Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX vs. Infiniti G35

Comments

• sjaievesjaieve Member Posts: 252
    You're right about the excellent qualities of the G and the niche it fills very well between sport and luxury. Truth be told, I've been playing a little Devil's advocate here simply because I don't understand all narrow-minded opinions of the juvenile 0-60 fanboys that worship it. It's really a very poor choice for someone who's looking for a "fast car." It's quick, but it's not fast.

Glad you came out of the closet on this one, LOL. You seem to be getting your tongue twisted though, on one hand you say the G is a jack of all trades and in the same breath you state some buy the G cos of the 0-60 times only, which is it? and "You're right about the excellent qualities of the G and the niche it fills very well between sport and luxury" that is exactly why we chose it, the 0-60 times is just a bonus:)

Oh and on a different note, I used to take the 328i for granted but when you realize that with only 230HP, the car will take on the TSX V6, Cadillac CTS, C350, TL with 305HP, I realized why CD makes a big deal of this car. I have to take my hat off to the engineering that went behind the smooth inline 6 in that car. But for the same price, I am very happy with the "jack of all trades".
  • drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    Wow, that 04 TSX's dash IS nice. I for one also prefer the 04-07 Accord, especially the dash, to the current generation.

I, too, am playing devil's advocate. One reason for my original post (#130) was I was looking for someone to tell me why I should get a TSX V6. (another reason was simply to 'wake up' the forum, since it may make for interesting discussion). My lease on my 08 G35 is over in Sept. 2011. That may be bad timing with regard to catching the G at the tail end of its generation cycle, so I would like to be thinking about other choices. I actually think the TSX V6 is a very interesting car.

The point about the G's engine being less than refined at high revs is so true, unfortunately. I noticed it immediately the first time I test drove it. It sounded more course than the engine in my previous car, a 2007 Saturn Aura XR. (hey, don't laugh, the General's 3.6 L engine is actually smoother than you might think).
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    "Have you had a chance to drive "terrific car?" What's about torque steer and FWD? Why 5 speed auto?"

Yes, I have. I owned a 2004 TSX 6MT.

I have also driven a 2009 TSX 6MT and liked it, though not as much as the old one.

FWD is a downside, no doubt about it, but for 90% of drivers buying in this segment, I don't think it matters much (I don't think most drivers can tell the difference). Besides, all new cars, whether Acura, Audi, BMW, or Porsche, are set up to push at the limit. To dial understeer out of any new car, you must spend money in the aftermarket.

As for torque steer, a well engineered FWD car - especially one with only 200hp, will not have a problem with it. Nobody who has driven the V6 TSX has mentioned torque steer, so I'll assume for now it's a non-issue.

5 speed. 7-speed, DSC, LMNOP - if it has a slushbox, it's just another Buick as far as I'm concerned.
    "on one hand you say the G is a jack of all trades and in the same breath you state some buy the G cos of the 0-60 times only, which is it?"

It seems to me that an inordinate number of G owners think their car is the shiznit. I can't begin to count the number of G's that have pulled up next to me at a light and wanted to race me. It's a Jack-of-all-trades in that it does many things well (accelerate, corner, ride, features, etc.), but it isn't the best at anything. In it's class, it's not the fastest, it's not the best handling, it's not the most luxurious or refined, and it's not the prettiest.

"I used to take the 328i for granted but when you realize that with only 230HP, the car will take on the TSX V6, Cadillac CTS, C350, TL with 305HP."

You are overlooking the real reasons why the 328i can keep up with those other, more powerful cars. It's not the I-6 (which I agree is a fine motor). It's weight (sprung and unsprung), gearing, driveline loss, and torque converters all conspiring to rob these cars of acceleration (and handling). The 305 HP Acura TL-S isn't as quick as the G37 because it has a slushbox and weighs 300 lbs. more. The TSX V6 isn't quicker because of the slushbox and FWD drivetrain (weight transfer at launch lifts the front wheels and limits traction).

Again, you should be happy with your G, it's a nice car - if you prefer crude drivetrains, cheap materials, numb steering, and vague clutch/throttle response... ;)
    "I, too, am playing devil's advocate."

:)

"One reason for my original post (#130) was I was looking for someone to tell me why I should get a TSX V6."

I won't be the one to tell you that. If Buick were to build a small, sporty sedan, it would be the V6 TSX.

"my previous car, a 2007 Saturn Aura XR. (hey, don't laugh...)"

I'm not laughing. I think the Aura is actually a pretty nice car (and a good effort from GM). The 3.6L is an outstanding motor, and I like the brown leather interior and cockpit design/layout (nicer than the G :P ).
  • drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    With regard to the Aura, I miss the remote start (not available on the G) and the smoother, if less powerful, engine. The dash is nice as well. The backseat and trunk were larger than the Infiniti's.

One big advantage for the G, however, is the AWD (mine is a G35X). It virtually eliminates unwanted wheelspin, especially in the rain, and handles better in the snow. I never thought I would care about AWD until I drove this. The 252 hp FWD Saturn often chirped its tires even when I was not trying to drive aggresively. I suppose that may be a potential downside to the TSX - no AWD.
    It seems to me that an inordinate number of G owners think their car is the shiznit. I can't begin to count the number of G's that have pulled up next to me at a light and wanted to race me. It's a Jack-of-all-trades in that it does many things well (accelerate, corner, ride, features, etc.),

What do you drive, if its a TSX I hardly believe any G is going to try to race you, its a pure waste of the G drivers time.

Again, you should be happy with your G, it's a nice car - if you prefer crude drivetrains, cheap materials, numb steering, and vague clutch/throttle response... Thanks for your opinion on this, its always good to know what others think, keeps me in check. :D

You are overlooking the real reasons why the 328i can keep up with those other, more powerful cars. It's not the I-6 (which I agree is a fine motor). It's weight (sprung and unsprung), gearing, driveline loss, and torque converters all conspiring to rob these cars of acceleration (and handling). The 305 HP Acura TL-S isn't as quick as the G37 because it has a slushbox and weighs 300 lbs. more. The TSX V6 isn't quicker because of the slushbox and FWD drivetrain (weight transfer at launch lifts the front wheels and limits traction).

And that is exactly why the Acura needs to go back to the drawing board.
    "What do you drive"

A BMW M3.

"Acura needs to go back to the drawing board."

And this summarizes why you just don't get it. The TSX is exactly what it's supposed to be. It's not trying to be a G37 or 3-series. Like clothing, people buying cars in this segment have many different priorities for choosing Brand A over Brand B. Some place a high value on acceleration and handling while others look for a certain style, refinement, aesthetics.

If you think of the G37 as a "poor man's BMW 3-series," then perhaps it would help to think of the TSX as a "rich man's VW Jetta."

Different target audience, different strengths and weaknesses, different philosophy, but no less compelling a car than the G37.
    My lease on my 08 is up next year and I will step into the G37. However its not going to be major change, I could have tried to find something else but due to my love for "numb steering, inferior materials, coarse drivetrain" I just cannot find anything right now that tickles my fancy. S4 would have done it if it started at 5k less than where its projected to start. I will just have to suck it up when the new G37s comes out. There is rumors that the G37 will be getting a DI engine most likely for the 2011MY or 2012MY, if its 2011 you will be right in line to get that.

If you want another car can I suggest:

Altima, Genesis, Maxima, Camry, they all are FWD cars and I dont think there is anything the TSX offers not available in these cars, unless "brand" is important to you. I was in a Maxima the other day and was impressed by what it has to offer, the interior looks great, comes with a super large moonroof, interior room is abundant, lots of tech (you have the same in the G though), 290HP and most likely if the G gets DI taking it to 350HP, the Maxima in the 2011/2012 MY may get the VQ engines currently available in the G37. This will be at the same time you are changing cars.

I can assure you are going to get more information once the threads start that compare these cars (Camry, Altima, Genesis, Accord :D etc) to the TSX, the other drivers are going to have a lot to say and it will be fun, if I have time I will check them out just for the fun of it.
    A BMW M3.

Makes sense, I would not try as I would get slaughtered, its not worth both my time or your time.

And this summarizes why you just don't get it. The TSX is exactly what it's supposed to be. It's not trying to be a G37 or 3-series. Like clothing, people buying cars in this segment have many different priorities for choosing Brand A over Brand B. Some place a high value on acceleration and handling while others look for a certain style, refinement, aesthetics.

Well I do, I think getting a TSX for a premium over Altimas, Camrys or Honda Accord may be considered by some as not worth it unless you are buying into the brand. I do not think I am the only one who will tell you that Acura messed up the current line up. They really do need to regroup. Look at the previous TL, did they really need to kill it like they did in the current MY. All they had to do was make a good thing better, and they did the opposite. See the MT comments on the TSX, lots of people are in the same boat as me.

If you think of the G37 as a "poor man's BMW 3-series," then perhaps it would help to think of the TSX as a "rich man's VW Jetta."

LOL, take it easy champ. The G can be priced right up to 45k, same as the 328i. The base price of the 335i is 40k. I dont think we are still living in the age where the 3 series is for rich people, these are not "rich people" prices we are talking about. If that were the case, what would we say of the Ferraris of this world. These are all entry level luxury cars so to say a G is a poor mans 3 series is really .........

Here is the thing, you try to compare a TSX to a G, take any segment, reliability, handling, tech, etc, it will get slaughtered, it will most likely get slaughtered with the Maxima, Camry and Accord as well. My point still stands, the TSX should not be compared to the G, maybe Camry as its way out if its league here. Like it or not thats just the way it is.

Put differently, the G is way out of its league with the M3, even the previous gen M3 and you will never see me try to compare these cars.
    Oh BTW, good choice on the M3, its a very nice car. However in my case, for 80k, I will go with the GTR. I guess that shows you how different we are, LOL. Dont take that to mean I do not like the M3, in fact you dont need me to tell you that, its quite simply the benchmark for performanc :) e luxury sedans under 100k. In my case though, the GTR tickles my fancy more.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ...unless "brand" is important to you.

Yes, that's all for some people. There're so many people out there who try to justify that when they spend more money, they get better products. I like to buy CK and Lacoste cloths b/c I like them. If you ask me "is the quality better than those cheaper brands?", I don't think. However, some people would think that because they spend $80 for a Lacoste shirt, they get a superior quality product.

Those are the people who say "BMW is the best!, or "Honda is the best!, or "Toyota is the best!", "Nissan is the best!", or "MB is the best!".
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Thanks for holding up our side, or trying to.

I'm enjoying my '08 manual TSX, but not as much as the 3-series estate I would have preferred -- if it didn't have RFTs and came with a 2 or 2.5 litre diesel. Oh, and then there's that failure-prone oil level sensor and no dip stick, oh, and that . . .

So, the TSX is a definite compromise for me, but the G would have been also. Truck engine, lousy fuel mileage & no fold-down rear seats, but that's just me.

Another backstory is the TSX diesel that was supposed to have been introduced here by now, but apparently won't be. I figured I could trade in my gasser on the diesel & do okay. Oh, but wait, no diesel for you (think soup [non-permissible content removed]).

I could end up driving this appliance for quite some time & it's generally okay. I'd really like RWD, but I've got a solid manual transmission, decent handling & pretty damn good fuel mileage, plus which the thing will last for the next 200K miles.

If Audi brings a diesel A3 or A4 with a manual, or if BMW wakes up and brings the 2 or 2.5 diesels (with manual) over here (as opposed to the giant-killer 3.35D, only available with an automatic), or if I decide I can live with VW reliability, I may trade in my TSX, but for now I'm okay.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    "Oh BTW, good choice on the M3, its a very nice car. However in my case, for 80k, I will go with the GTR."

Actually, I'm not a fan of the new M3 (or any current BMW's). It's too big and heavy for me. No, my M3 is a 22 year-old original E30. It's got a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and weighs 2700 lbs.

Actually, your GTR is another perfect example of why you and I have completely different feelings about cars. When I drive a car, I appreciate subtle tactile steering response, a light, crisp shift action, perfectly modulated throttle response, an engine that sings and asks for more as it winds up to 8000 RPM, and a chassis that dances through corners. I want to be rewarded for driving a car with skill and precision. The GTR is more like a video game than a sports car - just push the go pedal and turn the steering wheel and it does the rest. You can have it.

It matters less to me how fast I'm going than the way the car interacts with and responds to me. Remember, we're talking about cars that are primarily used to commute in urban traffic and maybe take a cruise down the freeway on the weekend. If we are talking about going to the track on weekends and driving at 10/10ths, then yes, G37 is the better choice (though, still a poor choice compared to better cars out there). But for relaxing in traffic during your weekday commute or clearing your head with a brisk (but not aggressive) 7/10ths drive through the mountains, I think the TSX is the more pleasant car to drive. More precise steering, better clutch/shifter, airy and bright cabin, soft touch controls, and lighter on it's feet. It just feels right.

The Altima, Accord, Camry, etc. could perhaps be compared with the automatic transmission TSX, but none of them can match the TSX's combination of trim dimensions, chassis dynamics, and quality fit/finish. If you can't tell the difference, then you have never driven a 6MT TSX.

I do agree with you about the direction Acura is going. The previous generation TSX and TL were better, more focused cars than the current crop.
    Come to think of it...

I think the best car in this class would offer the sportiness of the G37 with the polish/refinement of the Acura TSX. Basically, the BMW 335i.
    Well, if clothes are made in Italy, hand sawn over there, then yes I can pay a premium for that. But if its made in China and they attach a brand label on it, no I will not pay a premium. The reason being in China, the clothes are made using cheap labor, therefore I will not pay as much as for a brand coming from Italy, where the labor costs are more expensive. With cars, LOL, I buy the object, not the brand. I agree Mercedes is great, the S Class, CL come to mind (few can compete well with these cars), but when it comes to the C Class, there are so many competitors out there it can hardly stand out. So buying a C Class cos its a Mercedes, may not necessarily be the best way to approach this. Yes its a Mercedes but more importantly its a C Class. But each to his own, as long as you are happy.
    Actually, I'm not a fan of the new M3 (or any current BMW's). It's too big and heavy for me. No, my M3 is a 22 year-old original E30. It's got a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and weighs 2700 lbs.

A lot of good things have been said of this model of the M3. Look man, I dont own a GTR and so will not get into any discussion on how it feels etc although I disagree a lot with what you said about it. I will leave it at that.

If we are talking about going to the track on weekends and driving at 10/10ths, then yes, G37 is the better choice (though, still a poor choice compared to better cars out there). But for relaxing in traffic during your weekday commute or clearing your head with a brisk (but not aggressive) 7/10ths drive through the mountains, I think the TSX is the more pleasant car to drive.

I am not sure if you are saying this becuase you dislike me or the car, LOL. Listen, I used to own an IS250 before I got rid of it. I will tell you this, the G drives better in every day traffic than the IS250. It just feels so much better, less tire noise and more comfortable as it absorbs bumps better. In fact these days I have just been rolling down the windows driving at 50mph listening to music and just watching guys pass by. Sooooooo relaxing.

Just to be fair, here are my issues with the G:
    No DRL
    Doors do not lock when you start driving, this has been corrected for 09 models though.
    Fuel mileage 20mpg, its bad but cant complain, I knew what I was getting into. I do use all of my horses quite frequently though. Or put differently, its tough to hide all those horses.
    The IS250 had better materials than the G, but, compared to say Camry, Accord, Altima, the materials are better, which is the minimum I require to call this a luxury car.

Good luck with the Altima, Camry, Maxima forums, if I were you I would not even start a thread of that nature as I think it will be tough convincing those guys the TSX is the wiser choice.
    think the best car in this class would offer the sportiness of the G37 with the polish/refinement of the Acura TSX. Basically, the BMW 335i.

I have to disagree. In terms of sportiness, the 335i rules. So you cant say a 335i with the sportiness of the G37, please apologize to the 335i owners:)

As far as Acura refinement/polishness goes, you are probably the 1st person I have heard say this, but each to his own, its what makes you happy at the end of the day right. :D
    "As far as Acura refinement/polishness goes, you are probably the 1st person I have heard say this."

Really!?!? It's obvious that you've never driven a TSX, and now I'm sure you've never even read a magazine review either. Car & Driver Magazine eloquently summed up the TSX back in 2004. Here's a sample:

"Take Acura's new sports sedan, the TSX. It's a car that distances itself from its rivals not by performance numbers, but rather by how it performs. The TSX goes about its business so smoothly and so silkily that precision could be its middle name."

"Sit behind the TSX's leather-wrapped, three-spoke steering wheel, and it appears as if all the money went into the materials and the fluidity of the parts. The sumptuous leather, the tasteful metallic accents, the LED gauges, and the top-grade plastics are befitting a car costing twice as much...All the materials scream luxury, and all the parts whisper smooth. Every knob, switch, and moving part seems to be glazed with Teflon."

"Our advice is this: If you're in the market for a less-than-$30-grand sports sedan, check out the TSX. It's not the quickest to 60, or the fastest around the skidpad, or the shortest stopper, but it's the purest form of precision in its class."

And C&D's first drive of the 2009 TSX...

"From our brief first drive along the mountain roads northeast of San Diego, we can say that the new car still has that light-on-its-feet feeling that has characterized the TSX all along. Power from the rev-happy 201-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder is sufficient if not overabundant. The delightfully precise, stubby six-cog manual shifter is exactly the same bit found in the 2008 model and delivers, not surprisingly, the same level of satisfaction."

"As before, the TSX’s steering is crisp, quick, and happily unaffected by the 172 pound-feet of torque being sent to the front axle. The suspension is taut, yielding sweet and flat cornering about as close to that of, say, the Volkswagen GTI, as possible without allowing impact harshness to turn off premium brand customers"

"We have always been fond of the TSX’s balance of power, comfort, and fun, so we were thrilled (and relieved) that, for once, such a balance has been retained in spite of Honda’s thorough reworking of pretty much everything around that honey of an engine."

Obviously, it's not your kind of car, and that's OK - The G is a fantastic car, no doubt. But I challenge you to find one review of the G37 that uses so many words like "jewel," "refined," "delightful," "smoothly and silkily," "sumptuous," or "tasteful" to describe the G37. These words should give you some idea of why the TSX appeals to so many people - in spite of it's obvious performance shortcomings. These subjective characteristics may not be important to you personally, but they are important qualities in the ELLPS class. And these qualities happen to be where the TSX shines over the G37.
  • ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    Is Acura arrogant or stupid?

Why is it that all other brands are using 6,7 or 8 Speed Auto transmission, but
    Acura is still using 5 Speed Auto?

Is it a cash problem or just being ignorant and not understand what's going on?

Why is Acura insisting using Major Ugly Design-especially front face that only
    mother would love?

When you spend Millions of dollar developing new cars, don't they ask for
    some input and opinion Before in production?

BMW-nice performance cars, which I'd only consider leasing during warranty
    period, Unless you have a good friend or relative who can work on it when it
    starts to breakdown after warranty is over. :)
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    The TSX comes with a V-6 engine?? The TL has aV-6 engine. The G37 will blow the TSX off the road..... And if yiu get the G37X - with AWD which the Acura TSX doesn't offer, NO CONTEST. I like the TSX both the newest generation and the last generation, but the Infiniti G35-37 X sport, Journey rules this segment of the market. read the reviews.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Hate that CVT tranny. Give me a traditional, rear wheel drive drivetrain, with AWD, power and torquey. G37X Handsdown... The fully loaded Maxima, if you price it out, you will find it may come in for more than a G37X with the premium package.
    "The G37 will blow the TSX off the road."

First one to the skate park wins!
    I am sorry man, ELLPS has cars worth on average 35k & up. My G is worth north of that number. When CD said if you want a car less than 30k the TSX is the best in that category, they hit the nail in the head. The TSX simply does not compete (see CD camparo of the TL, G37, A4 & 328i) and no matter how much you think its refined, my take on refinement is A4 & lexus IS250. Funny enough, I actually did test drive the TSX & TL before getting the IS250. Never been so uninspired in my life. At the time power was not important to me but the Acura line up was DEAD as far as I was concerned.

BTW the TSX is a Honda Accord in Japan, i.e. a family sedan. The G is a Nissan Skyline in Japan, which is a sports sedan. You can consider the TSX as ELLPS in your world but in Japan where it comes from its meant to compete with the Camry & Altima , Maxima will annihilate the TSX which is why I tell you to focus on your under 30k group where the TSX nicely fits in, but obviously as a family sedan, it will not compete very well. Camry & Accord will own it.

As for your take on what you define as silky, smooth, refined, I am sorry, the IS250 did that very well for me. The A4 is on my top choice as well. And do I care that you choose to spend your money on the Honda Accord, yes mine is a Nissan skyline, no I dont care. I am not even trying to convince you to get the G. If I was the only one driving the G in America I could not be happier. My point still stands SIR, you are WAY out of your league here. In any case the G outsells the TSX, not saying it means anything but I guess fewer people are convinced to the a TSX over its competition, Camry, Accord, Altima, Maxima which are the better choices IMHO.

Ask anyone who made a similar move from IS250 (way more refined than the TSX) to the G, ask them what they thought of the move, they will tell you the G is twice the car offered by the IS250. Ask people who move from the TL to the G, and I can assure you, you will find people moving from the TSX to the G (fewer going the reverse route). Spoken differently, is moving from a G to a TSX an "upgrade"?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    My point still stands SIR, you are WAY out of your league here.

If you were so comfortable with that fact, why would you make STATEMENTS like THAT? Personally, I don't have a horse in this race, but I usually enjoy reading about comparisons like this, but this forum has gotten a little depressing lately. A lot less to read about cars, and a lot more huffing and puffing about "blowing the doors" off each other's cars. Really? You're in a business-class sedan and you're concerned about getting the jump on the fellow sedan at the traffic light? I have a lot more respect for a car that won't embarass itself in the curves as opposed to in a straight line. Frankly, legal limits will be reached (and exceeded by a great deal) in general long before either of these cars handling limits will. Steering feel? Yes please. Again, neither of these is a runaway winner in that department; both are decidedly sporty while still lending a luxury feel.

My best friend drives a comparble car to mine, but never once have we ever pretended we were "racing for pinks," but what do I know. I just graduated college and am 21 years old, and haven't gotten the first speeding ticket or caused an accident. Guess I went straight from teenager to geezer. :shades:
    I am simply trying to educate this guy that if he prefers FWD, there are finer examples out there, like the Maxima. I actually have a deep respect for the Maxima, I think its a fine product but I prefer RWD and the G like you said is a better option.

One thing that I have noticed is the G drivers have been steered away from performance, you get labeled with the "0-60 fanboys" title, LOL. What else can you say about a TSX, you will most certainly have to look for some subjective features which funny enough, the G embodies as well.

Is there a way to add Camry, Maxima, Altima to this thread, I think this discussion will end. Here will be the ranking

1)G
    2)Camry, Altima, Maxima,
    3) TSX

At least thats what I think. Heck I dont mind losing to any of those cars tied at 2 either, just not the TSX, LOL.
    Read my posts again, at some stage I said "no G driver will waste his time trying to race a TSX" I dont think it will be a race anyways. I am certainly not interested in that and I have enjoyed my 300 horses, I mean I did pay for them right, what I choose to do with them is certainly my business right.

To be fair, I have seen only one guy who spoke about smoking a TSX. My posts have touched on a lot of things and I have spent the least amount of time on smoking a TSX, I think everyone is in agreement that performance the G takes it, no need to go there, its a waste of everyones time.

All I want is to include the Camry, Maxima, Altima v6 models, thats where things get interesting. I care more for the opinions of drivers of those cars than TSX, its just mud slinging and funny enough I have not said much about the things I dont like about the TSX, just the things I like about the G.

Oh BTW, I am very comfortable with what I am saying, remember I am the guy who after reading CD tell me to buy a 328i over a G I was like are you nuts, and I chose. That should tell you that I am a strong independent personality, and I expect everyone here to be the same so my statements are not meant to scare, insult or anything, just take them at face value and throw your opinions in my direction, heck quote more CD if you want, its even more enjoyable.

BTW, add 335i, that should keep me in check, LOL

Is there any G driver who wants to add something about steering feel and cornering, I can get slalom numbers and figure 8 numbers but if people do not understand how well this car does in that dept as well, I am really not willing to waste my time on this.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    I am really not willing to waste my time on this.

Could have fooled me.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    If you really think the TSX and Camry are in any way alike, then you've lost all credibility with me (and I'm guessing many other members of this forum).

I can't argue with that kind of logic. I'm done with you.
    I guess thats the difference between me and you, I do not go through life thinking because a car wears a badge, its different from or cannot be compared to the best selling sedans in the world, Camry, Accord. These cars define the minimum requirement for me to consider stepping up to "luxury", "performance". Its not easy for a car to set itself apart from that segment. To me the car that sets itself apart the furthest does a better job and deserves the premium.
  • pavelbarchukpavelbarchuk Member Posts: 14
    wow you guys, comparing apples and bananas. you simply cant compare any toyota to any acura, they are totaly different cars, they drive differently, handle differently, etc... The toyota has a much better "softer" and "quiet ride than the acuras do, but i wouldnt take the toyotas cuz they dont perform too good.

So hows the ride in your TSX?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    very comfortable-been on 3 cross county roadtrips in the tsx. The ride was quieter when we had the OEM Michelin tires but we replaced them with Yokohama avid v-s tires at 74,000 miles. Very disappointed with them-noisy and the gas mileage went down. Our tsx, bought new 11.17.06, has 88,000 problem free miles. Love it.
  • pshowpshow Member Posts: 1
    A TSX vs Infiniti G? The TSX is built on the Honda Civic platform. This is not even a comparison. Place the TL AWD against the G37X and that is a true comparison. I think the Acura TSX is a great car for what it is but it is not a G.
    the rsx was built on the honda civic platform-not the tsx
    The TSX and the TL are both based on the Accord platform.

Doesn't the G share a platform with an SUV? :P
    LOL, no sir, the two can be compared. I drive a G and have been having fun with this thread. I invite you to do the same, its truly entertaining. Be careful not to be labeled a "0-60 fanboy" :D though
    Forgot to add, the TSX is not only based on the Euro Accord, it is the Accord everywhere else but the US. The G is based on the FM platform shared with the everything Infiniti makes (except for the QX, not sure) . The G is the Nissan Skyline in Japan as well (not sure if that changes anything). However this talk on what platform the G or TSX is based on does not really add much value I think. Or its just me
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    look both auto makers use the same parts for a number of cars-- infact every honda at the accord level or above has accord parts- (engine number one).. I am biased because I own G35x -- the nissan makes a better lux brand by far- they offer both v6 and v8 options.. they have manuals that people buy (one in 6k TL's come in stick)-- they have a better flagship --they have a better v6 - (and a 400hp v8).. they have a 6 speed auto.. they have a super car (acura used to have one) The platform for the performance with the GtR is second to none. I think your karate is a joke along with this argument- TSX vs this present G not close- Regular TL not close - and the AWD version closer but its a little more expensive and has less power and a 5 speed auto in most cases.. sorry the performance and the sales numbers dont back up the acura brand-___(lets hope the hosts keep this post..its in the comparo chat)
    Happy to read how pleased you are with your infiniti. The closest infiniti dealer to us is 160 miles away. We previously owned nissans-had lots of problems-thankfully covered by recalls. Our nissan truck had the engine replaced because of a screw up by nissan. Our maxima transmission was replaced twice-again a nissan screw-up. I am very pleased with my 06 tsx. Has 108K+ problem free miles.
    glad your happy with your TSX but again its a 4 cyl fwd (euro accord) and not a performance sedan-- I had a 1987 maxima that went 160k miles until the electrical went--I would agree if your looking to hold a car a while the TSX would prob be a better choice given its accord heritage.
    edited July 2010
    nice pic-- i like the grill paint-- all TL owners should force the dealer to paint that ugly snout
    For what I need the car for I am very pleased with the 4 Cylinder FWD tsx. I have owned RWD (Volvo's and mercedes) 4WD (Nissan and Mitsubishi) AWD (Eagle and FWD (Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, etc). Owned Turbo, Turbo Diesel, V6 and V8 engines. The maxima we owned was also a 1987 with 5MT. The engine was too powerful for the transmission.
    thats good but it should not be compared to a rwd (AND AWD) car that has 130 more hp.
    heres a good article on the past generation tsx

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/the-last-good-honda-mid-ohio-retires-its-tsx-fl- eet/
    Do we have a thread for the upcoming G25 vs TSX?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Nope, but feel free to start one!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Acura TSX vs. Infiniti G25 Discussion

There's a link. :)

Kirstie, when will a new model be added in the selections to add the G25? I had to link the discussions with G35, which I suppose is fine for now.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Wish I could tell you, but keeping in mind that I'm the plankton on the Edmunds food chain, I don't have access to that info. We'll keep an eye out for it to appear, though, and add it to the list of vehicles in the header when it's available.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

At least you're in the food chain. :-)

I got a T-Shirt once, and have had some mentions in the caption contests (one victory!). That's about it.

I'd love to be in the Edmunds food chain. Broadcast Journalism graduate here who's been a car nut for 15 years.
    http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/sonata/2011/2011-hyundai-sonata-20t-first-driv- e.html

for 25k--maybe 30k all in with leather and all the options is this what the V6 TSX should be??

why doesnt acura offer the turbo (like they do in the small truck) in the TSX instead of a heavy V6?
This discussion has been closed.