Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mainstream Large Sedans Comparison

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    I am actually 1 year into a 3 year lease. I didn't get an exact quote, but when I told them the lease I was getting on the Avalon the dealer said he couldn't match it and the car was almost 4K less than the Avalon. He suggested I buy it. It was the same thing with the Lucerne, same MSRP significantly higher lease payment all things being equal. The residual value of the Avalon is better than either the Azera or Lucerne which will yield a better lease, unless the manufacturer is giving an insanely low money factor.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    surprises me that in your case anyway, that it is costing you LESS to drive the Avalon, a testimony to the effects of higher resale values as it relates to higher initial costs. Just think, you could have paid more to drive that GMarquis monthly and at the gas station! ;)
  • altazeraaltazera Member Posts: 51
    "Was not aware of the Azera 'quality' issues that you mention as this has yet to be reflected in any reliability ratings that I know of - "

The poor suspension is showing up in many of the drive test reviews I have read on the internet.

It is a nice highway car, but I don't recommend it for driving around town or anywhere there is rough or uneven pavement.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    The poor suspension is showing up in many of the drive test reviews I have read on the internet.

Please share.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    Puhleeeze, there are no "poor suspension" on any but some of the early 06 Azera's, other than the occasional lemon which any model may have.

It is not a sports sedan, but will handle virtually any task asked of it. It is great around town and handles bad roads better than most cars I have ever had, including audis, bimmers, and an avalon. At speed (at least 130+ for me) it rides/handles decently. It is not a "floater".

If you are looking for a sports sedan the size of an Azera, about the ONLY car even close in price would be the Avalon Touring and it is considerably higher in price. I am tired of sports sedan lovers nitpicking the Azera since it isn't intended to fill that niche. Now with the coming Genesis, that may be a different story.
  • batistabatista Member Posts: 159
    The DC SOHC 250HP all aluminum engine debuted in 1999 but the original iron block 3.5L 24 valve is from 1994. So, obviously it won't match Toyota or MB in refinement and willingness to rev. The Toyota 3.5L is only 2 years old and the MB 3.5L is also a couple of years old.
    The GM 3.6L is the closest in terms of newness (2004) and technology compared to the Japanese/German engines.
    that would be one of the few things that would stop me from buying the Azera, it does have a ride closer to a Buick or FTM the Avalon XLS/Ltd.. That is, not however, a 'poor suspension' as perhaps altazera would have you believe - instead it is the way it is designed - providing more of a soft 'luxury' ride. A 'sports sedan' the Azera is not, as many many other cars aren't, but maybe a good suggestion for Hyundai - offer an optional tightened up suspension for those of us that appreciate those kind of things...
    all true - but put that MB 3.5 in the 300 and it would amount to a substantial improvement. Besides the GM 3.6 which has been used for a while in the CTS, there is also the VW 3.6, and the relatively ancient Nissan VQs and Honda SOHC V6s all of which would represent an improvement.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    IMO, if you insist on buying a GM, the only way to do it is one or two years old. You will save a boat load of money. Leasing really can be nuts, cars with higher MSRPs actually costing less per month. I glanced at the M35/M45 leasing board and saw some nice #'s for 45K vehicles. Maybe, Hyundai should do a program on the Azera. I'm thinking $349 a month no money down (probably possible with a really low money factor). Maybe that would get people into the dealership to drive it. Once they drive it you never know.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE:1714
    Brian
    Other than the postings on these forums, I have read nothing of suspension problems in any articles that I have read regarding the Azera.
    I also had a suspension noise on my car, but it mysteriously disappeared after about 7000 to 10000 miles.
    I attributed the noise to out of round tires, that eventually wore to round. I find that in my car the psi must be kept to 30 to achieve the best ride. Even a 2 psi difference is noticeable.
    don't know what percentage of cars 'bought' are actually leased, but I do know that it is becoming increasingly popular and also can make some sense if you happen to be a typical low mileage driver that prefers to keep his/her options open. The problem that I would see in Hyundai (as any of these higher depreciation vehicles), with bought down lease programs is that that also has the effect of reducing resale values much in the same way as up front rebates do. Getting some folks to take a more seriuos look at it, however, good point.
  • batistabatista Member Posts: 159
    Your so called relatively ancient VQ and Honda SOHC V6 have been reworked at least 2 times and that is why they are more competitive.
    The DC 3.5L has stayed the same from 1999 to present day.
    If you compared the 1999 3.0L Honda to the 1999 DC 3.5L you would say the Honda is weak at 200HP/195lb/ft.
    I have driven a 00 Accord V6 and when flooring it my Charger 3.5L sounds as good or better than that engine.
    American car companies don't have the money to improve their product. That is why you still see the 3.8L in some of GM's cars. That is dated from the 50's.
    Your so called relatively ancient VQ and Honda SOHC V6 have been reworked at least 2 times and that is why they are more competitive.
    The DC 3.5L has stayed the same from 1999 to present day

PRECISELY THE PROBLEM - if you start with a solid foundation whether it be the Nissan VQ or the Honda V6, then you can modify it to smoothly and willingly to produce the extra power maybe even with improving FE. A good example of how not to do this would be the much derided Ford DT 3.0 - a reasonably competitive engine in its day, but lagging terribly in future iterations - and not just from a HP standpoint. GM, which lost tens of billions in 05, can develop that 3.6 that, apparently, is very good, Ford can come out with a 'claimed' new DT, and Chrysler is still using a ten year old engine?
    "don't know what percentage of cars 'bought' are actually leased, but I do know that it is becoming increasingly popular and also can make some sense if you happen to be a typical low mileage driver that prefers to keep his/her options open..."

It is interesting that in Canada the Azera is one of the few cars that is not available for leasing! I wonder if this is a hint to its future? The 2006 models are still being advertised in the 2007 brochure

Canadian 2007 hyundai
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    Agree wholeheartedly. I also appreciate a tightened suspension, but the roads around here ( Michigan ) are so poor, that the Azera is absolutely perfect. The Jag X-type we had absolutely crashed into bumps and potholes.
    I also appreciate a tightened suspension
    to me a question of individual taste, what you pick up in 'responsiveness' you trade off for a little more road noise and degraded ride. There really is no perfect balance. My Avalon Touring may be the only Avalon where you can actually 'feel the road', and even it is no sports sedan. There will always be a percentage of the population that I'll call 'the Buick crowd' that reasonably prefer as much isolation as possible. To each, his/her own and not a function necessarily of the Azera/Lucerne, in this case, having suspensions that are too soft, more a function of what the car is designed to be.
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Poor suspension? :surprise:

Where in the world did you ever hear this? The only problem that the suspension ever had was initially on the '06 models when there was the issue of noise coming from the front end when the car would enounter light bumps in the road at lower speeds. I haven't heard of this issue showing up on the '07 models.

Outside of that, the only other thing that can be said of the suspension is that it's softer than that found on the Avalon. Which, for the type of car the Azera is...actually is a perfectly suited suspension. Personally, after driving my Azera for a year, I don't have any issues with the suspension at all.

Poor suspension...yeah, right!
    It is interesting that in Canada the Azera is one of the few cars that is not available for leasing! I wonder if this is a hint to its future?
    maybe makes no sense? If this were true, it would logically indicate to me that Hyundai can't offer competitive lease rates probably due to the low residuals. It doesn't seem possible otherwise because in a good portion of the market these days that is how cars are 'sold', and Hyundai would be 'giving' that portion of their sales to other vehicles. If it really is possible to lease an Avalon for less money than an Azera (or a Buick) as tjc78's experience would indicate - why would anybody pay the extra money to drive either of those cars?
    # 1716 " I am tired of sports sedan lovers nitpicking the Azera since it isn't intended to fill that niche."

For starters, I have never been in a sport sedan! I am comparing the ride (and rattles) of my car to my experience driving the following:

89 Ford F150 2x4 pickup,
    90 Mazda 323,
    97 Plymouth Breeze,
    99 Volvo v70XC
    02 Ford F150 4x4

... neither of which had a clunking, rattling suspension, or faulty tires.

I still like the Azera but get frustrated trying to avoid every pothole, manhole cover, and other road imperfections.

People comparing sedans have a right to this info and can make decisions for themselves!
    You're right, everyone has a right to make comparisons.

However, it would seem your suspension problem is extreme. If you feel a need to avoid potholes, man hole covers and other road imperfections...there's something wrong. I've had my Azera for over a year now and the only time I've felt a need to avoid potholes is to make sure I don't bend my 20" rims.

I've NEVER had an issue with suspension noises when encountering road imperfections at any speed.

Also, out of all the rides you're comparing the Azera too, the trucks are the only ones with a wheelbase that's close to the Azera's. The 323, V70 and the Breeze don't compare in any way to the psuedo-luxury ride of the Azera.

However, based on what some in the forum (that have had front end suspension clunks) have said, try adjusting the air pressure in your tires and maybe even see if the tires are balanced correctly as well.
    to make sure I don't bend my 20" rims.
    you got to be kidding - you put 20" wheels on an Azera? Wow!
    what's standard - 17s and 235/55s?
    you would have to go all the way to something like 255/35s with 20s to keep you speedo etc. close to accurate, and should have cost yourself a little in the smooth ride dept. as well as braking performance, not to mention hideously expensive fast wearing tires. While you are claiming that the Azera is not a 'sports sedan' (which it isn't), you sure are trying to convert it into one?
    It's not the tires. It is something loose. There are significant number of owners trying to solve the problem on this and another forum.. It looks like faulty or poorly installed struts and other front end components. I'm just waiting for my shop manual to arrive before tackling the front end. Shouldn't have to do that with a new car, but that's life.

I'm sure I will eventually get it riding as good as the Volvo, at least. It is already an excellent ride on the highway, aside from the faulty Michelins.
    Since my 07 Azera doesn't have any clunking, rattling suspension, or faulty tires, I agree it is tough for me to make a comparison with what you have. Sorry you got a lemon, but if yours is a late 06 or any 07, I would say you are in the extreme minority.

There has been a lot written about tire pressure and how it apparently affects ride and MPG on Azeras. I suspect this started when Hyundai delivered cars with 40lbs of pressure to prevent flat spotting, and the dealers didn't drop the pressure prior to customer delivery.

This did happen to me, since I actually bought my car within 4 hours of the dealer actually getting it off the truck. The very quick delivery prep was good but not perfect. I also still had the protective plastic cover on my heater display a month after I got it. (It wasn't until I actually was trying to clean it off that I even knew it was even there). The tire pressure was caught and corrected by the dealer the morning after I bought it, when I went back for some stuff out of my old car.

I currently have my tires set at 36lbs. I am getting a slightly rougher ride than at 30lbs., but am getting mileage around 24mpg and I have had it over a 100 a few times (where higher pressure is recommended). I have not checked any extended mpg with my tires inflated to 30, but may give it a try this summer when the heat goes up.

I too try to avoid potholes (but who doesn't, they aren't ideal for any car's suspension, unless you are driving an off road vehicle).

I would encourage any buyer to do a test drive in the vehicle they want to buy. If they want a stiff sport suspension, the Azera is probably not their car (at least not currently). I have driven a Buick Lucerne and the Azera is stiffer than the Buick, but even the Buick doesn't float like the older models.

I also know you can pick up a stiffer Azera suspension package and bushings via the aftermarket. Less than $400 total for both. If you want stiffer, you can get it.
    "I also know you can pick up a stiffer Azera suspension package and bushings via the aftermarket. Less than $400 total for both. If you want stiffer, you can get it."

I don't want stiffer... I just want to get rid of the rattle. Oh and it wasn't there when I test drove it...it showed up after 6,000 km.

It is not a lemon (yet) just bad tires and loose suspension. it won't rattle when I'm done with the torque wrench!
    suspension packages are fine and can serve to stop the leaning and wallowing, but to really improve handling you are going to need some way to get a few hundred pounds off the front wheels to the rear. None of the cars in this group (with the exception of the 300/Charger V6) even approach the even weight distributions required and therefore will never be 'sports sedans' because of the 60%+ of weight over the front wheels and the understeer created by that condition. It didn't appear that the poster involved in this thread was really interested in sacrificing his 'soft' ride, in any case.
    Well...you certainly can't change the spots on the horse, but you can change the saddle you ride in.

Stiffer suspension would improve handling, regardless of the weight distribution. Another thing that helps too...better tires. Other than that, the Azera will never, ever be a sports sedan...it's supposed to be a luxury cruiser. At best, it can be sprightly, but not sporty (handling-wise that is).

Personally, I believe that a stiffer suspension would probably benefit in better take-offs from the line as the car wouldn't dip as much. It would also help eliminate the body roll on curves, along with grippy tires...the car should track nicely. I say that because with my 20" wheel & tire package...my Azera tracks really well in curves (much better than stock).

If a sport sedan is what you desire...the Charger or Maxima would foot the bill nicely!
    remember the pony car craze - stick a big hulking V8 in a 2500 lb. compact car - and then call it a 'sports car'. Except that they weren't. Despite the RWD they still were terribly nose heavy and redefined the term understeer. Ill handling and ill braking contrivances - it's a miracle we survived (and we have any oil reserves left). And even an Avalon or an Azera would outhandle them today and likely even out accelerate them. The TL may be the best example of a FWD car that tries to emulate a true sports sedan, having that tightened up suspension you are talking about, but it fails (it ain't no G35 )- again something about that weight distribution and not to mention the fact that the ride is compromised. The Maxima hasn't been anything approaching a 'sports sedan' for years, the 300 is better although the V6 models lack a bit of power when put into a 4000 lb. car.
    You're absolutely right.

The Maxima is about he most affordable true sports sedan in the way of tuning and set up. It's not designed for luxury, it's not designed for touring...it's designed for sport.

Of all the sedans we've really been talking about...the Maxima really is the one to choose for sport. Like I said, outside of the Charger (which I would take over the 300 for the sport aspect).

When you start getting into the likes of Acura, Infinity and Lexus...well, they have the luxury sport sedans & coupes by default with rear wheel drive.

While tightening the suspesion and putting better treads on it will help improve a couple areas, it is not a fix-all for a sedan that lacks "sport" qualities. It merely improves a point here or there. The point here isn't to make it a sports sedan, just to make it a bit more sporty than it was.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    You directed me to this forum and you are going to make me compare a Hyundai Genesis, to regular cars like the Charger, 300C, Five-Hundred, Avalon, all because it doesn't have a luxury badge ? :confuse:

This is honestly not even a fair comparison and would be a waste of time as no other car being discussed comes close to the features, quality, power, performance of the Genesis. The Genesis, is a BMW 545i without the badge. ;) Come-on Pat, I need a little competition to evaluate the Genesis, against someone who can match up. :confuse:

In this forum it takes the cake without a contender. Can I please move up to at least LPS's to get a challenge ????? :surprise:

Rocky
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It is not a luxury performance sedan, Rocky. It isn't even entry level luxury performance. We've been around this block before - email me if you want to continue, but let's not disrupt this discussion further.
    Captain...you are correct, almost. I'm riding on 245/35-20's. Believe it or not, the softer suspension of the Azera makes up the difference with the lower profile tires. There has been no drop in braking performance at all as the rims I have are a more open design, so more air gets to the brakes. The tires by the way, are an 'H' rated tires and I should get between 40K-50K miles on them.

I am still claiming the Azera not to be a sports sedan and I'm not trying to turn mine into one. I just like the Euro look that I achieved (come by and take a look at the pics). Just because it may LOOK like a sports sedan, doesn't mean I drive it like one.
    rocky - a tad optimistic perhaps - trying to compare a Hyundai product to a BMW - a 545 no less. For a car that is not even in production yet that you have no idea what it will really be, other than on a spec sheet and a few pictures of a concept vehicle. If it turns out to be even half of what you seem to think it is wouldn't belong in this group anyway. Saw an ad on TV yesterday, Hyundai trying to compare the Sonata to a 525 - laughable, IMPO, as your comparison is as well. The day that Hyundai can compete with the BMWs of the world will likely be the day the earth rotates clockwise. They will be better off competing with things like the 300C and the soon to be released RWD GM Holdens. Besides which, the market will never accept a $40k (?) sticker on a Hyundai, even if the car is as good as you and they claim and is indeed 30k cheaper than that BMW - kind of in the same way that anybody willing to spend near $50k on that 525 and is not going to be caught dead in a $20k Sonata. Hyundai has been doing some good things lately, but entry into the 'performance sedan' sweepstakes is likely more than they can handle, or the market is ready for.
    Captain...why is it hard to believe that a Soanta can out accelerate a 5-Series Bimmer? Hyundai isn't stating that the Sonata is better than the 525i, simply that it accelerates better...nothing more. They certainly didn't state it handled better, had better braking or anything else performance related. Just that it accelerates faster and is much less expensive.

Also, like when they were advertising the Azera, stating that it has more interior room than a 525i...okay, so they compared interior space. That does not mean that Hyundai is saying the Azera is better than a 525i.

Folks get too caught up when it comes to comparisons.

My favorite one right now is the Car & Driver comparo where they go around comparing the Ford Fusion w/AWD against the Toyota Camry and a 3rd car. Both of which don't have AWD and we're not even sure if the other two contenders are the v-6 models. Come on now...AWD against FWD!?!? Certainly not a level playing field, but they get away with it.
    the reason for braking performance degradation with oversize wheels/tires, has generally little to do with brake cooling - it is a function of wheel and tire weight and the higher rotating inertia created and suspension loads. In any case, I'm happy that it has apparently worked for you (no problems with wheelwell clearances?), but IMO a dangerous type of thing to do just to get that "Euro" look.

Not too many months ago, caught an Avalon Ltd. on display at a dealer, had a big white dealer add-on on the window to come up with a $48k sticker - most of that money a $8000.00 tire and wheel package (also 20s) that made the car look ridiculous, IMPO. I asked the saleman why they stopped there - why no 'spinners'?!! :D
    the suggestion I get out of that ad we are talking about seems to imply that BMW shoppers should consider a Sonata, a ridiculous suggestion IMPO and something that will never happen. The BMW a car engineered to about the highest standards and only really comparable to some other German products (A6s/Es etc.). Someone out there willing to pay the inflated dollars for something like the 525/530, don't care that something like a Sonata/Azera/Avalon (and many others) can outaccelerate them, they want the 'best' and the badge.
    Well..there is a bit more weight, but not a significant gain that causes any problems. I think the difference may be a few pounds per tire at best. Then again, I don't drive the car like a sports sedan to see if there are any problems.

There are no issues with wheelwell clearances either, I researched all of that before making my purchase as I had to be sure.

Dangerous? What is so dangerous about my wheel upgrade? Oh, I understand...it's not dangerous, just not something YOU would do...which is fine and dandy. Personally, I like making my vehicles unique, but in classy, clean way. I don't want to ride around in a car that looks like someone else's. I'm an individual and my cars reflect that as well.

$8000.00 package...they must've been hitting customers over the head thinking they were idiots. I only paid $1900.00 for my package. I wonder if that Toyota dealership had any takers for that! LMAO For that kind of money...a whole lot can be done to a car when it comes to aftermarket!!! I have yet to break the $3000.00 mark in total upgrades on mine and I've got more than just a wheel and tire package.

To say it looked ridiculous would be a subjective thing. What you may think is hideous, another person may think it's fabulous.
    And maybe the problem here is YOUR perception.

Hyundai stated nothing about quality, nothing about being better, nothing about having higher standards. Simply that the Sonata Limited can out accelerate a BWM 525i and it costs $20K less.

It's left up to the consumer what they want to do. With the increasing number of Sonatas being seen on the road...Hyundai is doing something right!
    allmet- that extra few pounds per wheel can and does make a difference, as you obviously understand. Even not knowing anything about your car in particular, I would guess that your car stopped and rode better when you bought it than it does now and that's despite the extra rubber you obviously put on the road. Why? because that is the way the car was designed and engineered. The 'dangerous' comment is all related to that and the fact that most people that do these things don't do the research necessary to make sure they they are not 'screwing up' their cars, which is possible to easily do. You were obviously careful, that would be good - 'looks' I will grant you are subjective, and yep nobody ever said that dealer pimped autos were anything but rip-offs. ;)
    don't think that this is just MY perception - as I said, the day that having a Hyundai in one's driveway becomes 'fashionable' is the day that the sun rises in the west :) IMPO think that Hyundai is biting off more than they can reasonably chew, but I'm NOT saying that it isn't unfair.
    Sorta like driving after Thanksgiving dinner? Come on man, it's not THAT significant that it creates a performance altering situation. I haven't done any track testing to say that braking from 0-60 is any better or worse with the aftermarket wheel and tire package. I can tell you from an every day driving standpoint that there has been no change in my braking ability, but there has been an increase in my cornering ability, traction on wet surfaces and greater stability at highway speeds.

I do understand your concern for those that just jump out there and make changes to their car without any thought behind what could be affected. I am one that does because I do worry about how my vehicle could be affected and how I can be affected as well.

Do me a favor, stop by my page and take a look at the pics of my car and tell me what you think.
    PS - that CD comparo you are talking about BTW, was paid for and orchestrated BY FORD. Amazing how you can select a group of gullible people (think OJ Simpson), feed them well, layout out a handling course that accentuates the benefits of AWD, and then presto, you get exactly the result you want?
    Wow...you're truly limited in you way of thinking my man. The Azera is already creating that sense of a Hyundai being fashionable. It's not the vehicle that's holding folks up, it's the past stigma of the company that's doing that. As more and more are seen, the more that perception will drop.

I hate to say it, but get ready to start seeing the sun rising in the west. It's not going to be much longer before Hyundai is recognized respectably along with Honda and Toyota.

7-10 years ago, I would agree with you about Hyundai biting off more than they could chew, but with the redesign of the Sonata, the introduction of the Azera, Tuscon and most recently the Veracruz and with the future production of the Genesis...Hyundai is going to create more than a mouthful for it's competitors.
    seem to remember a RT (or CD) article on this exact topic a couple of years back and also something like 10-20% increases in stopping distances. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.
    That commercial is so sickening that it's funny.
    Gee Captain, you're right. It is optimistic to compare a BMW to a Hyundai. The number of repairs and customer satisfaction rating of the Hyundai's is so much better.

(Check the ratings at JD Powers-- I happen to have picked an 06 Azera just to be fair, and an 06 BMW 325, they didn't have any 06 Series listed)
    It's not going to be much longer before Hyundai is recognized respectably along with Honda and Toyota
    you may be right, the jury has just been 'sent out'. But, a suggestion from the ole captain's marketing department: if you think you want to compete with the BMWs of the world, don't call it a "Hyundai", do what Toyota and Honda did with Lexus and Acura respectively.
    So...when they run these tests, are they doing them with a full tank of gas? Are all fluids topped off so that maximum weight is achieved? How much did the driver that did the test weigh? How often do you drive the car by yourself as opposed to with passengers? How many passengers are in the car on a regular basis?

There will always be variances that will affect total stopping distance with a vehicle. For me to put THAT much focus on the few extra pounds my wheel package has added, it's not worth the stress. There will also be one that you can't account for 100% of the time, and that's road surface.

One way to make up for any increase of that nature is to drive sensibly. Again, the only time I would worry about how quickly I can stop my car is if I'm out pushing my car to the limit in traffic.

I've had to apply my brakes in a few emergency situations with someone stopping short or pulling out suddenly and guess what...my car stopped with no problems.
    I think that is where you're wrong. Hyundai is out to TAKE that respect that won't be given to them. They've done a pretty good job so far with the Azera, if the Genesis is close to anything they are stating it to be. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus and Infinity will be in trouble, much less Honda, Toyota and Nissan.

Hyundai has to get Hyundai right before they can ever consider a premium brand name. However...maybe after the Genesis...we'll see that happen.
    BMW buyers are NOT concerned about silly reliability or satisfaction ratings either - you (as well as many others) are!
    That would make a bunch of us that are not likely potential BMW buyers, wouldn't it?
    Sorry I meant no 5 Series Bimmers listed. I also recall the ads for the Azera mentioning that it had more interior room than a 760 BMW. Now of course, if someone with a 760 needs a little more room, I am willing to sacrifice my Azera in an even trade to make them happy.