaran2@comcast.net.
    I just turned 1100 Miles on the my 2005 Navi Ultimate and per the On-Board Computer, I am getting ~11.4 MPG (mostly city). Is this what others are getting? I am running Mid-grade 89 Octane, given the current gas prices. May run a test with Premium next tank-full.

I am surprises how accurate the On-Board MPG Computer is, it's almost Dead-on. My prior car, a BMW X5 was off by at least 1.0 - 1.5 MPG, stating a higher MPG than actually acheived.

Also, anyone pulling a Camper with the Navi and if so, how much weight and at what Height. I was how much the MPG Suffers while towing.
    First of all, shame on you for running 89 octane in your Nav.... You buy the premium SUV, but are too cheap to pony up for the quality gas for that thoroughbred engine? Makes no sense to me. Maybe you should have got the Expedition. Anyway, I get 13 MPG in town with Premium Shell 91 octane. Incidently, my engineer friends tell me that you'll get your savings back in performance by putting the right grade gas in the engine. I've not tested it in this car, I trust the guys with the engineering degrees, and for the $2 it saves me per week to be cheap, I can handle it.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    I've always heard that you only need to move up to the next grade if you hear knocking. Otherwise, you are wasting money. Both of my Mercedes use premuim so it's not an issue for me.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    If you hear knocking then you need to up the octane to avoid damage, but if your vehicle was tuned to run on 91 octane and you're running lower than that, the computer will retard the timing to compensate which will reduce your power (may or may not be noticeable) and REDUCE YOUR FUEL MILEAGE. So in come cases due to the lower mileage it could be costing you MORE to run the cheaper gas and using premium could actually be cheaper.
    To Date, I have not heard any Knocking from the Engine running 89 Octane.

But Next Tank i will run 93 (can't get 91 in Chicago), and see if there is a difference.

I guess in the grand scheme of think $0.10 a Gallon assuming 15,000 Miles Per Year at say 11.4 MPG, is 1315 Gallons, so that whopping $131.50. It ain't worth it. Assume you get 1/2 MPG better, then it's a wash.

I guess i have to think about it.

What kind of City MPG are folks getting with their Navi with Premium Gas
    On my 2nd tank of fuel with new Nav, first tank (mostly city) computer said 11.8 mpg (premium fuel 91). Halfway thru 2nd tank, about 50-50 mix city/hwy, I am showing mpg of 13.4. Even though salesman said it's OK to use 89, I am going with the 91 for now. Used to be able to get 94 at Sunoco, no longer available around my area.
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    My Nav Ultimate now has just shy of 12,000 miles on it. Around town when my wife drives it dropping kids here and there (she stops the Nav first usually) etc, the computer shows in the 11 mpg range. Yesterday I drove 150-200 miles on 50% 70-80mph roads and ended up at about 15.1 mpg. I was travellin with a friend doing some photography and we did have to get gas once. Around Salinas Ca. Pump price at Shell - $2.96 for premium. I put in the 89 octane at $2.86 for the first time.

My friend pointed out that at $3 gallon, 15 mpg, means that one full George Washington pours out the tailpipe every FIVE MILES and that's just the cost of gas. If it keeps going up, I won't be able to afford to drive the car to work (70 mile round trip = $14 a day to commute!! Again, gas cost only)

Oh and re: the 89 vs 91 octane debate (and BTW, 91 is the best octane rating we can get here in occupied California) I did a long-term (several months) test with my LS. V6 210 hp rated for 91 octane commute car. I do the 70 mile a day commute in this car, it's a nice twisty drive up over a coastal range (1800 feet) and back down. 98% highway door-to-door. My average mpg is 20-24 range. The test was to use 89 octane for a couple weeks, then back to 91, and so on for a few months. I found that with the 89 octane gas I got 5 to 10% BETTER mileage than with the 91 octane. YMMV.
    I did the analysis up top and agree that going the 93 Octane Route for an extra 10 Cents Per Gallon makes sense. Unlike some, we can't get 91 Octane here is Chicago, so the next step up is 93 Octane.

My point is does the 89 vs 91 make that much of a difference. I'll run a take of the 93 through and see the results. A 1/2 MPG makes it a break even, again just for an engineering test.
  • jndcavjndcav Member Posts: 8
    Halfway through second tank of gas and based on what I am reading I appear to be quite lucky with 14mpg. Most of the driving is northern NJ rush hour driving 16 miles one way to work. Only gas used so far is 91 octane I figure if I can afford a $700 plus lease I can pay an extra $2-3 per tank of gas for the 91 octane. Came out of a V-8 LS which in the winter months was only averaging about 17.5.

Has anyone experienced any problems with the Navigator, I read some very positive and negative reviews about the vehicle. So far this vehicle has not exhibited any of the problems my last LS had I hope it stays that way.
    I have an 03 - my problems have been minor. Power train have been fantastic. I just love how it runs. I do have a Door Ajar issue at the moment that I'm going to have to take it in for. I have a squeak in the steering wheel. Little stuff like that. Nothing major. 27000 great performing miles so far.
  • bigobigo Member Posts: 22
    Personally i feel the Navi is the best american SUV in the market today, sure it dosent have the 6.0L in the Escalade or the Denali, but aside from that they lack the refinement of the Navi, and the Navi's 5.4 liter is all you will ever need. 300 hrps is enough. i feel the Escalade, is to big and just looks tacky dosent look as luxuries as the Navi. The Denali its a nice looking car, but the size its huge and also lack refinement in and out of the Navigators, well let me know wat you guys think about this.
    well, I bought the Navi vs the Escalade and GMC.

My personal feeling is the Escalade and Yukon looked to much like the suburban, knowing of course the Navi is just an Expedition, but with much more noticable refinement.

The Escalade and Yukon do come in the extended rear-base, but those things are HUGE.

Also, if you value to rear cargo. Navi has fold-down seats whereas Escalade and Yukon, you have to remove them.

Got my Navi for about $12K off MSRP, so overall, an okay deal for th $$$.
    Since the new Expedition will have an extended model to replace the Excursion, it's likely the Navigator will also get it. Of course that's at least a year or two away (if not more).

A much better option than the Excursion IMO.
    Well, according the Edmunds Future Vechicle:

What Edmunds.com Says: Lincoln needs this version of the Navigator to score big in order to stay competitive with Cadillac's Escalade that's also scheduled for a redesign soon.

What We Know: Ford will be completely redesigning the Lincoln Navigator, alongside the Expedition, for the 2007 model year. With GM's segment leading Escalade headed for a redesign soon, Lincoln will have to step up to the plate with a fresh design and more luxurious interior to stay competitive. A long-wheelbase version may be added as well. The Navigator will continue to be built at Michigan Truck in Wayne, Michigan, where it is scheduled to roll off the assembly line in the fall of 2006.

Under the Lincoln Navi, its just says Navi gets an Update, which I Presume is the same as the Expedition. Just wonder if they will bring the Long Rear-Base in the Navi.

The thing is a behemouth as it stands now.

No updates planned for 2006
  • ANT14ANT14 Member Posts: 2,687
    "With GM's segment leading Escalade headed for a redesign soon, Lincoln will have to step up to the plate with a fresh design and more luxurious interior to stay competitive."

Segment leading Escalade? Step up to the plate...fresh design and more luxurious interior to stay competitive...

To the Escalade?? Has Edmunds really seen the inside of one of those things to make them say the Lincoln needs to be more luxurious to be competitive?? Maybe to the Lexus LX470, but the Escalade? Hello ??!!

It's based on one of the oldest platforms in that segment. With old-tech OHV engines, and 4 speed automatic while the Lincoln has a 6 speed automatic with 3V OHC V8. The interior is totally different from that of the Expy it's based on. While Caddy dressed up the Yukon with some wood appliques. And Newsflash, GM Isn't totally redesigning that platform till 2008.

The Lincoln offers power fold flat rear seating, power running boards, etc. Items not found on the Escalade... So the Navi isn't short on luxury or ammenities.

And next newflash, there won't be an Extended Navi....

To stay competitive to the Escalade...? Bah.... Rediculous... :surprise:
    Remember these are the same people that didn't understand how having a slightly different stroke changes the displacement of an engine. In a review they said Ford couldn't make up their minds as to whether the LS/S-type engine was a 3.9L (LS) or 4.0 (S-type). I explained that the S-type had a 1mm longer stroke which is why it was a 4.0 as opposed to a 3.9. Their answer was something along the lines of "why would that make a difference"?

Nuff said.
  • leroybrown71leroybrown71 Member Posts: 26
    Hi.
    Thinking about getting a Nav Ultimate real soon, few questions though. I've heard bits of pieces of the 05 being Bluetooth equipped - is it or is it not?
    Also, what rebates are going on right now?
    How about leasing - do the rebates apply to the leases? I'm still deciding between a purchase & a lease, not sure which way I want to go yet.
    I'm looking at a 4x2 Ultimate with power running boards.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Please feel free to Contact Us. Meanwhile, let's stick with the topic.

tidester, host
    I have a 2005 Navi and BlueTooth Option is not offered.
    I've been told it'll be available in the 07 redesign.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    The all-new 2007 Escalade is coming out very early next year (2006). They're going to start building most of the new full-size GM SUV's late this year, and have them on the lots for sale by Jan. 1, 2006. Thus, the 2006 models, which are identical to the current ones, will have a short run.

Not much is known still, but for the Escalade, Granite interior trimmings and 400-hp+ should be instore. Still retains the same basic layout underneath as now, though, meaning a solid rear axle stays, and the outside dimensions (and shape) are VERY similar. Think about how the new C6 Vette compares to last year's C5 and you won't be far off--evolution, not revolution.
    if I wanna pull my house somewhere I guess - but I don't want to feed it going to work. Not at these prices. Not sure that's a great idear, General. So no new features otherwise - I'm not surprised.
    With about 1300 miles on Nav Ultimate, mileage is pretty steady (around 13.8-14 city, 14.5 highway). Surprisingly, the mileage is unchanged from my 04 Aviator. Considering the Nav is about 700 lbs heavier, not too bad!! This truck rides like a Town Car - and my wife has found the power tailgate very helpful (especially with a 2 year old). We had 7 adults in the truck last week for a 30 mile ride - no complaints. Quality is excellent.
    How are you measuring the Mileage, on the computer?

We are still getting mid-11's on our 05' Navi Ultimate with ~2K Miles.
    Just to make sure the computer wasnt "padding" the mileage, I did measure it the old fashioned way (or as accurately as it can be measured) - and it came out to 13.7 in about 70% city miles.
    My computer has been giving me a 13.5 mpg message in the city consistently - so I think the computer is pretty accurate. I have 28,090 on the truck.
    Rented an 05 for a 4 day visit to New Mexico. Compared to my 03, the engine and transmission are quite different. The 6 speed makes this truck spunky off the line. l note the shift selector is now drive by wire.-Don't know about the throttle, couldn't detect any hesitation. The Satellite radio is a nice integration, if you care about that kind of thing. Mostly, the truck is tight, rattle free and quality oozes out it. Not a lot of change, bot I like what I saw. It also seems to get about 1 more mpg than the old one did.
  • cochesecochese Member Posts: 19
    it is a dealer installed option that works flawlessly through the nav screen. they install a small pad next to the shifter, and it integreats into the car well. it is called mobile-ease and is about $300 plus install.
    Wow, that is pretty cool.

You mentioned it works with the Nav Screen, does that mean you can store numbers in the address book anc call them up?

ALso, does this allow for Handsfree Operation to talk through the Cars Microphone (Voice Recognition) and have the Phone call receiver played through the stereo?

Do you do a Dealer install or do it yourself? If Dealer, how much did it cost?

Thanks!
  • cochesecochese Member Posts: 19
    actually you can save 50 voice recognized names and three numbers for each one. You can also dial by voice. The memory is through the bluetooth system not the nav screen. The system adds a microphone to the pod next to the overhead light switch. When the system gets a call, it mutes the stereo, and shows the phone is ringing on the screen. The volume on the steering wheel controls the phone volume. Yes the other party is heard through the stereo speakers.

The dealer would not install it. It is a really easy install, but I had Best Buy install it while they were doing my headrest video screens.
    Have you guys seen the Today show where they are tracking have 3 families traveling cross country in 3 Vehicles, tabulating Gas Usage. The vehicles are a 2005 Navi - Ultimate, Midsize Honda and a Toyota Prius. From LA to Cleveland, the Navi used $410, Hone was $250 and the Prius in the $155 Range. Navi is getting 17 MPG Per Mile (mostly Highway).

The asked the Navi driver, who typically drives a minivan is the cost of the gas is worth the Navi ride and to no surprise see said absolutely, given the comfort of the Navi.

Interesting test. The Navi is definitely a road vehicle.
  • darvv1ndarvv1n Member Posts: 5
    The 2006 navigators have hit,no big changes except black interior will be offered, different chrome wheels will be offered and on the monotone package the exhaust pipe is changed as well